• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 11:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Bleepey

If you want to watch a kickass action movie. Watch Kingsman 1. I'd recommend watching it going blind. But if you want context for my post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1WWDBTda2Y

Spoilers for Kingsman.

After you mentioned that movie again I know exactly which part you're talking about. Absolutely epic music fit so well..and yeah the fact that I could see it somehow being turned to a scapegoat as opposed to reasonable gun control laws says alot about how well the NRA has indoctrinated the people in power.
Kimawolf
(11-05-2017, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

I wholeheartedly agree that itís way to easy to buy guns on this country. And I donít mean just on one side. I also mean the people talking about ď car controlĒ or ďknife controlĒ when these other killings take place.

Iím really not articulating what I want to say very well. All I mean at the end of the day is that I hate seeing people lives ruined and we canít go more than 5 minutes without people attacking each other. And Iím not talking about you or anyone in particular. I want to see change but I also want to see compassion and I apologize if I havenít articulated that very well. Iím not trying to argue with anyone here

People talk about tragedies and politics because now is when the impact is greatest. Otherwise no one listens.

America has a serious issue on its hands. Columbine. The murder of 24 kids. The rampage in the batman movie. The vegas shooting. And this new one.

Our culture of guns and violence has to change.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

You mean that 2015 studied published last year? Do you have something more recent> because I Do.

not to mention you have yet to link a source for the person making the claim. But I did the honor of looking you your unlinked source anyway.

Can we have your most recent source?

It's funny because I was only yesterday reading about the Dickey amendment. Would make this a lot easier right?
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by FCKAFD

Please stop generalizing and jump to conclusions. We dont know ye if it were jihadis or white supremacist / Trump supporters

My prayers go out to all muslims right now who are being stigmatized and insulted by stupid racists . Guess what you stupid islamophobes: This has nothing to do with islam. 99,999% of the muslims are peaceful and lovely people.

I don't think you could have tried harder. You should have been more subtle.
GiantBombGamer
(11-05-2017, 11:14 PM)
Boy this place is really in the toilet, eh?
Vkandrew
(11-05-2017, 11:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

People talk about tragedies and politics because now is when the impact is greatest. Otherwise no one listens.

America has a serious issue on its hands. Columbine. The murder of 24 kids. The rampage in the batman movie. The vegas shooting. And this new one.

Our culture of guns and violence has to change.

I do completely agree that the best time is right after for when the impact will be the strongest, and again I apologize to anyone here who I havenít been able to articulate how I want. All I mean at the end of the day is I hate the arguing amongst the people who wonít change each otherís minds

Now is the perfect time to impact change at the top level if we can and I know thatís hard when the country is so divided al the way up to the highest positions of power.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:16 PM)

Originally Posted by TTOOLL

I don't think you could have tried harder. You should have been more subtle.

Like you right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2864

lol
slit
(11-05-2017, 11:17 PM)

Originally Posted by MvCSpiderman

No gun violence not violence.

When you are dead you're dead, I don't understand this mentality for trading how the killers kill. I mean i would rather see a gun kill someone than see more people with explosives especially in dense urban areas, or mowing down people with a fast car, or chemical gases.

Also the mob? lol.

Lol Jesus Christ! I swear Archie Bunker made this same argument on an episode of All in the Family in regards to gun control.
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:18 PM)

Originally Posted by RefigeKru

Like you right?

lol

hahahah holy shit, are you one of those sad little internet warriors that have time to go over user's post history? I'm out of your league, mate.
black_13
(11-05-2017, 11:18 PM)
Very sad. Let's wait on more details before jumping to conclusions though. I think it's too early to discuss gun laws when we barely know anything.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:19 PM)

hahahah holy shit, are you one of those sad little internet warriors that have time to go over user's post history? I'm out of your league, mate.

SHOW ME YOUR FLAWS

also you were pretty obvious before I checked n_n
slit
(11-05-2017, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by black_13

Very sad. Let's wait on more details before jumping to conclusions though. I think it's too early to discuss gun laws when we barely know anything.

We don't need to wait for more details. We're not reporting or investigating anything.
Username1198
(11-05-2017, 11:21 PM)

Not too early to talk about the Vegas shootings.....or the Sandy hook shootings.......or the Orlando night club shootings........or the etc...etc....etc......
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:22 PM)

SHOW ME YOUR FLAWS

also you were pretty obvious before I checked n_n

Really, you went back to February to bring something that has literally nothing to do with the thread. You got your attention on Sunday. See ya ;)
Ombra
Banned
(11-05-2017, 11:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Vkandrew

I do appreciate that I can at least get my point across somewhat. I know I donít always do so but the last thing I want is people to think Iím trolling or trying to ďsilenceĒ conversation and using this tragedy to do that.

Next week will be 8 years since my wifeís 17 year old brother died in an accident and I know first hand that the hurt stays with you forever and I just truly hate knowing all the families have to go through this and we as the outsiders tend to not even grieve for them and both sides just immediately want to start hating on each other.

Its the nature of the beast especially in these super political times, sorry to hear about your sisters loss I couldn't begin to imagine her pain.

Like you right?

lol

I can't read the dude, he seems reasonable but turns into a shitposter at the drop of a dime, the internet has really fucked up some peoples ability to relate.

We know they were killed with a gun that was capable of offing 20 people with ease..thats usually enough to go on
Carlius
(11-05-2017, 11:23 PM)
dude...this is getting way out of hand...wtf...waaaay out of hand
Bigby_Wolf
Banned
(11-05-2017, 11:25 PM)
Something definitely needs to change but what?

What can be changed? We have the most powerful smuggling operation in the world at our Southern border and liberals in our country are pushing for essentially open borders.

I have a brother-in-law who is a big gun fan and I always think of him. He's extremely responsible with gun safety and the like. He will be punished in his enjoyment of his hobby but obviously something has to change.

How can we ban guns and have near or actual open border policies? You can't have both. It's why I get annoyed by comparisons to Australia - a country sitting literally in the middle of the ocean.

This is a very tough problem to solve at this point.
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Ombra

I can't read the dude, he seems reasonable but turns into a shitposter at the drop of a dime, the internet has really fucked up some peoples ability to relate.

People turn into shitposters as soon as they post something you don't agree with, right?

I'm not like you, we may disagree here and I'll not call you a shitposter.
Night Angel
(11-05-2017, 11:27 PM)

People turn into shitposters as soon as they post something you don't agree with, right?

I'm not like you, we may disagree here and I'll not call you a shitposter.

"Car control" is a shitpost, no doubt about it.
Username1198
(11-05-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Night Angel

"Car control" is a shitpost, no doubt about it.

So Is defending pewdipie
McLovin
(11-05-2017, 11:30 PM)
Yeah fuck facts and graphs and shit. Let me keep my guns, even though the numbers contradict your sacred gun beliefs. This fucking bullshit is enough, you shouldn't need anything more then a handgun for protection. And there should be a long vetting process with a psych evaluation before your even allowed to look at a fucking gun. This shit is ridiculous.
Ailile
In short, everyone who attended the service died or was wounded. The article says there's usually around 50 people there. 20+ people died and 20+ people wounded.

Damn.
Oxn
Lol car control.
teruterubozu
(11-05-2017, 11:31 PM)

Hours after people get rammed by a vehicle in New York: "We need to get tougher on illegal immigrants!!"

Day after shootings in Vegas: "It's too early to talk about gun laws!!"

Fucking ridiculous.
Breads
(11-05-2017, 11:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Ombra

You're a sensible human being, you are feeling this tragedy to your core, a lot of the people arguing are either so desensitized to this sort of thing that all they can do is rage at why this is still so easy to make happen and those who are merely sociopathic trolls who want to stir shit for its own sake. I do hope the mods get on their game I feel like yiu have a perspective I would like to hear out.

The forum is already yours. I don't see why you're still frontlining/ cheerleading.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:33 PM)

Really, you went back to February to bring something that has literally nothing to do with the thread. You got your attention on Sunday. See ya ;)

Fortunately for me, well everyone, you don't post often so I only clicked like 4 times.

Unfortunately I've seen this thread many times before, it's exactly the same every time. Saying that, I think you discount how much your particular world view is important here.

Nobody asked for "car control" after the attack in New York...

The issue is much more complex than the object used to kill people.

Indeed.

Btw, in the UK "car control" isn't yet fully implemented although we've put up bollards and road blocks on the bridges between the road and pavement. So we've done something? Maybe consider handing out bullet proof vests at schools, theatres, churches, etc.
CampbellzSoup
(11-05-2017, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by McLovin

Yeah fuck facts and graphs and shit. Let me keep my guns, even though the numbers contradict your sacred gun beliefs. This fucking bullshit is enough, you shouldn't need anything more then a handgun for protection. And there should be a long vetting process with a psych evaluation before your even allowed to look at a fucking gun. This shit is ridiculous.

Yeah I feel the same way when people post their afraid or upset people post graphs and charts and numbers...what the fuck is that? Letís go to all the victims and tell them that, absurd.

Also I agree with your post about handguns. Anything more should NOT be available for purchase anywhere, ever.
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:41 PM)

Saying that, I think you discount how much your particular world view is important here.

Says the guy who run through my post history.

Anyway, I still think the objects used to kill shouldn't be the focus. You can call me a shitposter for that and also for not caring if what pewdiepie says on his videos is politically correct or not.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:46 PM)

Anyway, I still think the objects used to kill shouldn't be the focus. You can call me a shitposter for that and also for not caring if what pewdiepie says on his videos is politically correct or not.

Post history is there to hold you accountable to your words m8

Wanna explain the Hail pewdiepie bit?
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(11-05-2017, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Days like these...

Not sure of serious...

Originally Posted by Kimawolf

You aren't serious. No way you are.

Originally Posted by Diablos

Is this sarcasm?

If it’s not, that’s a silly thing to say. Was the Vegas shooting an attack on Christianity? How about Sandy Hook?

I PM'd golfham (who made his account in 2009 but started posting after GAF came back up two weeks ago) about a week and a half ago, calling him out on this post so I wouldn't have an argument in an actual thread with him. We went back and forth maybe twice.

He sent a random additional reply today in which he called me the n-word.

Suffice to say, golfham is trash and you should ignore anything he says.
Diablos
(11-05-2017, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by golfham

The war on Christianity continues

Is this sarcasm?

If itís not, thatís a silly thing to say. Was the Vegas shooting an attack on Christianity? How about Sandy Hook? Or how about the numerous shootings in cities like Chicago?

Do you not see this is part of a bigger issue thatís unique to the US compared to similar countries?
Metalingus5150
(11-05-2017, 11:47 PM)
Looks like right wing nuts were here the whole time.
Pasha
(11-05-2017, 11:49 PM)

I think the fact that the US faces a unique situation concerning the easy availability of guns that it IS important to talk about the object that is used to kill. I mean sure he could have used a car, but would there be such a big body count? Doubtful.
Crazylegs
(11-05-2017, 11:49 PM)

Originally Posted by DarkestHour

No. It won't solve a damn thing. Banning guns is such an idiotic argument to make just like banning Muslims is going to stop terrorism. See the stupidity in your thought process yet?

I invite you to look at other countries with strict gun control and no weekly mass shootings.

Edit: Spelling
Night Angel
(11-05-2017, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

I PM'd golfham (who made his account in 2009 but started posting after GAF came back up two weeks ago) about a week and a half ago, calling him out on something else he said in another thread so I wouldn't derail the thread with an argument. We went back and forth maybe twice.

Report him and get his racist ass outta here.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:52 PM)

Originally Posted by ZeoVGM

I PM'd golfham (who made his account in 2009 but started posting after GAF came back up two weeks ago) about a week and a half ago, calling him out on something else he said in another thread so I wouldn't derail the thread with an argument. We went back and forth maybe twice.

*shock*

Reminder this is the sort of person TTOOL would so graciously defend

Are you sad? Are you crying right now?

lmao neogaf deserved better
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:52 PM)

Post history is there to hold you accountable to your words m8

Wanna explain the Hail pewdiepie bit?

How are your reading comprehension skills working? Right after the start that was clearly a joke I said "But seriously..." and then I proceeded to explain my view on the subject, which I still keep.
RefigeKru
(11-05-2017, 11:55 PM)

How are your reading comprehension skills working? Right after the start that was clearly a joke I said "But seriously..." and then I proceeded to explain my view on the subject, which I still keep.

I was going to sarcastically put jk at the end of that post but I was waiting for you to lay it out flat. Anyone else joke about seig heils on the thread about Pewdiepie being antisemitic? No? During a nazi resurgence in the west? lol any other takers?

It's really easy to see these guys because despite the fact they're always joking, they're not funny.
TTOOLL
(11-05-2017, 11:58 PM)

I was going to sarcastically put jk at the end of that post but I was waiting for you to lay it out flat. Anyone else joke about seig heils on the thread about Pewdiepie being antisemitic? No? During a nazi resurgence in the west? lol any other takers?

It's really easy to see these guys because despite the fact they're always joking, they're not funny.

I'll not call you a shitposter but I'll definitely stop right here after that bit. lol
Nategc20
Banned
(11-06-2017, 12:03 AM)

Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!

Lol
ssolitare
(11-06-2017, 12:04 AM)
Yea, you can die anytime/anywhere in America via mass shootings. good luck surviving until you're 60? Many will die, but that's just the American way.
RefigeKru
(11-06-2017, 12:04 AM)

I'll not call you a shitposter but I'll definitely stop right here after that bit. lol

So you really don't know anything! Whew.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-...-church-killer

Since you're done with me, pls apologise to FCKAFD n__n

Now then, where's that MvCSpiderman with the true true
Ecrofirt
(11-06-2017, 12:21 AM)
What the hell has happened to this forum?

I've been here since day 1. Jesus.

Grow up. All of you. People are dead.
Gatling Groink
Banned
(11-06-2017, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Ecrofirt

What the hell has happened to this forum?

I've been here since day 1. Jesus.

Grow up. All of you. People are dead.

Those are my sentiments. People are way too confrontational right now.

RIP to these poor people.
cuate
(11-06-2017, 12:31 AM)

Shut the fuck up with gun control. It won't solve these problems!

Agreed.
NoMoreTrolls
(11-06-2017, 12:32 AM)
In 4 MvCSpiderman. Bring the true true, fam
Night Angel
(11-06-2017, 12:32 AM)
When can we talk about gun control, then, guys? Let us know when you'll be ok with it.
ZeoVGM
formerly omg rite
(11-06-2017, 12:36 AM)

Originally Posted by cuate

Agreed.

You're agreeing with something that is factually incorrect.

Gun CONTROL will help make the issue better. This isn't a matter of opinion, it's a statement of fact that is backed up by many cases across the world.
Slayer-33
Liverpool-2
(11-06-2017, 12:36 AM)
Apparently ex-marine...
Croatoan
(11-06-2017, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by McLovin

The facts and graphs and shit show a general decline in homicide over the decades.

FBI homicide statistics also show that more people die from blunt objects than semi auto rifles each year. Yet nobody wants to ban baseball bats or your bare fists.

The media has this narrative about the evil black guns that doesn't hold up when you look at actual stats. This is why nothing is done.

If you wanted to curb gun deaths you would ban handguns as they are responsible for 90% of gun deaths when excluding cases where the means of death isn't reported (it's likely 90% of those are handgun related as well).

I could post stats and graphs and shit but since you were too lazy to back up your post I will be equally as lazy. You can start on the FBI's website and get back to me when you find something that fits your narrative.