• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

BernardoOne
Banned
(03-10-2016, 08:34 PM)

Originally Posted by brau

oh nice!

I've been going back to the beta here and there. Just too much fun to be had in the training sections.

I have 20 hours on the Beta alone, I can't imagine the ungodly ammount of hours i'm going to spend in this game lol
FrontalMonk
Banned
(03-10-2016, 08:36 PM)
FrontalMonk's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

I have 20 hours on the Beta alone, I can't imagine the ungodly ammount of hours i'm going to spend in this game lol

Jesus, I stopped after I got all the challenges/feats because I just knew I was going to do it all again once the game released. I was tempted several times to pick it back up though.
hollerphonix
Junior Member
(03-10-2016, 08:36 PM)
Shit I'm really tempted to get this but so nervous about it being a episodic sort of release. While I use the previous games the pessimist in me thinks "what if they drop in quality episode to episode?" or "what if the episode release schedule gets pushed further?" And then I get to wait and hope it comes out in full next year. Stoked but super hesitant to be excited about it even with good reviews coming in.
thecosmicfly
Banned
(03-10-2016, 08:36 PM)
Quick question. Did they take out the ability to take human shields all together or was that only missing from the beta?
gbpackers25
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:39 PM)
gbpackers25's Avatar
I'm really pumped for this to come out tomorrow! I really enjoyed the beta and Absolution. This series is just pure fun to me. All I need to do is play Blood Money at some point since everyone says it's the best in the series
brau
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:41 PM)
brau's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

I have 20 hours on the Beta alone, I can't imagine the ungodly ammount of hours i'm going to spend in this game lol

Holy cow... i just put like 5hrs. I felt compelled to keep playing it tho, but other games called for my attention.

Maybe this episodic format will promote the replay-ability and benefit the game. I certainly hope so. I am really exciting from looking at some sites already saying its back to its Blood Money roots in its freedom of how you do things.
Karak
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:41 PM)
Karak's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrontalMonk

Are you able to make contracts in your press copy? Do you know how different it is from Absolution's mode?

Yep and there are a ton of contracts from actual devs in there already.
As for different. I am not sure what you mean. It didn't feel different. It records everything you do and then sets it up for the next person with those as the specifics. Is that what you mean?

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

I have 20 hours on the Beta alone, I can't imagine the ungodly ammount of hours i'm going to spend in this game lol

I now have close to that just in Paris. Paris makes the beta area seem like childs play especially when you take into account the incredible number of challanges and various other aspects that you can mold. Like changing where you start and what you are dressed as. Seems small but playing as a cook instead of walking in as a guest completely changed the pacing of the job and made whole new challenges possible.
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-10-2016, 08:42 PM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Foffy

The one thing they cannot backpedal on is the "$60 gives you all promised content," which is what is selling the idea of spending full price for a full game. That's been about the only message for Hitman 6 that hasn't changed. :P

The problem is that they mention six episodes in the description :P
KorrZ
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:42 PM)
KorrZ's Avatar
Can't wait for this. I really liked the beta and this seems like such a huge step up in terms of size/scope that I know I'll be putting tons of hours into it.

I'm tempted to just get the full pack up front but IDK..
pahamrick
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:42 PM)
pahamrick's Avatar
Solid OT.

Man, I can't wait. I didn't get to play as much of the beta as I'd have liked, but I did finish it through and loved what I played.
BennyBlanco
Banned
(03-10-2016, 08:43 PM)
Any of my PC price mistake amazon bros get their code yet?
FrontalMonk
Banned
(03-10-2016, 08:45 PM)
FrontalMonk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Karak

Yep and there are a ton of contracts from actual devs in there already.
As for different. I am not sure what you mean. It didn't feel different. It records everything you do and then sets it up for the next person with those as the specifics. Is that what you mean?

Like, in Absolution's setup you tagged up to 3 targets, and it recorded your outfit/weapon of choice, whether you were seen, whether you changed disguises, and maybe half a dozen other modifiers, then depending on what you did you could set those things you did as extra challenges. So if you finished the contract with a wrench on one guy and silenced pistol on the other guy and didn't change disguises, you could add the modifier that they can't change outfits and they have to kill with these specific weapons, or you could turn those off individually and say you can kill with whatever weapon you want, or you can switch disguises. Keeping with the challenge restrictions gave you extra points while breaking the challenge penalized you.

I was curious to know if they expanded on the kinds of challenges you could set up, the number of NPCs you could tag, things like that, and also what kinds of sharing options there were, like if you could share a contract on PS4 with a PC player.
Kwansu Dudes
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:46 PM)
Kwansu Dudes's Avatar

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco

Any of my PC price mistake amazon bros get their code yet?

My order says they'll send out codes tomorrow so I'm crossing my fingers. Also, I hope they optimized the game cause the game ran worse on my PC (660/3770) than on PS4.
pahamrick
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:46 PM)
pahamrick's Avatar

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco

Any of my PC price mistake amazon bros get their code yet?

Not yet. My order says the code will be available at 12AM PST on the 11th.
styl3s
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:46 PM)
styl3s's Avatar
Is there any incentive to buy the $60 version over the $15 version aside from the base content that's coming?
D4Danger
Member
(03-10-2016, 08:47 PM)

Originally Posted by styl3s

Is there any incentive to buy the $60 version over the $15 version aside from the base content that's coming?

Not really. It's $5 cheaper if you buy it all now instead of one at a time.

The pre-order stuff and PS4 content is available for both the full and intro pack.
Fatal Error
Junior Member
(03-10-2016, 08:53 PM)
bought the Full Experience for $69.99, it been a while since I paid a price this high for a game, retail versions usually around $50 here. Played the beta and loved it, although I'm worried about content size, other than that I'm really excited!

Originally Posted by MrNelson

Weird, I'm in the ATL, nowhere near Canada.

had the same problem, mine was set to India and I'm from Saudi Arabia, it startled me when I saw the price in thousands.
Maxximo
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:00 PM)
Maxximo's Avatar

Originally Posted by BennyBlanco

Any of my PC price mistake amazon bros get their code yet?

Not yet. :P
Screaming Meat
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Karak

Excited to see what people think I am still playing it even after reviewing it. Just solid as F*ck

sueil
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:20 PM)
sueil's Avatar
Can you unlock this early on steam with a vpn? Because I really don't feel like waiting until 1 pm tomorrow.
EvB
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:22 PM)
EvB's Avatar
Just had a quick look at it on Xbone, I'm really liking it so far
BernardoOne
Banned
(03-10-2016, 09:26 PM)

Originally Posted by brau

Holy cow... i just put like 5hrs. I felt compelled to keep playing it tho, but other games called for my attention.

Maybe this episodic format will promote the replay-ability and benefit the game. I certainly hope so. I am really exciting from looking at some sites already saying its back to its Blood Money roots in its freedom of how you do things.

Yeah, I just kept on trying new ways of completing it, self challenges and restrictions, speedruns, etc. I absolutely love the game already and Paris is going to be even better.
brau
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:30 PM)
brau's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

Yeah, I just kept on trying new ways of completing it, self challenges and restrictions, speedruns, etc. I absolutely love the game already and Paris is going to be even better.

I really love how slick and stylish the animations feel on 47. I liked the idea of Contracts in Absolution but never really got into it. I have a feeling it will be something i get into on this one tho. Since the gameplay is so darn good.
Foffy
Banned
(03-10-2016, 09:32 PM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by brau

I really love how slick and stylish the animations feel on 47. I liked the idea of Contracts in Absolution but never really got into it. I have a feeling it will be something i get into on this one tho. Since the gameplay is so darn good.

It also didn't help that by Absolution's very design, almost no area was an actual sandbox. None of it felt lived in, for it all felt "controlled" as a means of moving forward.
FrontalMonk
Banned
(03-10-2016, 09:34 PM)
FrontalMonk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Foffy

It also didn't help that by Absolution's very design, almost no area was an actual sandbox. None of it felt lived in, for it all felt "controlled" as a means of moving forward.

Yeah, the only place that I really felt comfortable doing contracts was in Diana's mansion because it was so controlled and was one of the only spots I ever took the time to really learn all the placements for. Most of the game was too frustrating for me because it got too annoying to explore.
Genio88
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:36 PM)
Genio88's Avatar
I wasn't going to buy it day one, though i found the steam full version(AMD code) on Ebay for 35$, i had a 10 euro discount code for paypal, so i offered the buyer 25$ and he accepted, in the end with discount and currency exchange i payed about 13 euro for it! Already preloading on Steam, i really liked Absolution, GTX 980 ready to go!!!
brau
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:37 PM)
brau's Avatar

Originally Posted by Foffy

It also didn't help that by Absolution's very design, almost no area was an actual sandbox. None of it felt lived in, for it all felt "controlled" as a means of moving forward.

Totally... it was very linear and segmented in how to move on to different sections. The game looked amazing, but i rather have open spaces where its up to me, and not the designers linear designs.
The perfect Dark
Banned
(03-10-2016, 09:37 PM)
The perfect Dark's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrontalMonk

Yeah, the only place that I really felt comfortable doing contracts was in Diana's mansion because it was so controlled and was one of the only spots I ever took the time to really learn all the placements for. Most of the game was too frustrating for me because it got too annoying to explore.

Streets of Hope was pretty good imo.

But I'm really looking forward to the contracts in Paris.
Genio88
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:44 PM)
Genio88's Avatar
As i said a few post before, for those who wants to buy it cheaper on PC i recommend to check Ebay, you can find it for 35$ but seller accepted my 25$ offert
dragn
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:45 PM)
dragn's Avatar
so is dx12 available at launch?
Genio88
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:47 PM)
Genio88's Avatar

Originally Posted by dragn

so is dx12 available at launch?

I guess so, and that reminds me that i have to download the latest Nvidia drivers for the GTX 980! did Nvidia fixed the issue they had with those driver in the end?
Palpable
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:51 PM)
Palpable's Avatar
If I pre-order the Full Experience right now on PSN, will I automatically get the Blood Money Requiem pack & the PS4 exclusive mission(s)?
unknownhero
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:53 PM)
unknownhero's Avatar
hmmm, any vpn's out there that allows a austraila ip?
Foffy
Banned
(03-10-2016, 09:54 PM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by brau

Totally... it was very linear and segmented in how to move on to different sections. The game looked amazing, but i rather have open spaces where its up to me, and not the designers linear designs.

I was very peeved that the game assumes a few factors on the player, based on the story. One of which is that you play the whole game in just the suit, never finishing any area in a disguise. In a game that permanently segments off locations in the same level. Terrible. I think the only stage that got around this was the first "sandbox" level, but all of the others demand some kind of weird player logic to get. "I need to get my suit now because I can't get it later" sort of thinking.

People who finished the last few missions suit only and stealthy are bhudda killers, in a sense.

Originally Posted by Palpable

If I pre-order the Full Experience right now on PSN, will I automatically get the Blood Money Requiem pack & the PS4 exclusive mission(s)?

It it can be pre-ordered, I think so.
dreamfall
Member
(03-10-2016, 09:56 PM)
dreamfall's Avatar
That is a beautiful OT!

Ready to mess around in incredible locations, doing the craziest hits!
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-10-2016, 09:58 PM)
Salsa's Avatar
this is the beta with everything set to low except AA

it looks really damn decent. absolutely constant 60 except in the more crowded area of the boat level

I pre-ordered the game on the amazon price mistake, and now I don't even have the $15 to pay for it tomorrow.

I figured it'd run or look like shit so I didnt care much

but now im feeling it.. shit. Gonna see if I can pony up

I think it might be the best lookin game on Low i've seen? literally everything is set to low or off
Foffy
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:03 PM)
Foffy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

this is the beta with everything set to low except AA







it looks really damn decent. absolutely constant 60 except in the more crowded area of the boat level

I pre-ordered the game on the amazon price mistake, and now I don't even have the $15 to pay for it tomorrow.

I figured it'd run or look like shit so I didnt care much

but now im feeling it.. shit. Gonna see if I can pony up

I think it might be the best lookin game on Low i've seen? literally everything is set to low or off

Looks like the PS4 Beta to me. ;)

Absolution was a fucking visual marvel on PC at max, so I feel much of the same will be said here. Image quality will be through the roof.
Genio88
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:03 PM)
Genio88's Avatar
By the way is there any info about how the final release runs on PC? for example what can i expect with i7 4770k and GTX 980? i hope Ultra at 30fps at least
Salsa
~Formerly SalsaShark~
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(03-10-2016, 10:04 PM)
Salsa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Foffy

Looks like the PS4 Beta to me. ;)

Absolution was a fucking visual marvel on PC at max, so I feel much of the same will be said here. Image quality will be through the roof.

funnily enough I could run Absolution at max settings, or almost, at least

this is quite the difference

if I end up getting the game and the difference is too big i'll just lock to 30fps. Too bad they straight up locked Textures to low on 2gb of Vram tho
brau
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:04 PM)
brau's Avatar

Originally Posted by Genio88

By the way is there any info about how the final release runs on PC? for example what can i expect with i7 4770k and GTX 980? i hope Ultra at 30fps at least

The beta was not very demanding. I would think you could run the game no problems with that hardware on ultra capped at 30fps.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:06 PM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by unknownhero

hmmm, any vpn's out there that allows a austraila ip?

Private Internet Access
Alpha Phoenix
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:08 PM)
Alpha Phoenix's Avatar
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume there will be a boxed physical edition with all episodes later this year once everything has been released, right?
FrontalMonk
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:08 PM)
FrontalMonk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Alpha Phoenix

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume there will be a boxed physical edition with all episodes later this year once everything has been released, right?

Early 2017, but yes.
Tacitus_
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:11 PM)
Tacitus_'s Avatar
My Aus VPN isn't unlocking :d

Close Steam, connect to Sydney, open Steam, says it's 22 hours to unlock
unknownhero
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:12 PM)
unknownhero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tacitus_

My Aus VPN isn't unlocking :d

Close Steam, connect to Sydney, open Steam, says it's 22 hours to unlock

yeah, tried flyvpn but same thing X.X
NZerker12
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:17 PM)
NZerker12's Avatar
Ugh, I don't know whether I should take the plunge and get the 45 full experience or if i should get the 12 intro pack. The problem is buying the intro pack and then the upgrade pack costs 49 versus the full experience at 45, I enjoyed the beta but i'm concerned whether future content will be any good or will even come out.
Alpha Phoenix
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:18 PM)
Alpha Phoenix's Avatar

Originally Posted by FrontalMonk

Early 2017, but yes.

thx!
Corpekata
Banned
(03-10-2016, 10:20 PM)
There's no point in VPNing, it's a global unlock on PC, the OP is incorrect on it being out in Australia for all platforms.
Tacitus_
Member
(03-10-2016, 10:20 PM)
Tacitus_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by NZerker12

Ugh, I don't know whether I should take the plunge and get the 45 full experience or if i should get the 12 intro pack. The problem is buying the intro pack and then the upgrade pack costs 49 versus the full experience at 45, I enjoyed the beta but i'm concerned whether future content will be any good or will even come out.

A couple pounds should easily be worth the peace of mind.

Originally Posted by Corpekata

There's no point in VPNing, it's a global unlock on PC, the OP is incorrect on it being out in Australia for all platforms.

Bah. Time for bed then.
etta
my hard graphic balls
(03-10-2016, 10:21 PM)
etta's Avatar
Wait, why are they pushing the disc to 2017 if there's only 5 more episodes to be added? April to August would be when the 6th location is added, unless they're planning to do more than the original 6?

Thread Tools