• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Hawkeye 131
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:24 AM)
Hawkeye 131's Avatar
Being a Junior member I can't create new threads yet so maybe someone else can help out here.

So around the 1 minute mark in the Phantom Dust's E3 trailer, in the upper left corner is a picture of what looks (to me at least), of some Elites from Halo Wars...

Could MS be teasing a Halo Wars sequel here?

Here's the trailer for reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdlMly6KJrQ

-Hawk
Garrett 2U
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:24 AM)
Garrett 2U's Avatar
i'm still in shock that this exists. best announcement ever
Kibbles
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:25 AM)
Kibbles's Avatar
http://a.pomf.se/oarzaq.webm

(They should bring these SMGs over to the Campaign. Look closer to the original)
divinedbullet
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Booshka

I was so salty I never bought CEA and have only played like one Anniversary playlist in Reach. Good on them for doing this, but I should have been playing CE MP on XBL for the past 2+ years now. Not enough people appreciate the original Halo's MP for that to have been a thing though.

I imagine very few people will stick with Halo CE MP in this collection as well, seems most Halo fans don't think it is as amazing as I do. I suspect Halo 2 and 3 will be the most popular, which will probably influence some of Halo 5's design.

If it's the original mp , people will play it. That reach engine map pack they came out with two years ago sucked .
divinedbullet
Banned
(06-11-2014, 02:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Kibbles

http://a.pomf.se/oarzaq.webm

Take my Fucking money
BigShow36
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:27 AM)
BigShow36's Avatar

Originally Posted by Booshka

I was so salty I never bought CEA and have only played like one Anniversary playlist in Reach. Good on them for doing this, but I should have been playing CE MP on XBL for the past 2+ years now. Not enough people appreciate the original Halo's MP for that to have been a thing though.

I imagine very few people will stick with Halo CE MP in this collection as well, seems most Halo fans don't think it is as amazing as I do. I suspect Halo 2 and 3 will be the most popular, which will probably influence some of Halo 5's design.

I've actually been quite surprised at how many people have come out of the woodwork for Halo CE. Personally, as long as I can consistently find a match I'll be happy.
Booshka
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:28 AM)
Booshka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kibbles

http://a.pomf.se/oarzaq.webm

Halo 2 SMG Starts was the best, I loved peppering snipers then getting blained shortly thereafter.
XxCGSxX
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:29 AM)
XxCGSxX's Avatar
Why only 6 maps for Halo 2 Remastered multiplayer? :'( I'm kinda dissapointed.
Madness
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:31 AM)
Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigShow36

I've actually been quite surprised at how many people have come out of the woodwork for Halo CE. Personally, as long as I can consistently find a match I'll be happy.

With dedis, shouldn't be a problem much. Your only problem may be, once the hype dies down, the only people left will be new BK's trying it out, or guys who will tear you a new one. But it's early in the gen, I can easily see each game having player bases of at least thousands or more.
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:32 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by XxCGSxX

Why only 6 maps for Halo 2 Remastered multiplayer? :'( I'm kinda dissapointed.

Well all 25 maps will be there. They just remade 6 from the ground up and added the ability to forge it.
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(06-11-2014, 02:32 AM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Estocolmo

Well dont get me wrong, I think this will be GOTY of the year together with Destiny. But still, I just can't ignore that H3 & H4 is never going to get anniversary editions because of this giant collection.

You think this will be GOTY? Some of you guys are really making a lot of unprecedented predictions.

A collection of games with 2 remasters is GOTY? Going back to the sales predictions, this game comes out in 5 months by then Xbox will have 8-10mil install base. Halo CE anniversary sold something like 2 mil with a substantially bigger install base on 360. Basically, for this package to do what you guys are saying it will have to break every historical precedent.
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:33 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

You think this will be GOTY? Some of you guys are really making a lot of unprecedented predictions.

A collection of games with 2 remasters is GOTY? Going back to the sales predictions, this game comes out in 5 months by then Xbox will have 8-10mil install base. Halo CE anniversary sold something like 2 mil with a substantially bigger install base on 360. Basically, for this package to do what you guys are saying it will have to break every historical precedent.

Remaster/Collection of the Year.
XxCGSxX
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:33 AM)
XxCGSxX's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bsigg12

Well all 25 maps will be there. They just remade 6 from the ground up and added the ability to forge it.

No new graphical updates for those right? :/
Dub117
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:33 AM)
Dub117's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hawkeye 131

Being a Junior member I can't create new threads yet so maybe someone else can help out here.

So around the 1 minute mark in the Phantom Dust's E3 trailer, in the upper left corner is a picture of what looks (to me at least), of some Elites from Halo Wars...

Could MS be teasing a Halo Wars sequel here?

Here's the trailer for reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdlMly6KJrQ

-Hawk

There is something there for sure, I just can't tell what.
antigoon
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:35 AM)
antigoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Booshka

I imagine very few people will stick with Halo CE MP in this collection as well, seems most Halo fans don't think it is as amazing as I do. I suspect Halo 2 and 3 will be the most popular, which will probably influence some of Halo 5's design.

While I have a giant soft spot for Halo 2 and expect to play a TON of it, I am definitely looking forward to getting back to CE. I was in love (and still am) with the purity of that multiplayer and what it had to offer. What I'm really excited about is being able to play 2v2s, which is something I only ever got to do on XBC and XLink because I only had one other actual friend who would play CE with me.

I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if Halo 2 and 3 influence 5's multiplayer design. Coming from Reach and 4, it would be a godsend. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see the spirit of CE returning any time soon. I'm just happy I will be able to play it with people for the first time in 10 years.
HenryGale
(06-11-2014, 02:36 AM)
HenryGale's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dub117

There is something there for sure, I just can't tell what.

Originally Posted by Hawkeye 131

Being a Junior member I can't create new threads yet so maybe someone else can help out here.

So around the 1 minute mark in the Phantom Dust's E3 trailer, in the upper left corner is a picture of what looks (to me at least), of some Elites from Halo Wars...

Could MS be teasing a Halo Wars sequel here?

Here's the trailer for reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdlMly6KJrQ

-Hawk

This is why juniors can't make threads :P

You have to learn how to search. Had a thread on this yesterday.

Halo Wars Tease in Phantom Dust Trailer
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...ight=halo+wars
HH-Gee
Junior Member
(06-11-2014, 02:37 AM)
HH-Gee's Avatar
Take my Money MS
Madness
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:38 AM)
Madness's Avatar

Originally Posted by XxCGSxX

No new graphical updates for those right? :/

You do know they are hard at work for a new game released next year right? They're not going to spend tons of time, money, resources fully remaking every single map. Maybe if the game was only Halo 2 Anniversary, but they're literally adding all 4 MC games.

Also, that playlist is Halo 2 set in Halo 4 engine in a sense. You don't even know if people will be playing it, instead opting for classic Halo 2 game play with 1080p/60FPS.
Estocolmo
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:39 AM)
Estocolmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

You think this will be GOTY? Some of you guys are really making a lot of unprecedented predictions.

A collection of games with 2 remasters is GOTY? Going back to the sales predictions, this game comes out in 5 months by then Xbox will have 8-10mil install base. Halo CE anniversary sold something like 2 mil with a substantially bigger install base on 360. Basically, for this package to do what you guys are saying it will have to break every historical precedent.

You have to remember this is Halo we are talking about. The single game that gave the Xbox any kind of space in the game business. No Halo, no Xbox.

For me personally, Halo means a lot to me. And to get all four MC games in one disc with two of them re-mastered, 1080p/60fps and 100+ maps is like paradise.
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:39 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hawkeye 131

Being a Junior member I can't create new threads yet so maybe someone else can help out here.

So around the 1 minute mark in the Phantom Dust's E3 trailer, in the upper left corner is a picture of what looks (to me at least), of some Elites from Halo Wars...

Could MS be teasing a Halo Wars sequel here?

Here's the trailer for reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdlMly6KJrQ

-Hawk

I wonder if it was Blur Studios who made the CG trailer for Phantom Dust? They did all the CG stuff for Halo Wars and are doing all the CG work for Halo 2 Anniversary. It could just be an easter egg from previous work they've done with Microsoft. Nice find though
Dub117
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:39 AM)
Dub117's Avatar

Originally Posted by HenryGale

This is why juniors can't make threads :P

This is why I won't make threads even when I'm not a junior. Thanks for the link.
ryan299
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:41 AM)
ryan299's Avatar
Is that really Fillion's voice in the halo 5 tease?
Booshka
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:42 AM)
Booshka's Avatar

Originally Posted by antigoon

While I have a giant soft spot for Halo 2 and expect to play a TON of it, I am definitely looking forward to getting back to CE. I was in love (and still am) with the purity of that multiplayer and what it had to offer. What I'm really excited about is being able to play 2v2s, which is something I only ever got to do on XBC and XLink because I only had one other actual friend who would play CE with me.

I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if Halo 2 and 3 influence 5's multiplayer design. Coming from Reach and 4, it would be a godsend. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see the spirit of CE returning any time soon. I'm just happy I will be able to play it with people for the first time in 10 years.

2v2's are definitely the way to play CE, anything more and the lethality becomes a little too ridiculous for most players. The spawning, weapon location and powerup location/timing is perfectly crafted for 2v2. I never got good enough or invested enough to run XBC with a dubs partner and learn how to properly influence spawns, but that is a huge portion of the metagame for 2v2 in CE.

Hopefully Doubles is well represented in the playlist hoppers for Halo 1, because it is the best way to play the game.
S0cc3rpunk
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:44 AM)
i got a huge question? on the Halo 2 A does it have a theater mode. it should have one right i know forge is in, but i don't know about theater mode?

Edit: i mean, will Halo 2 alone have theater mode. i need's to know because of my halo gun syncs lol.
EroticSushi
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:45 AM)
EroticSushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

Who is in on legendary play through halo1-4??

I'm in but not in one sitting considering that would take almost a full 24 hours.

I remember when Halo 3 came out. Picked up the legendary edition with a buddy and we went straight into the campaign on legendary.

Popping this in with 3 others running through the campaign on all the games will be a hell of a day.
Twin Tails
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:47 AM)
Will HALO 4 finally get Theater Mode?

Will this have file sharing capabilities? Screenshots Theater Mode?
vasametropolis
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:49 AM)
vasametropolis's Avatar
Why is the HUD in Halo 2 different between SP and MP...
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(06-11-2014, 02:51 AM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Estocolmo

You have to remember this is Halo we are talking about. The single game that gave the Xbox any kind of space in the game business. No Halo, no Xbox.

For me personally, Halo means a lot to me. And to get all four MC games in one disc with two of them re-mastered, 1080p/60fps and 100+ maps is like paradise.

I'm total in agreement that this is a really amazing package. I wish Metal Gear would do something like and bring back MGO and MGS3 Online. But it's more fan service than it is system seller. You gotta remember it's coming out right around the same time when brand new games like AC, BF, COD, Forza, Driveclub, Project Cars, Sunset Overdrive, Super Smash, and whatever else I'm forgetting come out. Alongside remasters like GTA V it's gonna be a super packed.
Saucycarpdog
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:53 AM)
Saucycarpdog's Avatar
I better be able to find the scared gun on metropolis in H2A
SamVonSam
Junior Member
(06-11-2014, 02:54 AM)
Do we get extra Achievement points for slogging through the Library again...for the umpteenth time?
Outlaw Torn
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:56 AM)
Outlaw Torn's Avatar

Originally Posted by vasametropolis

Why is the HUD in Halo 2 different between SP and MP...

The Anniversary MP shown was run on the new Xbox One engine while SP is run on the original Halo 2 engine.
Jet Jaguar
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:57 AM)
Jet Jaguar's Avatar
Is there any Halo 3 footage in 1080p 60fps yet?
watership
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:58 AM)
watership's Avatar

Originally Posted by ryan299

Is that really Fillion's voice in the halo 5 tease?

Wait.. What? Where?
Booshka
Member
(06-11-2014, 02:59 AM)
Booshka's Avatar

Originally Posted by SamVonSam

Do we get extra Achievement points for slogging through the Library again...for the umpteenth time?

1000 points for each game, 4K total, so yes.

Slogging through Cortana on H3 and all of H4 is far worse than the Library though.
Farooq
Banned
(06-11-2014, 03:01 AM)
Farooq's Avatar
Is there any information about the button layouts? I was using jumpy in CE, and bumper jumper in 3 and on wards. Also if I select bumper jumper (if the layout is in the game) in the main menu, will the button layout be similar when switching between games?
Bsigg12
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:01 AM)
Bsigg12's Avatar

Originally Posted by vasametropolis

Why is the HUD in Halo 2 different between SP and MP...

The multiplayer on the revamped Ascension map is running on a different version of the Halo 2 engine (which I don't think it's actually the Halo 2 engine but keep reading). It's one of the 6 maps that allows for Forge and I'm going to go ahead and speculate here, I think it's Halo 5 multiplayer code that they're rolling out early without all the fancy aesthetics of Halo 5's complete engine.

Point is, what they're showing, the Ascension with the revamped graphics, isn't running on your standard Halo 2 engine.

Originally Posted by watership

Wait.. What? Where?

It's in the multiplayer teaser as the red team jumps into the map. He says "Ready, let's move"
weeeeezy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 03:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Jet Jaguar

Is there any Halo 3 footage in 1080p 60fps yet?

There doesn't seem to be much footage at all. I really hope MS can release something for each game.
Jet Jaguar
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:04 AM)
Jet Jaguar's Avatar

Originally Posted by weeeeezy

There doesn't seem to be much footage at all. I really hope MS can release something for each game.

Well that's a shame.
Outlaw Torn
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:05 AM)
Outlaw Torn's Avatar
Has anything been said about the Forge maps such as Foundry, Sandbox, and Ravine having variants other than their defaults?
JDHarbs
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:07 AM)
JDHarbs's Avatar
I'm still floored this thing exists. Its literally a dream come true.
Booshka
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:09 AM)
Booshka's Avatar

Originally Posted by Farooq

Is there any information about the button layouts? I was using jumpy in CE, and bumper jumper in 3 and on wards. Also if I select bumper jumper (if the layout is in the game) in the main menu, will the button layout be similar when switching between games?

Pretty sure that Fishticks is the only controller setting we can use across all games, in order to get ready for Aim Down Sights in Halo 5.
Fotos
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:12 AM)
Fotos's Avatar

Originally Posted by Booshka

Pretty sure that Fishticks is the only controller setting we can use across all games, in order to get ready for Aim Down Sights in Halo 5.

lol
Estocolmo
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:15 AM)
Estocolmo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

I'm total in agreement that this is a really amazing package. I wish Metal Gear would do something like and bring back MGO and MGS3 Online. But it's more fan service than it is system seller. You gotta remember it's coming out right around the same time when brand new games like AC, BF, COD, Forza, Driveclub, Project Cars, Sunset Overdrive, Super Smash, and whatever else I'm forgetting come out. Alongside remasters like GTA V it's gonna be a super packed.

For the most part its for the fans. But remember Halo 5 is coming next year and what better way to be prepared for that game if you haven't played the previous games by playing MC collection?
Vigilant Walrus
Junior Member
(06-11-2014, 03:15 AM)
Vigilant Walrus's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Flash

No. MS didn't force you to do anything. You're love for and desire to be with the Master Chief convinced you to buy an Xbox One.



The six remade maps for H2A will have Forge. Vanilla CE and H2 will not. Don't know about Theater mode.

But will Single Player Halo 1 and Halo 2 have forge/theater? It makes sense because they are making online 2-player co-op for both though right?
Livewire99
Banned
(06-11-2014, 03:23 AM)

Originally Posted by Vigilant Walrus

But will Single Player Halo 1 and Halo 2 have forge/theater? It makes sense because they are making online 2-player co-op for both though right?

The fuck? When did Campaign get Forge?

Also, Stinkles has said, all features that existed on said version of game will exist in the MC collection. Therefore, no Forge on H1 & 2 barring remastered maps.

However, i do believe theatre mode exists on all. <----- Anyone verify this?
Kibbles
Member
(06-11-2014, 03:23 AM)
Kibbles's Avatar

Originally Posted by XxCGSxX

Why only 6 maps for Halo 2 Remastered multiplayer? :'( I'm kinda dissapointed.

DLC muahahha
rObit
Banned
(06-11-2014, 03:23 AM)
rObit's Avatar
Is it weird that I want an Xbox One just to play Halo 3?
BruiserBear
Banned
(06-11-2014, 03:26 AM)
BruiserBear's Avatar
I am gonna buy this so hard.
Toa TAK
Banned
(06-11-2014, 03:27 AM)

Originally Posted by JDHarbs

I'm still floored this thing exists. Its literally a dream come true.

I feel the exact same way. Pinch me.

Originally Posted by rObit

Is it weird that I want an Xbox One just to play Halo 3?

Not at all.
DopeyFish
Not bitter, just unsweetened
(06-11-2014, 03:29 AM)
DopeyFish's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vigilant Walrus

But will Single Player Halo 1 and Halo 2 have forge/theater? It makes sense because they are making online 2-player co-op for both though right?

At least you can save clips from the XB1

Halo montages about to become a plague ahhhhh

Thread Tools