Anteo
(10-24-2017, 07:30 PM)
Im not there //;
Betty
The vision that was Planted in my brain
Does not still remain
(10-24-2017, 07:33 PM)

Originally Posted by afternoon delight

I would like you all to come to ResetERA when it launches.

Whenever they open registration to people not in the main Discord I'm sure you'll see a lot of familiar faces return.
takriel
(10-24-2017, 07:33 PM)
No invitation as of yet for me.
NKnight7
(10-24-2017, 07:35 PM)
I haven't gotten one either yet.
UpDownLeftRight
Banned
(10-24-2017, 07:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Gartooth

No invites yet on my end to the Nintendo Discord. I am in the general GAF one though.

Fair enough. It may be getting glossed over but for any of you who already have access to any other sub communities will have a clear road ahead. I'd suggest for any who aren't in one already try other communities they're a part of too or other visible Nintendo threads as in 3 goes I don't think I've had any luck getting the post noticed.
valinthyne
(10-24-2017, 07:40 PM)
Aw man, I didnt know there was a NintendoGAF discord. Probably would have been one I actually kept up on.

Can totally understand if I cant get in but if an invite is possible that would be amazing. Its so weird not having a place to read/discuss stuff anymore :\
UpDownLeftRight
Banned
(10-24-2017, 07:50 PM)
Ok so the Nintendo discord is currently locked. Probably due to 4chan trying to raid all the discord servers. I can say for sure though that the mods and admins are aware there are stragglers here now so if they can open up invites at some point in sure they'll have your backs.
Mumford
(10-24-2017, 07:59 PM)
Would like to be invited to the NintendoGAF Discord as well; thanks all. ^Nevermind, just saw the post above me. I'd still love an invite when everything settles down though, I didn't know a NintendoGAF Discord existed.

You'll see me in a new Era
Megatron
(10-24-2017, 08:05 PM)
What's the current speed record for this? Is it 39 min, 25 seconds? Is speedrun.com where you go to see that? I watched one that was like 39 minutes, 38 seconds yesterday. Pretty great stuff.
takriel
(10-24-2017, 08:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Megatron

What's the current speed record for this? Is it 39 min, 25 seconds? Is speedrun.com where you go to see that? I watched one that was like 39 minutes, 38 seconds yesterday. Pretty great stuff.

Watch the All Dungeons one, it's much more impressive and entertaining!
FuzzyAssassin
(10-24-2017, 09:44 PM)
Once everything dies down, I'd love an invite to the NintendoGAF Discord.
Vitet
(10-25-2017, 01:10 PM)
This game keeps amazing me months later lol
https://twitter.com/daniel_as_frick/...36914787721216
takriel
(10-25-2017, 01:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Vitet

Holy shit that's so awesome!
afternoon delight
Eat shit and die, Ricky!
Eat shit and live, Bill.
(10-25-2017, 04:50 PM)
Wow ******** is blocked, how incredibly, maddeningly petty.

Anyways there will be a place soon where this discussion can continue if youíd like. It will be open soon enough- theyíre working on securing it now. Iíll let everyone know as soon as there are details to share because I donít know shit!
Recreat3
(10-25-2017, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Vitet

That is awesome.

I just made the trek up mt lanaryu and i cant believe i didnt do it earlier. I was in awe when i saw the dragon covered in malice flying around. Woww
That Damn Kid
(10-26-2017, 03:26 AM)
I got one of those Zelda posters at Gamestop recently. Looks kind of nice in my Zelda display. Wish it was a little wider but oh well.

I am also looking into replacing the batter operated led lights at the top with a light that is powered by USB. It would be neat if I could have it turn on when the Switch is on, which is located near this display.

Rex_DX
(11-05-2017, 07:23 PM)
If anyone is still here, could you refer me to a similar thread at ResetERA?

Thanks.
OrionFalls
(11-06-2017, 09:00 AM)
Iíve just started playing this. Whatís the best play style to adopt?
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-06-2017, 02:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Rex_DX

If anyone is still here, could you refer me to a similar thread at ResetERA?

Thanks.

I don't think there is one. It fell in that gap just after nearly everyone finishing the game. I miss it.

Originally Posted by OrionFalls

Iíve just started playing this. Whatís the best play style to adopt?

Really, take it slow. Explore a lot and don't rush. Because if you do rush it you will regret it later. If you are distracted by something, go with whatever distracts you.

I did the whole thing in layers. All towers - all maps, all towns that I could see on the maps and so on. But I missed a ridiculously huge amount on the way and wish that I had slowed down earlier. Hell, it took me 310 hours to get around to defeating Ganon and I still wish I had taken it slower!
Rex_DX
(11-06-2017, 03:38 PM)

Originally Posted by phisheep

I don't think there is one. It fell in that gap just after nearly everyone finishing the game. I miss it!

I feel you. I had this game on Wii U at launch but it never clicked. Then I bought a Switch in April but proceeded to work 70 hours a week until recently so Iím finally getting into this.

Seems like I missed the timing as far as discussion goes. Iím not going to beg to be banned here or anything but I do miss active forums. The shitty thing is I donít have an ďapprovedĒ email address anymore so all I can do is lurk the new forum.
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-06-2017, 04:42 PM)

I feel you. I had this game on Wii U at launch but it never clicked. Then I bought a Switch in April but proceeded to work 70 hours a week until recently so Iím finally getting into this.

Seems like I missed the timing as far as discussion goes. Iím not going to beg to be banned here or anything but I do miss active forums. The shitty thing is I donít have an ďapprovedĒ email address anymore so all I can do is lurk the new forum.

Hey, happy to keep this one spinning (slowly) even if it is just the two of us. Better than nothing. I've beat Ganon but still have a whole heap of stuff to do and am still discovering surprising things - not that I can remember where many of them are ...
OrionFalls
(11-06-2017, 05:11 PM)

Really, take it slow. Explore a lot and don't rush. Because if you do rush it you will regret it later. If you are distracted by something, go with whatever distracts you.

I did the whole thing in layers. All towers - all maps, all towns that I could see on the maps and so on. But I missed a ridiculously huge amount on the way and wish that I had slowed down earlier. Hell, it took me 310 hours to get around to defeating Ganon and I still wish I had taken it slower!

I am a sucker for exploring so this will be no different but I was asking more about combat, etc. Do I want to go all in or is the game a lot like Dark Souls?
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-06-2017, 05:36 PM)

I am a sucker for exploring so this will be no different but I was asking more about combat, etc. Do I want to go all in or is the game a lot like Dark Souls?

I wouldn't know about Dark Souls - never played it. Also, I'm pretty bad at combat. My primary early-game skill in BOTW was running away.

That said, you'll learn more and faster if you go all-in on enemies from the beginning. Sure, you'll die a lot, but you'll also learn about what to not do.

The only lesson I learned in late game that I wish I had cottoned on to earlier is that your most powerful weapon is an empty weapon slot. If you can steal an enemy's weapon he can't use it against you, and you win twice over.
OrionFalls
(11-06-2017, 06:15 PM)

I wouldn't know about Dark Souls - never played it. Also, I'm pretty bad at combat. My primary early-game skill in BOTW was running away.

That said, you'll learn more and faster if you go all-in on enemies from the beginning. Sure, you'll die a lot, but you'll also learn about what to not do.

The only lesson I learned in late game that I wish I had cottoned on to earlier is that your most powerful weapon is an empty weapon slot. If you can steal an enemy's weapon he can't use it against you, and you win twice over.

Iíll bear that in mind! Merci :)

Is the Master Sword a post game reward?
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-06-2017, 06:44 PM)

Iíll bear that in mind! Merci :)

Is the Master Sword a post game reward?

No, you get it in the course of the game. It is one of the few things that has a prerequisite before you can get it - but first you gotta find the thing! You'll get a few clues from NPCs if you talk to them all.
ChuyMasta
(11-06-2017, 08:05 PM)
Any updates on the second DLC?
It's november already
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-06-2017, 09:12 PM)
Handwavy rumours of November 23rd - nothing to be relied on.

Guess I'll have to tackle the Trial of the Sword instead (gulp).
Caelus
(11-07-2017, 05:59 PM)

Unexpected, but it still fits with the game's aesthetic somehow!
Rex_DX
(11-07-2017, 09:18 PM)

Hey, happy to keep this one spinning (slowly) even if it is just the two of us. Better than nothing. I've beat Ganon but still have a whole heap of stuff to do and am still discovering surprising things - not that I can remember where many of them are ...

Sounds good to me. I hate that we split forums. Itís like the social equivalent of paid DLC maps for a multiplayer game. Splitting the user base is bad for everyone.

Itís funny how so many decry the ownership of GAF yet continue to (okay, I assume) buy things from companies like amazon and Walmart.

On topic Iím back to parity with where I was on the Wii U edition. Just beat the Divine Beast Vah Ruta. First one down! Only this time I discovered a hell of a lot of stuff I never did the first go around. Like the dragon on top of Mount Lanayru. That whole fight was amazing and I only made it by the seat of my pants. I ended up sprinting into the shine with my health ticking down to one heart due my cold-resist items being down to ten seconds left upon killing the calamity.

I was literally freezing to death as the cutscene played and was like ďokay, please finish talking because Iím literally dying here!Ē Such a great moment though. If only for the shear timing of surviving it. With the help of a clutch and completely luck-based 100-meter sniper shot to an eyeball.
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-07-2017, 10:04 PM)

Just beat the Divine Beast Vah Ruta. First one down! Only this time I discovered a hell of a lot of stuff I never did the first go around.

Don't forget to revisit the route to Zora's domain and all the stuff around it now that it's not raining. It's a really pleasant area and relatively peaceful. Also easier to shoot things now you can actually see them! I only remembered to go back there last week. There's just so much I've missed!

I spent about 6 hours just exploring one mountain.
Rex_DX
(11-08-2017, 12:02 AM)

Don't forget to revisit the route to Zora's domain and all the stuff around it now that it's not raining. It's a really pleasant area and relatively peaceful. Also easier to shoot things now you can actually see them! I only remembered to go back there last week. There's just so much I've missed!

I spent about 6 hours just exploring one mountain.

Really? One mountain? Iíve got to do that. Unfortunately I reverted the the path I took on the Wii U version. South to Lurelin Village and then west along the beach into the jungle. Iím contemplating just saying no to the old habit and plunging north into the desert or Rito territory. Never been to either and Iím excited. Itís so nice to have time for video games again!
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-08-2017, 12:40 AM)

Really? One mountain?

Not telling you which one though. (Though re-reading my post, I may have misled you - the Zora's Domain paragraph and the mountain paragraph are independent of each other).
Rex_DX
(11-08-2017, 01:18 AM)
I appreciate that.
Rex_DX
(11-08-2017, 01:39 AM)
I tend to take these games extremely slowly and try to extract as much as possible out of them so it may take me an expanse of time to find said mountain. Fair warning.
phisheep
NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
(11-08-2017, 06:35 AM)
In that case, we are kindred spirits. I spent 870 hours in Endless Ocean.