• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Chill Penguin
(10-27-2017, 02:43 AM)
Omg the dual OTs are both savage and brilliant.
Mister Wolf
(10-27-2017, 02:45 AM)
Got my copy ordered today. Gotta pull overtime on the Evil Within 2 and get it finished this weekend.
wowzors
(10-27-2017, 02:47 AM)
Does this unlock at 12am?
TwiztidElf
(10-27-2017, 02:55 AM)
I just left with the first kingdom.
I didn't leave as soon as I could. I hung around and explored a bit.
I thought I'd done pretty good, but I only found less than half the stuff.

Yeah, this game is excellent fun.
I have been on a SMO blackout, so lots of nice surprises already.
Dirk Benedict
(10-27-2017, 02:57 AM)

Originally Posted by TLZ

I'm playing on a 4k 55" TV. Can tell the resolution is low at times, but it still looks lovely.

Hehe alright. Get one quick if you can ;)

Oh, I'm working on it. This was The Game I was waiting for, for it.
MrPressStart
(10-27-2017, 03:00 AM)
It sucks because I ended up preordering a digital copy (paid off) from the GameStop. I can go at midnight, but I canít figut why Greg just canít email me the code.
ajim
(10-27-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by TLZ

Got it!

Man this felt like a long wait and it's finally here!

It's beautiful!! Can't wait to pick it up too. Good bye weekend!!
dankir
(10-27-2017, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Chill Penguin

Omg the dual OTs are both savage and brilliant.

Lol just saw.
The JT
(10-27-2017, 03:08 AM)
Going to a "midnight" launch. Can't wait to play it in a few hours.
Jaruru
(10-27-2017, 03:12 AM)
Japanese site, turns the music on/off 37 times and you'll listen to the Japanese version of the theme song

skip the 37 times on/off so here you go

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/aa...abrufrut3p.mp3
DigitalScrap
(10-27-2017, 03:12 AM)
I canít wait to pick up my copy tomorrow morning (yay GCU)!

Iíve intentionally not watched anything other than the original trailer and the ad - Iím going into it without spoilers.

Iím definitely even more hyped after seeing the scores!
TLZ
(10-27-2017, 03:13 AM)

Originally Posted by MasterMenace

Come over to ResetERA! Very active, 677 replies already on same OT there (created by same OP), vs 147 here.

Hope to see you there friend!

It's not like we can just easily sign up. Needs an invite.
jankaveli
(10-27-2017, 03:17 AM)

Originally Posted by TLZ

It's not like we can just easily sign up. Needs an invite.

This
TLZ
(10-27-2017, 03:21 AM)
Man it feels great playing a new 3D Mario again.

My 3 yr old just took the controller off me and won't give it back, lol.
jankaveli
(10-27-2017, 03:22 AM)

Originally Posted by TLZ

Man it feels great playing a new 3D Mario again.

Jelly
Captain_Wreckus
(10-27-2017, 03:23 AM)

Come over to ResetERA! Very active, 677 replies already on same OT there (created by same OP), vs 147 here.

need invite though.
TLZ
(10-27-2017, 03:25 AM)

Originally Posted by jankaveli

Jelly

Not long now :)
Feffe
(10-27-2017, 03:26 AM)

Eh, maybe you can help me with that secret code :p
Metal Link
(10-27-2017, 03:26 AM)
I haven't been this excited for a Mario game in ages.
ArsGoetia
(10-27-2017, 03:29 AM)

That's hard to do without an invite!
Compsiox
(10-27-2017, 03:32 AM)

Originally Posted by ArsGoetia

That's hard to do without an invite!

Registration opens to all tonight. But you guys have nice stuff going on here tooooooo
TLZ
(10-27-2017, 03:38 AM)
Well since my daughter wasn't giving me the joycons back, told her how about we play together? I'll be Mario and she'll be Hatty. She happily obliged and it's quite fun :)
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
(10-27-2017, 03:40 AM)
Loaded and ready (for tomorrow at lunch when it will be the first time Iíll be able to play)
DirtyLarry
(10-27-2017, 04:16 AM)
Well there is hope. Even though Best Buy charged my card early this morning, and I received my shipped email at around 3 PM, it appears it is on track to arrive tomorrow.
Interesting enough it is coming via FedEx, which nothing I have gotten from BestBuy has been shipped via them, and they are also the sketchiest delivering shit to my house, they claim they try but never do (I have security cameras that have shown they never even came), so we shall see.

Really hoping it arrives obviously.
HP_Wuvcraft
Banned
(10-27-2017, 04:17 AM)
Not sure such a serious issue should be poked fun at.
Martinski43
(10-27-2017, 04:18 AM)
Played some and gotten to the sand kingdom. Taken a short break to watch some football and then get some sleep.

This is pure gaming fun. The creative minds at Nintendo is something else man.
ubiblu
(10-27-2017, 04:20 AM)

Invite please.
Coda
(10-27-2017, 04:28 AM)

Any chance to get an invite somewhere? Also I have no idea what my non-free email is anymore.
Smiles and Cries
back to my old
nipples and tits
(10-27-2017, 04:31 AM)
waited a long time for this game about an hour away from download and it is so sad to see how slow this thread is and Switch has no miiverse
Shifty.
(10-27-2017, 04:31 AM)
Shopto delivered my copy a day early, and I'm now 6 kingdoms and ~100 power moons in and loving it. There's so much detail and polish in this game, so many nods to the franchise's history, leitmotifs in the music, all the good stuff. Absolutely fantastic.

And how about that Wooded Kingdom music? Mmmm

Glad I booked myself a long weekend for this, it's going to be a good time.
jrDev
(10-27-2017, 04:34 AM)
I donít like or get the thread title. I thought ď ALL CAPSĒ was the best! :-/
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(10-27-2017, 04:41 AM)
I have 15 power moons in the first level and all 50 purple coins. I have come to the conclusion that this is a good video game.
hwalker84
(10-27-2017, 04:42 AM)

Originally Posted by ubiblu

Invite please.

Is it invitation only?
VICTORsaurio
(10-27-2017, 04:46 AM)
I need a watermelon Mario amiibo (is that even what it is?) it's so cute! Especially when he grows his little legs.
Hero_of_the_Day
(10-27-2017, 04:49 AM)
Definitely digging this game. Definitely not digging the unnecessary motion controls. Not that it is ruining the experience at all, just annoying.
AdanVC
(10-27-2017, 04:51 AM)
Guys, how is THE MUSIC in this game!?? If it has epic and catchy af melodies as past 3D Mario games then I'm gonna faint.
saltyramen
(10-27-2017, 04:52 AM)
Since Amazon is messing up their delivery - can I just go get this at Best Buy right now and return the Amazon copy when I get that?

I got the Amazon one for $40 it's just gonna get here later than expected. Don't know if Best Buy would take it because a SKU or whatever
czk51
(10-27-2017, 04:52 AM)
Played 45 minutes on my lunch break, now wiping my save to go home and start from scratch with my 5 year old. Feels like this is going to be a pretty special memory for him (like when my Mother bought me an Atari 2600 + Yars Revenge many, many years ago)

Awesome game, had a massive grin on my face while playing.
Malechai
(10-27-2017, 04:55 AM)
I think this will be the final push to finally go get a Switch. My poor wallet lol
Shifty.
(10-27-2017, 04:57 AM)

Originally Posted by AdanVC

Guys, how is THE MUSIC in this game!?? If it has epic and catchy af melodies as past 3D Mario games then I'm gonna faint.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Malechai

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

Definitely digging this game. Definitely not digging the unnecessary motion controls. Not that it is ruining the experience at all, just annoying.

Can you give specific examples? Is there an option for non-motion control alternatives? I'm not a big fan myself
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

What I'm not digging is the game assuming you're using motion controls. Like, the game doesn't even tell you how to do the spin attack without motion. It's not hard to figure out but still.
czk51
(10-27-2017, 05:00 AM)

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

What I'm not digging is the game assuming you're using motion controls. Like, the game doesn't even tell you how to do the spin attack without motion. It's not hard to figure out but still.

Yeah I've not used the motion controls but definitely noticed this. It's really quite suggestive in the menus and tutorial that it wants you to use em.
Hero_of_the_Day

Originally Posted by I Wanna Be The Guy

Well, I'm gonna play the fool here and ask how to do the spin attack without? That is actually my main gripe, I thought you couldn't.
TwiztidElf

Originally Posted by AdanVC

The music is incredible.
dolabla
(10-27-2017, 05:02 AM)
Can't wait
WhiskeyKnight
(10-27-2017, 05:05 AM)

Originally Posted by wowzors

Does this unlock at 12am?

I would also like to know what time this unlocks.
Spux666
Banned
(10-27-2017, 05:06 AM)
FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen
Captain_Wreckus
(10-27-2017, 05:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Spux666

FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen FUCK YOU TYLER YOU GIANT TURD BALL AND YOUR FUCKING SHIT ASS WEBSITE! BAN THE FUCK OUT OF ME OR I JUST KEEP SPAMMING THREADS YOU SHITLER. #BelieveWomen

Hope bowser bans your a$$
Black_Red
(10-27-2017, 05:07 AM)
Played like 2 hours, amazing game but the audio went mute for half a second twice, did something like this happened to someone else?
At first I tought it was the classic switch problem when it tries to reconnect to wifi, but the game didnt freeze only the audio (I know, only twice in a couple of hours for less than 1 second total, but still I got kind of worried since I dropped my switch like a month ago, but I havent had problems all this time).