• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

SJRB
Member
(09-15-2017, 01:33 PM)
SJRB's Avatar
60 bucks is pretty hefty.
Planet
Member
(09-15-2017, 01:41 PM)
Planet's Avatar

Originally Posted by SJRB

60 bucks is pretty hefty.

Kinda, but there are always options. You could look for nice offers, for example on Base.com I can order it for €45.18 right now (Amazon.de asks for €67.99!). Or I can just wait a few months longer, check in-depth reviews and probably have a bunch of patches already available, and pay ~€25-30. Probably going for the latter.
astroturfing
Member
(09-15-2017, 01:57 PM)
astroturfing's Avatar
cannot wait. after finishing RE7 in VR i am SO ready for another bigger game to experience in VR.. and what could be better than a massive open world RPG that i loved on PC but never finished or touched the DLC?

please Bethesda nail this one.. i need it to be good. i am ready to spend 500 hours just getting through the main plot (finally) and stopping everywhere to marvel at things while listening to the perfect soundtrack by Soule. oh boy.. walking through the forests at night in VR with "Under an Ancient Sun" playing, getting chills just thinking about it.
Lakuza
Member
(09-15-2017, 03:24 PM)
Lakuza's Avatar
I've read a lot of negative views on this (but alot of these are from journalists/sites that dont review VR content, so it's highly likely that their complaints are with psvr, but since skyrim vr is maybe the first they've played, they are putting the blame on the game). However, it has had negative previews from vr specific sites too so there's definately good reason for concern / caution. I find it really odd since doom vfr in comparison seems to have so much effort put into it, especially since they are charging full price for this too.
Either way, don't expect this to be anywhere close in quality to resident evil 7 vr.

I think the standard controller is gonna be everyone's preference over the ps move on ps4. Blinking around a massive world like skyrim just doesnt work for such a long game. Players will get fed up with teleport/blinking after the first hour or two when you can just walk and run around faster.

Originally Posted by GoldenCrow

I have heard similar and have also heard the total opposite. Poor AI was always a part of standard Skyrim, as was awful combat so I wouldn't expect that to change regardless of the VR version.

In this case the negativity around the AI seems to be thats it dumbed down from the non vr version considerably. Apparently enemies will only attack you one at a time from what I've read.
MattAces
Member
(09-15-2017, 03:29 PM)
MattAces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakuza

I've read a lot of negative views on this (but alot of these are from journalists/sites that dont review VR content, so it's highly likely that their complaints are with psvr, but since skyrim vr is maybe the first they've played, they are putting the blame on the game). However, it has had negative previews from vr specific sites too so there's definately good reason for concern / caution. I find it really odd since doom vfr in comparison seems to have so much effort put into it, especially since they are charging full price for this too.
Either way, don't expect this to be anywhere close in quality to resident evil 7 vr.

I think the standard controller is gonna be everyone's preference over the ps move on ps4. Blinking around a massive world like skyrim just doesnt work for such a long game. Players will get fed up with teleport/blinking after the first hour or two when you can just walk and run around faster.



In this case the negativity around the AI seems to be thats it dumbed down from the non vr version considerably. Apparently enemies will only attack you one at a time from what I've read.

https://uploadvr.com/elder-scrolls-skyrim-vr-preview/
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/06/prev...gs-excitement/
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/06/is-s...worth-getting/
gossi
Member
(09-15-2017, 03:47 PM)
gossi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lakuza

In this case the negativity around the AI seems to be thats it dumbed down from the non vr version considerably. Apparently enemies will only attack you one at a time from what I've read.

I've seen it in action on the shop floor, this just isn't true at all.

They had an early build on display which wasn't finished - menu entries didn't even work for example - but the game itself was the same. Open world, bleak falls barrow had the usual enemies etc. I also don't know what reviews you've been reading.
Freeman76
Member
(09-15-2017, 03:56 PM)
Freeman76's Avatar

Originally Posted by SlipperyFishes

But people have already bought the remastered version on PS4. The upsell to VR should be an add on cost. Not the full cost.

Some people will never understand this logic, no matter how hard you try.

No way am I spending the full amount on this after buying their Legendary Edition. Thieving bastards.
Revolutionary
Member
(09-15-2017, 03:57 PM)
Revolutionary's Avatar
$60... nah.

I'll pick it up around this time next year in a Flash Sale.
Synless
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:00 PM)
Synless's Avatar
Well, I will be waiting until this his $20 flat. No way am I getting this at full price and they are assholes. I would have bought it if it was $30-40 for retail, but because they went ahead and decided to be pricks and charge full price again I will wait until it is dirt cheap.
Godan
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:04 PM)
Godan's Avatar
This has got to be the most re released game ever right? Plus every new release has been at a high price has it not?
Planet
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:06 PM)
Planet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Godan

This has got to be the most re released game ever right?

Oh, you are new to video games? Welcome! XD

Check e.g. this list: http://lists.cheatcc.com/352
belvedere
Junior Butler
(09-15-2017, 04:07 PM)
belvedere's Avatar
Admittedly I didn't spend much time thinking about this, but for a second I actually wondered if it were simply a patch.
GoldenCrow
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:14 PM)
GoldenCrow's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freeman76

Some people will never understand this logic, no matter how hard you try.

No way am I spending the full amount on this after buying their Legendary Edition. Thieving bastards.

Should have done it like Driveclub VR.

i.e. If you own the special edition at release of the VR version you can get the VR version at a discount. Do it for a limited time and they increase sales of people buying both versions around the time of release and people buying the VR/SE version who wouldn't normally. No need to do it long term as sales always bring prices down to make that irrelevant.
ArtHands
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by gossi

The amazing thing I've read a bunch of hands on previews for Skyrim VR and they've all been positive.

I think most if not all of the impressions from the Gamescom demo that I came across are negative
http://nseavoice.com/games/sony-psvr...920027835.html
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58854...svr/index.html
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...-rough-on-psvr
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/prev...d-worst-enemy/

Don't mind the empty world and bad AI but hopefully they will at least find a way to incorporate artificial locomotion to the PS Move. Something like Arizona Sunshine for PSVR at least.
MattAces
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:43 PM)
MattAces's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArtHands

I think most if not all of the impressions from the Gamescom demo that I came across are negative
http://nseavoice.com/games/sony-psvr...920027835.html
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/58854...svr/index.html
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/...-rough-on-psvr
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/08/prev...d-worst-enemy/

Don't mind the empty world and bad AI but hopefully they will at least find a way to incorporate artificial locomotion to the PS Move. Something like Arizona Sunshine for PSVR at least.

How is vrfocus preview negative? Aside from them pointing out snap movement are not that good, they are praising it. Also gamescom demo is E3 demo.
GearFourth
Banned
(09-15-2017, 04:47 PM)
If people want this at least wait it out let it drop to a reasonable price

Especially if you already bought the normal Skyrim SE
Varth
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:49 PM)
Varth's Avatar

Originally Posted by xenorevlis

It supports both. However, even if the Move controllers are locked down to warp, I'm going to use them once in a while. The idea of being able to shoot magic in one direction, while swinging my sword in the opposite direction at a different enemy is just too good to pass up!

So this is the case or not? Everyone saying that its teleport only.
Hazanko
Banned
(09-15-2017, 04:50 PM)
Hazanko's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freeman76

Some people will never understand this logic, no matter how hard you try.

No way am I spending the full amount on this after buying their Legendary Edition. Thieving bastards.

Yeah the price is steep and would have been better at a lower price if bought remaster.
MattAces
Member
(09-15-2017, 04:52 PM)
MattAces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Varth

So this is the case or not? Everyone saying that its teleport only.

The game supports DS4, Full movement and Smooth turning with limited motion control.
You can also play it with 2 PSMove, for now we only know that it has the blinking movement, but during interviews and demo session, they confirmed they are testing as many option as possible to be implemented. That's all.
ArtHands
Member
(09-15-2017, 05:04 PM)

Originally Posted by MattAces

How is vrfocus preview negative? Aside from them pointing out snap movement are not that good, they are praising it. Also gamescom demo is E3 demo.

Its the snap movement that opens up the issues. They said targeting fast moving monsters is hard, and it doesn't lend well with the game's vast landscapes, as well as navigating narrow paths and sharp turns. IGN also said half of the time the right hand and the sword "was floating in the air several feet away"

IGN also praised the near 1:1 real world accuracy of the PS Move, but you will have to trade that in if you choose to play on the gamepad (for smooth movement) instead.

So its essentially a 'pick your poison' situation. Either you use PS move for motion control but no smooth movement, or gamepad for the reverse.They praised the game's lack of motion sickness, and smooth framerate, but looking at their headlines it seems they doesn't sounds very impressed.

Originally Posted by Varth

So this is the case or not? Everyone saying that its teleport only.

Its teleportation only for PS Move, and gamepad for smooth movement. The demo at the trade floors were PS Move only.
MattAces
Member
(09-15-2017, 05:13 PM)
MattAces's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArtHands

So its essentially a 'pick your poison' situation. Either you use PS move for motion control but no smooth movement, or gamepad for the reverse.They praised the game's lack of motion sickness, and smooth framerate, but looking at their headlines it seems they doesn't sounds very impressed.

I do agree that snap camera turning is not great, but the combination of that plus blinking are the reason why they didn't have motion sickness. Bringing up RE7 again, the preview was really bad from E3 2016 because of the smooth movement and smooth camera.

I think it's safe to assume smooth camera will be in the final version but I really do hope that movement like Arizona Sunshine will be there too.
Varth
Member
(09-15-2017, 05:59 PM)
Varth's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattAces

The game supports DS4, Full movement and Smooth turning with limited motion control.
You can also play it with 2 PSMove, for now we only know that it has the blinking movement, but during interviews and demo session, they confirmed they are testing as many option as possible to be implemented. That's all.

Thank you both. So that clears the confusion.
Planet
Member
(09-15-2017, 06:02 PM)
Planet's Avatar
They said it will have options, smooth or snap turning. Which is perfect, because I need snap turning or I won't be able to play for prolonged sessions.
Trogdor1123
Member
(09-15-2017, 07:12 PM)
No walking? I'm out. I literally had both a psvr in my cart lol. Dammit. Come on vr, stop letting me down!
gossi
Member
(09-15-2017, 07:13 PM)
gossi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trogdor1123

No walking? I'm out. I literally had both a psvr in my cart lol. Dammit. Come on vr, stop letting me down!

There is already walking with controller. The Move controllers is currently teleporting, but they're still in development.
MattAces
Member
(09-15-2017, 07:17 PM)
MattAces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trogdor1123

No walking? I'm out. I literally had both a psvr in my cart lol. Dammit. Come on vr, stop letting me down!

Originally Posted by MattAces

The game supports DS4, Full movement and Smooth turning with limited motion control.
You can also play it with 2 PSMove, for now we only know that it has the blinking movement, but during interviews and demo session, they confirmed they are testing as many option as possible to be implemented. That's all.

Originally Posted by MattAces

You can play it like RE7, with DS4, smooth turning and movement.

Originally Posted by xenorevlis

You do. You can play both with DS4 or Move controllers. The teleportation is more like "blinking" because you can blink sideways too, not just forward.

From E3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6czALvauNn4

But just in case you missed it, yes, you can play like a normal Skyrim with DS4 in VR.
Netherscourge
Banned
(09-15-2017, 07:18 PM)
Skyrim has the longest damn legs ever.

And that's with an arrow in the knee.
Maligna
Banned
(09-18-2017, 11:36 PM)
Hoping for some sort of announcement from Sony during TGS on a new type of controller that will make locomotion easier on this game.
gossi
Member
(09-19-2017, 06:37 PM)
gossi's Avatar
Bethesda have this on ABC News (on air) right now, I'm watching.

They just confirmed free movement with PS Move is working now. You can also play sitting down.

Edit: When you level up, you literally look up to the heavens to select your skill tree now. The world map is now a "war room" you are placed in.
Synless
Member
(09-19-2017, 06:40 PM)
Synless's Avatar
I didn't see it though I'm sure someone asked, does this support the farpoint ain contriller?
gossi
Member
(09-19-2017, 06:42 PM)
gossi's Avatar
Lol, on ABC News the presenter used the Move controllers to wave at an NPC - it worked. He could see his hands waving.
MattAces
Member
(09-19-2017, 07:06 PM)
MattAces's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYqb0f553OU
ABC play testing Skyrim VR.

Some (kinda) new info:
- PSMove will support free movement. He confirmed it twice at 6:40 and 9:40.
- Every features and UI are disabled in this demo, but looting and everything will be in.
- You will be looking up at the heaven to spend your skill points.
- World map is redesigned to display in front of you, something like in sci-fi movies AR map.

I will update more as I'm still watching.
*It was a very great preview, the person play testing clearly prepared for it, he knew how to navigate the quick menu and stuff.
bengraven
Member
(09-19-2017, 07:25 PM)
bengraven's Avatar
Considering some of the most popular mods on PC are adult mods, I wonder how many people are wanting to see mods and less restrictions on said mods for VR.

not me of course. Asexual dragonborrrrrn!
Fordfx2
Member
(09-19-2017, 07:31 PM)
Fordfx2's Avatar
No PC versions of Skryim VR??
Planet
Member
(09-19-2017, 07:34 PM)
Planet's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fordfx2

No PC versions of Skryim VR??

Later on there will be, but at start exclusively for PSVR.
Fordfx2
Member
(09-19-2017, 07:35 PM)
Fordfx2's Avatar

Originally Posted by Planet

Later on there will be, but at start exclusively for PSVR.

Thanks, im interested in this but not for $60 plus buying a PSVR when I already own the Vive.
Ninja Scooter
bow down to the
Kings in Raider hats
(09-19-2017, 07:37 PM)
Ninja Scooter's Avatar
Really seems strange to not allow you to carry over your save to the standard PS4 version, even as an option. VR is cool but the rough for extended periods of time. The idea of being able to continue your game outside of VR would make sense to me.
Kurdel
Banned
(09-19-2017, 07:51 PM)
Kurdel's Avatar
Looks a bit janky, will wait for a sale.

That guy giving the demo is a real pro though

Grindlefly
Member
(09-19-2017, 08:02 PM)
Grindlefly's Avatar
Will be buying day one for the third time. Had I known about this last year I probably would have passed on the special edition. Still, this is one of my dream games for psvr (along with oblivion, no man's sky, elite and wing commander)
Conor_Fool
Member
(09-19-2017, 08:31 PM)
Conor_Fool's Avatar

Originally Posted by Banzai

So we need to wait until May-November 2018 for the timed exclusivity to drop, then.
Alright.

Fucking hell. Timed exclusives are trash.

Really want to play this but I'm sure I'll have lost interest once it finally comes to Steam
gpn
Member
(09-19-2017, 09:57 PM)
gpn's Avatar
I'm in day one for this and can't wait, I may even take November 17th off. I have no problem paying full price when I know I'll get over a hundred hours of gameplay like I did with the PS3 and PS4 versions. I just need Fallout 4 and No Man's Sky to be announced for PSVR and I can say goodby real world.
Rain City Gamer
Member
(09-19-2017, 10:17 PM)
Rain City Gamer's Avatar
I had heard that it was teleport only so I wasn't interested. But now that I know it has locomotion with DS4, BACK IN!
Art Vandilay
Member
(09-19-2017, 10:19 PM)
Art Vandilay's Avatar
This is the first time I've wished I had PSVR. How is it with the Pro? Thinking about getting one (a Pro) when/if there's a hardware revision.
notacat
Member
(09-20-2017, 06:31 AM)
notacat's Avatar
Do I have to use my move controllers? Or can I use the dualshock?

Too lazy for move. Also not much space, and the camera doesn't pick up nearly everything I do anyway.

"You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!" - BttF2
Briarios
Member
(09-20-2017, 06:33 AM)
Briarios's Avatar

Originally Posted by notacat

Do I have to use my move controllers? Or can I use the dualshock?

Too lazy for move. Also not much space, and the camera doesn't pick up nearly everything I do anyway.

"You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!" - BttF2

literally two posts above yours lol Yes, you can use DS4
MattAces
Member
(09-20-2017, 06:35 AM)
MattAces's Avatar

Originally Posted by Briarios

literally two posts above yours lol Yes, you can use DS4

We got a perfect OT title here.
notacat
Member
(09-20-2017, 06:35 AM)
notacat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Briarios

literally two posts above yours lol Yes, you can use DS4

Thanks, you understand my level of laziness!
Slermy
Member
(09-20-2017, 06:42 AM)
Slermy's Avatar

Originally Posted by MattAces

We got a perfect OT title here.

I concur.
bengraven
Member
(09-20-2017, 03:11 PM)
bengraven's Avatar
So if you use DS there's no teleport...?
Planet
Member
(09-20-2017, 03:50 PM)
Planet's Avatar

Originally Posted by bengraven

So if you use DS there's no teleport...?

Is it really that hard to find the information that has been given multiple times on this very page? O_o

Thread Tools