• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:32 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

I wonder if Cars and explosives make it easier to kill people than, say, a gun.

Not only is your statement nonsense, easier to kill on paper but historically the mass Knife murders and Gun murders are around the same numbers on average a lot of the time, with of course exceptions.

You will never understand why the "radical" gun control ideas will never pass if you don't look at the situation logically. If the states with the most lax gun laws have among the leaset of the heavy gun violence than you need to consider other factors for why these shootings are happening other than guns.

And this of course leads to some other arguments, illegal immigrants, drunks, refugees, lack of a mental health system, lack of education, lack of police force in areas, etc. etc.

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/how-...her-countries/
I'm not even talking about mass killings here. America has a much higher homicide rate than any other developed nation, and a large portion of those are gun-related.

I'm not in favor of radical gun control (whatever that means). I'm fucking shocked at how easy it was for me to buy my gun. It's harder to legally drive a car than to own a damn gun in this country. Changes can be made that aren't "no more guns."

Whether or not there are other factors at play that explain those statistics, the easy access of guns in certainly a key factor.
Breads
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:34 PM)
Breads's Avatar

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Are you sad? Are you crying right now?

Where is your argument?

Not sure what the confusion is.

Reread the post. It's pretty clear.
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:35 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ombra

This we can agree on.


A lot of stupid "don't touch mah gunz" types shitting up the thread already with their asinine deflection and false equivalences.

Yeah I have my own views on things but it just feels, right as this news breaks, it just isnít the time for the arguing and shit.

Just sucks to know all the pain and hurt all these peopleís families will have for the rest of their lives.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:35 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Are you sad? Are you crying right now?

Where is your argument?

His argument is that your stance is lazy and holds no merit because it's fallacious.

But he stooped to your level to deliver that message.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:37 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

His argument is that your stance is lazy and holds no merit because it's fallacious.

But he stooped to your level to deliver that message.


I'm lazy, but where is your 5000 word essay on the subject?

Just asking for "gun control" isn't lazy? Get a grip. Read my other posts itt.
RefigeKru
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:37 PM)
RefigeKru's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

Yeah I have my own views on things but it just feels, right as this news breaks, it just isnít the time for the arguing and shit.

Just sucks to know all the pain and hurt all these peopleís families will have for the rest of their lives.

hahahaha
Gatling Groink
Banned
(11-05-2017, 10:39 PM)
That's horrible. RIP.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!

It will make shit more difficult. And gun control in general will have an effect on crime period. Not even an argument.
Days like these...
Poonani should have a ph balance of 0
(11-05-2017, 10:40 PM)

Originally Posted by golfham

The war on Christianity continues

Not sure of serious...
Kimawolf
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:41 PM)

Originally Posted by golfham

The war on Christianity continues

You aren't serious. No way you are.
Breads
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:41 PM)
Breads's Avatar

Originally Posted by RefigeKru

hahahaha

The only time to talk about gun control is when gun-related tragedies aren't happening.

(never)
Dierce
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:41 PM)
Dierce's Avatar

Originally Posted by Days like these...

Not sure of serious...

Welcome to the new neogaf...
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:43 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Breads

The only time to talk about gun control is when gun-related tragedies aren't happening.

(never)

Can't talk about gun control out of respect to the victims if there's always a reason to silence discussion out of respect to the victims.

The most respectful thing we could do is prevent future killings.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:44 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Days like these...

Not sure of serious...

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

You aren't serious. No way you are.

Originally Posted by Dierce

Welcome to the new neogaf...


Can't the guy think like that? The dog-pilling continues....
IISANDERII
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:44 PM)
IISANDERII's Avatar

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Nobody asked for "car control" after the attack in New York...

The issue is much more complex than the object used to kill people.

Car control? There is already ďcar controlĒ, itís called licensing, registration and insurance. Thatís why nobody asked for it.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:45 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Can't the guy think like that? The dog-pilling continues....

People are allowed to ask for clarification of controversial or poorly presented opinions, fam.

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

And the place to see everyone slinging shit back and forth is a video game forum? By all means letís make some change but no one is getting anywhere here.

Call your senators and congress representatives, become involved in anyway you can, or just sit here arguing with other people online where neither side is gonna convince the other and just ends in pointless arguments and bans.

We can do both. You're free to bow out if you're not interested though.
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:45 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Breads

The only time to talk about gun control is when gun-related tragedies aren't happening.

(never)

And the place to see everyone slinging shit back and forth is a video game forum? By all means letís make some change but no one is getting anywhere here.

Call your senators and congress representatives, become involved in anyway you can, or just sit here arguing with other people online where neither side is gonna convince the other and just ends in pointless arguments and bans.
jetjevons
Bish loves my games!
(11-05-2017, 10:45 PM)
jetjevons's Avatar

Originally Posted by Testicular Sound Express

Yeah banning guns won't do anything. Didn't do anything in Japan, you know the country where its nearly illegal to even own a gun and has almost no gun violence? Where even people in the mob are afraid of the countries gun laws.

Or Australia. Or look at all those mass shootings in Britain (yes there are some, but NOTHING comparable to America, even on a population scale).

Regulating gun ownership IS a solution, but Americans love their guns too much.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:45 PM)

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Can't the guy think like that? The dog-pilling continues....

He can think what he wants and I can say he isn't serious. Having an opinion does not insulate you from criticism.
Bleepey
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:46 PM)
Bleepey's Avatar
At times like this it's necessary to blame the true cause of this gun violence.



He made Kingsman, what else is there to blame?

Who wants to bet the NRA will blame Kingsman? No I am not being snarky even
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:46 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

Can't talk about gun control out of respect to the victims if there's always a reason to silence discussion out of respect to the victims.

The most respectful thing we could do is prevent future killings.

Iím not trying to silence anything. If you truly believe the best way to impact change is arguing on a video game forum then please donít be shocked when thereís no change.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:47 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

Iím not trying to silence anything. If you truly believe the best way to impact change is arguing on a video game forum then please donít be shocked when thereís no change.

No one said this. No one said anything like this.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:47 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

People are allowed to ask for clarification of controversial or poorly presented opinions, fam.

Sure!! That's not what they did, tho.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

Iím not trying to silence anything. If you truly believe the best way to impact change is arguing on a video game forum then please donít be shocked when thereís no change.

Of course it isnt the only way. But you realize that this is a debate in the off topic section. And talking and debating is never a bad idea.
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:48 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

Iím not trying to silence anything. If you truly believe the best way to impact change is arguing on a video game forum then please donít be shocked when thereís no change.

Thats silly. It's just a discussion. No one thinks they're changing the world by posting here.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:49 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/how-...her-countries/
I'm not even talking about mass killings here. America has a much higher homicide rate than any other developed nation.


this isn't true.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-05-2017, 10:50 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
Terrible :(
SparkleMotion
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:50 PM)
SparkleMotion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bleepey

At times like this it's necessary to blame the true cause of this gun violence.



He made Kingsman, what else is there to blame?

Who wants to bet the NRA will blame Kingsman? No I am not being snarky even

I'll admit that I don't understand this post.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:50 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

this isn't true.

I'd love to see some sources on that.
RefigeKru
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:51 PM)
RefigeKru's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

this isn't true.

Give us the true true
golfham
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:51 PM)
golfham's Avatar

Originally Posted by Days like these...

Not sure of serious...

Open your eyes then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persec..._to_present.29
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:51 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

Of course it isnt the only way. But you realize that this is a debate in the off topic section. And talking and debating is never a bad idea.

I agree that talking is never bad and debating also, but it always winds up as shit slinging from both sides. Iím totally on board with closing gun show loopholes and with doing strict background checks and possibly even having to do some kind of mental health test in order to own a gun.

Iím not arguing for any side here but it just seems disrespectful on both sides to be using peopleís deaths as some kind of leverage.

We need to impact change the right way and the worst way to do it is to argue with people. We need facts and statistics to do the talking and take that to the highest level we can
SparkleMotion
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:53 PM)
SparkleMotion's Avatar

Originally Posted by RefigeKru

Give us the true true

Ever heard of Honduras?
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:53 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

I'd love to see some sources on that.

Originally Posted by RefigeKru

Give us the true true

Burden of proof is on the claimer. I am waiting for him to prove his chart so i can immediately post mine.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:53 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

I agree that talking is never bad and debating also, but it always winds up as shit slinging from both sides. Iím totally on board with closing gun show loopholes and with doing strict background checks and possibly even having to do some kind of mental health test in order to own a gun.

Iím not arguing for any side here but it just seems disrespectful on both sides to be using peopleís deaths as some kind of leverage.

We need to impact change the right way and the worst way to do it is to argue with people. We need facts and statistics to do the talking and take that to the highest level we can

But when you post facts and statistics people always dismiss them as not true without a proper rebuttal.

No one is exploiting these victims to push an agenda. It's only been framed as such as a way to stifle any discussion around how ridiculously easy it is to buy firearms in this country.
Mesousa
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:53 PM)
Mesousa's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparkleMotion

Ever heard of Honduras?

Is Honduras considered developed now?
SparkleMotion
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:54 PM)
SparkleMotion's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mesousa

Is Honduras considered developed now?

It's more developed than your argument.
The Greek Freak
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by SoundofSilence

That's a great response.

Considering there will be no societal response outside of empty messages I can't blame anyone for feeling that way. There's nothing to do beyond acknowledging that it sucks and our society doesn't care to change it.

It's definitely on my long list of why we are leaving the country and probably never coming back.
golfham
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:54 PM)
golfham's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparkleMotion

Ever heard of Honduras?

Honduras is not a developed country.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:54 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

Burden of proof is on the claimer. I am waiting for him to prove his chart so i can immediately post mine.

So you're saying the American Journal of Medicine isn't a reliable source? As opposed to your ass?
Mesousa
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:56 PM)
Mesousa's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparkleMotion

It's more developed than your argument.

I don't think I have made an argument in this thread yet.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:56 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

So you're saying the American Journal of Medicine isn't a reliable source? As opposed to your ass?

You mean that 2015 studied published last year? Do you have something more recent> because I Do.

not to mention you have yet to link a source for the person making the claim. But I did the honor of looking you your unlinked source anyway.
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:57 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

But when you post facts and statistics people always dismiss them as not true without a proper rebuttal.

No one is exploiting these victims to push an agenda. It's only been framed as such as a way to stifle any discussion around how ridiculously easy it is to buy firearms in this country.

I wholeheartedly agree that itís way to easy to buy guns on this country. And I donít mean just on one side. I also mean the people talking about ď car controlĒ or ďknife controlĒ when these other killings take place.

Iím really not articulating what I want to say very well. All I mean at the end of the day is that I hate seeing people lives ruined and we canít go more than 5 minutes without people attacking each other. And Iím not talking about you or anyone in particular. I want to see change but I also want to see compassion and I apologize if I havenít articulated that very well. Iím not trying to argue with anyone here
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:59 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

You mean that 2015 studied published last year? Do you have something more recent> because I Do.

not to mention you have yet to link a source for the person making the claim. But I did the honor of looking you your unlinked source anyway.

Since you couldn't be arsed to click the link I provided that had links to their sources, here ya go!
http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-...030-X/fulltext
They even reveal their methodology!

Let's see yours, now.
Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

You mean that 2015 studied published last year? Do you have something more recent> because I Do.

not to mention you have yet to link a source for the person making the claim. But I did the honor of looking you your unlinked source anyway.

You should post it then quite with the theatrics, get out of troll mode with the false security that you can come with your gamefaqs lite brand of discussion. Show yout proof.


Originally Posted by Vkandrew

I wholeheartedly agree that itís way to easy to buy guns on this country. And I donít mean just on one side. I also mean the people talking about ď car controlĒ or ďknife controlĒ when these other killings take place.

Iím really not articulating what I want to say very well. All I mean at the end of the day is that I hate seeing people lives ruined and we canít go more than 5 minutes without people attacking each other. And Iím not talking about you or anyone in particular. I want to see change but I also want to see compassion and I apologize if I havenít articulated that very well. Iím not trying to argue with anyone here

You're a sensible human being, you are feeling this tragedy to your core, a lot of the people arguing are either so desensitized to this sort of thing that all they can do is rage at why this is still so easy to make happen and those who are merely sociopathic trolls who want to stir shit for its own sake. I do hope the mods get on their game I feel like yiu have a perspective I would like to hear out.
Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 11:02 PM)
Double post :(
CampbellzSoup
Member
(11-05-2017, 11:03 PM)
CampbellzSoup's Avatar

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Can't the guy think like that? The dog-pilling continues....

Yeah but itís not the extreme leftist opinion anymore thatís the gospel here, and seemingly other opinions frighten people...

I donít think gun control would have help the bad guys aquire firearms. I will have one for a defense for my family legally.
Bleepey
Member
(11-05-2017, 11:04 PM)
Bleepey's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparkleMotion

I'll admit that I don't understand this post.

If you want to watch a kickass action movie. Watch Kingsman 1. I'd recommend watching it going blind. But if you want context for my post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WWDBTda2Y

Spoilers for Kingsman.
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 11:07 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ombra

You should post it then quite with the theatrics, get out of troll mode with the false security that you can come with your gamefaqs lite brand of discussion. Show yout proof.



You're a sensible human being, you are feeling this tragedy to your core, a lot of the people arguing are either so desensitized to this sort of thing that all they can do is rage at why this is still so easy to make happen and those who are merely sociopathic trolls who want to stir shit for its own sake. I do hope the mods get on their game I feel like yiu have a perspective I would like to hear out.

I do appreciate that I can at least get my point across somewhat. I know I donít always do so but the last thing I want is people to think Iím trolling or trying to ďsilenceĒ conversation and using this tragedy to do that.

Next week will be 8 years since my wifeís 17 year old brother died in an accident and I know first hand that the hurt stays with you forever and I just truly hate knowing all the families have to go through this and we as the outsiders tend to not even grieve for them and both sides just immediately want to start hating on each other.
FCKAFD
Junior Member
(11-05-2017, 11:08 PM)
FCKAFD's Avatar
Please stop generalizing and dont jump to conclusions yet. We dont know ye if it were jihadis or white supremacist / Trump supporters or other crazy people

My prayers go out to all muslims right now who are being stigmatized and insulted by stupid racists . Guess what you stupid islamophobes: This has nothing to do with islam. 99,999% of the muslims are peaceful and lovely people.

Thread Tools