Last year the awesome Brashnir created the Backlog Blitz allowing us to keep track of our success or lack their of in beating our backlog's. With that, I present you with the 2013 edition.
- If you finish a game in your backlog, it counts as +1.
- If you buy or otherwise acquire a new game, that counts as -1
- The goal is to have as high a number as possible.
- Clean Slate - You only count games as a -1 that you bought this year. As of January 1st your total score is reset to zero, any games bought/received prior do not count as a -1, only a +1 if you beat them.
- Freebies - It has been the consensus after last year that free games (not gifts/presents) count as a +/- 0. They can be included in the thread but please attempt to use something to denote that they were free and do not count as a +/- 1.
- PS + - This is really the same as freebies, some people liked to mark them different than the freebies though for organization purposes.
- HD Collections - As agreed upon in last years thread, if you haven't played the game before than the HD collection can count as a +/- 1; however, if you have already played it then it does not count towards your goal.
- Multiplayer Only Games - It is generally considered okay to consider them beaten once you *feel* you have gotten a full games worth of content.
- UPDATES - Please update your status with a new post. Updating your old post won't allow your progress to motivate others. Once a game is beaten or once/twice a month seem to be the standard updates, but feel free to do it as you please.
- Backloggery - This site is a little more manual but seems to be a GAF favorite. The focus is just on your completion status of the game (Unplayed, Unfinished, Beaten, Completed).
- HowLongToBeat - This site allows you to enter the amount of time it took to beat the game and can also be used as a reference for how long it may take to beat based on other players results.
- Davonaytor has offered up some teasers for his Backlogging site. Really looking forward to that! See below, it is looking GREAT!
- Raptr - This site will track games and achievements across Live, PSN, and Steam. On Live it will track time; however, it does not include a game status (unfinished, beaten, complete, etc...).
2012 Thread Leaderboard
- stonedwal 41
- vall03 38
- Gryphter 23
- Asparagus 14
- Netto-Kun 2
- Brashnir 1
- guest1321 1
- Arukado 0
- Everdred 0
- TheBigG753 -1
- stn -3
- BrokenEchelon -5
- Blizniak -10
- CecilRousso -10
- BarrenMind -14
- archnemesis -16
- JacksUsername -16
- Thores -19
- IrishNinja -19
- Jive Turkey -20
- Glaurungr -28
- Mit- -29
- ghibli99 -36