• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

TheExorzist
(11-09-2017, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Valonquar

Totally re-buy when it drops sub $20, which it should do rather quickly.

Yup, this. Will buy for 20 squids.
Typhares
(11-09-2017, 03:36 PM)
As someone that never played the game maybe.

Can anyone tell me how long is the game? Is it actually worth playing story wise?
JohnnyFootball
The Last of Us may be third person, but it is hardly third person.
(11-09-2017, 03:37 PM)

Originally Posted by MilkyJoe

To be honest of all the games to remaster in 4K, you have to put this down to what were they thinking?

Why? I doubt it was number one on many people's lists of games they want remastered, but I don't see it falling in the category you listed.

It was a reasonably popular title back when it was released and they probably want to gauge whether it is a franchise worth revisiting.
JohnnyFootball
The Last of Us may be third person, but it is hardly third person.
(11-09-2017, 03:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Typhares

Can anyone tell me how long is the game? Is it actually worth playing story wise?

I actually liked the game quite a bit and while there is a bit of an overall story, it's more a bunch of cases.
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(11-09-2017, 04:09 PM)
Yes. I was looking to replay it over the summer. I'm glad I waited and will be getting it on PS4.
DryvBy
(11-09-2017, 04:10 PM)
When it drops a bit. If it had some more missions, yes, I would. But I already platinumed and 100% that game on Steam and PS4.
keltickennedy
ah can't conversate
(11-09-2017, 04:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Typhares

Yes. Though the game kind of overstays it's welcome with the final act.

I would recommend not going into it expecting a GTA like experience. I remember a few friends back during the original release who thought that it was going to be GTA 1947. They were pretty disappointed.
Powerwing
(11-09-2017, 04:45 PM)
First preview ?

http://www.techradar.com/news/hands-...-game-la-noire

Originally Posted by techradar

Visually, the game looks as good as it did when it was first released, displaying at a clean and crisp 1080p resolution in docked mode and 720p in handheld mode. .

First trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58lBgFcvK4
Falchion
(11-09-2017, 05:34 PM)
I will be just for those DLC cases I never played the first time.
Memnoch
(11-09-2017, 06:20 PM)
I'm buying it.
Poot Poot Splash
(11-09-2017, 06:54 PM)
I Beat it once. That was good enough for me so no I will not be buying it.
HyGogg
(11-09-2017, 07:17 PM)
I played it when it first came out and beat it, but it was among a handful of games swiped when I got robbed and I haven't touched it since. If I'm sufficiently done with Mario Odyssey by the time it comes out, I might pick it up to hold me over until Xenoblade comes out.
HussiZooT
(11-09-2017, 08:03 PM)
Even though I quite liked the game, I don't see any reason to replay it. I know who is the criminal and I know how the story goes and truth be told, this game isn't loved for its gameplay. For me at least.
Makaveli.
(11-09-2017, 09:23 PM)
I will.
EDarkness
(11-09-2017, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Powerwing

First preview ?

http://www.techradar.com/news/hands-...-game-la-noire

First trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p58lBgFcvK4

That's a good writeup. I'm definitely gonna pick this up for the NS. Gyro aiming and camera movement is gonna be great. Something I wish DOOM would have added. At least they were cool enough to get lots of NS specific features added to the game. Maybe I'll actually beat it this time.
xviper
(11-09-2017, 11:04 PM)
loved the original, maybe i'd buy it used
DanielJr82
(11-09-2017, 11:06 PM)
Bought it when it first came out. I think I may double dip if I see it on sale.
Bl@de
(11-09-2017, 11:23 PM)
Never played it and the PC version is looked to 30 anyways and according to PCGamingWiki with some issues, so Ill get it on PS4 Pro. Friends say its a really good game.
WhiteEagle
(11-09-2017, 11:41 PM)
Sure, but they changed the old system (truth, doubt, lie) to the new system (bad cop, good cop, accuse)... WHY?!
Bl@de
(11-09-2017, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by WhiteEagle

Sure, but they changed the old system (truth, doubt, lie) to the new system (bad cop, good cop, accuse)... WHY?!

Hmm? Is there a list of changes? Thought its just a graphical update
smoothj
(11-09-2017, 11:44 PM)
I've never played it so yeah maybe. I want to pick up skyrim and XB2 first.
WhiteEagle
(11-09-2017, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Bl@de

Hmm? Is there a list of changes? Thought its just a graphical update

Also: https://kotaku.com/rockstar-changed-...rem-1820293165

Edit: Hey, but maybe its not dat bad
FrostyLemon
(11-10-2017, 12:01 AM)
So can someone explain the general gameplay loop in comparison to other Rockstar games? I'm on the fence with this one, I've never played it but heard good and bad things. Part of me wants to support Rockstar, but another part of me wishes it was just GTA V.
Flux
(11-10-2017, 12:05 AM)

Originally Posted by FrostyLemon

So can someone explain the general gameplay loop in comparison to other Rockstar games? I'm on the fence with this one, I've never played it but heard good and bad things. Part of me wants to support Rockstar, but another part of me wishes it was just GTA V.

Police crime scene procedural searching for evidence with an interrogation system to probe suspects.

In terms of gameplay, you should take GTA out of your mind and treat it more like a Telltale game loop.
wipeout364
(11-10-2017, 01:16 AM)
I really enjoyed the story and the gameplay was OK. I think I would buy it and it would sit on my large pile of shame so I will pass till it has a deep discount.
fernoca
(11-10-2017, 02:37 AM)
If the Switch version comes with a manual and poster like other Rockstar releases, I'll buy that and download the recquired 14GB.

If its just the game, I'll just download it from the eShop.
newtypepilot
(11-10-2017, 02:40 AM)
nope, this is one of those games where there isn't much replay value. Once you've cleared all the cases there really isn't much to do.
nush
(11-10-2017, 02:42 AM)
It's a pass for me as I own the original.
hzsn724
(11-10-2017, 02:53 AM)
Never played it so yes.
Rellik
(11-10-2017, 03:21 AM)

Originally Posted by WhiteEagle

It was never meant to be truth, doubt, lie. That's why the choices were so odd in the original game. The facial reactions were done for a different system so didn't match up with the truth, doubt, lie.

That's why Cole would lose his shit over nothing.
Memorabilia
(11-10-2017, 03:56 AM)
I'll pick it up when it's $15 or less.
Tohsaka
(11-10-2017, 05:16 AM)
Nah, don't feel the need to replay it.
JustCheeze
(11-10-2017, 05:27 AM)
Will pick it up on PS+, maybe. Oh wait....
Tevious
(11-10-2017, 06:59 AM)

Originally Posted by zeorhymer

Not at (re)launch. I may pick it up again when it's like $10 or something like that.

This. Already own it on PS3. No pressing desire to play it again right now. I'd only buy it again on PS4 for convienence and that's only worth 10 bucks or less to me.
McDuck
(11-10-2017, 07:34 AM)
Picking up the Switch version. It doesn't seem like they half-assed the port and portability is always welcome.
EraErr0r1
(11-11-2017, 07:25 AM)
Contemplating the Xbox One release for the 4k experience. Thinking about possibly playing this one with my girlfriend sitting next to me and seeing if we can get some enjoyment playing through together.
Hinedorf
(11-11-2017, 07:27 AM)
Day 1 buy for me, never played it though so it might as well be new