• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

TheOctodad
Member
(08-18-2014, 04:47 PM)
TheOctodad's Avatar

Originally Posted by OG Kush

Wow. This really sucks balls.. seriously wtf?!

This is awful if true. I NEED to be able to pick Halo 2 skirmish or Halo 2 BTB.
Fahzgoolin
Banned
(08-18-2014, 04:48 PM)
Hope all is well Mr. Frank O'Connor (Stinkles),

Grenade hit markers and indicators in Halo 2 Anniversary... I don't want to nitpick, but especially after watching the tournaments at Gamescom a lot of us think that the grenade indicators and hit markers really ruined a lot of plays (there is a thread on Halo Waypoint as well).

People throwing grenades across the map and not making visual contact, yet knowing where the enemy is because of a hit marker. That just is not fair and will increase spawn trapping, make stealth way harder, and reduce the skill it takes to be aware of the battle and communicate effectively.

Also, I noticed many players see grenade indicators and simply move away from grenades they would have otherwise been hit by without the indicator.

Is this due to a work in progress or from the Halo 4 base, or is this going to be an intentional feature?

Thanks and keep up the AMAZING work!
Homeboyd
Member
(08-18-2014, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Skullface

Wait, so is each individual game getting a single playlist that mixes and matches big team slayer with other game types like free for all? That would suck if so...

My guess is the one playlist (if that was accurate info) wouldn't have a mixture of 4v4 and 8v8 gametypes in the same playlist. Would likely be 4v4 and have a mixture of slayer, objective and the non-core stuff like snipers, swap, etc... But it may not be accurate to begin with so who knows.

And it doesn't matter much to begin with if all you're trying to do is avoid Halo 4. No one anywhere is voting for a halo 4 map/gt when there's at least one other option of H1-3 available at the same time.
Vast.
Banned
(08-18-2014, 04:57 PM)

Originally Posted by The Lamonster

Anyone else switch from Halo 4 to playing the shit out of Reach?

It's party because Reach is the last Bungie Halo and is tiding me over in between the Destiny beta and launch, but it's mostly because Reach isn't included in the MCC.

Sad, because Reach in particular could really benefit from the increased resolution and frame rate. Playing it in 2014 fells like watching a flip book. Terrible ghosting issues, but still overall a really fun Halo game.

I'm hoping there will be a Halo: Spartan Collection in the future that remasters ODST, Reach and Halo Wars.

I imagine this would be a FANTASTIC opportunity for when they plan on releasing Halo Wars 2. And it could get the same beta treatment with the Spartan Collection that Halo 5 is getting in MCC.
The Lamonster
Member
(08-18-2014, 04:59 PM)
The Lamonster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vast.

I imagine this would be a FANTASTIC opportunity for when they plan on releasing Halo Wars 2. And it could get the same beta treatment with the Spartan Collection that Halo 5 is getting in MCC.

Agreed, although based on speculation about the Bungie+Microsoft relationship, I'm going to guess it'll never happen. Apparently MS was all pissy about ODST and Reach because their flagship hero Master Chief wasn't in them.

But hopefully the possibility of another "collection" game is up to 343 and not just the MS overlords.
ruxtpin
Banned
(08-18-2014, 05:01 PM)
ruxtpin's Avatar
Shit. I think this is going to drive me to buy an XOne. Pick this up with Forza 5 and maybe something else.
Stinkles
Clothed, sober, cooperative
(08-18-2014, 05:21 PM)
Stinkles's Avatar

Originally Posted by OG Kush

Wow. This really sucks balls.. seriously wtf?!

Playlists aren't even close to done, never mind announced.
klodeckel
Banned
(08-18-2014, 05:29 PM)
As long as BTB 8vs8 with the ranking system is in - I am happy :)
TheOctodad
Member
(08-18-2014, 05:31 PM)
TheOctodad's Avatar

Originally Posted by klodeckel1990

As long as BTB 8vs8 with the ranking system is in - I am happy :)

Agreed, that's all I need Halo 2 BTB and I would buy the game just for that.
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(08-18-2014, 05:31 PM)
squidhands's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Playlists aren't even close to done, never mind announced.

Nope, gonna continue to hyperventilate about how shitty everything is now anyway.
#RIPMCC
m23
Member
(08-18-2014, 05:33 PM)
m23's Avatar
All I need is a 4v4 slayer playlist and an objective playlist for halo 2 anniversary, halo 2 and halo 3 and I'm good.
The Lamonster
Member
(08-18-2014, 05:38 PM)
The Lamonster's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidhands

Nope, gonna continue to hyperventilate about how shitty everything is now anyway.
#RIPMCC

BOMBA TOTALE
dB Viper
Member
(08-18-2014, 06:10 PM)
dB Viper's Avatar
Pretty sure they know how huge of a deal playlists are. Don't over-react just yet.. :)
Leyasu
Member
(08-18-2014, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by RdN

This is actually a very important question. Hopefully Frank can answer.

I get the impression that everyone thinks that the choose a datacenter option is a given after titanfall...

But seeing as they are going to want to keep the playlists as stuffed as possible AND they are going to matchmake us by rank. Im scared that it is going to be like every other halo.... The middle finger to everyone not in North America
Der Flatulator
Member
(08-18-2014, 06:24 PM)
Der Flatulator's Avatar

Originally Posted by dB Viper

Pretty sure they know how huge of a deal playlists are. Don't over-react just yet.. :)

This. Plus, playlists are one of the most flexible aspects of the game post launch.
Eoin
Member
(08-18-2014, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Leyasu

I get the impression that everyone thinks that the choose a datacenter option is a given after titanfall...

But seeing as they are going to want to keep the playlists as stuffed as possible AND they are going to matchmake us by rank. Im scared that it is going to be like every other halo.... The middle finger to everyone not in North America

Should work ok with some matchmaking options like the previous games had, ie, good connection, fastest, skill. With good connection not expanding the search to other data centres, but giving you a longer wait.
Chitown B
Member
(08-18-2014, 06:51 PM)
Chitown B's Avatar
Social Slayer, Snipers, SWAT, Big Team, Ranked Slayer, Objective hopper. That's all I need.
Oozer3993
Member
(08-18-2014, 07:02 PM)
Oozer3993's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bio-Frost

I wonder if its possible to glitch in the single player like you could before. In delth halo it was super easy to get outside of the bounds of the level.

I think that glitch will still be there. Unless 343 feel like being really mean. Most of the fun glitches in CE were still there in Anniversary (you could still do the descent from the first bridge in AotCR, the huge shortcuts in Silent Cartographer are still there, and you can still get a really early Banshee in AotCR [though that is harder]).
Neper
Junior Member
(08-18-2014, 07:07 PM)
Neper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oozer3993

[...]and you can still get a really early Banshee in AotCR [though that is harder]).

Loved to do that back when I was a kid. Storming the gates of the Control Room's hallway with a Banshee was super fun.

Hope that I can still get to Tartarus with a Banshee in H2A!!
RdN
Member
(08-18-2014, 07:24 PM)
RdN's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eoin

Should work ok with some matchmaking options like the previous games had, ie, good connection, fastest, skill. With good connection not expanding the search to other data centres, but giving you a longer wait.

Yeah, but historically, Halo games (specially Halo 4) performed very poorly for those outside the US. We even had a big discussion around Halo 4 launch on how bad the connection and latency issues were for those in the UK, Australia and Brazil. Let's just hope 343i can use the dedicated servers to fully mitigate this issue.
Skullface
Member
(08-18-2014, 07:41 PM)
Skullface's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Playlists aren't even close to done, never mind announced.

That's a huge relief. I'm eager to know more when the information is available.
Mixolydian
Member
(08-18-2014, 07:44 PM)
Mixolydian's Avatar
I'm so excited for the record option. Ill actually able to show off those crazy plasma grenade sticks instead of excitedly describe them.
AcePartyN7
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:05 PM)
AcePartyN7's Avatar
In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experience lag issues in coop like in the previous games.
Sadly the game is made in this way with the host (Bungie explained one time) it is not possible to change that system.
Chitown B
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:06 PM)
Chitown B's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neper

I understand, and thanks a lot for answering, really. But it's a shame that we will get a full-english game in Spanish territories... was my main reason for getting an XOne.

Will it stop you from buying it? You seem to speak English really well.
Diablohead
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:07 PM)
Diablohead's Avatar
Not using servers for campaign seems normal to me, but this means the halo 1 co-op is still using that terrible lan patch job netcode that H1A seems to use, unless 343 have redone the code for it.
Der Flatulator
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:08 PM)
Der Flatulator's Avatar

Originally Posted by AcePartyN7

In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experienced lag in coop.
Sadly the game is made in this way with the host (Bungie explained one time) it is not possible to change that system.

Completely different network protocol. Makes sense.
Homeboyd
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:16 PM)
My xbone arrived today and I have nothing to play on it. GG! Time to watch some tv on my xbox on my tv.
Tomash
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by AcePartyN7

In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experience lag issues in coop like in the previous games.
Sadly the game is made in this way with the host (Bungie explained one time) it is not possible to change that system.

Sadness. Yet another generation of unplayable Halo co-op for me. What about custom games?
Diablohead
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:19 PM)
Diablohead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

My xbone arrived today and I have nothing to play on it. GG! Time to watch some tv on my xbox on my tv.

I've been stuck with titanfall and PvZ since march and it's getting to me, my xbone is 95% twitch box right now.

I had forza 5 for 2 weeks, it was a rush job and I prefer to play 4
GECK
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:20 PM)
GECK's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Lamonster

Anyone else switch from Halo 4 to playing the shit out of Reach?

Always prefered Reach, it's a superior game.

Though went back to H4 recently and holy crap are the playlists complete shit. And I still never see the Pit/Ricochet DLC I stupidly bought.
JohnIIVII
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:21 PM)
JohnIIVII's Avatar

Originally Posted by Diablohead

I've been stuck with titanfall and PvZ since march and it's getting to me, my xbone is 95% twitch box right now.

Same here lol. Great games but I am sick of them now to the point that I am going to pick up diablo 3 tomorrow for xbone and play through that again. Hurry up Destiny and MCC!
Eoin
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

My xbone arrived today and I have nothing to play on it. GG! Time to watch some tv on my xbox on my tv.

If you've got gold, download the free games and check out KI.
Defect
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:25 PM)
Defect's Avatar

Originally Posted by Homeboyd

My xbone arrived today and I have nothing to play on it. GG! Time to watch some tv on my xbox on my tv.

Killer Instinct.

Also there needs to be a ranked/social split. Having everything ranked would be shit.
Leyasu
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Eoin

Should work ok with some matchmaking options like the previous games had, ie, good connection, fastest, skill. With good connection not expanding the search to other data centres, but giving you a longer wait.

What should work??

Everyone who i speak to just wants to make sure the days of laggy shit halo are over! Titanfall worked so well, just imagining halo like that makes my mouth water..

On the other hand, another halo that plays on-line like the rest makes me want to sell my bone
Poker Face
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:28 PM)
Poker Face's Avatar

Originally Posted by Defect

Killer Instinct.

the only right answer
JohnIIVII
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:29 PM)
JohnIIVII's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leyasu

What should work??

Everyone who i speak to just wants to make sure the days of laggy shit halo are over! Titanfall worked so well, just imagining halo like that makes my mouth water..

On the other hand, another halo that plays on-line like the rest makes me want to sell my bone

Microsofts dedicated servers have been excellent so far so I wouldn't be too worried. I even enjoyed the Destiny beta much more on my xbone vs my ps4 due to more stable servers
Leyasu
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:33 PM)

Originally Posted by JohnIIVII

Microsofts dedicated servers have been excellent so far so I wouldn't be too worried. I even enjoyed the Destiny beta much more on my xbone vs my ps4 due to more stable servers

Dude, destiny is 100% peer 2 peer. Perhaps the back end stuff is better.?
JohnIIVII
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:34 PM)
JohnIIVII's Avatar

Originally Posted by Leyasu

Dude, destiny is 100% peer 2 peer.

Really? I noticed a ton of lag on playstation and none on xbox.
Diablohead
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:36 PM)
Diablohead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poker Face

the only right answer

I own season 1 but i'm a combo scrub still, fun with friends.
DesertFox
MS ain't Valve
(08-18-2014, 08:39 PM)
DesertFox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Playlists aren't even close to done, never mind announced.

Frankie, can you comment on the menu UI music that will be playing when we boot up The Master Chief Collection? Here's to hoping that it will be the songs used for the Halo 2 menus. They were solid gold. Here's an example.

And another...
Onikaan
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:41 PM)
Onikaan's Avatar

Originally Posted by AcePartyN7

In fact I asked to 343i at gamescom some info about the dedicated servers and they said to me that the dedicated servers are for MP only NOT campaign so if you still do not have a good connection you can experience lag issues in coop like in the previous games.
Sadly the game is made in this way with the host (Bungie explained one time) it is not possible to change that system.

So is there any hope for the Combat Evolved Online Co-op? Some changes behind the scenes that may improve it?

The connection on that was dire.
kittens
Guest
(08-18-2014, 08:48 PM)

Originally Posted by dB Viper

Pretty sure they know how huge of a deal playlists are. Don't over-react just yet.. :)

Originally Posted by Der Flatulator

This. Plus, playlists are one of the most flexible aspects of the game post launch.

Yeah, that's why I'm not too worried about it. Hopefully 343 will be flexible and responsive to what people want. And if not, then we can just rely on custom games.
Mr. Enigma
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:51 PM)
Mr. Enigma's Avatar

Originally Posted by soxinthebox

There needs to be a Halo 1 Blood Gulch 24/7 playlist

4v4 Blood Gulch CTF Warthogs only/flag touch to return/human weapons only. Our LAN group had incredible matches with these settings that lasted as long as two hours sometimes. There was much anger and hatred.
Eoin
Member
(08-18-2014, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Leyasu

What should work??

Picking a data centre or it picking your nearest one for you while taking ranks into account as well.

I'd imagine it's default behaviour would be searching for games at your rank and data centre and expanding both out if it can't find a game. With a few matchmaking preferences it would allow people to make this stricter, ie only search for games on a close data centre or only match me with people close in skill. This would obviously make matchmaking take longer, but would let you specify what is most important to you. It'll all come down to population though, if no-one in your region is playing you're fucked :) I've no idea if they'll implement this, but it would make sense.
ProvenDeadly
Member
(08-18-2014, 09:01 PM)
ProvenDeadly's Avatar

Originally Posted by DesertFox

Frankie, can you comment on the menu UI music that will be playing when we boot up The Master Chief Collection? Here's to hoping that it will be the songs used for the Halo 2 menus. They were solid gold. Here's an example.

And another...


Watch from 3:00 on. The Classic CE music is being used for the base UI and then they explain how they are incorporating the music from there

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E1a1FzQ3bdQ
jhferry
Member
(08-18-2014, 09:21 PM)
jhferry's Avatar

Originally Posted by GECK

Always prefered Reach, it's a superior game.

Though went back to H4 recently and holy crap are the playlists complete shit. And I still never see the Pit/Ricochet DLC I stupidly bought.

Reach anniversary was excellent. I wish they left the BTB playlist in it.
EvB
Member
(08-18-2014, 09:23 PM)
EvB's Avatar
Stinkles, when might we see some Non Halo 2 related stuff?
I'm kinda excited to see some footage of Halo 3 and 4 in 1080p/60


Also, will Halo 3/4 still feature full saved clip sharing the same as they did originally?
Afro
Member
(08-18-2014, 09:24 PM)
Afro's Avatar


x-post.
DesertFox
MS ain't Valve
(08-18-2014, 09:36 PM)
DesertFox's Avatar

Originally Posted by ProvenDeadly

Watch from 3:00 on. The Classic CE music is being used for the base UI and then they explain how they are incorporating the music from there

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E1a1FzQ3bdQ

Awesome, thanks! Nice to see them put this level of attention to detail into this collection. Now, where's my menu option to only play Halo2/3 music so I never have to hear the Halo 4 soundtrack again?
ProvenDeadly
Member
(08-18-2014, 09:41 PM)
ProvenDeadly's Avatar

Originally Posted by DesertFox

Awesome, thanks! Nice to see them put this level of attention to detail into this collection. Now, where's my menu option to only play Halo2/3 music so I never have to hear the Halo 4 soundtrack again?

Just click on Halo 2/3 campaign and it will probably play until clicked off.

Thread Tools