• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

hoserx
(10-16-2017, 04:46 PM)
Man I really loved Ghost War over the weekend. The free trial has worked, I think. I'm about to buy it. I keep thinking about it at work.
FullMetaltech
(10-16-2017, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by hoserx

Man I really loved Ghost War over the weekend. The free trial has worked, I think. I'm about to buy it. I keep thinking about it at work.

It really is fun. I know from their post launch trailer they will add new maps and modes down the line. I just want them to adjust the round time and round count and it'll be my multiplayer game until something else comes along.
manhack
(10-16-2017, 06:30 PM)
Yeah super hyped about this game after the weekend. I got lucky and snagged it for $14.99 from Amazon on Thursday. I only got more addicted to the game as I started leveling up and finding good teammates to play with. Like siege the game really shines when you have a full squad working together. I was able to do pretty well with a 2 man discord group and sticking together as long as our pubbies weren't completely horrible.

Lot's of tactical options with the class selection and different perks. The engine is beautiful and runs well for me. I love the big open maps and the cat and mouse gameplay that evolves differently over each game.

Definitely scratches an itch I didn't know I have. Between this, RS: Siege, PUBG and Fortnite my multiplayer gaming menu is filling right up.

I'm hoping the game will be able to hold on a niche fan base, because I could see myself playing this for a long time to come.
Briarios
(10-18-2017, 05:49 PM)
So, the game is $23.99 for PS4 at Best Buy today ... For those that have played it through, is it worth it to play it primarily solo?
Unity2012
(10-18-2017, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Briarios

So, the game is $23.99 for PS4 at Best Buy today ... For those that have played it through, is it worth it to play it primarily solo?

I'm going to say yes. I played it solo for a long time before I jumped into co-op with a friend. I still play solo when I'm taking a break from work and cannot get caught up playing long with a team or co-op partner.

Now that the ghost mode is out; solo is also a great way to get better in harder difficulties. I've had nothing but a lot of fun with this game. It brought back the original Ghost Recon vibe into the franchise.
ThanksVision
(10-18-2017, 10:11 PM)
dumb question, but is there a way for my friend and I to fill out the remaining squad members with AI? Every mission it's just the two of us.
Kyle549
(10-19-2017, 05:08 AM)

Originally Posted by ThanksVision

dumb question, but is there a way for my friend and I to fill out the remaining squad members with AI? Every mission it's just the two of us.

in single player? no.

though personally I do this all the time and prefer not to have AI tagging along.
Razgriz-Specter
(10-19-2017, 06:10 AM)

I paid twice that and say absolutely.
WilsonX100
(10-19-2017, 06:58 AM)
so two friends bought the game recently with uplay sale and said its vastly imrpoved from when they played beta, but im still on the fence about it, what makes it so worth it?
Briarios
(10-19-2017, 04:00 PM)
Alright, I went ahead and picked it up ... I may try to get it started this weekend. Is there anything I should know that you wish you knew when starting the game?
Hazardous Metal
(10-19-2017, 04:54 PM)
So I bought the game and have only played Ghost War... this is scratching an itch I didn't know I had. There's so much depth to the way you can fight against players. You can rush and try to take mid map fast or do hard flanks through bushes, use artillery etc. I love that rounds can go from a couple of minutes to 10+ depending on how people play, and it never gets boring.

The only issue I have right now with is the player base. The amount of people with southern drawls screaming into the mic when you do anything they don't like is pretty high in my experience.

"What are yooou doooooin' over thereee? You're gawna git killed if you don't stick with meee."

"I'm flanking dude, I'll cover angles that you can't see from there."

"Ur a fuckin' idiot, u don't know what ur talkin' about"

*guy dies*

"See like right there, you got me fuckin' killed cuz you weren't near me ta help meeee"

*they ragequit*

I dunno, it's not a deal breaker but it gets grating after a while.
RedSparrows
(10-19-2017, 05:43 PM)

Alright, I went ahead and picked it up ... I may try to get it started this weekend. Is there anything I should know that you wish you knew when starting the game?

Advanced difficulty, minimum. Extreme preferably. Reduce HUD as much as you are comfortable with.

IMO.
KyanMehwulfe
(10-20-2017, 04:09 AM)
Yeah maybe using the HUD for the first couple hours, and I'd probably leave on at least the weapon/item quicklist, but soon as you got a basic grasp for the flow of the game, I'd at least turn off the minimap.
Ponchito
(10-24-2017, 05:50 AM)
Hi. I have a parachute drop site side mission. It says “tag the drop site supplies”. How do I tag them?

Edit: got it. There was some panel on one of the sides.
Captain Zyrain
(10-24-2017, 07:29 AM)
Still need to try ghost war.. Been so busy lately.

Game of the year though
Captain Zyrain
(11-10-2017, 01:42 AM)
FYI the Xbox One X patch for Wildlands is glorious.

Image quality is way up. Pop in seems about the same.

Performance seems very solid.

Would love to see a DF article on the changes.

Still plugging away...
KyanMehwulfe
(11-10-2017, 05:26 AM)
cool that sounds great... i'm not sure but GRW may be why I pull the trigger (hhh) on the XBX

post the DF here if you see it before anyone else does.