• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

PantsuJo
(10-30-2017, 11:46 AM)

Originally Posted by true Gek

I know some European and USA cool games but the Japanese line up is totally unknown for me. Advices are absolutely welcome!

I have just bought from Amazon Metropolis Street Racing, it will arrive in few days!

The first thing I suggest is Capcom vs SNK 2: sure, you will find on GC/Xbox/PS2 too but, trust me, having on DC is really "special".

If you like shmups (and have a good budget):
  • Border Down
  • Ikaruga (*)
  • Trigger Heart Hexelica (*)
  • Zero Gunner 2 (*)
  • Mars Matrix
  • Psyvariar 2 (also on Xbox OG)
The ones with the (*) are also on more modern platform (X360 and/or Steam) but the DC ones are pretty cool to have (and are only Japanese releases).

Check Frame Gride too, it's a sort of mecha-action game in a fantasy world, made by From Software.

If you understand japanese, I reccomend Sakura Taisen games, good RPGs with nice stories.
true Gek
(10-30-2017, 04:38 PM)

Originally Posted by PantsuJo

The first thing I suggest is Capcom vs SNK 2: sure, you will find on GC/Xbox/PS2 too but, trust me, having on DC is really "special".

If you like shmups (and have a good budget):

• Border Down
  • Ikaruga (*)
  • Trigger Heart Hexelica (*)
  • Zero Gunner 2 (*)
  • Mars Matrix
  • Psyvariar 2 (also on Xbox OG)
The ones with the (*) are also on more modern platform (X360 and/or Steam) but the DC ones are pretty cool to have (and are only Japanese releases).

Check Frame Gride too, it's a sort of mecha-action game in a fantasy world, made by From Software.

If you understand japanese, I reccomend Sakura Taisen games, good RPGs with nice stories.

I think that I have a copy of Capcom VS SNK for GC somewhere in my room but that version is totally unplayable due to the GC controller >__> I think I will buy the DC version at this point!

For the Shmups, I'm not that good and I usually play the 3D ones like REZ or Sin & Punishment... Does the DC library contains similar titles?
PantsuJo
(10-30-2017, 07:40 PM)

I think that I have a copy of Capcom VS SNK for GC somewhere in my room but that version is totally unplayable due to the GC controller >__> I think I will buy the DC version at this point!

For the Shmups, I'm not that good and I usually play the 3D ones like REZ or Sin & Punishment... Does the DC library contains similar titles?

Well, REZ born on Dreamcast, before arriving on other platforms. I don't remember other rail shooters on DC like Sin&Punishment, sadly.

I can suggest two games: Cannon Spike (great arcade shooter made in 3D) and a Spawn arcade shooter too (very cool, especially if you like the comics).

You can also find some good lightgun shooters (but you will need to buy lightgun and use it on a CRT TV): House of the Dead 2, for example.
sarcoa
(10-31-2017, 04:03 AM)

I know some European and USA cool games but the Japanese line up is totally unknown for me. Advices are absolutely welcome!

Japanese DC games I've enjoyed:

Cool Cool Toon
Cosmic Smash
L.O.L.: Lack of Love
Napple Tale: Arsia in Daydream
Rainbow Cotton
Roommania #203
Tokyo Bus Guide
Treasure Strike
Zusar Vasar
BANGS
(11-10-2017, 07:57 PM)
Posting my custom Dreamcast. Mods include:

Paint job and new front sticker, USBGDROM with lid switch, fan mod, USBGDROM insert, battery mod, and a failed LED mod so the LED doesn't work at all anymore lol. I'll fix that one day, maybe...

kunonabi
(11-11-2017, 03:52 AM)

Oh, ok =/

I have just bought from Amazon Metropolis Street Racing, it will arrive in few days!

Cool Cool Toon   
Cosmic Smash   
Dead of Alive 2 Limited Edition   
Frame Gride   
Giant Gram 2000 All Japan Pro Wrestling 3   
Giant Gram All Japan Pro Wrestling 2   
Hundred Swords   
Mobile Suit Gundam EFF vs. Zeon & DX   
Nanatsu no Hikan  
Puyo Puyo 4   
ROOMMANIA #203   
Tako no Marine   
Treasure Strike   
Vermilion Desert

I tried to leave off the more language intensive stuff although i kept a few of the more interesting, quirky titles in.

Of course, there some interesting japanese titles i havent tried yet as well.
true Gek
(11-13-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by kunonabi

Cool Cool Toon   
Cosmic Smash   
Dead of Alive 2 Limited Edition   
Frame Gride   
Giant Gram 2000 All Japan Pro Wrestling 3   
Giant Gram All Japan Pro Wrestling 2   
Hundred Swords   
Mobile Suit Gundam EFF vs. Zeon & DX   
Nanatsu no Hikan  
Puyo Puyo 4   
ROOMMANIA #203   
Tako no Marine   
Treasure Strike   
Vermilion Desert

I tried to leave off the more language intensive stuff although i kept a few of the more interesting, quirky titles in.

Of course, there some interesting japanese titles i havent tried yet as well.

Thanks!

I was also looking for arcade racing games!