• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Toxi
Banned
(10-21-2017, 12:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Orochinagis

I know, I was trying to be ambiguous cuz is his first run.

Oh, whoops. Yeah, that's a good point. Removed it from my post.
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 01:38 AM)
I been reading some older threads and it looks like I should level up either bloodtinge or arcane. This depends on what kind of weapons I want to use right? I have been using LHB and just off the top of my head I think my character is

41 vitality
37ish endurance. Stamina bar maxed
30ish strength
29 or 30 skills

I have been meaning to try more bloodtinge or arcane weapons since physical attacks all kinda feel the same for me. I saw people in older threads recommending the saw weapon but it feels just like a hammer. I like Tonitrus since it's bolt based but it kinda has medium range . I'm curious about the wheel and the Beast Hunter saif, but maybe I should just wait until more weapons acquired as I progress through dlc?
JadedWriter
(10-21-2017, 02:58 AM)

Originally Posted by BeautifulMemory

Oh yeah the crow! I saw it dropped now...could have been me too. And with the rats on top I was just like nope not going near. The level design is great. I can't believe how easy the shortcut is. Unnerving as fuck tho.

Now just gotta figure out how to best living failure.. .

Wait...you were dying to Living Failures? Bomb ass theme, but um...that's...um...keep playing.

I been reading some older threads and it looks like I should level up either bloodtinge or arcane. This depends on what kind of weapons I want to use right? I have been using LHB and just off the top of my head I think my character is

41 vitality
37ish endurance. Stamina bar maxed
30ish strength
29 or 30 skills

I have been meaning to try more bloodtinge or arcane weapons since physical attacks all kinda feel the same for me. I saw people in older threads recommending the saw weapon but it feels just like a hammer. I like Tonitrus since it's bolt based but it kinda has medium range . I'm curious about the wheel and the Beast Hunter saif, but maybe I should just wait until more weapons acquired as I progress through dlc?

Real men flog the beasts with the pimp cane.
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

Wait...you were dying to Living Failures? Bomb ass theme, but um...that's...um...keep playing.

Real men flog the beasts with the pimp cane.

Yeah man they hit hard and that spirit bomb is wtfesque

With pimp cane what I need to upgrade? Arcane or bloodtinge?
JadedWriter
(10-21-2017, 03:29 AM)

Yeah man they hit hard and that spirit bomb is wtfesque

With pimp cane what I need to upgrade? Arcane or bloodtinge?

It's a straight skill weapon.

With the failures it's all about hitting hard and dodging.
Mephala
(10-21-2017, 06:08 AM)
While leveling and upgrading your weapon helps, don't forget about blood gems. Throwing on two or three +15% attack can make a lot of difference and should be obtainable without even going into the chalice dungeons.
alt27
(10-21-2017, 08:51 AM)
So I bought the dlc . And I would like to do it before NG plus as people stated here it gets way more difficult on that mode . Iím really early in so donít have to worry about it now but does the game have a point of no return and is it obvious ? I just want to be able to know when to do the dlc before final boss basically .
Aters
(10-21-2017, 08:54 AM)

Originally Posted by alt27

So I bought the dlc . And I would like to do it before NG plus as people stated here it gets way more difficult on that mode . Iím really early in so donít have to worry about it now but does the game have a point of no return and is it obvious ? I just want to be able to know when to do the dlc before final boss basically .

Um not really. You'll know it's the final boss.
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 09:02 AM)
So I made progress on the dlc, thanks for the video on how to best living failure, made it past lady Maria, now stuck at orphan of Kos. This fucker hits far and hard. No NPC for me to summon :(

Lucked into finding rakuyo so trying to upgrade that
DominusLeges
(10-21-2017, 10:52 AM)

Thereís a few definite point at which you know things have changed. Just pay attention to your hub area and when youíll see something truly crazy (you canít miss it) then youíll know itís tome to seek out the DLC area as the playthrough is soon to end.
Mephala
(10-21-2017, 02:22 PM)

I think doing it earlier than most of the main game will make the rest of the main areas a bit too easy so I would actually recommend doing it before the point of no return. You will know when this is because things will suddenly really heat up!
JadedWriter
(10-21-2017, 04:27 PM)

So I made progress on the dlc, thanks for the video on how to best living failure, made it past lady Maria, now stuck at orphan of Kos. This fucker hits far and hard. No NPC for me to summon :(

Lucked into finding rakuyo so trying to upgrade that

Yeah they want you to beat Kos without help and yeah he hits hard. I think after you die enough times you'll recognize a couple of patterns though his second phase is a bit crazy. How did you like the Maria fight?
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 05:46 PM)

Yeah they want you to beat Kos without help and yeah he hits hard. I think after you die enough times you'll recognize a couple of patterns though his second phase is a bit crazy. How did you like the Maria fight?

It caught me by surprise. It was a cool fight. Her swords reminded me of Sparda from DMC. She was easier to bait and stagger.

I couldn't get to kos second phase :( I YouTube it and looks like it's one of those fights to beat him straight up. No shortcuts or cheese
grmlin
(10-21-2017, 07:10 PM)
Guys, I played through the game multiple times and still didn't get the platinum.

Please recommend me a nice PvE build. The ones I remember best were my skill build with the Reiterpallasch later on and strength build with the hilarious Pizza Cutter.

Thanks!
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 07:38 PM)
So I got to Kos second mode. Man.
jviggy43
(10-21-2017, 08:18 PM)
Started my S4 level run last night. I love this game.
JadedWriter
(10-21-2017, 08:28 PM)

Originally Posted by grmlin

Guys, I played through the game multiple times and still didn't get the platinum.

Please recommend me a nice PvE build. The ones I remember best were my skill build with the Reiterpallasch later on and strength build with the hilarious Pizza Cutter.

Thanks!

Bloodtinge build with the Chikage.
jviggy43
(10-21-2017, 08:34 PM)

Bloodtinge build with the Chikage.

Either a bloodtinge skill character or a Str/Arc character. Easily my two favorite class builds.
Orochinagis
(10-21-2017, 09:06 PM)

So I got to Kos second mode. Man.

Just his second phase? oh lord
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Orochinagis

Just his second phase? oh lord

What you trying to say :/ his second form looks very cool

I had to take a break so I went back to farming lol
LockOfTheWeek
(10-21-2017, 11:40 PM)
Every time I see Lady Maria mentioned here I feel i'm obliged to go listen to the music attached to the fight. God damn it's so good.
BeautifulMemory
(10-21-2017, 11:48 PM)
Beat Kos. Whew. Think I missed the gunblade. Was excited to use Kos weapon then I saw it scales with arcane. Damn.
Orochinagis
(10-22-2017, 12:03 AM)

Beat Kos. Whew. Think I missed the gunblade. Was excited to use Kos weapon then I saw it scales with arcane. Damn.

Its a Bow, you have to complete Simon sidequest which ends on the lighthouse lamp

Nice job, there is still an optional boss and the sidequest on this DLC.

Her weapon drop is super slow and huh.... pretty situational compared to the other arcane weapons
BeautifulMemory
(10-22-2017, 12:18 AM)
BeautifulMemory
(10-24-2017, 04:12 AM)
Hi. Good to be back. Umm. Made a lot of progress since.beat the wet nurse, started on the chalice dungeon since I want to beast claw. The dungeons are boring in its design, but I'm happy that I'm overleveled, some bosses are really tough. Beat the dlc, thank goodness for NPC summon, Laurence primarily attacked it lol . Got the chikage, have no idea what it does.
alt27
(10-24-2017, 05:48 AM)
Glad to see where back up, but umm, looks the main forum will best avoided for a bit.

Made a little progress in last few days. Beat 3 bosses, the BSB (hardest of the 3), who after a few runs and then was running out of antidotes was getting a little taxing but the oh so sweet fire paper got me through.

The Vicar i didnt have too much problem with, just stayed close and once agian, the good old fire paper made quick work of her.

The witches were just easy imo. Just ran about the room and ignored those annoying minions! Found a decent echo run just outide the witches room, so think I will get my level up a little (currently at 40) before I move on.

Also got the ludwig holy blade, which seems like a nice weapon. Any reccomendations on the blood gems? slotted in a tear one (seems to give a little HP back) but im sure theres way better.
Orochinagis
(10-24-2017, 07:45 AM)

Hi. Good to be back. Umm. Made a lot of progress since.beat the wet nurse, started on the chalice dungeon since I want to beast claw. The dungeons are boring in its design, but I'm happy that I'm overleveled, some bosses are really tough. Beat the dlc, thank goodness for NPC summon, Laurence primarily attacked it lol . Got the chikage, have no idea what it does.

Chikage is a bloodtinge stat weapon, hard to master and deals a good bunch of damage but requires like 40 points of bloodtinge to work

Also got the ludwig holy blade, which seems like a nice weapon. Any reccomendations on the blood gems? slotted in a tear one (seems to give a little HP back) but im sure theres way better.

Physical and concussive damage are the best for the weapon
Morrigan Stark
Arrogant Smirk
(10-24-2017, 06:29 PM)
Hello. I made a Discord for Soulsborne GAF.

Quote to join. PM me your discord ID for verified status if you want.

sphinx
the piano man
(10-24-2017, 10:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Morrigan Stark

I joined.

Anybody knows if there any other GAF communities already on discord??

particularly, Fitness-GAF and Media Create
silva1991
(10-25-2017, 05:52 AM)
Oh Bloodborne. I actually signed up around the project beast leak month. It was amazing and hype was through the roof. No game delivered as much since then.

Will miss Bloodborne OTs so much

:)
ajb1888
Banned
(10-25-2017, 06:59 AM)
Goodbye Bloodborne OT

May you find your worth in the waking world 😴
B-Genius
(10-25-2017, 07:06 AM)

Thanks Morrigan. I'm already verified on another server, but looking forward to seeing folks on the other side.

"New ideas, of the higher plane!"
Akuun
Looking for meaning in GAF
(10-25-2017, 08:44 PM)

I'd like to join, but this says it's expired.
Albino_Yeti
(10-26-2017, 01:22 AM)
I'll still be around this thread. Like a lonely Hunter trapped in the Frontier...
DoubleTake
(10-26-2017, 02:38 AM)
R e s e t E r a has open registration right now...get it while its hot...
Morfeo
The Chuck Norris of Peace
(10-26-2017, 02:41 AM)
Soulsborne Gaf was great, they guided me through Demons, Dark 1&2 and since august, Bloodborne. Awesome community for sure - going to miss you guys!
BrawlPurist
(10-26-2017, 03:13 AM)

Originally Posted by DoubleTake

R e s e t E r a has open registration right now...get it while its hot...

Love to, but I never hopped on any discord servers and/or I'm missing something on the site D: Longtime lurker looking for an olive branch
SDR-UK
(10-26-2017, 03:36 AM)
Gonna miss Soulsborne GAF. Made some great friends here and I LOVED going from inception of Project Beast/Bloodborne to playing it all with you, especially the DLC.
Blobbers
(10-26-2017, 05:29 AM)
Yo, I'd love it if someone could throw me an invite to the new forums, here or on twitter (@LigamentsRGood). I'd rather not mess with discord tbh, unless it's necessary. Also, I'll have to use my yahoo mail. If it matters, I've been using it for years, no problem. If the paid/isp-issued email rule is set in stone, I understand. I can always try and register down the line

posting this in the SMT and Bloodborne threads
Floody
(10-26-2017, 08:18 AM)
Registration is closed at the moment. And I think paid email will be required when it opens up again.
Red Liquorice
needs to check himself
(10-26-2017, 09:44 AM)
Guess I'll wait for the next go around. Have a EU-friendly signup window please! :)
JetSetRadio
(10-26-2017, 03:17 PM)
This ain't no place for a hunter anymore.

Grant us discord eyes. :(
alt27
(10-26-2017, 05:33 PM)
how do we get a discord invite?
Albino_Yeti
(11-09-2017, 04:12 AM)
Anyone still around? Any hope of a Bloodborne 2 at PSX?

Pls tell me yes.