• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

AlexFlame116
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:18 AM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar
Got 15 in Amazon Credit.

Hmm....24 loot boxes or Cuphead?

EDIT: Gah I'm the first post!
Atuin
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:27 AM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Got 15 in Amazon Credit.

Hmm....24 loot boxes or Cuphead?

EDIT: Gah I'm the first post!

Cuphead, no questions.
Blues1990
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:37 AM)
Blues1990's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Got 15 in Amazon Credit.

Hmm....24 loot boxes or Cuphead?

EDIT: Gah I'm the first post!

Cuphead. It's a tough cookie, but it's worth picking up if you are partial to shooters like Contra, Gun Star Heroes, etc.
hypernima
Banned
(10-15-2017, 07:38 AM)
We are having a PC inhouse tomorrow btw.
If you're on pc, and wanna join, pm for deets.
TheThinWhiteDuke
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:41 AM)
TheThinWhiteDuke's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Got 15 in Amazon Credit.

Hmm....24 loot boxes or Cuphead?

EDIT: Gah I'm the first post!

Cuphead. I can see getting the loot boxes if you don't play the game much, but really, really want some of the skins, but Cuphead is really, really good.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(10-15-2017, 07:45 AM)
Data West's Avatar
I spent all this time playing sombra and got my hitscan aim up

but now I'm just doing way better playign mcree because of it
Salarians
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:00 AM)
Salarians's Avatar
hey Jeph delete Angela and PUT 👏🏻 HIM 👏🏻 IN 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 GAME 👏🏻

Blues1990
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:08 AM)
Blues1990's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salarians

hey Jeph delete Angela and PUT 👏🏻 HIM 👏🏻 IN 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 GAME 👏🏻

One of the possible designs for Junkrat looks glorious.

Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(10-15-2017, 08:11 AM)
Data West's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blues1990

One of the possible designs for Junkrat looks glorious.

looks much better than 4channer that is junkrats design
hypernima
Banned
(10-15-2017, 08:15 AM)
Male Mercy looks eons better tbh.
RecRoulette
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:44 AM)
RecRoulette's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salarians

hey Jeph delete Angela and PUT ���� HIM ���� IN ���� THE ���� GAME ����

Oh, is this from the big Art of Overwatch book? I can't wait to get mine.

Edit: If they could keep the hitboxes the same, I'd be super into having skins that were a different character, but a clone gameplay-wise. Like the premium skins in Injustice 2 or the Hearthstone heroes.
Owzers
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:19 AM)
Owzers's Avatar
I accidentally hit comp earlier today and found a game before I could cancel, got paired with an annoying three stack. Genji : “want to hear a joke? This is my first game today.”

That’s...that’s not a joke. He was bad though, and his group was talking all the time and about how one doesn’t play the character they picked and why are they grouping with the other.

We lost horribly. I don’t want to coddle annoying people or even be on a team with them.
MG310
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:33 AM)
MG310's Avatar
Lots of bad 2-3 groups tonight as well as players leaving after the first point falls..not even the entire first round. Floating around 2200.
TheDrizzlerJ11
Member
(10-15-2017, 10:25 AM)
TheDrizzlerJ11's Avatar
Nothing makes me want to quit this game more than OW’s definition of “What poor teamwork is not:”
Azoor
Member
(10-15-2017, 12:42 PM)
Azoor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salarians

hey Jeph delete Angela and PUT 👏🏻 HIM 👏🏻 IN 👏🏻 THE 👏🏻 GAME 👏🏻

Nah, the Mercy we have now is better NOT BIASED!
maomaoIYP
Member
(10-15-2017, 02:04 PM)
maomaoIYP's Avatar
Has anyone gotten past wave 16? I think endless isn't really endless, after the timer counts past wave 15 it disappears and is replaced by "defeat the bosses". I actually think the game ends if you do manage to beat them, just not sure if it's actually possible though.
Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/t26HF2rph0o
TrueBlue
Member
(10-15-2017, 02:23 PM)
TrueBlue's Avatar

Originally Posted by maomaoIYP

Has anyone gotten past wave 16? I think endless isn't really endless, after the timer counts past wave 15 it disappears and is replaced by "defeat the bosses". I actually think the game ends if you do manage to beat them, just not sure if it's actually possible though.
Here's what it looks like: https://youtu.be/t26HF2rph0o

That looks completely crazy, though I guess it'd be a breeze with the right custom game conditions.
leng jai
Member
(10-15-2017, 02:31 PM)
leng jai's Avatar
Just had 4 of the biggest beatdowns in a row tonight, not even close to winning a round with all these obvious smurfs everywhere. No idea how you can get put in such uneven teams 4 matches in a row.
NeoRaider
Member
(10-15-2017, 03:53 PM)
NeoRaider's Avatar
Did they nerf Symmetra's DMG?
Nocturnowl
Member
(10-15-2017, 05:35 PM)
Nocturnowl's Avatar
Somehow ending a DM with 14 assists as Doomfist, how does that happen?! That's for the tracers and genjis to experience!

Just tried Lucio in deathmatch for the first time on Dorado, wow, that's like the most fun he's ever been for me.
AlexFlame116
Member
(10-15-2017, 06:05 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar
Welp. Did the 10 placement matches. Got Silver. Sigh...

Is there any site or group that I could go to for some help in Competitive? That Discord group in the OP doesn't help much at all since it isn't really an Overwatch group anymore.

Or at least a site that can group up with me for a couple of matches?
TWrecks310
Banned
(10-15-2017, 06:08 PM)

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Welp. Did the 10 placement matches. Got Silver. Sigh...

Is there any site or group that I could go to for some help in Competitive? That Discord group in the OP doesn't help much at all since it isn't really an Overwatch group anymore.

Maybe try https://www.reddit.com/r/OverwatchUniversity/ ? They site is dedicated to helping players improve.

The only other advice I can give is to watch good players do VOD reviews or to just watch streamers play heroes you use and try to learn from them.
psyfi
Banned
(10-15-2017, 06:53 PM)
the weekend crowd is extra terrible this weekend :(
Anne
Member
(10-15-2017, 06:55 PM)
Anne's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

That Discord group in the OP doesn't help much at all since it isn't really an Overwatch group anymore.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Data West
coaches in the WNBA
(10-15-2017, 06:57 PM)
Data West's Avatar
I remember when people told me Deathmatch would make less of the 'i'm practicing widow/mcree/soldier' go away from QP


lol
pizzacat
Banned
(10-15-2017, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by pizzacat

To all you positive weirdos see you in the inhouse on Sunday come show me how much you like this game, it happens every Sunday at 5pm est

Add dvaritos#1307 or ireadmanga#2895

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY i havent gotten any invites you positive vibers should totally come today
hypernima
Banned
(10-15-2017, 07:20 PM)

Originally Posted by pizzacat

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY i havent gotten any invites you positive vibers should totally come today

Playing in the inhouse with Pizza really changed my life.
I went from gold to diamond within one season.
The tips I got in inhouse and the great advice from the OW discord really boosted me to my real potential.
Anne
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:21 PM)
Anne's Avatar

Originally Posted by hypernima

the OW discord really boosted me to my real potential.

.
AlexFlame116
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:31 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anne

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I was told that no one here (the Discord) really plays Overwatch anymore. Even less on PS4. Maybe I entered the wrong channel but I followed the link in the OP.

I was new to Discord though so maybe I did go to the wrong place.
Anne
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:41 PM)
Anne's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

I was told that no one here (the Discord) really plays Overwatch anymore. Even less on PS4. Maybe I entered the wrong channel but I followed the link in the OP.

I was new to Discord thoigh so maybe I did go to the wrong place.

Oh no you went to the right place. I was just messing with you a bit. We're all nice I swear, but we just don't really play anymore. If the server got removed from the OP and disassociated with GAF I wouldn't care at this point.
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(10-15-2017, 07:42 PM)
antitrop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anne

Oh no you went to the right place. I was just messing with you a bit. We're all nice I swear, but we just don't really play anymore. If the server got removed from the OP and disassociated with GAF I wouldn't care at this point.

I already did that when OT11 went up.
Anne
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:42 PM)
Anne's Avatar

Originally Posted by antitrop

I already did that when OT11 went up.

This is the level of attention I am giving all of this at this point.
Nepenthe
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:45 PM)
Nepenthe's Avatar
I would like to formally thank Symmetra for giving me a free Lucio PotG by placing her teleporter right on the edge of the bridge of Eichenwalde.
Nocturnowl
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:47 PM)
Nocturnowl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nepenthe

I would like to formally thank Symmetra for giving me a free Lucio PotG by placing her teleporter right on the edge of the bridge of Eichenwalde.

"woo, jackpot!"
Salarians
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:08 PM)
Salarians's Avatar
Chris Metzen's 1997 cowboy Wolverine McCree drawing is... a lot

good thing they got rid of the confederate flag emblem, huh
Veelk
Banned
(10-15-2017, 08:26 PM)
Veelk's Avatar
Just ordered this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UWC5I9PK&psc=1

Looking forward to no longer doing finger gymnastics in an effort to put all relevant skills within easy reach anymore.
MartyStu
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:47 PM)
MartyStu's Avatar
Jesus people, Ana is not magic. If you all Melee Reaper, I cannot save you all.
Evil's Bane
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:19 PM)
Evil's Bane's Avatar
Had a game where I was sure we would lose attacking Numbani but Sym snuck around and...put her teleport in their spawn? like right by the door.

It worked.
Prelude.
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:26 PM)
Prelude.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk

Just ordered this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UWC5I9PK&psc=1

Looking forward to no longer doing finger gymnastics in an effort to put all relevant skills within easy reach anymore.

For the same price you could have bought 3 copies and a half of the m/kb version. :thinking:
Veelk
Banned
(10-15-2017, 09:30 PM)
Veelk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Prelude.

For the same price you could have bought 3 copies and a half of the m/kb version. :thinking:

I'm not sure what you mean. Copies of what? And most M/KB adaptors seem to be around a similar price. If you have a better deal, I can still cancel the order.

As for M/KB, I don't really want to give myself that much of an advantage. I just want a controller scheme that's sane. Certain characters, if you want to maximize your use of them, just require a truly ridiculous button mapping. By getting this controller, I know I am giving myself an advantage, but what I really just want the convenience of paddles.
Nepenthe
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:41 PM)
Nepenthe's Avatar
Note: If anyone who is around lvl. 186 (lol) still needs to do their placement matches on PC, please hit me up. Because I honestly can't take the losses anymore.
blue_phazon
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:51 PM)
blue_phazon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk

I'm not sure what you mean. Copies of what? And most M/KB adaptors seem to be around a similar price. If you have a better deal, I can still cancel the order.

As for M/KB, I don't really want to give myself that much of an advantage. I just want a controller scheme that's sane. Certain characters, if you want to maximize your use of them, just require a truly ridiculous button mapping. By getting this controller, I know I am giving myself an advantage, but what I really just want the convenience of paddles.

I think they mean simply buying the PC version of OW
Veelk
Banned
(10-15-2017, 09:56 PM)
Veelk's Avatar

Originally Posted by blue_phazon

I think they mean simply buying the PC version of OW

I'm not gonna deny that the PC is the preferred version of Overwatch, but I've invested enough in the PS4 version that I don't really want to switch until they find a way that allows your stats and skins to transfer over to PC.

Besides, with my PC, I would get worse graphics with a worse performance than my console if I go with the 'optimized' settings. A better performance would basically require potato vision.

And it seems that the community is way worse on PC.
AlexFlame116
Member
(10-15-2017, 10:00 PM)
AlexFlame116's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk

I'm not gonna deny that the PC is the preferred version of Overwatch, but I've invested enough in the PS4 version that I don't really want to switch until they find a way that allows your stats and skins to transfer over to PC.

Same here. I'll buy the PC version in a heartbeat if they ever allow accounts and skins to be shared across all my consoles and laptop.

Chances of that though...
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(10-15-2017, 10:02 PM)
antitrop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk

I'm not gonna deny that the PC is the preferred version of Overwatch, but I've invested enough in the PS4 version that I don't really want to switch until they find a way that allows your stats and skins to transfer over to PC.

Besides, with my PC, I would get worse graphics with a worse performance than my console if I go with the 'optimized' settings. A better performance would basically require potato vision.

And it seems that the community is way worse on PC.

Can't blame you on that. I played on PS4 from Beta until the end of Season 1 and then switched to PC, and even then it hurt to lose my "progress" from PS4.
Veelk
Banned
(10-15-2017, 10:10 PM)
Veelk's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

Same here. I'll buy the PC version in a heartbeat if they ever allow accounts and skins to be shared across all my consoles and laptop.

Chances of that though...

They said that they don't have a way of checking what skins you have because they're stored on Sony's servers, but I feel that's bullshit. There has to be a way they can make that happen if they made a lootbox mechanism to avoid skins you already have.
ohkay
Member
(10-15-2017, 10:14 PM)
ohkay's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlexFlame116

I was told that no one here (the Discord) really plays Overwatch anymore. Even less on PS4. Maybe I entered the wrong channel but I followed the link in the OP.

I was new to Discord though so maybe I did go to the wrong place.

I'd like to think we'd be as helpful as we can on the discord if it came to actual questions about the game, but we've all had our spirits broken by the mighty Jeph
antitrop
does not much care for
anti-shooter bias
(10-15-2017, 10:25 PM)
antitrop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Veelk

They said that they don't have a way of checking what skins you have because they're stored on Sony's servers, but I feel that's bullshit. There has to be a way they can make that happen if they made a lootbox mechanism to avoid skins you already have.

You can link your Battle.net account with your PSN or XBL account for the purposes of things like the Oni Genji and Officer D.Va promotions. The only way to get those on console (before they were put in normal loot boxes) was to play HOTS on PC and link your account.

So the tech is there, they just want you to buy more boxes when you switch.
rulerk1
Member
(10-15-2017, 10:35 PM)
rulerk1's Avatar
im starting to think comp is worst than qp. In QP people care about team comp to a certain degree and will actually switch off of heroes if they are getting countered. If i am owning as pharah or winston in qp people will try to switch to counters within a minute. Cant say the same about comp unfortunately.
TWrecks310
Banned
(10-15-2017, 10:38 PM)

Originally Posted by rulerk1

im starting to think comp is worst than qp. In QP people care about team comp to a certain degree and will actually switch off of heroes if they are getting countered. If i am owning as pharah or winston in qp people will try to switch to counters within a minute. Cant say the same about comp unfortunately.

In my experience if you ask or point out how to counter the enemy's comp people are generally willing to switch.

Unless they are a Sym or Torb one trick but there is a special place in hell for them.

Thread Tools