• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

TVexperto
(11-10-2017, 01:07 AM)
From a guy on reddit who was right about a lot of stuff and has inside information from the development.

Sorry to say but there is no anti-cheat system developed for PC guys (even though battlefield one got damage bullet booster and other things on)

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...ampaign_first/
wipeout364
(11-10-2017, 01:11 AM)
It;s probably not needed. I don't find that there are many cheaters on PC compared to consoles. PC gamers have a code of honor unlike console peons.
Certinty
(11-10-2017, 01:14 AM)
Private matches too has been taken out I think.
PaulBizkit
(11-10-2017, 02:03 AM)
No map selection?? What, it's all random now??

Originally Posted by wipeout364

It;s probably not needed. I don't find that there are many cheaters on PC compared to consoles. PC gamers have a code of honor unlike console peons.

Pfffff i need a source on that, buddy!
TitusTroy
(11-10-2017, 02:15 AM)
there has to be map selection...
MaximusPrimus
(11-10-2017, 02:20 AM)
meh....

It's a video game. I love Star Wars and i'm still gonna have tons of fun with this. While everyone wastes their time bitching and whining, i'm sitting in front of my 55" HDR TV playing on a 1080ti with a smile ear to ear.

Just have some fun peeps. Nothing is ever perfect. NOTHING.
ancelotti
(11-10-2017, 02:20 AM)
I felt so burned by preordering the last generation of EA games that I'm in permanent wait and see mode with them now. The matchmaking seemed like such a step backwards in the last game so it doesn't surprise me to see them doubling down on a bad idea. Whoever is in charge of their anti-consumer department deserves a healthy bonus. That said, the game looks and sounds amazing (as did the last game)..
Catphish
(11-10-2017, 02:22 AM)

If I were to disagree with this statement any harder, I would spontaneously combust.
Ichabod
(11-10-2017, 02:23 AM)

This is absolutely true. Its well known PC gamers follow a code of honor much like the samurai of feudal Japan. Good move on Dice's part. Use those reources elswhere EA-sama.
drexplora
(11-10-2017, 02:23 AM)
wouldn't be surprised -____-

Every new big DICE release makes it harder and harder to finely tune and select the servers and maps you want to play on..

Battlefield One took it one step further with that sorry excuse of a server browser and shitty matchmaking.... Great combo right there!

With DICE's Star Wars Battlefront 1, they must have thought the type of gamer that they were trying to market the game to would be too stupid to make use of a server browser and removed it altogether...

wouldn't be surprised if they continued in the direction they've been on for a while now, and remove map select :/

DICE can do whatever they wan't and it wont bother me one bit going forward :)
Gtagentleman
(11-10-2017, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by MaximusPrimus

meh....

It's a video game. I love Star Wars and i'm still gonna have tons of fun with this. While everyone wastes their time bitching and whining, i'm sitting in front of my 55" HDR TV playing on a 1080ti with a smile ear to ear.

Just have some fun peeps. Nothing is ever perfect. NOTHING.

Say hi to the cheaters for me!
icecold1983
(11-10-2017, 02:31 AM)

these days you never even know if posts like these are sarcastic or not
LordRaptor
(11-10-2017, 02:33 AM)
If EA don't even provide a third party solution anticheat like PunkBuster, they're basically poisoning the well on PC sales even more than locking it up on "no1curr" origin does in the first place.

Hope Disney are happy with how EA are handling that Star Wars licence.
What is it, 2 games in a decade? Good work with a super popular licence with broad appeal EA.
newtypepilot
(11-10-2017, 02:34 AM)
you can get anti-cheat from buying loot boxes!!

Totally not pay 2 win, guys!!
BizzyBum
(11-10-2017, 02:40 AM)
The hell? Doesn't this mean cheating is going to be rampant on the PC version then?
JareBear
(11-10-2017, 02:44 AM)
A couple of the comments in here make my head work

Less cheaters on PC than console?
mercenar1e
(11-10-2017, 03:18 AM)

Originally Posted by BizzyBum

The hell? Doesn't this mean cheating is going to be rampant on the PC version then?

a move like this welcomes cheaters. i imagine if it gets really bad the multiplayer community will play other games and never come back.
Novoitus
(11-10-2017, 03:20 AM)
there's no skirmish mode either

fucccccck this game
Stiler
(11-10-2017, 03:24 AM)
Seems they learned absolutely nothing from the past game then.

PC player count tanked super quickly, and supporting rampant cheating with no protection? That's just going to make sure this one drops off even faster.
ValkyrUser
(11-10-2017, 03:31 AM)
Sigh... guess I’ll grab it when it’s $5 then.
deadscreensky
(11-10-2017, 04:08 AM)

Originally Posted by JareBear

A couple of the comments in here make my head work

Less cheaters on PC than console?

Adjust your sarcasm detector, that should fix things real quick.

Not sure how believable this rumor is. They speak with a fair bit of authority about future guarantees (ex: merging both Battlefront games, no server browser ever), it's a little hard to swallow even if they might be correct about the launch state of the game.
GodOfVG103
(11-10-2017, 04:12 AM)
People forgot that this is a Star Wars game we are talking about...EA knows they will make a cramp ton of money either way.
zenspider
(11-10-2017, 04:15 AM)

Originally Posted by TitusTroy

there has to be map selection...

Overwatch and Splatoon work great without it.
Woltaire
(11-10-2017, 04:17 AM)
Wow. I remember running into a fair share of hackers for the first Battlefront on PC. I figured they would at least have implemented something to combat it.
icecold1983
(11-10-2017, 04:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Woltaire

Wow. I remember running into a fair share of hackers for the first Battlefront on PC. I figured they would at least have implemented something to combat it.

dice games dont have working anti cheat. whens the last one that did?
Dirk Benedict
(11-10-2017, 05:00 AM)
Game appears hollow, if the info and complaints are any indication.
vocab
(11-10-2017, 05:07 AM)
Remember when CoD2 launched without punkbuster? Yeah that was great.
Memorabilia
(11-10-2017, 05:49 PM)

Lol WTF? Please tell me this is satire.
SmoothRunningGun
(11-11-2017, 01:13 AM)

Agree PC is full of honorable people who would never cheat or steal games or anything like that.
pretty done
(11-11-2017, 01:17 AM)
Launching without anti-cheat, so it's a Valve shooter?
Earthbound64
(11-11-2017, 01:31 AM)

PC gamers have a code of honor unlike console peons.

Cute.
Mr Moose
(11-11-2017, 01:33 AM)

lol
J-Rzez
(11-11-2017, 02:33 AM)
Lol no anti-cheat, in an arcadish shooter? A popular franchise shooter at that? There will be aimbots galore. DICE and EA is seriously screwing this up. P2W and aimbots. GFG EA.

Sale lost.
TitusTroy
(11-11-2017, 02:34 AM)
doesn't Origin have its own built-in anti-cheat system like Steam's VAC?
mercenar1e
(11-11-2017, 12:33 PM)
i decided to join origin access to see if the rumors are true and i just finished a game where one single player constantly took out my entire team.. when the match finished he was in every bonus category for kill streaks, etc.
Hoya Destroyer
(11-11-2017, 12:45 PM)
I really want to buy a new shooter, but it seems I only hear bad things about this game and the new CoD.
Panajev2001a
GAF's Pleasant Genius
(11-11-2017, 01:52 PM)

Lol, sarcasm hopefully detected ;).
The Freeman
(11-11-2017, 02:18 PM)

Oh, you

*ruffles hair*
Lancelot
(11-11-2017, 02:39 PM)

Originally Posted by mercenar1e

i decided to join origin access to see if the rumors are true and i just finished a game where one single player constantly took out my entire team.. when the match finished he was in every bonus category for kill streaks, etc.

This happened on beta as well. And also in BF2015.
LordRaptor
(11-11-2017, 02:44 PM)

Originally Posted by pretty done

Launching without anti-cheat, so it's a Valve shooter?

wat

Steam was an anticheat service before it was a storefront

Originally Posted by TitusTroy

doesn't Origin have its own built-in anti-cheat system like Steam's VAC?

no, they use PunkBuster.
They like taking all the revenue owning their own storefront allows.
They don't like spending any money making that storefront anything more than a basic ass barebones storefront.
Fbh
(11-11-2017, 02:55 PM)
See this is dumb even if EA doesn't care about their consumers. If you use free cheats to gain in game advantages you are going to be less likely to invest in P2W microtransactions
iHaunter
(11-11-2017, 03:15 PM)
From awesome game to gutted garbage.

EA is an embarrassment to this industry.
Ubername
(11-11-2017, 05:15 PM)
Can't wait for this one personally. The loot system looks unobtrusive and user friendly so I expect I'll not have a problem with it. Probably double dipping with my son on Pc/XB1.
Sändersson
(11-11-2017, 05:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Ubername

Can't wait for this one personally. The loot system looks unobtrusive and user friendly so I expect I'll not have a problem with it. Probably double dipping with my son on Pc/XB1.

.... wat..?
CadetMahoney
(11-11-2017, 07:11 PM)
I was hyped but now I'm going in at caution-level just above no. Just gonna watch from the sidelines and see the GAF verdict once the dust settles.
Woo-Fu
incest on the subway
(11-12-2017, 07:13 PM)
Anti-cheat would discourage the botters who will keep the game's concurrent player numbers up after the first week. Bots should be pretty popular considering how much play time it takes to unlock things.
Halabane
(11-12-2017, 09:22 PM)

Originally Posted by GodOfVG103

People forgot that this is a Star Wars game we are talking about...EA knows they will make a cramp ton of money either way.

And that's what is going to screw this up short term. Fact they are not spending the time or money on the cheat system means they don't see a reason to bother. With no DLC promised or maps for that matter they can end it whenever they want.

Long term when people are getting whacked so hard that they can't play the game because of the cheaters or whales (still salty on the loot boxes) it will die. By then EA will have made a boat of money, some kids will be disappointed and some cheater/whales will get the feeling they wish they had if they had a bigger dxick.

Really hate the way games are going. I really don't see how its going to stop any time soon. And yeah I really am disappointed I won't be playing star wars.
wipeout364
(11-13-2017, 05:57 AM)
Maybe you guys are looking at this all wrong. Maybe the lack of anti cheat is to give you bunch of tight wads a fighting chance against the whales with their ultra epic star cards and Uber legendary blasters.
Boompoe
(11-13-2017, 06:24 AM)

...what?
undu
(11-13-2017, 10:12 AM)
I can see EA's reasoning for not adding anti-cheat system "Buying crates is cheaper that buying aimbots, silly!"