• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

qa_engineer
(09-23-2017, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Deadstar

Just bought the game but I'm getting a direct x error when I launch the game on Origin. Is this a known issue? Should I refund the game at this point?

Yes, it's a known issue. I had adirect x out of memory error despite having 16gb system ram and 11gb of vram on my 1080ti.had to do some research on the interwebs but found a solution.

Im assuming you have an SSD and windows 10? If so It's likely the pagefile system in Windows set to 0. Go into settings and let windows automatically handle page file and you'll be good to go.
CGriffiths86
(09-25-2017, 02:31 PM)
This game is $13.28 on Amazon right now? Worth it?
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(09-25-2017, 02:40 PM)

Originally Posted by CGriffiths86

13$ is nothing for a video game, if you won't buy it at that price, might as well never think about it. I buy a dozen lootboxes in Overwatch at almost every special events for that price and that's just cosmetics. :p

Despite the flaws and some unresolved plots at the end of the game(since no DLC and most likely no sequel), the game is fun enough for at least one playthrough as long as you stay away from the quests under "Additional tasks".

It's nowhere near as memorable as the trilogy(but that's kinda hard to beat for any fan I'd guess), there is some repetitives sequences on each planets (find vaults, get high % by doing quests and attacking the main enemy base, kill big robot at the end) and the sountrack is pretty forgettable too.

But the story & characters(well, most of them, I don't care much about Liam or Cora) are interesting enough and the combat can be quite enjoyable with all the jumping, hovering, shooting, casting and explosions going on. Plus the main story & loyalty missions are quite good too.
enfieldvball
(09-25-2017, 03:14 PM)
Is it me or does it feel like half or the majority of the R&D stuff is worthless? I hate how they have different levels of weapons/guns. The only stuff that looks interesting is the Heleus weapons/armor but those points seem more rare to come across.

I also don't care for any of the Kett lol, not sure if it has to do w/ their design but as a alien race they are the 'least' interesting in the ME universe.
TC McQueen
(09-25-2017, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by CGriffiths86

If it's the PC version, yes. If it's the console version, no, because you lose out on all the quality of life improvements mods give you.
Paganmoon
(09-25-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by TC McQueen

If it's the PC version, yes. If it's the console version, no, because you lose out on all the quality of life improvements mods give you.

Holy fuck, I wish I'd have run with the reduced SAM-chatter.

"Ambient temperature is below normal"
"ambient temperature is within normal paramters"
back and forth a thousand times... Add to that whenever it changes you get a huge flashing text in the middle of your screen notifying you of the change as well (blocking part of you reticule for aiming...)

Lots of those mods seem to do a good job of makeing the game less annoying it seems. Still wouldn't make it a good game imo though.
Dance Inferno
(09-26-2017, 07:09 AM)

If you're playing on PC, here's a list of mods I highly recommend:
Free Remnant Decryption Keys (1000x)
Road Rage (increased Nomad collision damage to enemies)
Materials for Sale (all crafting materials can be bought on the Tempest for free)
General Augs Rebalanced (full disclosure: I made this mod - sets a wide variety of augments to give 10% bonuses to weapons/gear)
Weight Cooldown Bonus (brings back ME3's less weight = faster cooldowns mechanic)
Hyper Mobility (better sprint speed, better jump height & distance, might get you stuck on invisible geometry)
Squadmates Damage (buff to squadmate stats so they're less useless)
No Profile Switching Cooldown (switching profiles doesn't cause all abilities to cooldown)
Shut Up SAM (Reduces SAM chatter about environmental hazards)
Cheap Research (Reduces research costs by 75-80%}
Research No Level Requirements (Actually build the highest tier stuff without going into New Game Plus or tons of grinding)
Shorter Landing and Departure Cinematics (Cuts most of these cutscenes down to sub-10 seconds)
Increased Weapon Range
Faster Kadara Doors
Nomad Top Speed Increase (Now it peaks at 200 km/h)
Ultimate Camera FOV mod
DS4 Buttons

Tools you should have:
MEA Recovery Tool (let's you revert changes if modding causes problems)
Frosty Mod Manager (lets you run mods in a nice UI, remember to double click the mods on the list to the left)
MEAExplorer Ansel DLLs (download them & stick them in the MEA game folder so the mods will actually work)

Edit: You don't need the DLLs with Frosty Mod Manager.

This is awesome, thanks for the list! I just downloaded like 75% of these and am excited to try them out.
Dance Inferno
(09-26-2017, 07:59 AM)
Ugh, if only there was an ultrawide fix for AMD cards. This game is so close to looking great on my screen...
Darth Smurf X
(09-26-2017, 10:24 PM)

Faster Kadara Doors

Why couldn't this mod be on consoles?
TC McQueen
(09-26-2017, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Darth Smurf X

Why couldn't this mod be on consoles?

The game's load times might be that bad on consoles. It loads faster on PC.
sweetvar26
(09-27-2017, 03:48 PM)
Guys, getting this game right now. I have a PS4 Pro and will get an Xbox One X at launch.

Which platform? Since this game doesn't have a direct support for One X, will it have any improvements over the PS4 Pro version?
Lime
(10-08-2017, 01:04 AM)
Went back to Andromeda to take some screenshots with HattiWattis cinematic tool (+ mods) and it feels like going to a shitty funeral.
Isaccard
(10-08-2017, 04:56 PM)
Nvm, question answered
Nostremitus
(10-11-2017, 02:47 AM)
Finally finished the game, 120ish hours...

Game was good, but WAY too much padding. Could have been distilled to a great 80-90 hour 100% run game. Plus... WTH is up with the Quarians?
Will we ever know? Reapers? Who paid for the Initiative?
UpDownLeftRight
Banned
(10-11-2017, 02:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Nostremitus

Finally finished the game, 120ish hours...

Game was good, but WAY too much padding. Could have been distilled to a great 80-90 hour 100% run game. Plus... WTH is up with the Quarians?
Will we ever know? Reapers? Who paid for the Initiative?

You'll get those answers in 10 to 15 years when they make another ME. Who am I kidding the Andromeda storyline is never getting picked up again.
Lime
(10-11-2017, 08:34 AM)
Imagine how the tease ending must have felt for the new comers to the series - just a bunch of name dropping of races you’ve never heard about. It’s literslly coasting on the nostalgia of the previous titles. Pretty lazy storytelling all in all.
LegitMcfalls
(10-11-2017, 03:39 PM)
Going to give Andromeda a second chance today...pray for me gaf!

Edit: about an hour in and the facial animation is much improved and same for frame rate. Im a little disappointed in the ryder editor not being improved so playing default femryder.
Patryn
(10-11-2017, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by UpDownLeftRight

You'll get those answers in 10 to 15 years when they make another ME. Who am I kidding the Andromeda storyline is never getting picked up again.

Comics and books.

Maybe.
mbpm1
(10-11-2017, 11:11 PM)
We’ll get it in a book I thought

Hopefully of good quality
Deadstar
(10-12-2017, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by qa_engineer

Yes, it's a known issue. I had adirect x out of memory error despite having 16gb system ram and 11gb of vram on my 1080ti.had to do some research on the interwebs but found a solution.

Im assuming you have an SSD and windows 10? If so It's likely the pagefile system in Windows set to 0. Go into settings and let windows automatically handle page file and you'll be good to go.

Thanks I'll try this. I do have an SSD and win 10.
Freeman76
(11-09-2017, 11:46 PM)
The main story was a slog, now its over and I am doing loyalty missions etc, its really enjoyable.