• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Tmac
(11-10-2017, 12:50 AM)
Considering only products sold by Amazon and price, is it a good place to shop in the US or can i get better prices at outlets and regular retail shops?

Thanks a lot. :)
luxsol
(11-10-2017, 01:58 AM)
I've bought a couple of shoes from Amazon's sellers this year and have no complaints.

You just have to know the brands and how their measurements work, as sizes can vary from maker to maker.

If you don't, it's better to buy clothes/shoes in person.

I'm not sure what the policy is on returns if the size doesn't work out for you, but my brother had to pay shipping to return shoes a few years ago to an Amazon seller.
newtypepilot
(11-10-2017, 02:45 AM)
For me, shoes are something you gotta try firsthand before deciding whether you buy it or not. Even if they are your size, they may not fit comfortably depending on the shape and style of the shoes.
Kanik
Sonic handles my blue balls
(11-10-2017, 02:49 AM)
Amazon sells such a wide assortment that it's difficult to say as the spectrum ranges from high end shoes to "you may as well have bought sneakers from a bodega."

You're probably better off using it as a means of finding a pair you like then checking out the actual maker's store front. (i.e. Nike, Puma, Cole Haan) As their site is more likely to have coupons / discounts, especially with Black Friday coming up, that will be much cheaper than Amazon.

Also a good idea to only buy from sellers that have a return for free policy.
PlayALLtheGames
Barber: Whatchu want?
Me: I've got $24
Barber: Say no more fam
(11-10-2017, 03:17 AM)
No in regards to running shoes and this is coming from a hardcore Prime member. Iíve recently been crushing it on buying sneakers/running shoes just because I need some new ones. I found some Nikes on amazon that were 120 bucks while some random ass sites had them for 80 plus deals of buy on get one half off. Donít count on Amazon for good sneakers/running shoes until you search the rest of the web is my point.
SSJ4Broly
(11-10-2017, 03:17 AM)
I'm looking for shoes that will increase my agility and leave no footprints.

So Amazon would be a good place to find some?
DAVIDHUXLEY
(11-10-2017, 04:13 AM)

Originally Posted by SSJ4Broly

I'm looking for shoes that will increase my agility and leave no footprints.

So Amazon would be a good place to find some?

https://www.amazon.com/Rikio-Fighter.../dp/B00KGIR9BE

Great way to buy shoes ....If returns are necessary it is usually really quick.
Lucumo
(11-10-2017, 04:17 AM)

Originally Posted by newtypepilot

For me, shoes are something you gotta try firsthand before deciding whether you buy it or not. Even if they are your size, they may not fit comfortably depending on the shape and style of the shoes.

Yep, it's that way for me with all clothing.
Eye for an Eye
(11-10-2017, 04:20 AM)
I wouldn't. Unless you buy the same brand, same style over and over again. But many brands don't keep the same style in stock. Outlet stores are great, New Balance, Nike, Adidas, and many more are out there.

I ain't messing with my feet. Because it can affect the rest of the way my body feels.
tanooki27
(11-10-2017, 04:21 AM)
I've done it a few times. you can return them pretty easily if they don't fit or whatever.
MidgarBlowedUp
(11-10-2017, 05:59 AM)
They don't make original Adidas Supernovas anymore so you can't buy good running shoes no matter where you shop. The boosts are ok, but good luck finding stuff like that in a brick and mortar.

Even good work boots have to be special ordered now, so Amazon is as good as any.
Doogdogg
(11-10-2017, 06:09 AM)
As someone with wide feets, I never buy them online.
Sherlock Holmes
(11-10-2017, 06:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Doogdogg

Where do you get your shoes?

I also can't participate in killer online deals for shoes. :(
pants
(11-10-2017, 08:32 AM)

Originally Posted by Doogdogg

That's what half sizes are for.
mekes
(11-10-2017, 10:58 AM)
Youíll get them delivered quickly in most cases and itís a fair enough place to buy them online as any other. But I was shocked when I bought a pair of Nike trainers in person at a Nike store that were £99 online, thatís the cheapest price available anywhere online in the UK. In the store they were £70, when I took them to the counter the server told me that they had been reduced to £35.

Also itís worth baring in mind that if you plan to actually do a lot of running in the shoes, hardcore runners would have you test them out on a treadmill instore before committing to a buy. Iím not for that myself but Iíve been told that by friends who work marketing for Nike and New Balance. Something about finding the right heel support and foot type. But obviously they take their footwear very seriously!
Diablos
(11-10-2017, 12:28 PM)

Originally Posted by newtypepilot

Yep.

So unless itís a shoe youíve bought before, itís crazy to buy online. I opt for the shoe store.
Zoe
(11-10-2017, 02:16 PM)
No. Go to a running store and get their help. Go on sponsored group runs to try out different brands.

Only once you know exactly which shoe you want would I consider buying online. Though I still prefer b&m because I can usually find my shoes on clearance.
DAVIDHUXLEY
(11-10-2017, 03:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Zoe

No. Go to a running store and get their help. Go on sponsored group runs to try out different brands.

Only once you know exactly which shoe you want would I consider buying online. Though I still prefer b&m because I can usually find my shoes on clearance.

Get their help and order online . The running stores around Austin are hilariously priced. I go through too many pairs of running shoes a year . I would spend well over a grand on shoes if I bought local mom & pop. And the big box stores have a horrible selection.
Zoe
(11-10-2017, 04:08 PM)

Originally Posted by DAVIDHUXLEY

Get their help and order online . The running stores around Austin are hilariously priced. I go through too many pairs of running shoes a year . I would spend well over a grand on shoes if I bought local mom & pop. And the big box stores have a horrible selection.

The prices have seemed fair to me with the ARC discount
snacknuts
we all knew her
(11-10-2017, 04:29 PM)
Zappos will always get my money for this kind of stuff (but they are owned by Amazon). Incredible service. They have a really excellent selection, but the last two pairs of shoes I've wanted to get were options that they didn't carry. Rather than telling me "too bad," their CSRs gave me links to where I could buy the shoes I wanted somewhere else.
family_guy
(11-10-2017, 06:57 PM)
It's fine if return shipping is free. Amazon has been weird about that these days. If it's not defective or an exchange they usually charge about $5-10 to send it back.
Hydrus
(11-10-2017, 08:34 PM)
I try them on in the stores, than buy them off Amazon if its cheaper. Usually it always is.
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-10-2017, 09:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrus

I try them on in the stores, than buy them off Amazon if its cheaper. Usually it always is.

No they are never cheaper
Weevilone
(11-10-2017, 09:17 PM)
I love Zappos. It's so easy, so fast, and returns are completely painless to the point I'll order multiple pair, try them on, send the others back.
entremet
(11-10-2017, 09:20 PM)
Sure. Free returns. I've been buying shoes and clothing online for a minute now. Big fan. I hate going to mall stores.
Hydrus
(11-10-2017, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by PabloBolivar

No they are never cheaper

Yes they are. I buy a pair of the same work boots twice a year from amazon and they are always at least $30- 40 bucks cheaper then the stores near me.
Manus
(11-10-2017, 09:45 PM)
I bought the last two pair of workout shoes from Amazon and had no issues whatsoever. They just have so much more to choose from than shopping the local stores in my area.
Autumn Wind
(11-11-2017, 12:31 AM)
I exclusively buy "Made in USA" New Balance and I just use eBay and save at least 50% compared to New Balance's website.
NSWRUN
(11-11-2017, 01:10 AM)
as long as you know your size and even then most places have a great return practice. Use this site to hunt out good deals

https://shoekicker.com/
WaterAstro
(11-11-2017, 01:35 AM)
I try shoes in the store, then go home and buy it online for cheaper lol.
LOLCats
(11-11-2017, 04:29 AM)
I buy shoes online, but i go find the ones i want and try them on in some store first. Then buy them online with a coupon or when on sale.

Some shoe stores online offer no hassle return policies and even include a return label with your order.
Eye for an Eye
(11-11-2017, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by pants

That's what half sizes are for.

Half sizes makes the shoe longer, not wider. My boyfriend was destroying his feet by buying wrong sized shoes. Now he won't ever go back to crummy sneakers that don't fit properly. It's more expensive, but they last much longer. When he did finally get properly fitted, he was buying shoes that were wrong buy 3 sizes because his feet are wide.
PabloBolivar
Banned
(11-11-2017, 02:25 PM)

Originally Posted by Hydrus

Yes they are. I buy a pair of the same work boots twice a year from amazon and they are always at least $30- 40 bucks cheaper then the stores near me.

Ok. I never bought boots. I was thinking the op was talking about shoes, not boots. Correct me if I'm wrong. I have always found them cheaper at other places online.
Sunset Samurai
(11-11-2017, 03:03 PM)
I buy a lot of my Ralph Lauren shoes there