• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(03-10-2016, 10:22 PM)
Slayer-33's Avatar
Hell yeah, awesome OT
BernardoOne
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Corpekata

There's no point in VPNing, it's a global unlock on PC, the OP is incorrect on it being out in Australia for all platforms.

You sure? I've seen someone on my Steam friendslist playing it and I dont think he's a reviewer.
Corpekata
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:24 PM)

Originally Posted by etta

Wait, why are they pushing the disc to 2017 if there's only 5 more episodes to be added? April to August would be when the 6th location is added, unless they're planning to do more than the original 6?

They haven't set the months for the last 3. They make it sound like it'll be monthly until 3rd episode, then after than it'll likely be every 2 months for the final 3 with a big monthly update in between that doesn't add a location.
Corpekata
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:25 PM)

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

You sure? I've seen someone on my Steam friendslist playing it and I dont think he's a reviewer.

Yeah. https://hitman.com/news/hitman-global-launch-times

Releasing at the typical Valve new day time.
etta
my hard graphic balls
(03-10-2016, 10:26 PM)
etta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corpekata

They haven't set the months for the last 3. They make it sound like it'll be monthly until 3rd episode, then after than it'll likely be every 2 months for the final 3 with a big monthly update in between that doesn't add a location.

Oh, interesting.
etta
my hard graphic balls
(03-10-2016, 10:35 PM)
etta's Avatar
Also, is it actually unlocking at 3 AM Eastern on PS4, and 12 AM on Xbox?
NZerker12
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:35 PM)
NZerker12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tacitus_

A couple pounds should easily be worth the peace of mind.

Thanks your right, I decided to go for the intro pack in the end. Now can't wait to play it.
WhiskerFrisker
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:38 PM)
WhiskerFrisker's Avatar
Day 1. It's only $12 for episode 1 and it's a solid game from all accounts thus far. Plus, I really liked the beta so why not.
VE3TRO
Formerly Gizmowned
(03-10-2016, 10:39 PM)
VE3TRO's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corpekata

Yeah. https://hitman.com/news/hitman-global-launch-times

Releasing at the typical Valve new day time.

Bah they lied on Twitter. I'll update.
Tatsumi Oga
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:50 PM)
Isn't only six episodes going to feel a little scarce? Blood Money had some really big levels and the amount of total levels was decent too. Of course with all these levels being huge and many ways to dispose of your target, there's plenty of replay value but I don't know, six sounds too few.
Wag
Junior Member
(03-10-2016, 10:52 PM)
Wag's Avatar
They showed it in 4k so hopefully the PC version has SLI support at launch.
BernardoOne
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Tatsumi Oga

Isn't only six episodes going to feel a little scarce? Blood Money had some really big levels and the amount of total levels was decent too. Of course with all these levels being huge and many ways to dispose of your target, there's plenty of replay value but I don't know, six sounds too few.

Considering how big the levels are and how much more ways to approach your objectives exist, plus with Contracts mode, elusive targets and Community challenges....
6 locations seems more than fine. It seems the next locations will have two main missions each. So the content will easily outdo Blood Money.
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:57 PM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar
Only one hour left!!!

Do I need to play the tutorial levels first (again?).
Pachimari
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:58 PM)
Kind of excited about the release of this.
BlackJace
Member
(03-10-2016, 11:01 PM)
BlackJace's Avatar
Got the preload on Steam, let's fucking go.
MaKTaiL
Member
(03-10-2016, 11:03 PM)
MaKTaiL's Avatar
Just got the full pack on PS4. Played the Beta for as long as I could and loved every moment of it.
Metalmarc
Member
(03-10-2016, 11:07 PM)
Metalmarc's Avatar

Originally Posted by NZerker12

Ugh, I don't know whether I should take the plunge and get the £45 full experience or if i should get the £12 intro pack. The problem is buying the intro pack and then the upgrade pack costs £49 versus the full experience at £45, I enjoyed the beta but i'm concerned whether future content will be any good or will even come out.


I bought intro from the u.s store for about $15 which is equivelent to £10.50 here, but i will have to remeber if i buy the rest of the episodes to buy them then from the usa which will then end up costing me £63, if theyre gonna be 6x$15 = $90 or £63, damn it's more in the long run so hmmm, i may have screwed up.

Unless theres a upgrade to complete pack in april instead of buying one by one.
Tatsumi Oga
Banned
(03-10-2016, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

Considering how big the levels are and how much more ways to approach your objectives exist, plus with Contracts mode, elusive targets and Community challenges....
6 locations seems more than fine. It seems the next locations will have two main missions each. So the content will easily outdo Blood Money.

But that's kind of my point. Two main missions in each of the upcoming locations. It's one big open location and you can go anywhere. By the time I have finished the first target in that one location, I will have seen all there is in that location. So for the second mission, this location isn't going to feel fresh and new. Or did you mean two main missions at the same time?
Oynox
Member
(03-10-2016, 11:20 PM)
Oynox's Avatar
I guess they want to push people to buy the digital release, since they pushed the retail to 2017... Meh, now I want to play the Intro Pack as well.
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-10-2016, 11:28 PM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tatsumi Oga

But that's kind of my point. Two main missions in each of the upcoming locations. It's one big open location and you can go anywhere. By the time I have finished the first target in that one location, I will have seen all there is in that location. So for the second mission, this location isn't going to feel fresh and new. Or did you mean two main missions at the same time?

I really don't think this will be the case.
You will also have unlimited online contracts (300 different and unique targets in Paris).
BernardoOne
Banned
(03-10-2016, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Tatsumi Oga

But that's kind of my point. Two main missions in each of the upcoming locations. It's one big open location and you can go anywhere. By the time I have finished the first target in that one location, I will have seen all there is in that location. So for the second mission, this location isn't going to feel fresh and new. Or did you mean two main missions at the same time?

Even if the base location is the same, there's quite a lot that will change in itself and so providing a very different experience.
Foffy
Banned
(03-10-2016, 11:36 PM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by etta

Wait, why are they pushing the disc to 2017 if there's only 5 more episodes to be added? April to August would be when the 6th location is added, unless they're planning to do more than the original 6?

The last three announced locations have not been given months, and they've confirmed a seventh episode is now coming as well.

I wonder how it will play out. Tokyo was and may still be penned to be the final location.
NZerker12
Member
(03-10-2016, 11:37 PM)
NZerker12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Metalmarc

I bought intro from the u.s store for about $15 which is equivelent to £10.50 here, but i will have to remeber if i buy the rest of the episodes to buy them then from the usa which will then end up costing me £63, if theyre gonna be 6x$15 = $90 or £63, damn it's more in the long run so hmmm, i may have screwed up.

Unless theres a upgrade to complete pack in april instead of buying one by one.

Damn I didn't think of buying the US version as for the upgrade I believe there is a pack coming out after release named the Upgrade pack that allows you upgrade to the full game. So you probably still spent less in the long run compared to the UK version.
Karak
Member
(03-10-2016, 11:38 PM)
Karak's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tatsumi Oga

But that's kind of my point. Two main missions in each of the upcoming locations. It's one big open location and you can go anywhere. By the time I have finished the first target in that one location, I will have seen all there is in that location. So for the second mission, this location isn't going to feel fresh and new. Or did you mean two main missions at the same time?

Do you mean like walked into each room? Technically that could be true, though after 4 hours in my first go I had not done so. If your goal is to just walk room to room that is absolutely possible. Like a racing game, or other game of one-upsmanship and skill improvement, getting around the track is at its most basic the lowest common denominator of the gameplay. Also true is that the variability of the incorporated systems change the flow, path and experience, such as starting in completely unique locations and with different targets. Remembering of course that alerts, killing, poisoning, disappearances of staff adjust the patrol, locations, strength, and response of those remaining.
etta
my hard graphic balls
(03-10-2016, 11:59 PM)
etta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Foffy

The last three announced locations have not been given months, and they've confirmed a seventh episode is now coming as well.

I wonder how it will play out. Tokyo was and may still be penned to be the final location.

Oh cool, so there will be an extra location for 7th episode, did they say where?

Pre-loading now, hype!!! Six more hours.
Foffy
Banned
(03-11-2016, 12:01 AM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by etta

Oh cool, so there will be an extra location for 7th episode, did they say where?

Pre-loading now, hype!!! Six more hours.

In their most recent PR stuff, they've talked about "episodes 2-7".

From their own pre-order page..

THE FULL EXPERIENCE - $59.99
With the Full Experience, you will have access to all seven episodes including the Six PlayStation®4 Exclusive contracts –The Sarajevo Six.

Paris is episode one.
Metalmarc
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:01 AM)
Metalmarc's Avatar

Originally Posted by NZerker12

Damn I didn't think of buying the US version as for the upgrade I believe there is a pack coming out after release named the Upgrade pack that allows you upgrade to the full game. So you probably still spent less in the long run compared to the UK version.

Ah cool, i'll probably get the upgrade pack then
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-11-2016, 12:02 AM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar
Yeah, game started. Let's go!
Genio88
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:06 AM)
Genio88's Avatar
There is already a bechmark for the review version on PC, still not sure if i should go all maxed out at 30fps or put something down, perhaps AA to achieve 60fps with my GTX 980

Jimmyfenix
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:18 AM)
Jimmyfenix's Avatar
less than 45 mins left

hype
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-11-2016, 12:23 AM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar
And the first crash after 15 minutes....oh well
rjinaz
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:26 AM)
rjinaz's Avatar
Did anybody that got in on the Amazon price mistake have their's canceled? I'm assuming I'll be emailed my codes at midnight.
pahamrick
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:27 AM)
pahamrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by rjinaz

Did anybody that got in on the Amazon price mistake have their's canceled? I'm assuming I'll be emailed my codes at midnight.

My order is still active, and according to a rep I spoke with codes will be sent after midnight PST.
Karak
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:31 AM)
Karak's Avatar

Originally Posted by The perfect Dark

Only one hour left!!!

Do I need to play the tutorial levels first (again?).

No pick Paris and it will inform you that your dumb lol and you can move on:)
rjinaz
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:33 AM)
rjinaz's Avatar

Originally Posted by pahamrick

My order is still active, and according to a rep I spoke with codes will be sent after midnight PST.

Guess I'll wake up to the codes then hopefully!
Kawngi
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:33 AM)
I think I bought the full version with an Amazon price mistake but they haven't sent me anything and going to my account on the site doesn't show any keys or such

:(
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-11-2016, 12:36 AM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karak

No pick Paris and it will inform you that your dumb lol and you can move on:)

Nice, but too late, lol. I'm definitely going to try Paris before I go to sleep though.
camequipped
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:44 AM)
Going into this pretty blind but its $11 on greenmangaming so why the hell not.
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(03-11-2016, 12:44 AM)
Admiral Woofington's Avatar
Hey so since I didn't see an answer last time I asked, has anyone seen any news for buying the soundtrack?
Ephemeris
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:51 AM)
Ephemeris's Avatar
Does the intro pack [still] come with the Requiem Pack?
edit: I should add that I don't see it mentioned on the PSN preorder page
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-11-2016, 12:56 AM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar
Oh shit, Paris is damn huge.
pahamrick
Member
(03-11-2016, 12:58 AM)
pahamrick's Avatar
Something I just noticed on Amazon.com. The PC version no longer states that it comes with the bonus pre-order DLC, while the PS4/XB1 versions do.
MaKTaiL
Member
(03-11-2016, 01:06 AM)
MaKTaiL's Avatar

Originally Posted by The perfect Dark

Oh shit, Paris is damn huge.

I heard the second episode will be even larger than Paris. Can't wait to play it.
Karak
Member
(03-11-2016, 01:08 AM)
Karak's Avatar

Originally Posted by The perfect Dark

Oh shit, Paris is damn huge.

Its straight up magic sauce
Dont forget the boat house and attics
dragn
Member
(03-11-2016, 01:09 AM)
dragn's Avatar
is every episode only 1 map?
Kane Zakharov
Member
(03-11-2016, 01:10 AM)
Kane Zakharov's Avatar

Originally Posted by dragn

is every episode only 1 map?

Yes.
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-11-2016, 01:16 AM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar
Just a quick info for those who want to know more about community contracts: You can mark 5 targets.

Edit: And the ship is not available? Why? Am I missing something? :/
Edit: And no loadout selection in contracts mode?
Edit3: And I can't hide bodies in crates? What's going on?

Edit: This has to be a bug. I can't hide some bodies in crates. It works for others though. But what's with the loadout? Why am I not able to select costumes, weapons or other items before starting a contract?
MHWilliams
(03-11-2016, 01:17 AM)
MHWilliams's Avatar
Paris is amazing.

One big warning that I put in my review, the game is always online. My game disconnected and it kicked me out of the mission I was in.
Foffy
Banned
(03-11-2016, 01:19 AM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by MHWilliams

Paris is amazing.

One big warning that I put in my review, the game is always online. My game disconnected and it kicked me out of the mission I was in.

Could you play it offline at all? The Beta allowed people to play offline, but online was used to track server-side data and the like.

Would be pretty weird to force it on always, though...I imagine the PC community will try to break that very soon, if true.
QuantumSquid
(03-11-2016, 01:20 AM)
QuantumSquid's Avatar
Am I doing something wrong? Steam says it isn't unlocking until 17 hours from now.

Thread Tools