• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

EvB
Member
(11-10-2017, 10:33 PM)
EvB's Avatar

Originally Posted by CrazyDutch

Campagne is beautiful. Playing it on my PS4 Pro instead of my Xbox One X and it looks fantastic in 4K HDR.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
NucelarGen
Member
(11-10-2017, 10:35 PM)
NucelarGen's Avatar
Is time for Crysis Enhanced. Come on Phil...
Novak
Member
(11-10-2017, 10:56 PM)
Novak's Avatar
Quantum break was 103GB on my XB1, but after transfer to XB1X it is “only” 83.6GB.
Is X compressing games or maybe it removes 1080p textures/cutscenes?
Can soneone with QT check the size on their X?

BTW game boots and I played first few minutes.
EvB
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:02 PM)
EvB's Avatar

Originally Posted by Novak

Quantum break was 103GB on my XB1, but after transfer to XB1X it is “only” 83.6GB.
Is X compressing games or maybe it removes 1080p textures/cutscenes?
Can soneone with QT check the size on their X?

BTW game boots and I played first few minutes.

Somebody else said something about that too, I wonder if it’s dropped some language files or something
Nikana
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:04 PM)
Nikana's Avatar

Originally Posted by EvB

Somebody else said something about that too, I wonder if it’s dropped some language files or something

I'll have to check this out. I did have this moment where I had my external plugged into that one X and the amount of free space even combined with the larger hard drive of the 1X said to myself I feel like I shouldn't have that much space so maybe there's something to it.
byron_hinson
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:05 PM)
byron_hinson's Avatar

Originally Posted by solis74

yeah I noticed that too.

Turns out they have used the higher textures from the PC version which is due next year for the Xbox One X enhanced release.
f@luS
More than a member.
(11-10-2017, 11:35 PM)

Originally Posted by NucelarGen

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands /Xbox One X

the change is incredible o.0'

It’s n’ont officially enhanced is it ?


Édit : oh it is. How’is The game overall
Dabanton
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:44 PM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by NucelarGen

Is time for Crysis Enhanced. Come on Phil...

Seriously I'd love to play Crysis and Crysis 3 again and Warhead never got a console release.

It would be easy money for Crytek
CRUNT
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:52 PM)
CRUNT's Avatar

Originally Posted by solis74

Lost Odyssey - Xbox One X Backwards Compatibility | 11 Minutes of Gameplay (2160p 60fps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgOv2MQgPk

Could be wrong, but looking at the rest of their videos, it looks like they include in the title whatever the video playback is set to for youtube and not for the games themselves.
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:55 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar
So does FALLOUT 4 have a patch or not? Mine isn't showing but I've seen some people talk about a patch today.
wolgoen
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:03 AM)
Anyone else tried The Evil Within 2?

It’s not listed as HDR enhanced but it looks way better when I force HDR in the TV settings. In Auto it does not enable HDR. I know the Auto setting works as it works with Forza.
Dabanton
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:21 AM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by f@luS

It’s n’ont officially enhanced is it ?


Édit : oh it is. How’is The game overall

I like it. It's busywork but enjoyable for what it is. The world is pretty cool to explore. I play it mostly SP as I'm collecting weapons parts but Co-op is really good fun. If you can get a solid team together.
Segaswirl
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:23 AM)
Segaswirl's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

So does FALLOUT 4 have a patch or not? Mine isn't showing but I've seen some people talk about a patch today.

I'm not seeing it on mine either.
munroe
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Segaswirl

I'm not seeing it on mine either.

Likewise. Ran the game to see if it would pick it up, nope. Reset console, nope.
solis74
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by byron_hinson

Turns out they have used the higher textures from the PC version which is due next year for the Xbox One X enhanced release.

Must be, I keep looking at the outfits and they are so rich and realistic.
munroe
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Norse

What if it's a dynamic resolution game? Don't those just scale to the hardware's power? Like halo 5?

Halo 5 got a patch so it was able to go higher. Watch this video by Digital Foundry until the end https://youtu.be/jYuvL6bO04Q?t=13m5s

Some quotes:

"Battlefield scales dynamically out of the box up to around 1000p"

"Yeah those 900p games will still be 900p without a bespoke patch"
Unity2012
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:51 AM)
Unity2012's Avatar

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

So does FALLOUT 4 have a patch or not? Mine isn't showing but I've seen some people talk about a patch today.

Originally Posted by Segaswirl

I'm not seeing it on mine either.

I got an update for it but I can't find any information about it. If anyone knows please let us know what's on today's update. The game still does not show on my Enhanced list.
SlipperyMoose
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:55 AM)
SlipperyMoose's Avatar
I would like to see a Fortnite enhanced patch. I know that isn't the most graphically intense game but it would certainly help seeing people from long distances. Especially if they are a motherfucking moving bush -_-
HeisenbergFX4
Member
(11-11-2017, 02:00 AM)
HeisenbergFX4's Avatar

Originally Posted by SlipperyMoose

I would like to see a Fortnite enhanced patch. I know that isn't the most graphically intense game but it would certainly help seeing people from long distances. Especially if they are a motherfucking moving bush -_-


I really want Fortnite patched.

Game looks amazing in 4k on the PC but really want to switch to the X because I have died a few too many times on PC that I am quite sure is to hackers.
AmyS
Member
(11-11-2017, 02:27 AM)
I didn't realize the X1X Enhanced patch for Project Cars 2 was already out.

But this, is not good to hear.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...e-bottom-line/

That's not as bad as Project CARS 2, whose official Xbox One X patch has shockingly dropped performance well below a guaranteed 60fps lock. The game appears to have been given a slight bump in texture and shadow quality, along with a nominal resolution boost—not quite 4K, possibly in the 1600p or 1800p ranges. Here's the thing: the pre-patched version could finally get close to a 60fps lock in stormy, reflection-filled downpours, which proved that the console really could make older games run better even if they hadn't been optimized. The game's Xbox One X patch, on the other hand, drags these races back down to a stuttering refresh somewhere in the mid-40s. That's bad enough, but we also reproduced screen tear and stuttering on normal, sunny courses, on which the pre-patch PC2 had established a crisp 60fps lock on Xbox One X. There's some serious WTF-ness going on there.

Worse, the update introduces atrocious screen tearing in both instances. Now, when PC2 buckles under the rendering pressure, its tears appear smack-dab in the middle of the screen. That's bizarre, because PC2 originally limited these tears to the top of the screen. It was a nifty trick to reduce impact during those rare, rainy races. That tweak appears to be gone, and players currently cannot go into a menu and undo this graphical update. PC2 needs a patch for its patch, and stat. Until then, its players on PC and PS4 Pro get a better experience.

WTF seriously? Slightly Mad Studios should be ashamed of themselves.
Bizzquik
Member
(11-11-2017, 03:59 AM)
Bizzquik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unity2012

I got an update for it but I can't find any information about it. If anyone knows please let us know what's on today's update. The game still does not show on my Enhanced list.

LB + RB + START + SELECT on the game...but XEN = False.

So to answer your question - No, the Enhancement patch is not out yet. I don't know why the Gaffer kept stressing the patch was out today when there is literally no evidence to support this...and all the evidence to the contrary. Bad form.
Isurus
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:14 AM)
Isurus's Avatar
Has there been any word of when Fortnite will get an update? Game is a blurry mess right now.
razzel
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:30 AM)
Agents of Mayhem patched today as well
Unity2012
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:34 AM)
Unity2012's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bizzquik

LB + RB + START + SELECT on the game...but XEN = False.

So to answer your question - No, the Enhancement patch is not out yet. I don't know why the Gaffer kept stressing the patch was out today when there is literally no evidence to support this...and all the evidence to the contrary. Bad form.

Thank you. I'll keep in mind the button press combination next time. Thank you
footlocksean
Member
(11-11-2017, 08:26 AM)
footlocksean's Avatar
Any enhanced for honor impressions? Good upgrade? On sale for $10 on amazon atm
Fortinbras
Member
(11-11-2017, 09:11 AM)
Fortinbras's Avatar

Originally Posted by AmyS

I didn't realize the X1X Enhanced patch for Project Cars 2 was already out.

But this, is not good to hear.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...e-bottom-line/


WTF seriously? Slightly Mad Studios should be ashamed of themselves.

This is not true. I've been playing PC2 a lot on my X and the game runs great. Some very minor dips from 60 fps when racing in thunderstorm with 31 AI drivers but that's it.

Ian Bell also says this is not true.

There is a small bug however in the X update which will be fixed in the next patch.
byron_hinson
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:19 AM)
byron_hinson's Avatar

Originally Posted by footlocksean

Any enhanced for honor impressions? Good upgrade? On sale for $10 on amazon atm

Didn't think it had an enhanced patch
scently
Member
(11-11-2017, 10:23 AM)
scently's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fortinbras

This is not true. I've been playing PC2 a lot on my X and the game runs great. Some very minor dips from 60 fps when racing in thunderstorm with 31 AI drivers but that's it.

Ian Bell also says this is not true.

There is a small bug however in the X update which will be fixed in the next patch.

Can you link me to Ian Bell's quote?
Marvel
could never
(11-11-2017, 11:40 AM)
Marvel's Avatar

Originally Posted by byron_hinson

Didn't think it had an enhanced patch

It's coming. Dunno when though... hopefully soon.
NucelarGen
Member
(11-11-2017, 11:46 AM)
NucelarGen's Avatar
Rise of the tomb Raider amazing !
Granty666uk
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 12:11 PM)
Granty666uk's Avatar
Anyone popped in Infinite warefare now it’s added to the enhanced list ??
solis74
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:48 PM)

Originally Posted by NucelarGen

Rise of the tomb Raider amazing !

going to pick that up soon :)
BigDaddyDavee
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 01:02 PM)
Yeah. Luckily it is one of the many games that I own from Xbox One that I never played so it is like having a new game for me.

It looks very good and some of the cut scenes are very telling. They haven't all been updated so you go from UHD gameplay to XO cut scene quality at times. You really do see the difference as the cut scene is blurry as hell. There was one specifically not long after you go to space and talk to 'some people' about 'something'. Sorry for the ambiguity but I am not following the story at all, as is usual with all COD games for me.

Originally Posted by Granty666uk

Anyone popped in Infinite warefare now it’s added to the enhanced list ??

Fortinbras
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:25 PM)
Fortinbras's Avatar

Originally Posted by scently

Can you link me to Ian Bell's quote?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1417777
MaximusPayne
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:04 PM)
MaximusPayne's Avatar
I don't remember AC Unity being this smooth. It's still soft but no frame tears or drops. It still holds up pretty well too for a 2014 game. Would be cool to see a patch just to see how good it could look on this system.
Gitaroo
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:27 PM)
Did they ever released the 20th anniversary edition of rise of the tomb raider physically for xbox? Everywhere I check only offers the regular copy.
JP
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:43 PM)
JP's Avatar
I've long been a fan of what Microsoft has done with their back compatibility but what they've done with their enhanced backwards compatible games is absolutely incredible. The issue that I have now is that there is such a gap between the ones that have been enhanced and the ones that haven't, I really want their priority now to be to enhance the games that are already available.

They've really changed my mind on this stuff now but I'm not actually sure if I'd be willing to buy a backwards compatible game without these improvements.
scently
Member
(11-11-2017, 05:50 PM)
scently's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gitaroo

Did they ever released the 20th anniversary edition of rise of the tomb raider physically for xbox? Everywhere I check only offers the regular copy.

No I don't think so. You have to buy the dlc I think.
T Ghost
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:11 PM)
T Ghost's Avatar
Assassin's Creed Origins image looks cloudy/foggy/washed out all the time, any time of the day/night.

I'm on a KS8000 (US) using regular settings for HDR gaming (backlight 20, contrast 100, Smart LED and Dynamic Contrast High, gamma -1, etc.).

In the game settings, I have max luminance at 1100 and paper white at 120.

Is this how the game actually is supposed to look like?

funcojoe
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:15 PM)

Originally Posted by T Ghost

Assassin's Creed Origins image looks cloudy/foggy/washed out all the time, any time of the day/night.

I'm on a KS8000 (US) using regular settings for HDR gaming (backlight 20, contrast 100, Smart LED and Dynamic Contrast High, gamma -1, etc.).

In the game settings, I have max luminance at 1100 and paper white at 120.

Is this how the game actually is supposed to look like?



Yep, lots of dusty sand back then i guess lol. I noticed this as well.
solis74
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:26 PM)

Originally Posted by MaximusPayne

I don't remember AC Unity being this smooth. It's still soft but no frame tears or drops. It still holds up pretty well too for a 2014 game. Would be cool to see a patch just to see how good it could look on this system.

indeed.
Bryan Newman
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:27 PM)
Bryan Newman's Avatar
CoD WW2 still not showing on my Enhanced list.

Anybody know what’s up?
solis74
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:34 PM)
Mafia III Runs at 1728P on XB1X with Extra Graphics Enhancements; No Plan To Bring HDR On PS4/PC

Also improved graphical quality for various rendering features, including SSAO, Geometry Detail, Shadows and Volumetric Effects.

https://wccftech.com/mafia-iii-1720p...xtra-graphics/
VCALMLIKEABOMBV
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 06:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Bryan Newman

CoD WW2 still not showing on my Enhanced list.

Anybody know what’s up?

It should be there after you downloaded the 1gb patch for XB1X.
Space_nut
Member
(11-11-2017, 06:57 PM)
Space_nut's Avatar

Originally Posted by solis74

Mafia III Runs at 1728P on XB1X with Extra Graphics Enhancements; No Plan To Bring HDR On PS4/PC

Also improved graphical quality for various rendering features, including SSAO, Geometry Detail, Shadows and Volumetric Effects.

https://wccftech.com/mafia-iii-1720p...xtra-graphics/

This console :)
dreamcastfan
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:12 PM)
dreamcastfan's Avatar
Playing Tomb Raider HFR mode, and During gameplay, have yet to see any drops/slowdown.. Anyone else? Made it through to the stress test level with the water and collapsing columns, but it seemed rock solid.. Anyone else?
razzel
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:42 PM)
I thought Fallout 4 was patched? Rented today and doesn’t show as enhanced
NucelarGen
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:46 PM)
NucelarGen's Avatar

Originally Posted by dreamcastfan

Playing Tomb Raider HFR mode, and During gameplay, have yet to see any drops/slowdown.. Anyone else? Made it through to the stress test level with the water and collapsing columns, but it seemed rock solid.. Anyone else?

I only had problems with the HDR
Poppyseed
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:46 PM)

Originally Posted by T Ghost

Assassin's Creed Origins image looks cloudy/foggy/washed out all the time, any time of the day/night.

I'm on a KS8000 (US) using regular settings for HDR gaming (backlight 20, contrast 100, Smart LED and Dynamic Contrast High, gamma -1, etc.).

In the game settings, I have max luminance at 1100 and paper white at 120.

Is this how the game actually is supposed to look like?

Your picture isn't working for me. On my LG C7, the game looks fantabulous. Not cloudy/washed out at all. Can you re-upload?
solis74
Member
(11-11-2017, 07:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Space_nut

This console :)

:)

Thread Tools