• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

gossi
(10-27-2017, 07:45 AM)
Thereís no OT and the game is out, so letís play.
MayMay
Banned
(10-27-2017, 07:50 AM)
rip

Well I'm loving the game
midasmulligan
(10-27-2017, 07:50 AM)
Fair enough, works for me
gossi
(10-27-2017, 07:51 AM)
Iím just booting it now, shame thereís no HDR support yet.
TLZ
(10-27-2017, 07:53 AM)

Originally Posted by gossi

Iím just booting it now, shame thereís no HDR support yet.

Will it have one?
levitan
(10-27-2017, 07:55 AM)
Great OT. I am so hyped.
gossi
(10-27-2017, 08:00 AM)

Originally Posted by TLZ

Will it have one?

Yeah HDR support is coming early November per devs. No Xbox One X Enhanced support yet.
nolips
(10-27-2017, 08:01 AM)
Been playing all day yesterday. The game looks breathtaking. Best Creed-game since the second one IMO.
MrOogieBoogie
BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
(10-27-2017, 08:04 AM)
How's this game look compared to Horizon: Zero Dawn?
Theorry
(10-27-2017, 08:18 AM)
Some beginner tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjnICpLd58
Wishmaster92
(10-27-2017, 08:21 AM)

Originally Posted by MrOogieBoogie

How's this game look compared to Horizon: Zero Dawn?

Can anybody post some ac screenshots so we can compare?
Hexer06
(10-27-2017, 08:33 AM)
Been playing for about 2 hours now and I'm loving it so far. Looks pretty rough compared to the 4k videos of the X that I saw, but that's okay. Can't wait for the X patch so I can play this in its rightful beauty.

Thx for making this OT btw. :D
GodParticle
(10-27-2017, 08:35 AM)
A new age of retro, simple OTs. I like it haha
Vkandrew
(10-27-2017, 08:43 AM)
So excited to dive in! My wife bought it for me digitally but said I canít play until my birthday on Saturday, so Iím playing the waiting game :/
Jack The Nipper
Banned
(10-27-2017, 08:46 AM)
Beast OTa, honestly they could at times be toned down (remember that one, forgot which game it was that was well overboard and the mods had to ask for a change?)

I am not just saying that, but some are a bit over done but yeah it's fine.

I have only played black and really got tired of it, is this going to be another roam, fetchathon? I know nothing of this title other than seeing a part of the trailer and its basic premise.
iNvid02
(10-27-2017, 08:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Jack The Nipper

Beast OTa, honestly they could at times be toned down (remember that one, forgot which game it was that was well overboard

😂

Donít worry, wonít be making any more OTs here
xrnzaaas
(10-27-2017, 09:35 AM)
I haven't advanced that far yet, but I don't get how some reviews are saying the game has good side quests. Most of them are boring and kinda the same - kill someone, rescue someone, retrieve something, investigate the area.

Also I miss the silky smooth moveset of Aloy, the character controls sometimes are really janky and controlling chariots is pretty much a nightmare even with "autopilot".
BLAUcopter
(10-27-2017, 09:35 AM)
Lol 5 mins in and crash to dashboard. GG.
ST2K
(10-27-2017, 09:48 AM)
Would love to hear reports on base PS4 peformance, as I heard some negative early impressions.
Wingus
(10-27-2017, 09:57 AM)
Simple and straight to the point. Good OT :)
Fonds
(10-27-2017, 10:30 AM)
Picking up my copy tonight, pretty psyched actually.

Weirdly enough the ACG review is what convinced me. Even though he rated it as a 'wait for sale'.
The aspects that he described as major improvements in combat and exploration are the things I like most about these games. Not too bothered with the story anyway and the massive open world just looks too tempting to pass on.
NeoRaider
(10-27-2017, 10:48 AM)
Who was supposed to do OT for this game? Is he/she banned?
Xplatformer
(10-27-2017, 10:50 AM)
Downloading now, but it's 1:30 AM here in Los Angeles...and STRANGER THINGS is out now and I'll be binge watching that Friday night.

To be fair I may not be able to play until Saturday night.
Freeman76
(10-27-2017, 10:51 AM)

Originally Posted by NeoRaider

Who was supposed to do OT for this game? Is he/she banned?

They have a 50 page deep OT elsewhere. I think 3 former GAF members made it together.
faer0n
(10-27-2017, 11:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Freeman76

They have a 50 page deep OT elsewhere. I think 3 former GAF members made it together.

More like 4 pages
Freeman76
(10-27-2017, 11:23 AM)

Originally Posted by faer0n

More like 4 pages

Go have a look Junior
gossi
(10-27-2017, 11:27 AM)
I played for an hour before work. The game appears to be absolutely huge. Got a bow, I'm happy.
Klocker
(10-27-2017, 11:28 AM)
Who gives a shit what other sites are doing for fucks sake.

Back OT, this game is pretty cool to me so far. Graphics are really good for an old Xbox. Lighting without HDR even, is well done. The textures and animations are strong suit with a little Jank.

I'm digging the exploration, new fighting mechanics, progression trees etc and it feels comfortably familiar, yet fresh.

Waiting for X to dive to deep. Which reminds me swimming is cool and water looks unreal.
Seganomics
(10-27-2017, 11:32 AM)
Can't start 'til I get my X. Looks good though.
gossi
(10-27-2017, 11:32 AM)
One thing I will say - the graphics on Xbox One are surprisingly great - the frame rate less so. At times it really suffers. Can't wait for Xbox One X, this is one title which clearly needs more horsepower.
Theorry
(10-27-2017, 11:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Freeman76

Go have a look Junior

Its 4.

Originally Posted by gossi

One thing I will say - the graphics on Xbox One are surprisingly great - the frame rate less so. At times it really suffers. Can't wait for Xbox One X, this is one title which clearly needs more horsepower.

Thats why i am gonna wait also. The world already looks good but on the X it will look even better.
Fonds
(10-27-2017, 11:34 AM)
Anyone playing it on an OG ps4?
I wonder what the performance is like.
Shari
(10-27-2017, 11:44 AM)
Played yesterday for an hour, pretty enjoyable.

I just have one question, is there any way (or planned) to be able to modify UI elements in a detailed way? I want a mix between light and minimal and can't actually personalize the UI or didn't find a way.

I would like to have "minimal" UI preset with health bars. The UI in "light" is too much, the top bar, the detailed quest information, it's just too busy for my taste and such a pity because this game is gorgeous.
AGITΩ
(10-27-2017, 11:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Fonds

Anyone playing it on an OG ps4?
I wonder what the performance is like.

not too many issues on my side, but i have noticed really bad cursor controls, where it would either lag or cause my controller to turn off until i press the ps button. Is this just me? has happened twice in the 4 hours i played.
Jacob4815
(10-27-2017, 11:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Shari

Played yesterday for an hour, pretty enjoyable.

I just have one question, is there any way (or planned) to be able to modify UI elements in a detailed way? I want a mix between light and minimal and can't actually personalize the UI or didn't find a way.

I would like to have "minimal" UI preset with health bars. The UI in "light" is too much, the top bar, the detailed quest information, it's just too busy for my taste and such a pity because this game is gorgeous.

What's the difference between "minimal" and "light"?
Theorry
(10-27-2017, 11:56 AM)
Shari
(10-27-2017, 12:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Jacob4815

What's the difference between "minimal" and "light"?

Light still has many hud elements like the navigation bar on the top, a quest tracker on the left hand side and generally lots of on-screen information.

Minimal fixes that while also taking away health bars, damage indicators, enemies levels, etc which makes it hard to play.

I'd like to have a mix of those modes but I dont know if further customization is available, I didn't find it myself.
Seganomics
(10-27-2017, 12:02 PM)
Can anyone confirm if the low FPS on distant animations is present on all versions? Watched the Jimpressions video and it really stood out. Not sure what platform he was using though.
PR_rambo
(10-27-2017, 12:11 PM)
Walk into the OT like

valkyre
(10-27-2017, 12:12 PM)
Pretty crazy that this is such a big release and we cant even fill one page of feedback...well maybe not so crazy...
Jacob4815
(10-27-2017, 12:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Shari

Light still has many hud elements like the navigation bar on the top, a quest tracker on the left hand side and generally lots of on-screen information.

Minimal fixes that while also taking away health bars, damage indicators, enemies levels, etc which makes it hard to play.

I'd like to have a mix of those modes but I dont know if further customization is available, I didn't find it myself.

Sadly, I think that it's not possible.There was an other user complaining about the lack of customization. It's very disappointing.

Does the "minimal" setting remove the white glares around the NPC? I hate them from the beginning of the saga.
Shari
(10-27-2017, 12:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Jacob4815

Sadly, I think that it's not possible.There was an other user complaining about the lack of customization. It's very disappointing.

Does the "minimal" setting remove the white glares around the NPC? I hate them from the beginning of the saga.

Yes it does. It's the best setting to be honest if not for not being able to see you health, enemies health or level.
weallstink
(10-27-2017, 01:14 PM)
waw, just comparing reseteras OT's with GAFs now really shows the effects of the last week. Thought GAF would still be strongest for gaming related content, guess not. Game looks great btw
BLAUcopter
(10-27-2017, 01:15 PM)

Originally Posted by weallstink

waw, just comparing reseteras OT's with GAFs now really shows the effects of the last week. Thought I'd still come here for gaming related stuff. Guess not. Game looks great btw

Eh it's only 4 pages.
weallstink
(10-27-2017, 01:17 PM)

Originally Posted by BLAUcopter

Eh it's only 4 pages.

Sure I get that, but I mean the quality of the OP's first post, and while yeah it's 4 pages, it's more than here, with some pretty good insights and opinions already
SHAFT MASTER
Banned
(10-27-2017, 01:18 PM)

Sure I get that, but I mean the quality of the OP's first post, and while yeah it's 4 pages, it's more than here, with some pretty good insights and opinions already

You talking about resetera?
weallstink
(10-27-2017, 01:20 PM)

Originally Posted by SHAFT MASTER

You talking about resetera?

yeah, I'm on the fence about which one to use for my gaming news. Maybe it's just because it's the first week so people are putting in the work. But ResetEras topics and OTs are by far better than GAF's (so far) for all the new game releases.
SHAFT MASTER
Banned
(10-27-2017, 01:25 PM)

yeah, I'm on the fence about which one to use for my gaming news. Maybe it's just because it's the first week so people are putting in the work. But ResetEras topics and OTs are by far better than GAF's (so far) for all the new game releases.

Yeah seems all the people who were into doing those elaborate ot's jumped ship. I'll probs join the fun when they have open sign ups.
hiro_x
(10-27-2017, 01:26 PM)
Howís the graphics on OG Xbox One?

Edit: nice OT by the way!
Jelle
(10-27-2017, 01:27 PM)
I totally forgot this game came out. Bought it instantly, I always greatly enjoy the touristy aspect of the Creed games.