• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

DEATH™
Member
(11-07-2017, 04:50 PM)
DEATH™'s Avatar

Originally Posted by matthewuk

I was mearly pointing out that guns arn't banned or illegal in the UK, Australia ect..


And in a previous comment I pointed out that.
It's not about gun laws but rather gun culture.

In the US you view guns as a means to protect you from your government and your neighbour. You get no training and no expectations of responsibility

In Switzerland guns are to protect your country and your neighbour. And you trained and held in a position of trust

Additionally in countries with lax gun regs, they don't view that as a verse from the bible so they have a more rational less zelous view of ownership and reasonable and productive debate were the rights of ownership Vs public safety was settled a long time ago.

In other words it's not gun laws per see that is the problem, a rational society has rational gun laws lax or restrictive. It's the terrible premise your gun rights are based on.

1. If the right has it their way, basic firearms training will be taught on HS and general education college courses. Of course the left doesnt want that as all of their argument about gun control will fall.

2. About UK and Australia, see previous post. Good luck owning a gun on those places. You cant even own the thing and use it for self defense (not even pepper sprays in UK lol)

3. 2nd amendment is highly regarded because people understand the value of the U.S. constitution. Historically, without guns, US will stay as aUK territory. And the framers make it because they do not want another UK to rule over them. Its been said many times that the 2nd amendment protects the 1st. Its not a terrible premise like you say. When crap goes down, we resolve it ourselves, not ditch the country to be refugees. Historically speaking too, many blacks in slavery and abolition used guns and pro 2nd amendment as well...

Originally Posted by YourMaster

See, this is a valid argument. There's no need to argue both ways. You can say that the people's right to defend against a potential tyrannical government is worth the loss of life caused by the prevalence of guns. You don't have to argue that it helps against tyrannical governments AND causes zero additional deaths compared to a world with total gun control.

If that's the clear divide, both sides can argue honestly from that point. Determine how many innocent and criminal lives a year gun prevalence is worth, and come up with policies that help reduce gun deaths without making them more vulnerable for the government.
For example mandate guns to be stored in saves with a 3-day timer. Plenty of time to get your gun when US-Hitler is elected, but also enough time to cool off when your neighbor scratched your car. Or, at the very least say you want no further laws, and accept the deaths caused by it without wining.

The problem is we cant even get to that point, because of all the virtue signaling the left does. Most of the gun laws we have right now usually should be enough, aside from inept government effing up as usual (this killer should not have bought guns in the first place for example, but the air force didnt do paperwork... as usual).

I mean, look at the bottom post. Sorry but some people will even dispute the 2nd amendment... without comprehending US culture or basic understanding of how guns work (like many typical anti gun sentiment in general).

Originally Posted by phatmike128

As an Australian it’s hard to comprehend the US’ general obsession with guns. The 2nd amendment seems ridiculous.. as if citizens with their guns stand a chance against the military the government has at their disposal. The “unconstitutional” idea of changing it gets brought up. It’s literally an amendment, so why not progress with the times?

Even if some sensible gun control or buy backs were applied, the argument seems to be that it won’t automatically stop gun deaths. No, not straight away of course. It would be several generations probably with how ingrained gun culture seems to be in the country. Really that would need bipartisan support though, and like it’s been said, unfortunately with the current political parties and corporate structures the US runs it seems impossible, and any bipartisanship is a pipe dream.

FYI japan in ww2 hesitated to do a land invasion in mainland US because of the 2nd amendment alone. The government also knows they cannot win with against a armed citizenry. Thats not even counting the possible defectors.

And look at your argument again, we wont stand a chance against the military so we just go in the times, and bend over taking it up the butt and say daddy government? This is the perfect reason why people wont give up their guns. Even if they are about to lose (which they wont), people will rather freaking doe and go down fighting than bend over. This is the mindset that go us out of slavery in the civil war, and won 2 world wars. Dont underestimate patriots.
RSP
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:18 PM)
RSP's Avatar
Another day, another shooting.

It's difficult not to get desensitized. I honestly think I already am.

RIP
Bleepey
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:32 PM)
Bleepey's Avatar

Originally Posted by DEATH™

1. If the right has it their way, basic firearms training will be taught on HS and general education college courses. Of course the left doesnt want that as all of their argument about gun control will fall.

2. About UK and Australia, see previous post. Good luck owning a gun on those places. You cant even own the thing and use it for self defense (not even pepper sprays in UK lol)

3. 2nd amendment is highly regarded because people understand the value of the U.S. constitution. Historically, without guns, US will stay as aUK territory. And the framers make it because they do not want another UK to rule over them. Its been said many times that the 2nd amendment protects the 1st. Its not a terrible premise like you say. When crap goes down, we resolve it ourselves, not ditch the country to be refugees. Historically speaking too, many blacks in slavery and abolition used guns and pro 2nd amendment as well...



The problem is we cant even get to that point, because of all the virtue signaling the left does. Most of the gun laws we have right now usually should be enough, aside from inept government effing up as usual (this killer should not have bought guns in the first place for example, but the air force didnt do paperwork... as usual).

I mean, look at the bottom post. Sorry but some people will even dispute the 2nd amendment... without comprehending US culture or basic understanding of how guns work (like many typical anti gun sentiment in general).



FYI japan in ww2 hesitated to do a land invasion in mainland US because of the 2nd amendment alone. The government also knows they cannot win with against a armed citizenry. Thats not even counting the possible defectors.

And look at your argument again, we wont stand a chance against the military so we just go in the times, and bend over taking it up the butt and say daddy government? This is the perfect reason why people wont give up their guns. Even if they are about to lose (which they wont), people will rather freaking doe and go down fighting than bend over. This is the mindset that go us out of slavery in the civil war, and won 2 world wars. Dont underestimate patriots.

1) bullshit and you know it. The right argue guns are like cars. The left would love to put mandatory background checks, mandatory insurance, mandatory cook off periods and training etc. I don't see the NRA endorsing it and if honest neither do you because if you can't get a gun faster than you can get a pizza how can you bring a gun to a drone fight.

2) wanna compare homicide rates in U.K. compared to US? Hint we are lower. Even if you just look at knives too so don't try and use that NRA talking point. In the UK like one officer is killed in the line of duty like once every two years or something on average and that's not always with a gun or knife. What's the US like every week? How about people killed by police on the streets? In the uk it's like <5 annually in general. What's the US? Your toddlers are more deadly than our police. It's hard to get a gun here and no one wants one, the bullshit in the US ensures that ain't gonna change.

3) there is no evidence any Japanese general ever said that. At least according to snopes

4) in the age of nukes, drones I wouldn't be so cocky. Vietnam/Iraq/Aphganistan would be over in a lunch break if the US gave no fucks about civilian casualties. You'd be lucky to even attempt to swing before you went down.
Neo C.
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:34 PM)
Neo C.'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Westbahnhof



?

It's worth mentioning that the second one, Switzerland, has almost only suicide with guns. And mostly with the army rifle.
Night Angel
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:43 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

Yes he delibertly made a bold statement that was completely false he put full emphasis on and then he went and went to the trouble of pretending he Sid something completely different to save face by lying.

But I guess it worked. You were not intelligent enough to read his first post and the require put out after.

It's hard to say it's semantics when "America is so far ahead of every other developed nation's" in the tone of an epefemic is completely wrong. That was his main point of the post. Then he tried lying about what he said.

Now you defending him is pathetic.

Interesting that you still haven't addressed my subsequent posts, though. Like, I gave you the nod that I misspoke quite a while ago, yet you haven't bothered at all to answer to why America has more than double the homicides of the next nation in our peer group (you know, similar in wealth and development, which should have been obvious given the source I used indicated that as part of their methodology).

The fact that you've latched on to a single bit of my entire argument, presented more accurately after I corrected for my omission of the word "almost," tells me you don't have anything to argue against my later posts.

Are you proud that America has a homicide rate over 3.5 when other wealthy European nations are closer to 1.5 or 1? I think we can do better.
malingenie
Member
(11-07-2017, 05:55 PM)
malingenie's Avatar

Originally Posted by RSP

Another day, another shooting.

It's difficult not to get desensitized. I honestly think I already am.

RIP

I'm def. desensitized. Two of the smallest and infinitesimally effective possible things we can do to help are to ban bump stocks and to fix the loophole the air force. Two things that will never happen because guns are such a golden cow that we can't take a single baby step.
DEATH™
Member
(11-07-2017, 06:24 PM)
DEATH™'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Bleepey

1) bullshit and you know it. The right argue guns are like cars. The left would love to put mandatory background checks, mandatory insurance, mandatory cook off periods and training etc. I don't see the NRA endorsing it and if honest neither do you because if you can't get a gun faster than you can get a pizza how can you bring a gun to a drone fight.

2) wanna compare homicide rates in U.K. compared to US? Hint we are lower. Even if you just look at knives too so don't try and use that NRA talking point. In the UK like one officer is killed in the line of duty like once every two years or something on average and that's not always with a gun or knife. What's the US like every week? How about people killed by police on the streets? In the uk it's like <5 annually in general. What's the US? Your toddlers are more deadly than our police. It's hard to get a gun here and no one wants one, the bullshit in the US ensures that ain't gonna change.

3) there is no evidence any Japanese general ever said that. At least according to snopes

4) in the age of nukes, drones I wouldn't be so cocky. Vietnam/Iraq/Aphganistan would be over in a lunch break if the US gave no fucks about civilian casualties. You'd be lucky to even attempt to swing before you went down.

1. Because guns are tools. People use it to hunt, kill varmins, and for self defense, especially in areas where police will come 30 mins after the call AT BEST. And the left is not looking for so called background checks and monthly periods and stuff like that. THEY HAVE GONE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY WANT A GUN GRAB. See Dianne Feinstein and DC v Heller.

2. Guess what, even if I give you the rope about US homicides (which I already explained is massively inflated by gang wars by felons owning illegal firearms), look at the freaking UK and their acid attacks and recent increase in terrorism. You london mayon even had the audacity to say that its a typical part and parcel to living in a city. Lol you dont have a solution. Evil is evil and it will use anything they can have.

3. Lol snopes.

4. Guess what, even with drones, the war will go on, the strategies will change. Obama loves his drones, but it did nothing but destabilize libya. You cannot replace troops on the ground. And civilian casualties = more opponents, and more justified wars. And this goes back again to the previous post. People will go down fighting rather than bending down.


EDIT to add to point number 2... your UK police are embarrassment. Theres that one guy that did a stabbing and the police are playing tag with him because they cant disarm or even be equipped by guns or stun guns...
SoundofSilence
Member
(11-07-2017, 06:54 PM)
SoundofSilence's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dude Abides

Post was deleted.

Indeed. This is what the Internet has gifted us.
Bleepey
Member
(11-07-2017, 07:01 PM)
Bleepey's Avatar

Originally Posted by DEATH™

1. Because guns are tools. People use it to hunt, kill varmins, and for self defense, especially in areas where police will come 30 mins after the call AT BEST. And the left is not looking for so called background checks and monthly periods and stuff like that. THEY HAVE GONE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY WANT A GUN GRAB. See Dianne Feinstein and DC v Heller.

2. Guess what, even if I give you the rope about US homicides (which I already explained is massively inflated by gang wars by felons owning illegal firearms), look at the freaking UK and their acid attacks and recent increase in terrorism. You london mayon even had the audacity to say that its a typical part and parcel to living in a city. Lol you dont have a solution. Evil is evil and it will use anything they can have.

3. Lol snopes.

4. Guess what, even with drones, the war will go on, the strategies will change. Obama loves his drones, but it did nothing but destabilize libya. You cannot replace troops on the ground. And civilian casualties = more opponents, and more justified wars. And this goes back again to the previous post. People will go down fighting rather than bending down.


EDIT to add to point number 2... your UK police are embarrassment. Theres that one guy that did a stabbing and the police are playing tag with him because they cant disarm or even be equipped by guns or stun guns...

1) the only reason the right worry about slippery slopes and gun grabs is that they are worried any gun control legislation will be successful.

2) We still have less violence than you! I repeat we still have less violence than you. As shitty as acid attacks are, we still go out of our way to pushing legislation that will highly discourage you from carrying acids. Oh and have you heard of mass murder by acid attack. Someone drives someone down in the UK or France, barriers are put up overnight, in the US an army of kids or people in church get shot up and you halfwits say thoughts and prayers and stick your head in the sand

3) No historian worth their salt thinks the rifle behind grass was said
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

4) If the US wanted to wipe everyone in Iraq of the face of the planet your peashooter aint' gonna do shit. The well-trained Japanese army said fuck this shit the moment got hit by a nuke. A bunch of disorganised, untrained people won't last too long.
hunchback
Member
(11-07-2017, 07:23 PM)
hunchback's Avatar
I have one question for the NRA. If they are proud of the current gun laws, why not let the CDC track and do analysis on gun violence and actually let them report the results.

Of course they will have to do away with the Dickey Amendment and give back the 2.6 million a year that was taken away twenty-one year's ago. The NRA lobbyists were able to get the CDC stripped of funding.

The LA times put out a good article from year and a half ago. Not much has changed. https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(11-07-2017, 07:46 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar

Originally Posted by DEATH™

Yes, and even if they don't have ARs, you still want to

People need AR15s (and semi-auto rifles in general) for engages in mid to high mid ranges where a high grain bullet (shotgun slug) or a not so hot load (handgun rounds) would not do anything at all. This is super common on rural areas where land is generally flat and you engage in generally long ranges (and your probability to miss per round also goes up in a engagement situation).

Its a good idea in general to have at least 3 guns in your gun closet (AR, pump/semi auto shotty or a higher caliber long range rifle, and a sidearm) as each weapon serve different purposes and ranges.

Bit confused by this. Why would you need a long range rifle for self defense? It honestly sounds like you're talking about a recommended loadout for a video game. I hope your gun closet is locked up by the way. How many guns do you own?

EDIT to add to point number 2... your UK police are embarrassment. Theres that one guy that did a stabbing and the police are playing tag with him because they cant disarm or even be equipped by guns or stun guns...

At least they don't shoot innocent people dead regularly. They do carry tasers. Could you link me to this incident you're talking about? If it's the one I'm thinking of he hadn't stabbed anyone and was taken into custody without anyone being injured. Whats embarrassing about that? Sounds like the best possible result. Anyway we do have armed police and because our country is much smaller than yours response time is good.
blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
(11-07-2017, 08:41 PM)
blu's Avatar

Originally Posted by DEATH™

1. Because guns are tools. People use it to hunt, kill varmins, and for self defense, especially in areas where police will come 30 mins after the call AT BEST. And the left is not looking for so called background checks and monthly periods and stuff like that. THEY HAVE GONE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY WANT A GUN GRAB. See Dianne Feinstein and DC v Heller.

Guns are not "gun grab" restricted in those parts of the world where the mass-shooting issues of the US sound like a horror movie. Guns are __regulated__ -- even if you have been granted right of ownership you're supposed to ensure the safety of your weapon -- both at storage and during use. Just like you cannot drive a car without a license.. Hey, basic mobility is everybody's right, correct? Nope, it's not -- you have to prove you're able and trustworthy of handling yet another tool -- the automobile.

2. Guess what, even if I give you the rope about US homicides (which I already explained is massively inflated by gang wars by felons owning illegal firearms), look at the freaking UK and their acid attacks and recent increase in terrorism. You london mayon even had the audacity to say that its a typical part and parcel to living in a city. Lol you dont have a solution. Evil is evil and it will use anything they can have.

You can't be serious. Evil is evil... How about handing out nukes to the general population -- is it another 'evil is evil' situation to you? Perhaps another 'just a tool'?

4. Guess what, even with drones, the war will go on, the strategies will change. Obama loves his drones, but it did nothing but destabilize libya. You cannot replace troops on the ground. And civilian casualties = more opponents, and more justified wars. And this goes back again to the previous post. People will go down fighting rather than bending down.

So those victims in the mass shootings should have gone down fighting? You do realize that there are gazillion of scenarios in everyday civilian life where people are not prepared to respond to an armed assault, even if they had all the rightful weapons on them, right? The point of regulations is to decrease the risks in situations where civilians are at a complete disadvantage. The point of regulations is not to prevent owners from using their arms at the shooting range.

EDIT to add to point number 2... your UK police are embarrassment. Theres that one guy that did a stabbing and the police are playing tag with him because they cant disarm or even be equipped by guns or stun guns...

Your country's right-wing politics are an embarrassment. The world would've been laughing at them yet again if the situation was not such a tragedy. But you're so deep in the shit you can't even sense the stench.
Wolfgunblood Garopa
Member
(11-07-2017, 09:37 PM)
Wolfgunblood Garopa's Avatar
It's clear that the reason the US has a problem with gun violence is because the US has more guns, period point blank. There is consensus on this from every unbiased source that has researched it. Being unstable and angry isn't something exclusive or even more prevalent in the US. Well, maybe more prevalent than some. All of the data points to the number of guns per citizen being the issue, as it has since the debate began years and years ago. There are more mass shootings in the US each year than there are days in a year.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-07-2017, 10:26 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
America is built on the foundations of genocide, war, and slavery.

Gun culture doesn’t change when it’s been the instrumental tool of propping up the empire.
phatmike128
Member
(11-08-2017, 12:33 AM)
phatmike128's Avatar

Originally Posted by ASAP

America is built on the foundations of genocide, war, and slavery.

Gun culture doesn’t change when it’s been the instrumental tool of propping up the empire.

Qft.

Its so ingrained, yet you would think sane people would look at rational decisions to minimise the mass shootings.

Death's posts are full of a bunch of fear based falsehoods.
J-Rzez
Member
(11-08-2017, 01:00 AM)
J-Rzez's Avatar
Cook off/Cool down period FOR SAFES is easily one of the most stupid things ever suggested. Just tell criminals to come back 3 days later to attempt to harm you. For background checks? Sure.

The problem is the anti-gun nuts just want all guns gone. Good luck with that. The slightly less crazy anti-gun people will have their wits and go for the slippery slope approach, first banning this, then rage for that to be gone, then finally this too until all guns are gone. And people see right through that approach.

The only sane people for gun control are those expressing stricter background checks linked to mental health and military backgrounds. That's fine. Do it. Im all for it. Reform mental health systems, good. Focus on crime riddled poverty zones economy and education? Yes.

But those people saying all you need is a musket or your safe is only unlocked after 72hrs are certifiably crazy themselves, showing how disjointed they really are from society.

The same people who mock that there will never be a crazy tyrant these days that the population don't need guns to over throw the Gov are the same people who lose their minds over Trump tweeting something dumb saying hes going to start WW3.

Guns are so rooted into culture here it would take centuries to remove. Theyre here to stay for a long time. Pick your battles wisely for gun control before you look crazier than the people youre attacking.
IndoAssassin
Member
(11-08-2017, 01:12 AM)
My condolences to the families affected by this shooting.

I gotta get this shit off my chest. A guy from my work who was touting there will be a shooting over the weekend by a Black Lives Matter or Antifa member, is now spouting this shooting as the media hiding that claim. Stop making this shit a us vs them shitfest and start spouting a war of ideas to fix this problem.

I live in Canada for fucks sake. I'm sick and tired of American propaganda affecting people I work with. Get your shit together America.
Mister Apoc
Member
(11-08-2017, 01:14 AM)

Originally Posted by ASAP

America is built on the foundations of genocide, war, and slavery.

Gun culture doesn’t change when it’s been the instrumental tool of propping up the empire.

every advanced civilization in history was build on violence and bloodshed, there is nothing unique about america's founding
black_13
Member
(11-08-2017, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by J-Rzez

Cook off/Cool down period FOR SAFES is easily one of the most stupid things ever suggested. Just tell criminals to come back 3 days later to attempt to harm you. For background checks? Sure.

The problem is the anti-gun nuts just want all guns gone. Good luck with that. The slightly less crazy anti-gun people will have their wits and go for the slippery slope approach, first banning this, then rage for that to be gone, then finally this too until all guns are gone. And people see right through that approach.

The only sane people for gun control are those expressing stricter background checks linked to mental health and military backgrounds. That's fine. Do it. Im all for it. Reform mental health systems, good. Focus on crime riddled poverty zones economy and education? Yes.

But those people saying all you need is a musket or your safe is only unlocked after 72hrs are certifiably crazy themselves, showing how disjointed they really are from society.

The same people who mock that there will never be a crazy tyrant these days that the population don't need guns to over throw the Gov are the same people who lose their minds over Trump tweeting something dumb saying hes going to start WW3.

Guns are so rooted into culture here it would take centuries to remove. Theyre here to stay for a long time. Pick your battles wisely for gun control before you look crazier than the people youre attacking.

Yea banning all guns just seems impossible at this point. I think banning automatics is a good start but as you said people will think that's just gonna be the first step but maybe with reassurances people won't be as hesitant about it.
Night Angel
Member
(11-08-2017, 01:19 AM)
Night Angel's Avatar
This is an interesting article that addresses many of Death's talking points.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/0...rnational.html

Seems like guns make crimes more deadly (shocking, I know). Our country isn't special in its crime rates, what sets us apart is that many times more of them end in death by firearm. Racial diversity also doesn't correlate to firearm deaths in the rest of the world, so using it ("gang wars" please) without data to back that claim up is just stupid.

Crimes happen all over the world. The difference between us and other countries with better gun control is that those crimes result in death far less often. Acid attacks are vile, but they don't kill like gun attacks. Choosing that line as a defense of gun ownership only makes sense if you think death is the preferable outcome.

Originally Posted by black_13

Yea banning all guns just seems impossible at this point. I think banning automatics is a good start but as you said people will think that's just gonna be the first step but maybe with reassurances people won't be as hesitant about it.

Automatic weapons are already banned.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-08-2017, 01:24 AM)
ASAP's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mister Apoc

every advanced civilization in history was build on violence and bloodshed, there is nothing unique about america's founding

Bruv, the USA has been in perpetual war for over 92% of its statehood.

We’re living in a time where every citizen in this country is either directly or indirectly complicit in propping up the war machine.

Your answer is an excuse to doing nothing.
Mister Apoc
Member
(11-08-2017, 01:27 AM)

Originally Posted by ASAP

Bruv, the USA has been in perpetual war for over 92% of its statehood.

We’re living in a time where every citizen in this country is either directly or indirectly complicit in propping up the war machine.

Your answer is an excuse to doing nothing.

no, america has not been in "perpetual" war for 92 percent of its time

do you know what perpetual means?

do you know what the concepts of peace time and war time are?
jellies_two
Member
(11-08-2017, 02:02 AM)
It beats me why this is so hard. This guy brought 15 magazines with 30 bullets each and re-enacted the scene from Kingsmen in the Church over 5 minutes. He did it (just like others before him) to try for a high score and infamy and because in Texas guns are part of society nobody really noticed as he was going off the rails.
Neighbors heard him shoot, a lot, but shrugged? Gun laws are lax and nobody noticed the disconnect between military discharge categories and gun license bans for domestic violence? He posted a picture of his weapon on Facebook and nobody reported it? He got employed as a _security guard_ with his record?
Almost none of these things would occur in other western countries.

It’s really simple and isn’t a 2A issue. When guns of all kinds become just part of regular life, it is much harder to detect when the wrong people start handling them. On the one hand there is no way anyone could know what he was about to do - because it was Texas - but if he was an Australian or a Japanese or a European or lived in Brooklyn even then his behavior would have been noticed much earlier on and even if not he would have no easy way to obtain the long gun and ammunition necessary to so efficiently shoot 60 people so would have acted up in another less destructive way.
Kimawolf
Member
(11-08-2017, 02:11 AM)
full disclosure. I have a hand gun, (glock), A shotgun, and even a flame thrower. I FIRMLY believe gun laws in the states are severely lax. Bottom line is while this couldn't be stopped with "stricter rules" this massacre is not happening in a vacuum. America is one of the most dangerous countries IN THE WORLD for gun violence. Period. there's no arguing that.

The fact that we don't have strong national gun registration and regulation laws is an embarrassment. ANY mental health issue should disqualify you from a job. Any criminal record should disqualify you from owning a gun. Period.

Also this who thing about guns being tools is bullshit.

Guns are made to kill. Period. They are highly specialized killing devices and if you own one 90% of the time you own it because you want to be able to kill something, rather a intruder, a deer whatever.

so if you want to own a killing device (which is your right as an American) we SHOULD know who you are and how many guns you have.

Also guess what, the whole "oh guns keep the government from marching on the people" is also bullshit. The American Military is far too powerful now and well trained for any fucking rag tag group of scared hunters/gun owners to challenge them. Your shotgun won't do shit when the tanks roll through or the soldiers in full body armor with m-16s and helicopter/air cover roll through.

Back when the 2nd amendment was written it was very much possible for citizens to stand up to the government when we had fucking muskets.

So basically, its time to stop being political and be realistic. We can't take all guns away, but we can regulate the shit out of who owns one and how many you can have.
blu
Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
(11-09-2017, 09:33 PM)
blu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

full disclosure. I have a hand gun, (glock), A shotgun, and even a flame thrower. I FIRMLY believe gun laws in the states are severely lax. Bottom line is while this couldn't be stopped with "stricter rules" this massacre is not happening in a vacuum. America is one of the most dangerous countries IN THE WORLD for gun violence. Period. there's no arguing that.

The fact that we don't have strong national gun registration and regulation laws is an embarrassment. ANY mental health issue should disqualify you from a job. Any criminal record should disqualify you from owning a gun. Period.

Also this who thing about guns being tools is bullshit.

Guns are made to kill. Period. They are highly specialized killing devices and if you own one 90% of the time you own it because you want to be able to kill something, rather a intruder, a deer whatever.

so if you want to own a killing device (which is your right as an American) we SHOULD know who you are and how many guns you have.

Also guess what, the whole "oh guns keep the government from marching on the people" is also bullshit. The American Military is far too powerful now and well trained for any fucking rag tag group of scared hunters/gun owners to challenge them. Your shotgun won't do shit when the tanks roll through or the soldiers in full body armor with m-16s and helicopter/air cover roll through.

Back when the 2nd amendment was written it was very much possible for citizens to stand up to the government when we had fucking muskets.

So basically, its time to stop being political and be realistic. We can't take all guns away, but we can regulate the shit out of who owns one and how many you can have.

That's a very sensible post by a person who understands the implications of owning a gun.

I too enjoy firearms marksmanship as a hobby and actually have proper military training. But in my country it'd take such a background and psycho check just for me to be able to keep a handgun in my house, let alone transport it around, that the hassle is just not worth it when I could go to any firing range, legally borrow _any_ firearm (yes, military as well), and shoot to my desire, just paying for the ammo.
LordPezix
Member
(11-09-2017, 09:52 PM)
LordPezix's Avatar
Well with everything in America we really need to start taking chapters out of the book from other countries. So many other countries have solved many of our problems so it is viable but you know... merica, patriotism, and what not.

Like America isn't even a great country anymore, when I travel abroad and people ask me if I am American I get embarrassed because immediately after they always say "what is wrong with you guys right now?" in regards to shootings.

Materialism is so strong here to that like people would rather be put to death by fire than give up their right to own a gun.. like damn man.
Phoenix RISING
Member
(11-10-2017, 02:46 PM)
Phoenix RISING's Avatar
Mass shootings happen so often in America that I had actually forgotten that this happened until someone had bumped the topic. What a shame.
GalacticAE
Member
(11-10-2017, 09:35 PM)
GalacticAE's Avatar
There are too many guns and idiots out there. I have to hear about shootings here in TX every day and theres gun nuts that want to pump more guns out there so the industry makes more money and they might get a chance to use their guns like in their fantasies. All while unarmed people are less safe and police become paranoid.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-11-2017, 12:29 AM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

Interesting that you still haven't addressed my subsequent posts, though. Like, I gave you the nod that I misspoke quite a while ago, yet you haven't bothered at all to answer to why America has more than double the homicides of the next nation in our peer group (you know, similar in wealth and development, which should have been obvious given the source I used indicated that as part of their methodology).

The fact that you've latched on to a single bit of my entire argument, presented more accurately after I corrected for my omission of the word "almost," tells me you don't have anything to argue against my later posts.

Are you proud that America has a homicide rate over 3.5 when other wealthy European nations are closer to 1.5 or 1? I think we can do better.

You didn't give me a nod you backpedaled and lied about something you never said.

Your subsequent posts are irrelevant because those were to cover up your original claim being wrong and not only that you ignored other people's posts addressing this anyway

It wasn't just the word "almost" missing either. I'm not sticking to anything you're just trying to desperately get away from a post you screwed up on in multiple way, not just the one your now trying to damage control

Thread Tools