• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

piratethingy
Self professed bad raider
(11-10-2017, 05:01 PM)
piratethingy's Avatar

Originally Posted by dyergram

You need proof or you have no problem believing it you can't have both lol. Also there's no proof comming it's their word against his or their word against his silence depending on how he plays it.

man i love how frustrating watching these guys go down must be for some people

#noproof lol
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-10-2017, 05:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Cyframe

No offense but it's not the easiest thing in the world to report sexual misconduct. Life is not law and order when you talk to police and greviences are taken seriously.

Both men and women are hesitant to come out with these accounts because sexual harassment and assault aren't taken seriously.

When we have others coming forward people feel empowered, that's why we see new stories almost daily now. Sexual harassment is very common, and people would just have to ask female friends or relatives to understand.

If these allegations are true and he did strip down nude to masturbate, I don't know how anyone can hand wave it with "at least he asked". That's sexual misconduct.

Is it though?

I tend to agree but where's the book on this? Where does making advances end and sexual harrassment begin?

It seems like a no-win situation in a lot of cases especially since, in some cases, it could have been fine at the time but after the relationship soured then suddenly, retroactively, it becomes harrassment because now it's unwanted.

And how can the accused like Louis C.K. - who I happen to dislike, btw - possibly explain to the masses his side of the story or the little details that maybe change the entire complexion of the incidents.

This is some tough stuff. We all naturally sympathize with accuser but there maybe situations where the accused deserves sympathy, too.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 05:06 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
Not sure what to think here, seems like a lot kink shaming going on and but LCK did seem to cross some lines in that NyT article.
oliander
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 05:12 PM)
oliander's Avatar

Originally Posted by ASAP

Not sure what to think here, seems like a lot kink shaming going on and but LCK did seem to cross some lines in that NyT article.

Hmm. Is it kink-shaming if he wants to be laughed at?
WorriedCitizen
Member
(11-10-2017, 05:14 PM)
WorriedCitizen's Avatar
It's highly unprofesional and doing it to people he has power over is what makes it really bad imo.

Having a kinky fetish is ok, just don't force it on others who might not share your interest. Ther's things like swinger clubs for people like him and certainly he could have afforded to pay an escort or someone along those lines to watch him. To a point i get his frustration, like if you have this fetish, how do you even go about asking people to watch you masturbate without causing a disturbance to anyone? But we all have a brain and can control our urges if we want to. And shouldn't even take half a brain to figure out to leave this out of professional relationships.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 05:15 PM)
ASAP's Avatar

Originally Posted by oliander

Hmm. Is it kink-shaming if he wants to be laughed at?

You’ll have to ask him.

I’m not here to kink shame.

People are way too insecure to show their kinks.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(11-10-2017, 05:17 PM)
Grizzlyjin's Avatar
The distributor dropped the movie: http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-orch...dy-1202205610/

Chloe Grace Moretz also walked away from doing press for it two weeks ago.
Blam
Member
(11-10-2017, 05:27 PM)
Blam's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grizzlyjin

The distributor dropped the movie: http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-orch...dy-1202205610/

Chloe Grace Moretz also walked away from doing press for it two weeks ago.

WOW
GAR-OU
Member
(11-10-2017, 05:30 PM)
GAR-OU's Avatar
This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 05:43 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
At the end of the day

If you’ve committed acts of sexual assault

Come clean, y’all about it, show some form of empathy and show that you’ve attempted to rehabilitate and improve yourself

I’ve seen none of these Hollywood abuser show one once of remorse or awareness of who they were.

Maybe CK can show how it’s done. Suck cuz I like the guy, but fuck you if you are not trying to be better
The Hermit
Member
(11-10-2017, 05:44 PM)
The Hermit's Avatar

Originally Posted by family_guy

The dude draws his comedic material from his personal life. Now people are shocked?

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me. He seems to have a masturbation problem too, which was directly referenced in his first season.

https://youtu.be/apc85Cp4lQQ

He is my favorite modern comedian, but he was going too weird in the last years
BarringGaffner
Member
(11-10-2017, 05:55 PM)
BarringGaffner's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

hypocrites = burn
Trump = fine

It's the hypocrisy that is bad, not all that they did.
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-10-2017, 06:01 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

yo, your guy sucks too.
Night Angel
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:00 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar
So exposing myself to relative strangers is OK if it's my kink?

Nah.
BanditoMac
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:18 PM)
BanditoMac's Avatar

Originally Posted by ASAP

Not sure what to think here, seems like a lot kink shaming going on and but LCK did seem to cross some lines in that NyT article.

This has 0 to do with kink-shaming.

This is about sexual (mis)conduct with unwilling participants.
sans_pants
avec_pénis
(11-10-2017, 07:40 PM)
sans_pants's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

Yikes

I voted for a sexual assaulter/rapist but at least he's not a hypocrit
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(11-10-2017, 07:46 PM)
Grizzlyjin's Avatar
He just issued a statement

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ries-are-true/

dysonEA
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:48 PM)
dysonEA's Avatar

Originally Posted by sans_pants

Yikes

I voted for a sexual assaulter/rapist but at least he's not a hypocrit

You talking about how you voted for Clinton?
KNT-Zero
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:56 PM)
KNT-Zero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grizzlyjin

He just issued a statement

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ries-are-true/

Welp, while there is no excuse for his actions, this seems like a really noble way to address it. Most people would just try to deny it or downplay it.
Grizzlyjin
Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
(11-10-2017, 08:02 PM)
Grizzlyjin's Avatar

Originally Posted by KNT-Zero

Welp, while there is no excuse for his actions, this seems like a really noble way to address it. Most people would just try to deny it or downplay it.

Yeah, I think his statement was one of the better ones. Been a whole lot to compare to recently...

Jeremy Piven has been going full on NOPE. Said he'd take a lie detector test and everything. Granted, maybe the allegations against him aren't true (been rumors of him being a pig for a decade plus but whatever). But if someone hits him with facts, any apology will be meaningless.
BANGS
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:05 PM)
BANGS's Avatar
What a shame to build up such a career only to toss it all away...
Real Hero
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:14 PM)
Real Hero's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

trump is one of them you utter goon
llien
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:25 PM)
llien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cyframe

No offense but it's not the easiest thing in the world to report sexual misconduct. Life is not law and order when you talk to police and greviences are taken seriously.

Both men and women are hesitant to come out with these accounts because sexual harassment and assault aren't taken seriously.

In which country are sexual harassment and assault not taken seriously, seriously?
I think it indeed is it is hard to come out, but certainly not for this reason.
BANGS
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:33 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by llien

In which country are sexual harassment and assault not taken seriously, seriously?
I think it indeed is it is hard to come out, but certainly not for this reason.

For some reason people think that if the police don't immediately believe your story and handcuff the person you accuse within seconds, you're not being taken seriously enough...

But yeah in reality sexual harassment and especially assault are extremely serious crimes...
sans_pants
avec_pénis
(11-10-2017, 08:45 PM)
sans_pants's Avatar

Originally Posted by BANGS

For some reason people think that if the police don't immediately believe your story and handcuff the person you accuse within seconds, you're not being taken seriously enough...

But yeah in reality sexual harassment and especially assault are extremely serious crimes...

Unless your rapist is a football player, or has a bright future ahead of him, etc
ghostwritingduck
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by llien

In which country are sexual harassment and assault not taken seriously, seriously?
I think it indeed is it is hard to come out, but certainly not for this reason.

Did you buy into Trump’s locker room talk?
DorkyMohr
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:58 PM)
DorkyMohr's Avatar

Originally Posted by BANGS

For some reason people think that if the police don't immediately believe your story and handcuff the person you accuse within seconds, you're not being taken seriously enough...

But yeah in reality sexual harassment and especially assault are extremely serious crimes...

you're bad at this
fordian
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 09:13 PM)
I liked his statement. I think he'll come back from this.

Seems like a series of misinterpretations and misread signals on his part, I don't think he's a real predator. Just made some dumb mistakes.
HellforLeather
Member
(11-10-2017, 09:59 PM)
HellforLeather's Avatar
Well at least he owned up to it, but if it is true that he got consent each time its kinda left me wondering....as a famous person, how do you navigate these scenarios at all? How would you know if someone feels like you are pressuring them into giving consent because of who you are or if the genuinely are ok with the situation? I would think that body language would tell you the difference but possibly not every time.

Even if someone acted like they enjoyed the whole scenario its still possible that they would just be acting that way because thats what they think the person with status would want.

I think he will probably come back from this as well. He owned up to his mistakes and his transgressions werent at the same level as say, Bill Cosby or Kevin Spacey.
oliander
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 10:26 PM)
oliander's Avatar

Originally Posted by HellforLeather

Well at least he owned up to it, but if it is true that he got consent each time its kinda left me wondering....as a famous person, how do you navigate these scenarios at all? How would you know if someone feels like you are pressuring them into giving consent because of who you are or if the genuinely are ok with the situation? I would think that body language would tell you the difference but possibly not every time.

Honestly, I think the best thing for these famous or powerful people to do is to get their rocks off within committed relationships. That elevates their partner up as an equal, at least emotionally, and has a lot less room for misinterpretation. It would also make them a lot more admirable, at least in my eyes.

The psychology for casual sexual encounters is all fucked up at that level, and where a lot of these problems seem to stem from.
Ancient Dragon
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 10:29 PM)
Ancient Dragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

Indeed
BANGS
Member
(11-10-2017, 10:31 PM)
BANGS's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

"I flew my private jet over here as fast as I could to lecture you on global warming!"
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 10:37 PM)
ASAP's Avatar

Originally Posted by BanditoMac

This has 0 to do with kink-shaming.

This is about sexual (mis)conduct with unwilling participants.

Some of those acts described were consensual.
HStallion
Now what's the next step in your master plan?
(11-10-2017, 10:47 PM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

"My sexual molester is better than your sexual molester" Some of you aren't even trying anymore.
GalacticAE
Member
(11-10-2017, 10:48 PM)
GalacticAE's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

This is why myself and so many Trump supporters scoffed at Hollywood elites who criticized Trump for being mean and sexist. Many of those same Hollywood critics are likely sexual deviants or overall degenerates themselves. I very much enjoy seeing hypocritical people like that burn.

Now we have an immoral and hypocritical moron as president. Makes sense. We can watch his presidency burn too.
HellforLeather
Member
(11-10-2017, 10:56 PM)
HellforLeather's Avatar

Originally Posted by HStallion

"My sexual molester is better than your sexual molester" Some of you aren't even trying anymore.

That's not what he was saying....at all. He was basically saying that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

It is hypocritical of the Hollywood elite to grand stand their moral superiority about Trump when so many of them have been exposed as sexual predators and perverts. The fact that so many people knew exactly what was going on and did nothing is especially egregious. BUT nobody should be using Hollywood's blatant hypocrisy to wave away Trump's indiscretions
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(11-10-2017, 11:38 PM)
mckmas8808's Avatar

Originally Posted by jufonuk

Can’t anyone who is famous keep it in their pants or not act like a deranged pervert ?

It's so weird to see so many guys have NO CONTROL of themselves.
HStallion
Now what's the next step in your master plan?
(11-10-2017, 11:38 PM)
HStallion's Avatar

Originally Posted by HellforLeather

That's not what he was saying....at all. He was basically saying that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

It is hypocritical of the Hollywood elite to grand stand their moral superiority about Trump when so many of them have been exposed as sexual predators and perverts. The fact that so many people knew exactly what was going on and did nothing is especially egregious. BUT nobody should be using Hollywood's blatant hypocrisy to wave away Trump's indiscretions

Yeah and when you use Trump as your example in such a comparison your point basically becomes moot.
GAR-OU
Member
(11-10-2017, 11:55 PM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by Real Hero

trump is one of them you utter goon

Originally Posted by HStallion

"My sexual molester is better than your sexual molester" Some of you aren't even trying anymore.

Call Trump whatever you want, at least he's not a hypocrite and doesn't pretend to be any sort of morally righteous person. He's an asshole, but an honest asshole that doesn't apologize for being so. That's part of his appeal and why he was able to get away with all his controversies that would have buried literally any other politician.
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(11-11-2017, 12:05 AM)
mckmas8808's Avatar

Originally Posted by fordian

I liked his statement. I think he'll come back from this.

Seems like a series of misinterpretations and misread signals on his part, I don't think he's a real predator. Just made some dumb mistakes.

Misread signals? Are you going to believe him or the woman he assulted?
mckmas8808
Sony is POO
(11-11-2017, 12:11 AM)
mckmas8808's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

Call Trump whatever you want, at least he's not a hypocrite and doesn't pretend to be any sort of morally righteous person. He's an asshole, but an honest asshole that doesn't apologize for being so. That's part of his appeal and why he was able to get away with all his controversies that would have buried literally any other politician.

Are you proud of this?
fordian
Junior Member
(11-11-2017, 12:14 AM)

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Misread signals? Are you going to believe him or the woman he assulted?

I'm going to believe the stories illustrated by his victims. Judging by their accounts, I don't think he's a bad guy. Made some stupid decisions, sure. But he's no Weinstein.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:24 AM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by llien

In which country are sexual harassment and assault not taken seriously, seriously?
I think it indeed is it is hard to come out, but certainly not for this reason.

There are countries in the middle East...
GAR-OU
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:46 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by mckmas8808

Are you proud of this?

I'm proud that such an openly offensive candidate was able to absolutely demean and crush a bunch of two-faced, self-righteous candidates and prove the pretentious, holy-than-thou Hollywood elites that ganged up on him totally wrong. It was beautiful to see happen.
Solid SOAP
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:01 AM)
Solid SOAP's Avatar

Originally Posted by GAR-OU

I'm proud that such an openly offensive candidate was able to absolutely demean and crush a bunch of two-faced, self-righteous candidates and prove the pretentious, holy-than-thou Hollywood elites that ganged up on him totally wrong. It was beautiful to see happen.

Why are you proud of another person's "accomplishments?"
BarringGaffner
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:06 AM)
BarringGaffner's Avatar

Originally Posted by llien

In which country are sexual harassment and assault not taken seriously, seriously?
I think it indeed is it is hard to come out, but certainly not for this reason.

A lot of 'well she wanted it', 'what was she wearing' type shit goes on in most countries. You live under a rock?
Dabanton
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:10 AM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by fordian

I liked his statement. I think he'll come back from this.

Seems like a series of misinterpretations and misread signals on his part, I don't think he's a real predator. Just made some dumb mistakes.

A "series of misinterpretations and misread signals" over a couple of years. His a creep who got his dick out in front of women who made it clear they were not interested and masturbated whilst blocking the exit until he ejaculated. Then left them in fear of saying too much in case they messed up their careers. As well as other incidents. All seemingly built on making his power felt.

That's some "dumb mistake"

Oh and his done. FX, HBO and Netflix among others have pulled any work or work in progress they have or were going to do with him.
Compsiox
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:15 AM)
Compsiox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solid SOAP

Why are you proud of another person's "accomplishments?"

What's wrong with being proud of someone in General?
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-11-2017, 01:43 AM)
Not only was this guy never funny, he was always a creepy molester. Who here actually like him?
GAR-OU
Member
(11-11-2017, 01:44 AM)
GAR-OU's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solid SOAP

Why are you proud of another person's "accomplishments?"

Using that logic why be so offended by another persons actions that don't affect you?

Thread Tools