• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Randy Monk
Member
(11-08-2017, 02:43 PM)
Randy Monk's Avatar

Originally Posted by MarkMclovin

I bet you were shaking when you made this post.

With uncontrollable fury, no doubt.
highrider
Member
(11-08-2017, 02:50 PM)
highrider's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dahaka

as an Iphone user I found this funny.

Yeah, I’m kind of surprised some people are upset about it.
Reverse Giraffe
Junior Member
(11-08-2017, 03:03 PM)
Reverse Giraffe's Avatar
I recently switched from Android to iOS and goddamn.. I am never looking back! The A11 processor is better than what I have in my laptop, far better than the S8.

Also, everything this commercial says, the iPhone 8 and X can do.
Paracelsus
Member
(11-08-2017, 04:08 PM)
Paracelsus's Avatar
Gotta love that fixed bike.
Gaogaogao
Member
(11-08-2017, 06:53 PM)
Gaogaogao's Avatar

Originally Posted by Greatest Ever

And they're getting a substantial chunk of change from it. They're a monopoly in the OLED market, as far as phones go, I don't see your point.

yup you dont congrats
Greatest Ever
pretentious trash
(11-08-2017, 06:59 PM)
Greatest Ever's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gaogaogao

yup you dont congrats

Haha ok babe.
NotBacon
Member
(11-08-2017, 08:04 PM)
NotBacon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baron Doggystyle von Woof

Everyone agrees with Samsung making amazing hardware.

It's android and touchwiz we don't like.

Good ad tho.

Have you ever given a Pixel a spin? It uses Google's unadulterated Android software with no junk and no garbage UI/UX.
I've already converted a few people to Pixel users who swore they'd never use Android again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.



Also, good ad.
llien
Member
(11-08-2017, 08:06 PM)
llien's Avatar

Originally Posted by Baron Doggystyle von Woof

Everyone agrees with Samsung making amazing hardware.

It's android and touchwiz we don't like.

Good ad tho.

Well, it's android that I like and touchwiz I'm so used to, other phones feel not as comfy.


Seriously, what's the deal with touchwiz hate? The only thing that isn't snappy in my oooold S5 is the camera app, and I doubt it has anything to do with touchwiz.
Kurt Angle
Member
(11-08-2017, 08:28 PM)

Originally Posted by valkyre

I consider Samsung's marketing plan towards apple utterly pathetic.

For years now instead of actually focusing on their products, what they do is a crusade of bashing apple products and at the same time insult the intelligence of their "future" or "potential" new customers, that they would like for them to jump ship.

How low can you go really.

I wont even bother with the amount of bullshit Apple could throw towards Samsung if they opted at such a marketing model, like their numerous changes over the years on stuff they used to call "isheep" like for example the battery not being able to remove anymore or the note 7 announcements at the airports and so many other things.

But hey it is what it is, Samsung is probably not yet confident enough to actually promote their own products and they need the apple bashing to become viral. Kinda sad.

one is a toaster and display maker

the other is about to become the first ever trillion dollar company in human history and already holds the record for the highest quarterly and yearly profits of any corporation ever.


you can’t compare them in class, you just punch up and hope to sell a few more
PlayALLtheGames
Barber: Whatchu want?
Me: I've got $24
Barber: Say no more fam
(11-08-2017, 08:32 PM)
PlayALLtheGames's Avatar
When was the Note better at low-light pics? I had every one up until the 5 and just like the iPhones (which I had at the same time) they were shit at taking those pictures.

All phones were and still are today.
ASAP
Junior Member
(11-08-2017, 09:51 PM)
ASAP's Avatar
Ugh, the tribalism and worship of these private corporations behind these devices are sad. Sad AF.
Alebrije
Member
(11-09-2017, 02:14 AM)
Alebrije's Avatar

Originally Posted by MarkMclovin

I bet you were shaking when you made this post.

Lol, more like this

TheGreyHulk
Member
(11-09-2017, 03:45 AM)
TheGreyHulk's Avatar
Lmao @ that hairline. I think it’s a pretty good commercial for Samsung. Comments here make it seem like it was something super more than it actually was.

*sent from my iphone x
Ubername
Member
(11-09-2017, 04:05 AM)
Ubername's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheGreyHulk

Lmao @ that hairline. I think it’s a pretty good commercial for Samsung. Comments here make it seem like it was something super more than it actually was.

Yeah it's pretty mild. my version of the commercial would be the protagonist just laughing at the guy with the hairline in his face for 50 seconds and cut to the samsung logo
lucius
Member
(11-09-2017, 04:18 AM)
lucius's Avatar
I love the part at the end where his phone blows up in his pants
highrider
Member
(11-09-2017, 09:02 AM)
highrider's Avatar

Originally Posted by ASAP

Ugh, the tribalism and worship of these private corporations behind these devices are sad. Sad AF.

He’s calling the consumer economy in to question. Get him!!!
llien
Member
(11-09-2017, 09:34 AM)
llien's Avatar

Originally Posted by DJTaurus

LOL Shamesung: SAMSUNG will purportedly make more money from each iPhone X handset sold, than its own flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8.

It doesn't make sense. While Samsung asking a lot for its OLED screens would sort of be reasonable, as there aren't that many OLED producers, flash memory, also mentioned as the reason Samsung would make "huge profits" from, is too ubiquitous to make insane profits.

Samsung's revenue from IT and Mobule Communications' devision in 2016 was 23 Trillion KRW. Which is about 20 billion USD, if I'm not mistaken (words used to describe 10^9, 10^12 and 10^15 in US are confusing to me). Profit is about 10% of that.

Compared to that, 4 billion USD of revenue from Apple's deal (and not like Samsung wasn't already selling them components used in iPhones) is... likely not much.
Aselith
Member
(11-09-2017, 11:35 AM)
Aselith's Avatar

Originally Posted by llien

It doesn't make sense. While Samsung asking a lot for its OLED screens would sort of be reasonable, as there aren't that many OLED producers, flash memory, also mentioned as the reason Samsung would make "huge profits" from, is too ubiquitous to make insane profits.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-t...-idUSKBN1D90G1
MvCSpiderman
Member
(11-09-2017, 08:36 PM)
MvCSpiderman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nevasleep

Its good, but imo not very classy to include competitors. In the UK the only other ad I can think of which does that are for discount supermarkets.

U.S. does this all the time.
ShaunButter
Member
(11-10-2017, 05:08 PM)
iPhone X crew checking in, thought the advert was fantastic.
Liliana Eileen
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:29 PM)
Liliana Eileen's Avatar

Originally Posted by DJTaurus

LOL Shamesung: SAMSUNG will purportedly make more money from each iPhone X handset sold, than its own flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S8.

Can they troll this too?







What about this samsung? Apple calibrates your screens better than yours?

If Apple wanted to troll Samsung:
https://www.google.gr/search?hl=en&b...ws_rd=cr&dcr=0

The salt...it hurts. Even Apple fans are having a good jest at this masterful ad but you have to come here and show pictures of irrelevant phone launch lines, which is funny because the ad mocks people like you 😂
Bustanen
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:41 PM)
Bustanen's Avatar
Almost died at notch hairline guy. Fucking brilliant Samsung.
Certinty
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:41 PM)
Certinty's Avatar
Awesome ad. As a long time iPhone user I'm probably gonna switch too.
Testicular Sound Express
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:47 PM)

Originally Posted by valkyre

I consider Samsung's marketing plan towards apple utterly pathetic.

For years now instead of actually focusing on their products, what they do is a crusade of bashing apple products and at the same time insult the intelligence of their "future" or "potential" new customers, that they would like for them to jump ship.

How low can you go really.

I wont even bother with the amount of bullshit Apple could throw towards Samsung if they opted at such a marketing model, like their numerous changes over the years on stuff they used to call "isheep" like for example the battery not being able to remove anymore or the note 7 announcements at the airports and so many other things.

But hey it is what it is, Samsung is probably not yet confident enough to actually promote their own products and they need the apple bashing to become viral. Kinda sad.

you can cry about it, but their campaign they started with the s3 and s4 poking at Apple cultism made a HUGE impact. Even Apple execs talked about how effective that campaign was.
Testicular Sound Express
Member
(11-10-2017, 07:49 PM)

Originally Posted by TimFL

I feel indifferent about the commercial, had a good chuckle at the notch haircut though (creative).

But it leaves me to wonder who approves these kind of commercials. I barely have any experience in marketing but afaik there are two big red flags in the clip:
- Insult potential buyers? Check
- Your whole marketing campaign is built around your competitor racking in sales? Check
The way I understand it you‘ve already lost if you have direct comparisons with a competitor in a commercial.

I would‘ve never approved this. Make a nice commercial showing off your products capabilities instead, don‘t show off your competitors products for 75% of the air time...?
Pretty desperate imho. „look at the sheep products, buy samsung instead... please guys dont line up there we have coffee shops coming soon!... please?“

Phew, good think you aren't running a billion dollar ad campaign then. lol
Blam
Member
(11-10-2017, 08:20 PM)
Blam's Avatar
You know after all this I"m probably going to buy an iPhone X as a replacement for my 2nd phone.
Manus
Junior Member
(11-10-2017, 09:42 PM)
Manus's Avatar
I've always bought Samsung for their hardware. The first thing I do when I get my newest Samsung phone is swap everything software side with the Google version. Though I will say Touch Wiz has gotten a lot better.

Thread Tools