• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

SoundofSilence
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:12 PM)
SoundofSilence's Avatar
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41880511

Outside San Antonio.
Laserdisk
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:14 PM)
Holy crap that's terrible.
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:15 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar
Jesus thats a lot of victims. Awful :(
mario_O
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:18 PM)
mario_O's Avatar
Deja vu.
cheststrongwell
my cake, fuck off
(11-05-2017, 09:20 PM)
cheststrongwell's Avatar
Don't even really care when I see this shit anymore.
SoundofSilence
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:21 PM)
SoundofSilence's Avatar

Originally Posted by cheststrongwell

Don't even really care when I see this shit anymore.

That's a great response.
golfham
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:21 PM)
golfham's Avatar
The war on Christianity continues
ha.isu.bk
Junior Member
(11-05-2017, 09:29 PM)
disgusting.

politicians will say 'my thoughts and prayers' and all that brouhaha, and then say 'now is not the time to discuss guns' - but when is the damn time ???
SoundofSilence
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:31 PM)
SoundofSilence's Avatar

Originally Posted by ha.isu.bk

disgusting.

politicians will say 'my thoughts and prayers' and all that brouhaha, and then say 'now is not the time to discuss guns' - but when is the damn time ???

Trump just tweeted his thoughts and prayers.
Wiped89
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:38 PM)
Wiped89's Avatar
There's only one possible answer: more guns! If only there were more guns out there, there would be less gun crime! /Americalogic

Meanwhile in the UK where guns are illegal, fewer people have been killed by guns in the past 30 years than in America in 2017 alone.
Nia
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:38 PM)
Nia's Avatar
This is too close to me for comfort.
Amputechture
(11-05-2017, 09:40 PM)
Amputechture's Avatar
The violence never stops. Fucking hell, I feel for the families. Such a small town too
entremet
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:54 PM)
entremet's Avatar
What the heck?!

RIP.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:57 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar
Tragic. It's incredible how vulnerable people are. =[
mackattk
Member
(11-05-2017, 09:57 PM)
mackattk's Avatar
Texas needs even more lax gun laws to combat this, no way to prevent this happening, if there were only more gun holders in that church this could have been prevented.

Oh yeah, I forgot..

my thoughts and prayers are with the victims

Now, the only thing we have left to determine if this was terrorism or mental health issues. It could also be a "lone wolf" issue, where we all need to forgive and dig deep to help humanize the shooter.
Stranger Things
Banned
(11-05-2017, 09:59 PM)
absolutely heinous
DarkestHour
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:08 PM)
DarkestHour's Avatar
Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:09 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!

This is sarcasm right
DarkestHour
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:11 PM)
DarkestHour's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

This is sarcasm right

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?
DarkestHour
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:12 PM)
DarkestHour's Avatar
Looks like Evillores desire to stop having OT be nothing but anti-America bullshit will never happen.
NoblesseOblige
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:13 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Looks like Evillores desire to stop having OT be nothing but anti-America bullshit will never happen.

I'm sure there's a safe space for you somewhere.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:14 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?

Gun control isn't banning guns. To think so only highlights your own ignorance.

Also, assuming that's my thought process (I'm a gun owner, btw) really tells me you're not mature enough to have a reasonable conversation with on this subject.

Your follow up post further reinforces my opinion on that.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:14 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by mackattk

Texas needs even more lax gun laws to combat this, no way to prevent this happening, if there were only more gun holders in that church this could have been prevented.

Oh yeah, I forgot..

my thoughts and prayers are with the victims

Now, the only thing we have left to determine if this was terrorism or mental health issues. It could also be a "lone wolf" issue, where we all need to forgive and dig deep to help humanize the shooter.

I mean Texas rates of homicide despite having among the most lax gun laws is pretty low in comparison to states even with heavy gun laws so ehh?
mackattk
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:14 PM)
mackattk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

This is sarcasm right

Sarcasm is all we really have left.

We could talk for hours and hours about what the real issues are, gun control, mental health, education, etc. But nothing is going to change. We have been through some of the most horrific mass shootings within the past 10 years. Only thing that has changed was the greater solidification that nothing will change.

Thoughts and prayers indeed. It sure as fuck helped the last round of victims, should help this round as well.

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

I mean Texas rates of homicide despite having among the most lax gun laws is pretty low in comparison to states even with heavy gun laws so ehh?


Well a mass shooting still happened. Going to be at least in the top 5 along with Sandy Hook of deadliest mass shootings in the US. Right now it is tied at 27
Testicular Sound Express
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:15 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?

Yeah banning guns won't do anything. Didn't do anything in Japan, you know the country where its nearly illegal to even own a gun and has almost no gun violence? Where even people in the mob are afraid of the countries gun laws.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:16 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar
Nobody asked for "car control" after the attack in New York...

The issue is much more complex than the object used to kill people.
Caelus
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:17 PM)
Caelus's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?

Are we just assuming these are the same thing now? Who are you directing your anger towards exactly?

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Looks like Evillores desire to stop having OT be nothing but anti-America bullshit will never happen.

Ah.

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Nobody asked for "cars control" after the attack in New York...

The issue is much more complex than the object used to kill people.

This conveys a misunderstanding of the issue even if I do think gun control isn't the be all end all to solve these issues, but to say something wouldn't work because it won't solve 100% of all cases is flawed.
dyergram
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:17 PM)
dyergram's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wiped89

There's only one possible answer: more guns! If only there were more guns out there, there would be less gun crime! /Americalogic

Meanwhile in the UK where guns are illegal, fewer people have been killed by guns in the past 30 years than in America in 2017 alone.

absurd comparasion.
Telephone Man
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?

That comparison is so laughably bad, I really can't tell if you're being serious.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:19 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Testicular Sound Express

Yeah banning guns won't do anything. Didn't do anything in Japan, you know the country where its nearly illegal to even own a gun and has almost no gun violence? Where even people in the mob are afraid of the countries gun laws.

No gun violence not violence.

When you are dead you're dead, I don't understand this mentality for trading how the killers kill. I mean i would rather see a gun kill someone than see more people with explosives especially in dense urban areas, or mowing down people with a fast car, or chemical gases.

Also the mob? lol.
Air Zombie Meat
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:19 PM)
Air Zombie Meat's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Looks like Evillores desire to stop having OT be nothing but anti-America bullshit will never happen.

How is it anti america? Last I checked most americans polled on the issue were in favour of some sensible regulations.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:20 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by mackattk

Sarcasm is all we really have left.

We could talk for hours and hours about what the real issues are, gun control, mental health, education, etc. But nothing is going to change. We have been through some of the most horrific mass shootings within the past 10 years. Only thing that has changed was the greater solidification that nothing will change.

Thoughts and prayers indeed. It sure as fuck helped the last round of victims, should help this round as well.




Well a mass shooting still happened. Going to be at least in the top 5 along with Sandy Hook of deadliest mass shootings in the US. Right now it is tied at 27

You keeping score is part of the reason why these ar e happening. You and the Media due the same thing, you have the condemnation yes but then you make it look likes it's a high score to beat.
Night Angel
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:21 PM)
Night Angel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

No gun violence not violence.

When you are dead you're dead, I don't understand this mentality for trading how the killers kill. I mean i would rather see a gun kill someone than see more people with explosives especially in dense urban areas, or mowing down people with a fast car, or chemical gases.

Also the mob? lol.

I wonder if guns make it easier to kill people than, say, a knife. Hmmm
Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Nobody asked for "car control" after the attack in New York...

The issue is much more complex than the object used to kill people.

You're being obtuse and you know it, stricter gun laws is a start whatever kind of gun killed this many people doesn't help people travel from point A to B, its only purpose is to kill.
NoblesseOblige
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:22 PM)
NoblesseOblige's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

Nobody asked for "car control" after the attack in New York...

The issue is much more complex than the object used to kill people.

Damn, the trash sure did take over here, huh?
mackattk
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:23 PM)
mackattk's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

You keeping score is part of the reason why these ar e happening. You and the Media due the same thing, you have the condemnation yes but then you make it look likes it's a high score to beat.

Oh it's not me keeping score. I was just saying that the top 5 deadliest shootings just happened in a state where the gun laws are most lax. So you saying that repealing gun laws isn't really helping in this instance.
Dierce
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:24 PM)
Dierce's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Damn, the trash sure did take over here, huh?

Trash is always looking for a safe place. That snowflake loves guns more than he does people.
TheAtomicPile
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:24 PM)
TheAtomicPile's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Looks like Evillores desire to stop having OT be nothing but anti-America bullshit will never happen.

Lol what the fuck are you talking about? Who is anti America? When did he say any of that?

Man, the idiots and pussy conservative man-babies have really come out of the woodwork in the past couple weeks.
SparkleMotion
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:24 PM)
SparkleMotion's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?

It's people like this having the power to vote that will keep gun massacres as American as baseball and apple pie.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:25 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

I wonder if guns make it easier to kill people than, say, a knife. Hmmm

I wonder if Cars and explosives make it easier to kill people than, say, a gun.

Not only is your statement nonsense, easier to kill on paper but historically the mass Knife murders and Gun murders are around the same numbers on average a lot of the time, with of course exceptions.

You will never understand why the "radical" gun control ideas will never pass if you don't look at the situation logically. If the states with the most lax gun laws have among the leaset of the heavy gun violence than you need to consider other factors for why these shootings are happening other than guns.

And this of course leads to some other arguments, illegal immigrants, drunks, refugees, lack of a mental health system, lack of education, lack of police force in areas, etc. etc.
Fantastical
Death Prophet
(11-05-2017, 10:25 PM)
Fantastical's Avatar

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

Looks like Evillores desire to stop having OT be nothing but anti-America bullshit will never happen.

Discussing and calling for gun control measures is anti-America?
Blueingreen
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:26 PM)
Blueingreen's Avatar

Originally Posted by Night Angel

This is sarcasm right


I agree with him to an extent, they're literally 100's of millions of guns in circulation in the USA what's to control? The damage is already done and you have 300 years of a fucked up gun culture to thank for that it's not going to dissappear over night all its going to.do is spawn an even bigger black market and even still strict gun control didn't Anders Breivik from slaughtering 80 people in Norway.
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:26 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by mackattk

Oh it's not me keeping score. I was just saying that the top 5 deadliest shootings just happened in a state where the gun laws are most lax. So you saying that repealing gun laws isn't really helping in this instance.

But you have to ignore trends, quantity, and frequency for that argument to hold any merit.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:26 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caelus

This conveys a misunderstanding of the issue even if I do think gun control isn't the be all end all to solve these issues, but to say something wouldn't work because it won't solve 100% of all cases is flawed.


People have used and would still use illegal firearms to kill, so..?

Anyway, in my country (Brazil) the common citizen can't buy guns. Criminals are full of illegal guns, tho.

We had more than 60 THOUSAND violent murders in 2016 (these numbers were released last week). We certainly kill much more than Texas.

It's a pretty violent country in which people can't buy guns. I'm just saying, it goes way beyond the object used.
SparkleMotion
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:26 PM)
SparkleMotion's Avatar

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

You will never understand why the "radical" gun control ideas will never pass if you don't look at the situation logically. If the states with the most lax gun laws have among the leaset of the heavy gun violence than you need to consider other factors for why these shootings are happening other than guns

You can look into multiple factors at once. Guns being so easy to purchase is definitely a factor.
Vkandrew
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:27 PM)
Vkandrew's Avatar
So sad man. RIP to all the victims and I hope for the best for their families.
SparkleMotion
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:28 PM)
SparkleMotion's Avatar
Thoughts and prayers are with those trying to pass gun control laws.
TTOOLL
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:30 PM)
TTOOLL's Avatar

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige

Damn, the trash sure did take over here, huh?

Are you sad? Are you crying right now?

Where is your argument?
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-05-2017, 10:32 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by SparkleMotion

You can look into multiple factors at once. Guns being so easy to purchase is definitely a factor.

You have to compare that factor across the nation though. A person in Alabama ain't dropping their guns because a guy in texas decided to drop 27 people when the frequency is low in texas and is basically non-existant in comparison in Alamaba itself.

The problem is people who want to ban guns outside rifles or etc (in a country where its easier to make chemical mists or explosives than guns) just use a basic argument; Guns shoot people, therefore ban guns.

While of course people may mention things like mental health in the country and etc, most arguments on that side primarily boil down tot he above, and then I find it baffling people wonder why people don't want laws past.

I mean if we compare by year it's not the guns that changes other factors are the cuase for the "increase" (which actually isn't an increase)
Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 10:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

So sad man. RIP to all the victims and I hope for the best for their families.

This we can agree on.


A lot of stupid "don't touch mah gunz" types shitting up the thread already with their asinine deflection and false equivalences.

Thread Tools