• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Koala Driving a Ferrari
(11-10-2017, 08:08 AM)

Originally Posted by onQ123

New Xbox One X patch

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/928772948017668096

That's great news. Cheers for the heads-up. Hopefully Digital Foundry retest it and do a new video shortly.
JaffeLion
(11-10-2017, 08:42 AM)
and the winner is NOT pro. stop spinning guys
CRAIG667
(11-10-2017, 09:00 AM)

Originally Posted by JaffeLion

haha!
Madeiras
(11-10-2017, 09:08 AM)
Someone has frogs to swallow.
Bustanen
(11-10-2017, 09:30 AM)

Got you legit shook right? My $500 plastic box can't possibly be so slow.

/s
CRAIG667
(11-10-2017, 09:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Bustanen

/s

WUT.
martino
(11-10-2017, 10:12 AM)
i own a pro and no xbox console but this thread look like some serious self talk to make pro trade blow above its weigth
Yeah early x support is not perfect...shocking.
VCALMLIKEABOMBV
(11-10-2017, 10:27 AM)
I was waiting to start TF2 until X1X patch. I started campaign and damn the visuals are stunning!
Christocolus
(11-10-2017, 11:06 AM)

New Xbox One X patch

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/928772948017668096

Good.
EvB
(11-10-2017, 11:21 AM)
Looks nuts

TGO
(11-10-2017, 11:54 AM)

It's a bug

gonna be a new meme now right?
Should be first post in every new comparison thread.
That said this is the same with every game at launch, some get fixed some just go on as evidence of lack of power on that said system.
I'm sure many games can output better resolutions and performance if they was fixed but most devs don't bother.
Look at AC SYNDICATE, that launched as a 900p game on PS4, a year later it's 1080p
EvB
(11-10-2017, 12:17 PM)

Originally Posted by TGO

gonna be a new meme now right?
Should be first post in every new comparison thread.
That said this is the same with every game at launch, some get fixed some just go on as evidence of lack of power on that said system.
I'm sure many games can output better resolutions and performance if they was fixed but most devs don't bother.
Look at AC SYNDICATE, that launched as a 900p game on PS4, a year later it's 1080p

Itís been fixed today
thelastword
(11-10-2017, 12:37 PM)
Pro is basically 1440p on this. It will be interesting to see what the patch does for XBONEX. I don't think the PRO scales as high as 2160p, but it is something they may want to introduce to the pro if this patch resolves the IQ and perf issues on XBONEX...
TGO
(11-10-2017, 12:51 PM)

Originally Posted by EvB

Itís been fixed today

See, and I bet they could get it running even better with optimisation.
shpankey
not an idiot
(11-10-2017, 12:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Leyasu

Titanfall 2 just about to become gafs goat.

Lol
MaximusPayne
(11-10-2017, 01:44 PM)
Oh look, a patch.
amdb00mer
(11-10-2017, 02:02 PM)
While performance and resolution seem spot on now, some of the textures to me still look off. Seems like they did not upgrade the X1/X1S assets. In a perfect world they would have also implemented higher resolution textures, but I guess we will take what we can get.
Koala Driving a Ferrari
(11-10-2017, 03:56 PM)

Originally Posted by EvB

Looks nuts

O_o

Great screen shots! They look amazing. The team at Respawn absolutely nailed the art direction in TF2.
Louis Cyphre
(11-10-2017, 04:12 PM)

It was fun while it lasted.
JareBear
(11-10-2017, 04:15 PM)

Originally Posted by CRAIG667

WUT.

Youíre such a blatant X fanboy
MysteryM
(11-10-2017, 04:17 PM)

/s

Nope the first page is full of people saying it's a bug in the update, but please, carry on.
Liliana Eileen
(11-10-2017, 05:50 PM)
Funny seeing PS4 fanboys eat crow so fast haha.
Space_nut
(11-10-2017, 05:52 PM)

Lmao so good
shinnn
(11-10-2017, 05:55 PM)
Dabanton
(11-10-2017, 06:04 PM)
Moving on from crow eating... The game looks absolutely amazing. Everything is crisp and smooth.

Looking forward to replaying through the campaign again.
RootCause
(11-10-2017, 06:08 PM)
So a bug, like many of us predicted. ;)
Genio88
(11-10-2017, 07:08 PM)
Oh my god, GAF is really full of 14 years old Sony fanboys...but don't you worry PC is always better and Switch is the best console so deal with it.
ShadowkillXNA
(11-10-2017, 07:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Liliana Eileen

Funny seeing PS4 fanboys eat crow so fast haha.

Originally Posted by Space_nut

Lmao so good

Originally Posted by Genio88

Oh my god, GAF is really full of 14 years old Sony fanboys...but don't you worry PC is always better and Switch is the best console so deal with it.

Its amazing how posters like these guys constantly whine about fanboyism here while acting like huge fanboys themselves and virtually never contributing anything more meaningful than a drive by/shitpost/disengous comment themselves.
You want fanboyism gone, stop being hypocrites and don't be rabid fanboys yourselves.
Especially Jaffe, Liliana, Spacenut. You three have done a ton to make this board as toxic as possible.
Yearsoflurking
(11-10-2017, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowkillXNA

Its amazing how posters like these guys constantly whine about fanboyism here while acting like huge fanboys themselves and virtually never contributing anything more meaningful than a drive by/shitpost/disengous comment themselves.
You want fanboyism gone, stop being hypocrites and don't be rabid fanboys yourselves.
Especially Jaffe, Liliana, Spacenut. You three have done a ton to make this board as toxic as possible.

Thread title is wrong, that's a fact
pretty done
(11-10-2017, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Genio88

lol what a post

NuGAF is depressing to read. It's like nearly everyone who isn't a peanut brain fanboy has left the site.
Marvel
could never
(11-10-2017, 07:53 PM)
What an embarrassing fucking thread.

Hold that L. You were told it was a bug and that it was going to be patched.
ShadowkillXNA
(11-10-2017, 07:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Yearsoflurking

Thread title is wrong, that's a fact

Its amazing that this is your response to a post calling out disengous posters.
My post had nothing to do with the thread title. Talk about the point going over your head.
Space_nut
(11-10-2017, 08:09 PM)

lol Whatever floats your boat bud
Gearskin
(11-10-2017, 08:17 PM)
welp the update is up, so maybe the PS fanboy can chill a lil on youtube lol
Bustanen
(11-10-2017, 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Gearskin

welp the update is up, so maybe the PS fanboy can chill a lil on youtube lol

DF are PS fanboys now?

Journey
(11-10-2017, 08:52 PM)

DF are PS fanboys now?

I don't think that's what he's saying, is that what you understood? lol
Liliana Eileen
(11-11-2017, 01:25 AM)

As already been said before, why would I care what a known fanboy says about me? Like, your opinion hold less value than the dirt I walk on, and definitely less than any other credible poster. Toxic, really? Rabid fanboyism? You really need to stop projecting as hard as you are here. Show me some examples of me being this way or stop shitposting and lumping people together into a category just because they don't champion the piece of plastic you prefer.
HeisenbergFX4
(11-11-2017, 01:47 AM)
I guess when I posted this with the ? on the end it wasnt a dead give away something wasnt right.

I even pulled some of the quotes out for people showing DF thought it was some type of bug even having them contact Respawn.

I am the furthest thing from a fanboy for either side as I own and love not only my Pro but also purchased 2 Xbox One Xs but sure is funny some of the posts.
Xaero Gravity
(11-11-2017, 02:02 AM)

Originally Posted by HeisenbergFX4

I guess when I posted this with the ? on the end it wasnt a dead give away something wasnt right.

I even pulled some of the quotes out for people showing DF thought it was some type of bug even having them contact Respawn.

I am the furthest thing from a fanboy for either side as I own and love not only my Pro but also purchased 2 Xbox One Xs but sure is funny some of the posts.

Don't let it get to you, man. People are just overly defensive on both sides. New console releases bring out the worst in Fanboys.
Heath V
(11-11-2017, 02:07 AM)
I own this for both the Pro and the One X and even with the patch dare I say it looks a tad sharper on the Pro?? Not 100% sure, what I do know is I'm having a great time replaying the single player campaign.
ShadowkillXNA
(11-11-2017, 06:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Space_nut

lol Whatever floats your boat bud

As already been said before, why would I care what a known fanboy says about me? Like, your opinion hold less value than the dirt I walk on, and definitely less than any other credible poster. Toxic, really? Rabid fanboyism? You really need to stop projecting as hard as you are here. Show me some examples of me being this way or stop shitposting and lumping people together into a category just because they don't champion the piece of plastic you prefer.

You replied, so you obviously care.
As for me my opinions have always been mine and mine alone, never tried to force them on anyone else here.
But you two and a few other xbox fans here have your tongues so far up Microsofts and Phil Spencers assholes that any criticism or observation of the xbox one x no matter how legitimate is like a call to a holy war to you guys. And then you turn around and complain about fanboyism while contributing absolutely nothing meaningful to the discussion yourselves.
ShadowkillXNA
(11-11-2017, 06:25 AM)

Congratulations you just summed up your and space nuts hypocritical behaviour with the bolded perfectly.
onQ123
(11-11-2017, 07:17 AM)
I knew this thread would turn out this way. SMH
Xaero Gravity
(11-11-2017, 08:01 AM)

I knew this thread would turn out this way. SMH

NeoGAF.gif
footlocksean
(11-11-2017, 08:23 AM)

VCALMLIKEABOMBV
(11-11-2017, 09:00 AM)

Originally Posted by footlocksean

That is pretty damn stunning!
Spukc
(11-11-2017, 09:49 AM)

N0 this thread on gaf is amazing.

BEAST
E
A
S
T
Spasm
(11-11-2017, 08:49 PM)
Still something not quite right even after the XBX patch.

Warning, HUGE uncompressed images linked.

PS4 Pro

Xbox One X, ver.2.0.9.1

Edit: Image-dump.

While there's definitely a higher pixel count for XBX, the texture filtering appears less accurate compared to Pro.
The next shots are cropped, NOT blown up, at actual pixel size... where you can see the wall and floor textures. Notice the brick texture by Lastimosa's elbow.

PS4 Pro

Xbox One X
footlocksean
(11-12-2017, 06:48 AM)

Originally Posted by VCALMLIKEABOMBV

That is pretty damn stunning!

And my shots are 1080p! X1x downsample is amazing
rokkerkory
(11-12-2017, 06:56 AM)

Holy cow need this game soon