• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

VanWinkle
Member
(10-02-2017, 06:57 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by whatsinaname

That's the strongest strawman I've seen in this thread since birdie's Bendis gotg posts.

I wouldn't go as far as him, but I DO have a hard time understanding anybody who has a stronger dislike than "meh" on his most-acclaimed stuff (GL, JSA, etc.).
Baron von Loathsome
Member
(10-02-2017, 06:59 PM)
Baron von Loathsome's Avatar

Originally Posted by whatsinaname

Best moments that I can currently think of...

"I am hope" is an amazing bit.
Sandfox
Member
(10-02-2017, 07:00 PM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Wasn't you the person who said that everyone should wait for NYCC?

No, I said that NYCC could be interesting because we may get some info on what Aaron is working on and some other Legacy related thing, though that was before we knew about the schedule and No Surrender. Announcements at NYCC basically go out to April at the latest and those ones are basically just teasers.
caliph95
Member
(10-02-2017, 07:03 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

I wouldn't go as far as him, but I DO have a hard time understanding anybody who has a stronger dislike than "meh" on his most-acclaimed stuff (GL, JSA, etc.).

Yeah his JSA was especially great and his flash he's pretty consistent for me

Except for Justice League though that's probably due to New 52 though his events made up for it though Justice League of America was great
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-02-2017, 07:12 PM)
INTERVIEW: X-Men: TAS story editor & writer Eric Lewald on X-Men: TAS Book
BKatastrophe
Member
(10-02-2017, 07:34 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar
Dixon has more than one volume out for Birds of Prey, right? I can only find one of his on IST. Luckily it's the first one.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(10-02-2017, 07:42 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

INTERVIEW: X-Men: TAS story editor & writer Eric Lewald on X-Men: TAS Book

I though X-Men 90s sold pretty bad in the end. This is basicly the same when I understand right.
VanWinkle
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:00 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

Dixon has more than one volume out for Birds of Prey, right? I can only find one of his on IST. Luckily it's the first one.

Vol 2
Vol 3
Boogiepop
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:07 PM)
Boogiepop's Avatar
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=19614&lang=1

Are the Rick and Morty comics in this sale worth picking up? Like the show, so I'm curious...

Also, following up on the last time I was in here: I picked up the first volume of new52 Harley to try and read through it (wanted to see if I wanted more before the sale ended on Comixology) and... yeah, that just was not for me at all. Did nothing for me. Sorry, Messi, I have failed you! (A little sad because several other past Messi recommendations were so on point, especially Sunstone, and I recall all the love for it back when I was at least semi-active in these threads...)
BKatastrophe
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:20 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

Vol 2
Vol 3

That's weird. I swear I searched for those before and they never came up. Oh well. They're fine now.
Messi
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:22 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by mreddie

Rebirth: change happened immediatly
Legacy: Wait about 6 months...

Most of the stories they are clearly hyping in the book are starting in the next month
Messi
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:26 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boogiepop

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=19614&lang=1

Are the Rick and Morty comics in this sale worth picking up? Like the show, so I'm curious...

Also, following up on the last time I was in here: I picked up the first volume of new52 Harley to try and read through it (wanted to see if I wanted more before the sale ended on Comixology) and... yeah, that just was not for me at all. Did nothing for me. Sorry, Messi, I have failed you! (A little sad because several other past Messi recommendations were so on point, especially Sunstone, and I recall all the love for it back when I was at least semi-active in these threads...)

I openly said that run is only OK and not for everyone. I don't mind. It's why I said try the first volume and see.
Boogiepop
Member
(10-02-2017, 08:42 PM)
Boogiepop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

I openly said that run is only OK and not for everyone. I don't mind. It's why I said try the first volume and see.

Yeah, you were totally fair and right on that! Still a bit of a shame, because as I've said, in the past the stuff you've raved about has worked out really well for me. Still, not everything is for everyone, yeah!
VanWinkle
Member
(10-02-2017, 09:19 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

I openly said that run is only OK and not for everyone. I don't mind. It's why I said try the first volume and see.

My wife is loving the omnibus, so even if I end up not really enjoying it, I won't be torn up about it.
Penguin
(10-02-2017, 09:33 PM)
Penguin's Avatar
The answer to Batman's wedding proposal is out

Hidden in Text so No Spoilers from URL
caliph95
Member
(10-02-2017, 09:35 PM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Penguin

The answer to Batman's wedding proposal is out

Hidden in Text so No Spoilers from URL

Sooooooooooo
How long is this going to last
Ross61
Member
(10-02-2017, 09:37 PM)
Ross61's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

Sooooooooooo
How long is this going to last

Until Helena is born
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-02-2017, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Penguin

The answer to Batman's wedding proposal is out

Hidden in Text so No Spoilers from URL

Yeeeesssssssssssss

Also, King confirmed like a month ago that if she said yes and they had a baby it would be a girl named Helena~

I'm making the thread the day the issue is out.

Edit:

Father_Brain
Banned
(10-02-2017, 09:49 PM)
Father_Brain's Avatar

Originally Posted by mreddie

Rebirth: change happened immediatly
Legacy: Wait about 6 months...

It's not much of a secret that Legacy is more of a stopgap to boost sales for the last few months of the year than an actual relaunch, given that (IIRC) less than a quarter of the books are new or have new creative teams.

Doesn't mean that what Marvel has planned for 2018 will actually be enough, of course.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(10-02-2017, 09:50 PM)
jon bones's Avatar
OK you get to pick what I read next:

Batman N52 Endgame -> All-Star Batman

or

Forever Evil -> Justice League N52 6-8 -> GL Rebirth

🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-02-2017, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by jon bones

OK you get to pick what I read next:

Batman N52 Endgame -> All-Star Batman

or

Forever Evil -> Justice League N52 6-8 -> GL Rebirth

🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃

Finish up Batman.
VanWinkle
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:06 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar

Originally Posted by jon bones

OK you get to pick what I read next:

Batman N52 Endgame -> All-Star Batman

or

Forever Evil -> Justice League N52 6-8 -> GL Rebirth

🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃

I'm going to say Forever Evil, because the fact that you're skipping Zero Year for some reason (lol) means that two Joker stories in a row could be monotonous.
Messi
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:21 PM)
Messi's Avatar
Lorebot is down?

Rafael Alberquerque and Neil Gaiman book 'A study in Emerald' revealed

https://amp.pastemagazine.com/articl...erque-raf.html

I hope this book re energises Rafael and let's him do cool shit.
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-02-2017, 10:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Messi

Lorebot is down?

Rafael Alberquerque and Neil Gaiman book 'A study in Emerald' revealed



https://amp.pastemagazine.com/articl...erque-raf.html

I hope this book re energises Rafael and let's him do cool shit.

I saw it but thought it was just a cover for the new book :(
BKatastrophe
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:28 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Penguin

The answer to Batman's wedding proposal is out

Hidden in Text so No Spoilers from URL

Whether you like it or not, King's run on Batman is going down in history as something special.
Messi
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:39 PM)
Messi's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

Whether you like it or not, King's run on Batman is going down in history as something special.

Is it? Feels like pretty standard Batman to me.
frye
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:44 PM)
frye's Avatar
huh I've actually read that Gaimain short story before
BKatastrophe
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:48 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Messi

Is it? Feels like pretty standard Batman to me.

I haven't read it, but I think it will purely based on how divisive it is. That, and some of the contributions to Batman's mythos and overall arc. Maybe not as huge as say, Morrison and Snyder, but it'll still be up there.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(10-02-2017, 10:53 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
This is the first time I have seen the Gladiator incostume (lol, somehow I thought Melvin Potter was black and was super confused when the arc started) and I have not the slightest idea how his costume is supposed to work. Do his blades randomly pop out of his arm?
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(10-02-2017, 11:07 PM)
jon bones's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Finish up Batman.

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

I'm going to say Forever Evil, because the fact that you're skipping Zero Year for some reason (lol) means that two Joker stories in a row could be monotonous.

Thanks, I'm gonna do Forever Evil and JL book 6 then see how I feel. Might save Darkseid War for after the JL movie.
Freezasaurus
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:08 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

I'm going to say Forever Evil, because the fact that you're skipping Zero Year for some reason (lol) means that two Joker stories in a row could be monotonous.

I also vote Forever Evil.

Originally Posted by Messi

Rafael Alberquerque and Neil Gaiman book 'A study in Emerald' revealed

I hope this book re energises Rafael and let's him do cool shit.

Meh. I'm totally burnt out on Gaiman.
BKatastrophe
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:33 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar
When it comes to modern comics (2005 onward) what writer has done a good job of bringing in new characters for the Big Two? I love Gail Simone for it. Jeanette, Strix, Black Alice, and Porcelain are all pretty awesome, and I'm bummed that they don't get used more.

Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF

This is the first time I have seen the Gladiator incostume (lol, somehow I thought Melvin Potter was black and was super confused when the arc started) and I have not the slightest idea how his costume is supposed to work. Do his blades randomly pop out of his arm?

He shows up in Bendis' run in costume wearing circular saw gauntlets.
tim1138
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:37 PM)
tim1138's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

When it comes to modern comics (2005 onward) what writer has done a good job of bringing in new characters for the Big Two? I love Gail Simone for it. Jeanette, Strix, Black Alice, and Porcelain are all pretty awesome, and I'm bummed that they don't get used more.

Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison
error4041
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:43 PM)
error4041's Avatar

Originally Posted by BKatastrophe

When it comes to modern comics (2005 onward) what writer has done a good job of bringing in new characters for the Big Two? I love Gail Simone for it. Jeanette, Strix, Black Alice, and Porcelain are all pretty awesome, and I'm bummed that they don't get used more..

Charles Soule does a pretty good job at making new characters. his Inhumans run obviously introduced a lot of new inhuman characters (Lash, Inferno, Auran, Flint, Swain, Mcgee, Reader, Iso, Lineage) and his Daredevil run has Muse, Tenfingers, and Blindspot, which range from lol-worthy to pretty fucking cool.

Didn't he also introduce a bunch of new wolverine-type characters after Logan's death?
RedHoodedOwl
Member
(10-02-2017, 11:48 PM)
RedHoodedOwl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Penguin

The answer to Batman's wedding proposal is out

Hidden in Text so No Spoilers from URL

I don't see the appeal of their relationship.
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-02-2017, 11:54 PM)
Yo, this page from the Flash tie-in to Metal:

geomon
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:06 AM)
geomon's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Yo, this page from the Flash tie-in to Metal:

Oh my god, a Mr. Terrific sighting. Someone hold me.
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-03-2017, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by geomon

Oh my god, a Mr. Terrific sighting. Someone hold me.

Well yeah, he's leading his own team soon.
geomon
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:09 AM)
geomon's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Well yeah, he's leading his own team soon.

Really? I must look this up.
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-03-2017, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by geomon

Really? I must look this up.

The Terrifics~

Edit: Big Bang has some words on Legacy and its shitty lenticular cover.
Wanderer5
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:26 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar
Oh my, dat first production run face.

mreddie
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:30 AM)
mreddie's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

The Terrifics~

Edit: Big Bang has some words on Legacy and its shitty lenticular cover.

Yeah, I heard the lent cover was rushed as fuck and that's a bad sign for the other lent covers planned.

Doesn't help Mahvoo wants stores to buy a assload of copies just to get 10 lent covers.
caliph95
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:31 AM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

Oh my, dat first production run face.

I can tell who is this for

Need to expect his back to confirm
Wanderer5
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:33 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by caliph95

I can tell who is this for

Need to expect his back to confirm

:P
Freezasaurus
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:34 AM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

Oh my, dat first production run face.

Still debating on ordering this one.

Originally Posted by mreddie

Yeah, I heard the lent cover was rushed as fuck and that's a bad sign for the other lent covers planned.

Doesn't help Mahvoo wants stores to buy a assload of copies just to get 10 lent covers.

Jesus Fucking Fuck Marvel. Good stories sell books. Not fucking trash covers that require shops to buy so much tonnage of your shit for the privilege of buying them. This is why you're fucking failing.
LordOfLore
Banned
(10-03-2017, 12:35 AM)

Originally Posted by mreddie

Yeah, I heard the lent cover was rushed as fuck and that's a bad sign for the other lent covers planned.

Doesn't help Mahvoo wants stores to buy a assload of copies just to get 10 lent covers.

BB lost money on this and there are no huge pre-orders for Marvel books the very next week like there was with Rebirth(which sold out).
Wanderer5
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:40 AM)
Wanderer5's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Still debating on ordering this one.

Yeah same. I do like Dick Grayson, and of course he will scale well with the bishoujos. I'll probably get him when he gets discounted on Amazon later on.
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(10-03-2017, 12:40 AM)
jon bones's Avatar
guysss

Forever Evil was pretty great fun

i'm glad I have some context between Death of the Family & Grayson, too

just read Simon Baz's origin story. gonna pick up JL and see what Jessica Cruz is all about. i'm hoping it has to do with Power Ring from the Crime Syndicate's ring.
caliph95
Member
(10-03-2017, 12:43 AM)
caliph95's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wanderer5

:P

Sandfox
Member
(10-03-2017, 01:13 AM)
Sandfox's Avatar
Why would anyone want a Sonic movie?

Thread Tools