• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kettch
(11-10-2017, 09:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Herne

I knew it. Disney is going to run it into the ground. There'll be a new Star Wars film every year for quite a while... they started with The Force Awakens and it's going to continue.

As long as they expand things to new characters and genres, I don't think it'll ever get old. The Star Wars universe has the potential to be massive, they just need to stop making things all about the old characters. I don't want to see more young Han, old Obi-wan, adventures of Darth Maul crap.

Still waiting patiently for a Top Gun-style fighter squadron movie. Could be amazing.
Lucumo
(11-10-2017, 10:02 AM)
Why aren't they just creating episodes I, II and III? We have been waiting for 34 years now...
PhantomZone
(11-10-2017, 12:32 PM)
No Skywalker clan No Star Wars!
llien
(11-10-2017, 01:34 PM)

Originally Posted by Kettch

As long as they expand things to new characters and genres, I don't think it'll ever get old. The Star Wars universe has the potential to be massive, they just need to stop making things all about the old characters. I don't want to see more young Han, old Obi-wan, adventures of Darth Maul crap.

I agree with your sentiment, but don't follow how Darth Maul is not a new character. We just very briefly saw him in a single episode.
jason10mm
(11-10-2017, 02:05 PM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

If nothing else, it's a good sign they're truly satisfied with his work on Last Jedi.

Or he is pliable enough to just do what they say.

Thrawn thrawn thrawn...thrawn thrawn thrawn thrawn thrawn thrawn (how do you write out the imperial march theme?)
borghe
Loves the Greater Toronto Area
(11-10-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by GeekyDad

If nothing else, it's a good sign they're truly satisfied with his work on Last Jedi.

came here to say this. Which given Disney's penchant for quality films recently is very encouraging.
Super Mario
(11-10-2017, 05:45 PM)
As usual, there will be people to complain that there are new ones coming, complain that episode 7 wasn't as good, complain that episode 8 didn't live up to their expectations either.

I, for one, welcome all of this. I accepted long ago that episode 3 could have very well been the last new Star Wars movie ever. If you feel the saga should "end," it's very simple, don't watch.

Am I the only one who feels Disney buying Star Wars for 2 billion was a low price?
sparky2112
(11-10-2017, 06:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Super Mario

I, for one, welcome all of this. I accepted long ago that episode 3 could have very well been the last new Star Wars movie ever. If you feel the saga should "end," it's very simple, don't watch.

Am I the only one who feels Disney buying Star Wars for 2 billion was a low price?

THIS. You all be some jaded MFs. (Also, superheroes suck.)

I think Disney paid $4 billion, though, right?
Jezan
(11-10-2017, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by llien

I agree with your sentiment, but don't follow how Darth Maul is not a new character. We just very briefly saw him in a single episode.

Lucas messed up Darth Maul, he could have been more. He has the awesome looks (for an evil character in SW) and a saber new to the universe.

Now if he comes back (to movie universe) no explanation will make sense. :(
opoth
(11-10-2017, 11:26 PM)

Originally Posted by jason10mm

Or he is pliable enough to just do what they say.

Thrawn thrawn thrawn...thrawn thrawn thrawn thrawn thrawn thrawn (how do you write out the imperial march theme?)

I like to think of the porgs as his Trojan horse to get carte blanche to do whatever he wants.
Paracelsus
(11-11-2017, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Jezan

Lucas messed up Darth Maul, he could have been more. He has the awesome looks (for an evil character in SW) and a saber new to the universe.

Now if he comes back (to movie universe) no explanation will make sense. :(

https://youtu.be/Qv8q1ENfWBA?t=819
wachie
(11-11-2017, 12:54 AM)

Originally Posted by LeFlamaBlanca

and they say there's too many Fast & Furious films

All of 8 of them are too many.
thsantos
(11-11-2017, 05:33 AM)

Originally Posted by NCSOFT

I have to live with this....
I dream of the day that this franchise would just disappear...

So, no fun allowed then?
Laserdisk
(11-11-2017, 08:40 AM)

Originally Posted by NCSOFT

I have to live with this....
I dream of the day that this franchise would just disappear...

If you don't watch them, talk about them, or post in threads about them you can have visibly less star wars in your life.
Kadayi
(11-11-2017, 02:36 PM)
I largely tuned out of Star Wars with the abysmal prequels. I got dragged along to The Force Awakens by a bunch of friends. Frankly, it just felt like another Abrams gig, lots of homage, but pretty flat directing and predictable twists in a universe that despite its apparent enormity is shallow as a puddle. Regardless of how good a director Johnson may be, as far as franchises go, Star Wars really requires a full reboot at this juncture. Scrap absolutely everything that's gone before and start from fresh, a move which would afford them the opportunity to drop all of Lucas's more questionable additions to the world building.

Unfortunately, Disney is so far in now, that despite the actual paucity of the material they're working with, financially they're unable to let go of the existing legacy versus attempting to milk it for all its worth.
Martinski43
(11-11-2017, 02:46 PM)
Well let's hope The Last Jedi is some good ass shit then.
Trogdor1123
(11-11-2017, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by LeFlamaBlanca

and they say there's too many Fast & Furious films

No they don't
Doctor Strange
(11-12-2017, 12:57 AM)
I hope it takes place in unknown regions but old republic is more likely