• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

HTupolev
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:05 AM)
HTupolev's Avatar

Originally Posted by derFeef

I can't wait to see what H3 and H4 look like on XBO, man.

You can get some approximations right now.

To see Halo 3 with better spatial sampling, take a screenshot.

To see Halo 3 at 60fps, go to theatre mode and fast-forward in a graphically-wimpy view while nothing is happening.
MetroidPrimeRib
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:05 AM)
This is certainly tempting.
Although it makes me wonder what they will do 3 years down the line for Halo 3.
BeforeU
Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
(06-11-2014, 12:06 AM)
BeforeU's Avatar

Originally Posted by singhr1

Direct-Feed B-Roll straight from xbox:

http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/d...1b05523b3d6006

http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/d...57ef9ba6dbb128

Beautiful.

wow, thanks.
OdysseusVA
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by jem0208

Well, Halo 2 campaign is getting a complete remaster for one. Then 6 of the maps are also being remade.

Other than that I think it's pretty basic, upping the res and framerate.

Don't know what happened to the rest of my message. May have clicked on the wrong tab heh

But yeah. my question was in regard to H2's original engine and tweaks. Don't care much for the remaster.
MLCodest
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:07 AM)
MLCodest's Avatar
I've played all four games but this is still one of my most anticipated games of the year. I love me some Halo and this is pretty much the best way to get (almost) all of it.
AlStrong
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:08 AM)
AlStrong's Avatar

Originally Posted by HTupolev

You can get some approximations right now.

To see Halo 3 with better spatial sampling, take a screenshot.

To see Halo 3 at 60fps, go to theatre mode and fast-forward in a graphically-wimpy view while nothing is happening.

I still expect the Forerunner and Covenant shiny structures to be crazy aliased though. :/
John Caboose
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:10 AM)
John Caboose's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

*snip*

Will you come to Sweden and marathon the campaigns with me in November for $1000?
jem0208
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:10 AM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Don't know what happened to the rest of my message. May have clicked on the wrong tab heh

But yeah. my question was in regard to H2's original engine and tweaks. Don't care much for the remaster.

The gameplay will be exactly the same except for 60fps and you can switch between the Remastered graphics layer and the original graphics layer. The original should look exactly the same as on the OG Xbox.
BigShow36
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:11 AM)
BigShow36's Avatar
As MP-centric as I am, I'm actually looking forward to the entire campaign in one "playlist" on one disk with no interruptions. That's going to be pretty neat.
HTupolev
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:11 AM)
HTupolev's Avatar

Originally Posted by AlStrong

I still expect the Forerunner and Covenant shiny structures to be crazy aliased though. :/

Oh sure. Even 4K screenshots of Halo 3 show very noticeable aliasing when specular reflections have fun with high-frequency normal maps. It's already something that you can sort of acclimate to, though, and it's going to be less extreme at 1080p.
RyudBoy
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:13 AM)
RyudBoy's Avatar

Originally Posted by BeforeU

Some people are just never satisfied I guess. If they include ODST and Reach then people will ask for Halo Wars. If they include all, people will ask for Xbox One bundle with free copy.

Halo 1-4 1080p/60fps campaign
Over 100 multiplayer maps
Halo Nightfall Show
Halo 5 beta access

Common guys, enough with the ODST and Reach. And on top of that, it makes no sense to include games where there is no master chief and call it master chief collection.

I was alluding to a separate collection. I'm content with what we're given here. Calm down, dude.
Blue Ninja
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:14 AM)
Blue Ninja's Avatar
So, is it reasonable to assume this'll be in a bundle come launch day? I'll probably pick up an Xbone, Anniversary and Destiny Nov. 11. Shit's gonna be expensive.
OdysseusVA
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:16 AM)

Originally Posted by jem0208

The gameplay will be exactly the same except for 60fps and you can switch between the Remastered graphics layer and the original graphics layer. The original should look exactly the same as on the OG Xbox.

Clarification from 343 would be nice.
Thermite
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:19 AM)
Thermite's Avatar

Originally Posted by singhr1

Direct-Feed B-Roll straight from xbox:

http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/d...1b05523b3d6006

http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/d...57ef9ba6dbb128

Beautiful.

So fucking good.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:19 AM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Yes. For you, babby.

Marry me?
bananafactory
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:21 AM)
Damn, can't view that direct video at work. Anyone got screen caps from it?
Sundown
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:25 AM)
So happy this is real. I'm buying this day one. If there is a collector's edition, I'll be all over that.
bananafactory
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:27 AM)
Have they announced a bundle for this yet? There's no way they miss out on that special edition Halo Xbox One, right?
Altered Juice
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:31 AM)
so will Halo 4, 2, and 3 be released vanilla or their latest TU build?
bidguy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Altered Juice

so will Halo 2 and 3 be released vanilla?

halo ce = anniversary edition 1080p60
halo 2 = anniversary edition 1080p60
halo 3 = vanilla 1080p60
halo 4 = vanilla 1080p60

edit: oh youre talking about updates. no clue
belushy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Altered Juice

so will Halo 2 and 3 be released vanilla or their latest TU build?

I think they will be the very last version that they were/are at this time.
DopeyFish
Not bitter, just unsweetened
(06-11-2014, 12:32 AM)
DopeyFish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Altered Juice

so will Halo 2 and 3 be released vanilla or their latest TU build?

Sounds like latest TU
Which kinda sucks because melee was screwed up hard in halo 2
cartoon_soldier
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:33 AM)
cartoon_soldier's Avatar
Is the voice in the trailer of the Arbiter?
DopeyFish
Not bitter, just unsweetened
(06-11-2014, 12:34 AM)
DopeyFish's Avatar

Originally Posted by cartoon_soldier

Is the voice in the trailer of the Arbiter?

Yup. Arbiter back in halo 5 seems possible
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:36 AM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar
If you look in Marlow/Agent Locke's visor you can see Arbiter.
Hackworth
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:37 AM)
Hackworth's Avatar
So when's the PC release?
weeeeezy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:37 AM)
Did I miss the gamespot stream too?!?!
Stasis
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:38 AM)
Stasis's Avatar
Damnit. There was absolutely no way I was getting a XB1 first, and maybe not even at all.

Now I think it's my first foray into the new age of consoles. This really is selling me.
divinedbullet
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Hackworth

So when's the PC release?

This is going to sell so many Xbox ones . I assume after the hype dies down after a year or so.
Palette Swap
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:45 AM)
Palette Swap's Avatar
Thanks for this excellent OP that clarifies a lot of questions. Great job !

Does wanting to buy an Xbox One and a second controller just for the Halo 3 part of the collection make me crazy a crazy person ?
Random17
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:46 AM)
Random17's Avatar
The Gamespot stream didn't really talk about anything new. We did see some new footage from Cairo Station, but it was still during the early phases of the mission, so the architecture style is the same.

However, some new and interesting things were said about Halo Nightfall, or at least reemphasized:

-It's about Locke, the dude on Halo 5's cover (in case people don't know)
-It's an origin story, and a spiritual successor to FuD.
-Bigger budget, Halo like things built on set.
-Frankie was at the shoot and will return to it next week. Return of Beamish, perhaps???
Collingwood
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:47 AM)
Collingwood's Avatar
Is it November 11 yet?

No?



Fuck.
Four_Chamber
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:48 AM)
Four_Chamber's Avatar
Hell, this game justifies buying an Xbox by itself

This was easily the biggest announcement of E3 for me. Its as good a value in gaming as I've ever seen. Heck, I'd pay 60 just for H2A but throw in the other three games.

Gonna set aside a weekend in November for some serious Halo binges the likes that have not been seen since I was a junior in college.
divinedbullet
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Collingwood

Is it November 11 yet?

No?



Fuck.

Now I finally understand how cartman felt waiting for the Wii
Collingwood
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:49 AM)
Collingwood's Avatar

Originally Posted by DopeyFish

Yup. Arbiter back in halo 5 seems possible

Halo 5 will be like Halo 2 is my bet.

You will switch between Chief and Agent Clarke missions a la Chief and Arbiter missions. Clarke is probably tasked with hunting chief down. That's my take on it anyway.
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:49 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Collingwood

Is it November 11 yet?

No?



Fuck.

Don't worry, we have Destiny in July and release in September to hold us over until this comes out.
Striker
got struck
(06-11-2014, 12:50 AM)
Striker's Avatar

Originally Posted by DopeyFish

Sounds like latest TU
Which kinda sucks because melee was screwed up hard in halo 2

Pre-TU melee was messed up, but the TU did address that, tightened the BR, and made grenades fairly useful.

Halo 3's melee was awful either way.
beercr8te
Banned
(06-11-2014, 12:50 AM)
Count me in, day one purchase!
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(06-11-2014, 12:51 AM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Four_Chamber

Hell, this game justifies buying an Xbox by itself

You would have to really love Halo I suppose. Remasters never do that well let alone sell systems.
Falagard
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:51 AM)
Falagard's Avatar
Actually one thing mentioned in one of the streams was that Locke is called Locke "in this timeline"

Anyone else hear that? I have a feeling we already know Locke as someone else.

Jun, The Sniper from Halo Reach who left with Halsey?

Buck? :)
Bryan Newman
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:53 AM)
Bryan Newman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Collingwood

Halo 5 will be like Halo 2 is my bet.

You will switch between Chief and Agent Clarke missions a la Chief and Arbiter missions. Clarke is probably tasked with hunting chief down. That's my take on it anyway.

Agent Locke. Not Clarke
jem0208
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:53 AM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Clarification from 343 would be nice.

Well it's how CEA worked and they have said a few times that's how it'll work this time. If you look at some of the campaign footage they've been showing they switch between the original and new graphics layers a few times. It's surprising how well original H2 holds up IMO.
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:53 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Falagard

Actually one thing mentioned in one of the streams was that Locke is called Locke "in this timeline"

Anyone else hear that? I have a feeling we already know Locke as someone else.

Jun, The Sniper from Halo Reach who left with Halsey?

Buck? :)

Buck's voice is in the multiplayer teaser for 5. I think he's a Spartan 4 now.
Dub117
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:53 AM)
Dub117's Avatar

Originally Posted by Falagard

Actually one thing mentioned in one of the streams was that Locke is called Locke "in this timeline"

Anyone else hear that? I have a feeling we already know Locke as someone else.

Jun, The Sniper from Halo Reach who left with Halsey?

Buck? :)

Well nathan voiced the halo 5 multiplayer thing, so why not buck!
Alas beaten again...
LNBL
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:54 AM)
LNBL's Avatar

Originally Posted by bananafactory

Have they announced a bundle for this yet? There's no way they miss out on that special edition Halo Xbox One, right?

I'm sure it will come in time, imagine it being bundled with that White Xbox or a special edition one.
Archpath1
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:54 AM)
Archpath1's Avatar
Just wait for dat Masterchief xbox one bundle w/green xbox/controller this fall, i feel it. It will sell.
(prolly not green lol but still)
Falagard
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:55 AM)
Falagard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bsigg12

Buck's voice is in the multiplayer teaser for 5. I think he's a Spartan 4 now.

Ya, I heard that as well. I doubt Locke is Buck, but Jun is a possibility right? Is there any story follow up on him from a book that I don't know about? Of course it could be someone else from the books as well, I'm not a Halo reader.
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:57 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

Clarification from 343 would be nice.

It should be just like CEA where the engine is running the game simulation and there are 2 renderers, the original and the remaster, running on top of tha in unison, allowing you to flip back and forth.

Originally Posted by Falagard

Ya, I heard that as well. I doubt Locke is Buck, but Jun is a possibility right? Is there any story follow up on him from a book that I don't know about? Of course it could be someone else from the books as well, I'm not a Halo reader.

Not that I know of. We'll probably have to wait for the Nightfall stuff for clarification since it is his origin story.
Celestia
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:57 AM)
Celestia's Avatar
I forgot how much I liked playing as an Elite in mp. Can't wait.
PanicFreak
Member
(06-11-2014, 12:57 AM)
PanicFreak's Avatar
I have to say, I'm still shocked that they will have the entire multiplayer suite from all four games.

Maybe they just add Halo 5 on top of it? That would be awesome.

Thread Tools