• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 01:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Madness

Is this currently available for play on the show floor at E3?

Its being shown 'behind closed doors' according to one of the devs on one of the streams.
Poker Face
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:32 AM)
Poker Face's Avatar
Sooo will proximity voice be in Halo 2?
HenryGale
(06-11-2014, 01:33 AM)
HenryGale's Avatar
Stinkles...

Collectors edition?

Unicorn armor? Please?
BeforeU
Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
(06-11-2014, 01:33 AM)
BeforeU's Avatar

Originally Posted by metareferential

100% sure of it.

Holiday, new price, all the Halo you want, when you want it, with your friends.

And Halo 5 beta.

No way this doesn't sell gangbusters.

I'd say it will outsell everything on X1 (CoD not included).

To be honest, I believe it will outsell COD as well. COD sales are already going downward.
E92 M3
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:34 AM)
E92 M3's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poker Face

Sooo will proximity voice be in Halo 2?

I doubt its usefulness it today's social landscape, but back in the day, I tricked a whole team by pretending giving fake info. And then I planted a bomb. It was so great...
Jrs3000
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:34 AM)
Jrs3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by divinedbullet

Now I finally understand how cartman felt waiting for the Wii

That just came on last night lol.
SFenton
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by BeforeU

To be honest, I believe it will outsell COD as well. COD sales are already going downward.

That's a bold claim, and one that, honestly, could go either way. Advanced Warfare's reception has been pretty positive at large so far.
RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Chittagong

Is it weird I am way more excited about this than Halo 5?

No i'm the same, Halo 1-3 are 3 of my favorite games of all time. In fact Halo: CE blew me away more than any game ever has at the time of release, from the amazing graphics to mind blowing music to just an amazing story and experience.
I was actually a huge PS2 fanboy at the time and didn't want an Xbox but i caved in after seeing bits of Halo and after experiencing Halo first hand, i found it VERY hard to go back to PS2 for a good while.
Falagard
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:36 AM)
Falagard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poker Face

Sooo will proximity voice be in Halo 2?

Good question!
Jarrod38
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:36 AM)
Jarrod38's Avatar
If the Golden Warthog isn't on Headlong no buy from me.
rokkerkory
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:37 AM)
rokkerkory's Avatar
Who is in on legendary play through halo1-4??
RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 01:38 AM)

Originally Posted by BeforeU

To be honest, I believe it will outsell COD as well. COD sales are already going downward.

Nah i think thats impossible. COD Ghosts sales did go down SLIGHTLY but Ghosts was the first COD to ever really get any negative reviews and press, combine that with a suprising lack of marketing (by COD standards) and there is what happened.

With the way the new COD looks, i expect COD to be right back at the top sales wise.
Collingwood
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:39 AM)
Collingwood's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bryan Newman

Agent Locke. Not Clarke

Oops. Sounded like Clarke, and I'm not really all that up on my Lore. Never been a real "story" guy in videogames.

Just play the fun ones and Halo has always been top of the pops for that.
FUNKNOWN iXi
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:42 AM)
FUNKNOWN iXi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarrod38

If the Golden Warthog isn't on Headlong no buy from me.

I can't wait to see Yoda on Backwash.
Madness
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:43 AM)
Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by RetroStu

Its being shown 'behind closed doors' according to one of the devs on one of the streams.

Oh, damn. Based on the conference video and then the IGN interview, it seems like it was more than playable. But I can understand why they might not want to give gamers full access yet.

Here's hoping they show full videos of matches from each version of game.

Also Frank, please tell us, is the FoV bumped up in Halo 3?
E92 M3
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:44 AM)
E92 M3's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

Who is in on legendary play through halo1-4??

In for the insanity.
Random17
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:44 AM)
Random17's Avatar
And maybe the Gate on Delta Halo will actually do something this time?
Crazypanda_85
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:46 AM)
Crazypanda_85's Avatar

Originally Posted by RetroStu

Nah i think thats impossible. COD Ghosts sales did go down SLIGHTLY but Ghosts was the first COD to ever really get any negative reviews and press, combine that with a suprising lack of marketing (by COD standards) and there is what happened.

With the way the new COD looks, i expect COD to be right back at the top sales wise.

This. Plus, CoD is on more than one platform. I'm buying both so I'm not going to be the deciding vote in that race :)
Courage
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:47 AM)
Courage's Avatar

Originally Posted by RetroStu

Nah i think thats impossible. COD Ghosts sales did go down SLIGHTLY but Ghosts was the first COD to ever really get any negative reviews and press, combine that with a suprising lack of marketing (by COD standards) and there is what happened.

With the way the new COD looks, i expect COD to be right back at the top sales wise.

I have to agree. Also the "Warfare" branding is gonna get them sales.
Estocolmo
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:47 AM)
Estocolmo's Avatar
At first I was glad, as every Halo fan out there. But then I realised this collection doesn't contain the re-mastered versions of Halo 3 and 4, only 2. Even though Halo 4 looks very very good I would still like both that game and the third to get the remastered treatment. Because they will release all Master Chief games as a collection it feels like we won't get a remastered version of 3 or 4 in the future. That sucks
JayEH
Junior Member
(06-11-2014, 01:48 AM)
JayEH's Avatar
Halo: The Master Chief Collection |OT| 60 frames and 4 games

Yeah I know it's bad :P
HTupolev
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:49 AM)
HTupolev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Madness

Also Frank, please tell us, is the FoV bumped up in Halo 3?

Just play Halo 3 2p split-screen, IT'S OVER 90.00!!!
Twin Tails
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:50 AM)

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

Who is in on legendary play through halo1-4??

If there is a achievement for doing all 4 games on legendary solo. That's the first thing i'm doing when i get the game.
Bryan Newman
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:50 AM)
Bryan Newman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Estocolmo

At first I was glad, as every Halo fan out there. But then I realised this collection doesn't contain the re-mastered versions of Halo 3 and 4, only 2. Even though Halo 4 looks very very good I would still like both that game and the third to get the remastered treatment. Because they will release all Master Chief games as a collection it feels like we won't get a remastered version of 3 or 4 in the future. That sucks



*goldmember voice*

"Vell, it sheems there is no pleezing you"
jem0208
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:53 AM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by Falagard

In multiplayer, yes the CE graphics and gameplay are going to seem very primitive compared to Halo 4. In fact, I bet its going to be pretty interesting to see how rose colored my glasses are when I play my favorite MP of the series, Halo 2, alongside the others haha.

Campaign will look great throughout all them, though.

I too wonder whether or not I am actually going to prefer playing CE to 4. Even going back to 3 feels... Wrong at first for me.
RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 01:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Estocolmo

At first I was glad, as every Halo fan out there. But then I realised this collection doesn't contain the re-mastered versions of Halo 3 and 4, only 2. Even though Halo 4 looks very very good I would still like both that game and the third to get the remastered treatment. Because they will release all Master Chief games as a collection it feels like we won't get a remastered version of 3 or 4 in the future. That sucks

Dude you can't complain about this package, you just can't.
Also Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps will probably look like a fully fledged X1 title its that good looking already and Halo 3's only real problem was the awful jaggies, dat lighting!.
HiiiLife
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:56 AM)
HiiiLife's Avatar
Need some CE gameplay plz.
HTupolev
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:56 AM)
HTupolev's Avatar

Originally Posted by jem0208

Even going back to 3 feels... Wrong at first for me.

Halo 3 felt "wrong" at first to a lot of people even coming from Halo's 1 and 2.
Falagard
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:57 AM)
Falagard's Avatar

Originally Posted by jem0208

I too wonder whether or not I am actually going to prefer playing CE to 4. Even going back to 3 feels... Wrong at first for me.

I think 1080p and 60fps with some AA may make a big enough difference.

Can't wait to play Halo 2 multiplayer again!
Fata1moose
Banned
(06-11-2014, 01:59 AM)
Since Halo CE fans got screwed over with Headlong being one of the remastered maps for Anniversary, can we get a remastered version of Sidewinder as one of the 6 maps?

I'm being facetious.
RoKKeR
Member
(06-11-2014, 01:59 AM)
RoKKeR's Avatar
Are any of CE's maps getting the anniversary treatment?

Also, for Halo 2's non anniversary maps, will the HD weapon skins/HUD's just be overlaid over the old stuff?
divinedbullet
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Fata1moose

Since Halo CE fans got screwed over with Headlong being one of the remastered maps for Anniversary, can we get a remastered version of Sidewinder as one of the 6 maps?

I'm being facetious.

Originals>
klodeckel
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:02 AM)

Originally Posted by RoKKeR

Are any of CE's maps getting the anniversary treatment?

Also, for Halo 2's non anniversary maps, will the HD weapon skins/HUD's just be overlaid over the old stuff?

1. No. "Just" 1080p/60fps.
2. No. Handled seperately. Halo 2 classic MP - original gfx engine / Halo 2 classic MP - new gfx (6 maps, with forge, better effects, HUD etc, but still classic Halo 2 gameplay). This would look pretty alien otherwise.
Human_me
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:04 AM)
Oh god I am sooooo hype for this.

I want it NOW!
jem0208
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:08 AM)
jem0208's Avatar

Originally Posted by Falagard

I think 1080p and 60fps with some AA may make a big enough difference.

Can't wait to play Halo 2 multiplayer again!

Oh I'm not too worried about the graphics tbh. But the differences in gameplay are gonna be pretty huge, that said I am still ridiculously excited to play some CE and 2 online.

Originally Posted by HTupolev

Halo 3 felt "wrong" at first to a lot of people even coming from Halo's 1 and 2.

I don't agree with that. At the time 3 was incredible and it still is. Just feels weird when coming from playing a lot of 4.
Estocolmo
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:09 AM)
Estocolmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by RetroStu

Dude you can't complain about this package, you just can't.
Also Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps will probably look like a fully fledged X1 title its that good looking already and Halo 3's only real problem was the awful jaggies, dat lighting!.

In the long run I'm not sure. This MC collection will void any future Halo 3 and 4 re-masters won't it? Because I'm sure they are not going to re-re-release Halo 3 and 4 again when its anniversary time for them.

Halo 3 would benefit from a re-master treatment because the graphics in that game is not as advanced as it is in H4.

And yes Halo 4 as you said is going to look insane in 1080p/60fps, but imagine how a 2022 Halo 4 anniversary would look like...maybe well never get it now.
Booshka
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:11 AM)
Booshka's Avatar

Originally Posted by divinedbullet

Originals>

This, I never needed upgraded graphics, up the framerate, resolution and put it on dedi's; I'm good to go.

No graphics look as good as 60 FPS feels.
Estocolmo
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:11 AM)
Estocolmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bryan Newman

*goldmember voice*

"Vell, it sheems there is no pleezing you"

Think about it in the long run. Its a bonus that we get all four MC games in 1080p/60FPS now, but this will mean that we will never get a H3 and H4 re-masters in the future because of this collection. And that sucks!
divinedbullet
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Booshka

This, I never needed upgraded graphics, up the framerate, resolution and put it on dedi's; I'm good to go.

No graphics look as good as 60 FPS feels.

This and the maps they redid on halo ce remake they changed stuff around and added items. Was stupid.
TigerKnee
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:13 AM)
TigerKnee's Avatar
Man. All of this for $60. MS basically forced my to buy an XB1
Vigilant Walrus
Junior Member
(06-11-2014, 02:13 AM)
Vigilant Walrus's Avatar
Will Halo 1 and Halo 2 have Forge and Theater???
RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:14 AM)

Originally Posted by Estocolmo

Think about it in the long run. Its a bonus that we get all four MC games in 1080p/60FPS now, but this will mean that we will never get a H3 and H4 re-masters in the future because of this collection. And that sucks!

I'd love to know what the devs think if they read your posts. They are putting together what is possibly the best value game package ever made and some people still aren't happy.
The Flash
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by TigerKnee

Man. All of this for $60. MS basically forced my to buy an XB1

No. MS didn't force you to do anything. You're love for and desire to be with the Master Chief convinced you to buy an Xbox One.

Originally Posted by Vigilant Walrus

Will Halo 1 and Halo 2 have Forge and Theater???

The six remade maps for H2A will have Forge. Vanilla CE and H2 will not. Don't know about Theater mode.
Woorloog
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Vigilant Walrus

Will Halo 1 and Halo 2 have Forge and Theater???

No and no. Halo 2's "Anniversary MP" (6 maps) will have them though, apparently.
RoKKeR
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:16 AM)
RoKKeR's Avatar

Originally Posted by klodeckel1990

1. No. "Just" 1080p/60fps.
2. No. Handled seperately. Halo 2 classic MP - original gfx engine / Halo 2 classic MP - new gfx (6 maps, with forge, better effects, HUD etc, but still classic Halo 2 gameplay). This would look pretty alien otherwise.

So basically the Halo CE and Halo 2 non-anniversary multiplayer is just going to look like it used to but running in 1080/60?

If I'm understanding you correctly.
Dub117
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:17 AM)
Dub117's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoKKeR

So basically the Halo CE and Halo 2 non-anniversary multiplayer is just going to look like it used to but running in 1080/60?

If I'm understanding you correctly.

Yes
RoKKeR
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:18 AM)
RoKKeR's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dub117

Yes

Ok, sounds good for me. I imagine there will be plenty of playlist options, looking forward to how they work all of that.
Estocolmo
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:18 AM)
Estocolmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by RetroStu

I'd love to know what the devs think if they read your posts. They are putting together what is possibly the best value game package ever made and some people still aren't happy.

Well dont get me wrong, I think this will be GOTY of the year together with Destiny. But still, I just can't ignore that H3 & H4 is never going to get anniversary editions because of this giant collection.
Booshka
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:18 AM)
Booshka's Avatar

Originally Posted by divinedbullet

This and the maps they redid on halo ce remake they changed stuff around and added items. Was stupid.

I was so salty I never bought CEA and have only played like one Anniversary playlist in Reach. Good on them for doing this, but I should have been playing CE MP on XBL for the past 2+ years now. Not enough people appreciate the original Halo's MP for that to have been a thing though.

I imagine very few people will stick with Halo CE MP in this collection as well, seems most Halo fans don't think it is as amazing as I do. I suspect Halo 2 and 3 will be the most popular, which will probably influence some of Halo 5's design.
RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Estocolmo

Well dont get me wrong, I think this will be GOTY of the year together with Destiny. But still, I just can't ignore that H3 & H4 is never going to get anniversary editions because of this giant collection.

They probably will, in fact Halo 4 will almost be certain as the next Xbox will surely be out by the 10 year anniversary. Halo 3 will probably happen but it will be a cut price release.

Thread Tools