• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

LordOfLore
Banned
(09-19-2017, 03:23 PM)
First time he's playable since 06, right?

Edit:

Originally Posted by Wonder Peter

I'll post the pics:

Shauni
Leaking from the cut of the razor thin edge
KZXcellent
Neat. Hope he has a gun.
friskykillface
Banned
(09-19-2017, 03:24 PM)
Ow the edge is back 😎
Nights Owl
Banned
... What's the point of a Shadow costume for the create a character if Shadow is in the game as a thing... and has his own DLC story?
jediyoshi
I can't believe I missed the Persona costume reveal
kulapik
No president no buy
Shauni
(09-19-2017, 03:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Nights Owl

... What's the point of a Shadow costume for the create a character if Shadow is in the game as a thing... and has his own DLC story?

Because he lives on the edge
Star Orpheus

Same reason Xenoverse lets you dress as all the playable characters. Dress up is fun!
Toxi
Banned

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Rivals 2.
Zalman
(09-19-2017, 03:26 PM)
I think this is actually pretty cool. Been waiting for Shadow to be playable again in the new style.
Dusk Golem
A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
James Scott
Banned
Shadow hasn't been good since SA2.
Wonder if they'll have DLC for the other villains
SpokkX
haha this game is getting better and better - bringing back Shadow is a reaaaally smart move Sega

seriously really looking forward to...

reading and looking at video reviews for this sure to be turd - always enjoy that with 3d Sonic, like watching a train crash
Tizoc
Count me in.
Toxi
Banned

Originally Posted by kulapik

No president no buy

Obama chuckled.
CHC
Orb
(09-19-2017, 03:27 PM)
Metal Sonic when? Also Silver. I want Silver to play better than he did in 06, though lol
MrBadger
this'll probably be like Sonic 4 Episode Metal or the Lost World NiGHTS level. Just an existing level in the main game with slight differences. People expecting an entire campaign should probably keep other Sonic DLC in mind.
shaowebb
The Keeper and Holy Guardian of Captain Badass
My kingdom for Sonic SATam dlc costumes. I wanna play as Sally and Bunny.
Dusk Golem
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1
Berordn
So do we know for sure you actually play as him, or is this just speculation at this point?
hotcyder

Originally Posted by CHC

I love this beautiful edge boy
Linkstrikesback
(09-19-2017, 03:28 PM)

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Sonic and the Black Knight.
TheOnlyOneHeEverFeared
(09-19-2017, 03:28 PM)
Hope he backflips off an exploding motorbike before gunning down human soldiers with an assault rifle while a crush 40 song plays.
McMoneyman
(09-19-2017, 03:29 PM)
Obliterating everything that's not your friend.
Wonder Peter
(09-19-2017, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Berordn

So do we know for sure you actually play as him, or is this just speculation at this point?

There's a description for the DLC in where it states that.

Shadow vs Infinite, who will be edgier?
Watch Da Birdie
I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pele the Beloved Dog DLC when?
Nights Owl
Banned
I guess this will explain why Shadow is a bad guy randomly again?
purseowner
(09-19-2017, 03:32 PM)
This isn't playable Big.
Berordn

There's a description for the DLC in where it states that.

Shadow vs Infinite, who will be edgier?

Ah, didn't see it anywhere since the OP just shows the store icon.

I guess this will explain why Shadow is a bad guy randomly again?

It seems pretty clear that Infinite is controlling the whole rogues gallery this time around.

It's not like Zavok or Chaos are really friends with Eggman and are willing to answer to his beck and call. (That said, any excuse to bring Chaos back is always good. He's too cool to stay irrelevant.)
Jimnymebob

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

The President would't miss it for the world.

This is secretly the funniest thing about Shadow the Hedgehog, and it's a crime that you only usually see the "damn 4th chaos emerald", "find the computer room" and "taking candy from a baby" things
Linkark07
(09-19-2017, 03:33 PM)
Will he finally find that damn fourth chaos emerald?
Dusk Golem
(09-19-2017, 03:34 PM)

sixteen-bit
(09-19-2017, 03:34 PM)

Originally Posted by CHC

Lol
BanjoLayleeYookaKazooie
(09-19-2017, 03:35 PM)
This could be damn good. And by damn good I mean damn edgy and hilarious.

We shall see.
Nights Owl
Banned

Originally Posted by Berordn

Ah, didn't see it anywhere since the OP just shows the store icon.

It seems pretty clear that Infinite is controlling the whole rogues gallery this time around.

It's not like Zavok or Chaos are really friends with Eggman and are willing to answer to his beck and call. (That said, any excuse to bring Chaos back is always good. He's too cool to stay irrelevant.)

That's true. I guess it never really crossed my mind.

And I agree. Chaos is too cool to not use here and there in new games.

Well that reason we kind of already know, Sonic Forces takes place in an alternate timeline/dimension than the main series where Eggman won, conquered 99% of the world, and now a resistance has risen up against him. As a result, all the entities and experiments Eggman has tried to rise up through the series are actually on his side, which is why Metal Sonic, Shadow, Chaos, that guy from Lost Worlds, etc., are in Eggman's assembly as he's successfully conquered and they follow his rule. Apparently Sonic was defeated according to a recent stuff, like in this timeline before Sonic became a hero he already met his downfall and lost. But now I guess Sonic's back in the uprising, and the Classic Sonic from Mania's true ending seems to be along for the ride too.

It's bound to be fun silly, but curious where they go with this.

Ah, that's true. I have beaten Mania. I didn't think it'd tie into forces though.

I guess Shadow would have never really had a chance of redemption in the events of SA2 if Sonic was never a thing and the Biolizard never tried to hurl the Ark at earth.
Piccoro
I hope he uses guns.
TrueBlue
I always figured Shadow and Blaze would be perfect alternate characters for the Boost style - Generations basically showed off the possibility with the Shadow Rival battle.

Anyway, I'd be lying if I said the 12 year old in me wasn't a little excited. I'll always be fond of this guy.
Wonder Peter

The pics are in this album:
https://imgur.com/a/L6Nzy
Burdmayn
(09-19-2017, 03:36 PM)
This is gonna be Sonic '06 all over again isn't it?
mrmickfran
(09-19-2017, 03:37 PM)

The President would't miss it for the world.

No pictures of his family, just 2 talking hedgehogs.
Chase17
Releases same day as the game?
Camjo-Z
OH SHIT

Well I guess we know what the Sonic Twitter was teasing!

Originally Posted by Jimnymebob

This is secretly the funniest thing about Shadow the Hedgehog, and it's a crime that you only usually see the "damn 4th chaos emerald", "find the computer room" and "taking candy from a baby" things

I was playing Shadow the Hedgehog yesterday and honestly the "taking candy from a baby" was what had me rolling. Shadow's taking the good path, Sonic & friends show up and offer to take Shadow to the ARK so they can stop Black Doom. Shadow agrees and hops on... only to immediately fuck everyone over by stealing the Chaos Emerald powering the ship 2 seconds later while saying that quote and grinning like an idiot. That game is filled with ridiculous and far-fetched moments but that just had to take the cake.
LordOfLore
Banned

I'll post the pics:

Adding to OP!
Dusk Golem

Yoshi
(09-19-2017, 03:38 PM)

Originally Posted by MrBadger

this'll probably be like Sonic 4 Episode Metal or the Lost World NiGHTS level. Just an existing level in the main game with slight differences. People expecting an entire campaign should probably keep other Sonic DLC in mind.

Sonic Unleashed had meaty DLC with new levels though.
TrueBlue

The pics are in this album:
https://imgur.com/a/L6Nzy

10 Modern Sonic levels confirmed?
Alienous

I only have negative connotations.
Orb

Originally Posted by Burdmayn

This is gonna be Sonic '06 all over again isn't it?

Why would you think this? Besides baseless hate for 3D sonic?