• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

cormack12
(11-06-2017, 12:53 PM)
The Pre-Order Thread
Xbox One X Enhanced titles
DF article testing 360 games on XBox One (NOT X)
DF Review Xbox One X

Take it away folks. As no one wanted to do the |OT|
Maedre
(11-06-2017, 12:57 PM)
I want 360 BC benchmarks
BigTnaples
Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
(11-06-2017, 12:58 PM)
My Scorpio Edition just shipped. Pretty pumped for it.

Hope it allows Halo 6 to actually look decent graphically.
Memnoch
(11-06-2017, 01:07 PM)
Waiting for my ebgames preorder to ship. My card has been charged this morning so anytime now!
llien
(11-06-2017, 01:11 PM)
So, essentially, this is Xbox One Pro, right? (fully backward compatible, beefier hardware, mostly GPU)

I hope Microsoft rebounds from XBone vs PS4 fiasco, don't want to see PS2/early PS3 era Sony any more.
In Service
(11-06-2017, 01:11 PM)
Waiting for Amazon to tell me when they are "going to give it to me".
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 01:13 PM)
It's been a wild ride! Picking up my Scorpio tomorrow!
solis74
(11-06-2017, 01:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Nikana

It's been a wild ride! Picking up my Scorpio tomorrow!

still waiting for my order to say dispatched... sitting here sweating :)
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 01:19 PM)

Originally Posted by solis74

still waiting for my order to say dispatched... sitting here sweating :)

If they don't....

Space_nut
(11-06-2017, 01:29 PM)
It's here!!

Xbox One X is a BEAST
Kimawolf
(11-06-2017, 01:39 PM)
Ugh i am SO TEMPTED. I have been seeing impressions that the X gives you a feeling similar to the OG Xbox when you hook it up. Any impressions from here?
Spukc
(11-06-2017, 01:41 PM)
BEAST
E
A
S
T
shpankey
not an idiot
(11-06-2017, 01:47 PM)
X games, X men, Sonic X all give big thumbs ups
Banderdash
(11-06-2017, 01:50 PM)
Needs Australian price... $649.
luulubuu
(11-06-2017, 01:54 PM)
Reharsing my joke for such puny OT

Sad
Necro900
(11-06-2017, 01:56 PM)
If they commit to patching more 360 BC games I might as well consider the purchase. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon in 4k? Yes, please.
MaximusPayne
(11-06-2017, 02:03 PM)
OT, straight to the point. I am ready! Everything is waiting on my external hard drive!
Makaveli.
(11-06-2017, 02:08 PM)
Some of my friends got their consoles today.
petrus91
(11-06-2017, 02:09 PM)
Waiting for tomorrow, got my day off! Can't wait! :D
batman2million
Newegg shipped mine on Thursday or Friday, can't remember. FedEx says the system is in Houston (where I live) but I'm not going to get till Wednesday b/c logic.

I hope they move the date up but from what I remember I don't think they usually do.
Pasha

Originally Posted by Maedre

I want 360 BC benchmarks

Yes please. This is what I want to see the most.
Give us Mass Effect benchmarks Digital Foundry!
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:11 PM)
Is there any way to download the patches before hand to an external drive? It's really rough that you get this new system then have to go and download all these huge patches before you can even try anything in 4k. By that standard and my internet speed I won't be able to play anything until Thursday! LOL.
Lucifon
(11-06-2017, 02:13 PM)
I'm hearing The Evil Within 2 X update just went live - can anyone confirm? File size? Changes?
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 02:14 PM)

Originally Posted by ABrokenToy

Is there any way to download the patches before hand to an external drive? It's really rough that you get this new system then have to go and download all these huge patches before you can even try anything in 4k. By that standard and my internet speed I won't be able to play anything until Thursday! LOL.

Go to storage settings there's a toggle to download 4k content.
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:14 PM)
Even on the XBOX One S? And then what, transfer the game from the S to an external?
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:16 PM)

Even on the XBOX One S? And then what, transfer the game from the S to an external?
Blam
(11-06-2017, 02:17 PM)

Originally Posted by luulubuu

Reharsing my joke for such puny OT

Sad

No way you only got a temp? I am actually surprised you didn't get a perma.

Still excited to see what Halo Reach has improvements wise.
Spottiettiedop
(11-06-2017, 02:18 PM)
I wonder if the original Xbox One HDMI cable is the same as the One X HDMI cable. I got the original cable running through the wall.
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Spottiettiedop

I wonder if the original Xbox One HDMI cable is the same as the One X HDMI cable. I got the original cable running through the wall.

Doubtful. You'll need an HDMI 2.0 cable. The one that came with the OG Box was probably 1.4.
Spottiettiedop
(11-06-2017, 02:22 PM)

Doubtful. You'll need an HDMI 2.0 cable. The one that came with the OG Box was probably 1.4.

Thanks
Nikana

Yes and yes
Tobiasboon
I was under the impression from the DF video I watched recently that the non-patched games "only" got around 4TF for the XBOX equivalent of boost mode, not the full 6...?

PS. Mine will be here by the end of the week. :-P
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:23 PM)

Yes and yes

Thanks so much!
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 02:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Spottiettiedop

Thanks

You can use the one that shipped with the Xbox one s. It's rated for 4k.

Edit: corrected my screw up.
Darklor01
Might need to stop sniffing glue
(11-06-2017, 02:24 PM)

I don't know how long it's going to take you, but it took me 1 3/4 days straight running for the console to be down transferring content, updating content, and finally, I got done with the old stuff and was able to install new games I'd bought recently like CoD WW2 n such, then get that to update.
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:28 PM)

You can use the one that shipped with the original Xbox one. It's rated for 4k.

Hmmm. I know HDMI 1.4 will work with 4k but only at 24fps I believe and only 8-bit color. I believe you need a 2.0 cable for 4k 60fps and HDR.
MaximusPayne
(11-06-2017, 02:30 PM)

You can use the one that shipped with the original Xbox one. It's rated for 4k.

You sure. I know you can use the one shipped with the One S. Is that what you are talking about?
solis74
(11-06-2017, 02:33 PM)

If they don't....

Ha thanks.
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

You sure. I know you can use the one shipped with the One S. Is that what you are talking about?

Yea my bad the one S. Not the OG.
ABrokenToy
(11-06-2017, 02:57 PM)

One more question, sorry. When you download the content does it automatically install it into the game even on the S? Or do I have to initiate the install or transfer separately?
luulubuu
(11-06-2017, 02:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Blam

No way you only got a temp? I am actually surprised you didn't get a perma.

Still excited to see what Halo Reach has improvements wise.

Can't ban a ghost.
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 03:10 PM)

One more question, sorry. When you download the content does it automatically install it into the game even on the S? Or do I have to initiate the install or transfer separately?

It's installed automatically.

The S won't take any advantage though.
HeisenbergFX4
(11-06-2017, 03:12 PM)
My quick review of having it only a few hours.

Best place to play as their slogan goes? Not really my PC does better, wish they would drop that slogan.

Night and day difference between the X and my PS4 Pro? Not to my 50+ year old eyes on my 4k displays they are very close in picture quality and I am happy with that.

Night and day difference between the X and my Xbox One S? Yeah, there is a big difference here and thats why I purchased it.

Happy with it? Yeah to beat the dead horse its a year late and slightly overpriced but yeah I am glad I bought it.
Black Republican
water to wine
the drink exchanger
(11-06-2017, 03:14 PM)
The Canadian price, sheesh,

will still buy when i sell the XB1S later this year though
MaximusPayne
(11-06-2017, 03:28 PM)

Originally Posted by HeisenbergFX4

My quick review of having it only a few hours.

Best place to play as their slogan goes? Not really my PC does better, wish they would drop that slogan.

Night and day difference between the X and my PS4 Pro? Not to my 50+ year old eyes on my 4k displays they are very close in picture quality and I am happy with that.

Night and day difference between the X and my Xbox One S? Yeah, there is a big difference here and thats why I purchased it.

Happy with it? Yeah to beat the dead horse its a year late and slightly overpriced but yeah I am glad I bought it.

Your PC is better. Pretty much acceptable. So there is really not that much difference between the 40% in the Pro and X. Really? Ok.

How is the 4k player and the fan noise. Good?
CRAIG667
(11-06-2017, 03:30 PM)
So sad, my Scorpio edition has been delayed by a day as my pre-order had my old now defunct Visa tied to it.
HeisenbergFX4
(11-06-2017, 03:38 PM)

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

Your PC is better. Pretty much acceptable. So there is really not that much difference between the 40% in the Pro and X. Really? Ok.

How is the 4k player and the fan noise. Good?

Fan noise the X is very quiet other then installing games via the disk its hard to tell its on. I dont know how demanding Forza 7 is on it but the console makes literally no noise when I was playing that.

There may be a 40% power difference between the X and Pro but again in my short time of trying CoD WW2 and Assassins Creed Origins there are tiny differences in picture quality to me.

I was running the game at exactly the same time on both the X and the Pro side by side on the same Samsung 4k PC Monitor LU28E590DS/ZA and I had was hard pressed to find noticable differences.

My wife who isnt a hard core gamer (she plays games like roller coaster tycoon from time to time) kept saying she couldnt see any differences.

In fact it was much as I had figured you seriously have to pause the game and point to certain areas to see a difference in these 2 games at least.

I dont know how the Pro runs CoD and Assassins Creed as far as upscaling vs native 4k but on these monitors the differences are small.

Not running those games on the Xbox one S the difference is night and day.
Nikana
(11-06-2017, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by HeisenbergFX4

Fan noise the X is very quiet other then installing games via the disk its hard to tell its on. I dont know how demanding Forza 7 is on it but the console makes literally no noise when I was playing that.

There may be a 40% power difference between the X and Pro but again in my short time of trying CoD WW2 and Assassins Creed Origins there are tiny differences in picture quality to me.

I was running the game at exactly the same time on both the X and the Pro side by side on the same Samsung 4k PC Monitor LU28E590DS/ZA and I had was hard pressed to find noticable differences.

My wife who isnt a hard core gamer (she plays games like roller coaster tycoon from time to time) kept saying she couldnt see any differences.

In fact it was much as I had figured you seriously have to pause the game and point to certain areas to see a difference in these 2 games at least.

I dont know how the Pro runs CoD and Assassins Creed as far as upscaling vs native 4k but on these monitors the differences are small.

Not running those games on the Xbox one S the difference is night and day.

Don't think WW2 X patch is even out? Could be wrong.
RootCause
(11-06-2017, 03:43 PM)

Originally Posted by CRAIG667

So sad, my Scorpio edition has been delayed by a day as my pre-order had my old now defunct Visa tied to it.

No Scorpio for you!
But seriously, a day goes by very quickly. You'll have it soon. :)