• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

TheSinkingKnight
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:25 PM)
TheSinkingKnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

I wish I could get the DLC maps on my 360 so I could do the same. I thought I had them on there at one point...

You could always try finding the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Disc (even though it's missing the final DLCs). It's probably not worth finding though, since it's probably expensive now.
Altered Juice
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:25 PM)

Originally Posted by SmoothRunningGun

I would be bouncing off the walls.



haha nice!
Darkmakaimura
(06-11-2014, 09:26 PM)
Darkmakaimura's Avatar
All this excitement makes me hot and horny for more Halo lore. Really curious what Nightfall is gonna look like.
Daffy Duck
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:26 PM)
Daffy Duck's Avatar
I'm going to buy this and hopefully if I playboy from the start I will enjoy it.

Struggled to get into 4 but I'll give this a try as I've always wanted to enjoy this series.
Twilight Gap
Banned
(06-11-2014, 09:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

It's all WIP. Changes and improves with every drop. Excited to show you the other maps.

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have access to stats on the most popular/least popular maps throughout the games? Would be interesting to see how some of the maps fared across the titles, especially the BTB ones. I'm not sure whether you or someone at Bungie mentioned a while ago that Waterworks, which has been "remembered fondly" over the years, wasn't actually that popular when the game was out.
Mask
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:27 PM)
Mask's Avatar
Do all 4 games have split-screen co-op? Interested in grabbing an Xbone for this, and getting an extra pad to play with my brother, but I'd be sticking to offline MP and co-op.
Muffdraul
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:29 PM)
Muffdraul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

It's all WIP. Changes and improves with every drop. Excited to show you the other maps.

Don't forget your promise to include the Halo 2 E3 2003 demo in playable form. And by "promise" I mean "casually comment on it like a year ago that it might be within the realm of possibility" or whatever.
Tawpgun
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:29 PM)
Tawpgun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mask

Do all 4 games have split-screen co-op? Interested in grabbing an Xbone for this, and getting an extra pad to play with my brother, but I'd be sticking to offline MP and co-op.

Not sure about splitscreen.

But they confirmed online co-op for Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo 1 Anniversary already had coop. Halo 3 and 4 will obviously have it.

If its the same games, they should have coop. Probably splitscreen too

Originally Posted by Muffdraul

Don't forget your promise to include the Halo 2 E3 2003 demo in playable form. And by "promise" I mean "casually comment on it like a year ago that it might be within the realm of possibility" or whatever.

He actually mentioned in an interview that the demo was just too buggy to waste time in fixing. Said if you deviate even a little from the path shown in the demo the thing would crash
Mistel
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:29 PM)
Mistel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mask

Do all 4 games have split-screen co-op? Interested in grabbing an Xbone for this, and getting an extra pad to play with my brother, but I'd be sticking to offline MP and co-op.

Not sure if 2 does but the rest probably will.
Fata1moose
Banned
(06-11-2014, 09:29 PM)
Hope there are stage demos of the re-done multiplayer maps, would like to see more Ascension gameplay.
Takashi
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:30 PM)
Takashi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

It's all WIP. Changes and improves with every drop. Excited to show you the other maps.

teasing intensifies

Awesome to hear though, cant wait to see what you'll show us these next few months

Originally Posted by Exploratory

It's not done yet. Still being worked on they said but I doubt it'll look as good as something like Halo 5.

I don't mind if it doesn't look like Halo 5, I'm just glad that the whole look of it is still being worked on.
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:32 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gumball

I'm going to buy this and hopefully if I playboy from the start I will enjoy it.

Struggled to get into 4 but I'll give this a try as I've always wanted to enjoy this series.

Predictive text is a bitch.
Twilight Gap
Banned
(06-11-2014, 09:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Muffdraul

Don't forget your promise to include the Halo 2 E3 2003 demo in playable form. And by "promise" I mean "casually comment on it like a year ago that it might be within the realm of possibility" or whatever.

He actually did mention it several times during E3 interviews (it was in the IGN video but I didn't transcribe it). The gist of it was they did look into it, but they found that if you deviated from the specific path that Joe took when he played it back then, the game would crash.

I figured they'd have access to the level coding somehow to patch up the holes.
SillyNonsense
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:33 PM)
SillyNonsense's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jito

Oh go stick your head in the sand then, fucking PC people.

Jito
Banned
(Today, 06:26 PM)

Heh.

Originally Posted by Darkmakaimura

All this excitement makes me hot and horny for more Halo lore. Really curious what Nightfall is gonna look like.

The lore has always been my favorite part, even if a large draw is the multiplayer. The lore is what attracts me in the first place, the multiplayer is what keeps me around for a while.

I've been very unexcited for Destiny so far because they've been so tight-lipped about the lore. I want to see a story trailer.
Muffdraul
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:36 PM)
Muffdraul's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

He actually did mention it several times during E3 interviews (it was in the IGN video but I didn't transcribe it). The gist of it was they did look into it, but they found that if you deviated from the specific path that Joe took when he played it back then, the game would crash.

I figured they'd have access to the level coding somehow to patch up the holes.

Precisely what I figured. It's a tiny demo, doesn't seem like it'd be a herculean task per se.
Deputy Moonman
(06-11-2014, 09:36 PM)
Deputy Moonman's Avatar

Originally Posted by the_prime_mover

Bah - I was completely out of touch with the functionality of the XB1 but got excited at the prospect of playing some local H2 MP - but it seems that you can't system link the XB1?! That really sucks. This game and the $399 console have definitely increased my desire to pick up the system, but being limited to 4 player local is a bit of a deal breaker for me. Well, if this sells a tonne and has a healthy online population then I will probably get on board.

I could be wrong but I think Frankie said during an interview with ign that they would at least look into whether it was possible to make system link work on xbox one for halo.

Edit: beaten
PseudoKirby
Banned
(06-11-2014, 09:38 PM)
PseudoKirby's Avatar
any other game series and it would be a regular greatist hits collection.

but this is different, it offers things you can not or no longer get in the originals.


and hey MS I think you've fully swayed me to purchase an Xbox one (this and hope that Spark will be great)
rokkerkory
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:38 PM)
rokkerkory's Avatar

Originally Posted by StalkerUKCG

1v1 If I win I get a tag?

And if you lose?
StalkerUKCG
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:39 PM)
StalkerUKCG's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

And if you lose?

I won't

I'll take a 1 month ban
BeforeU
Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
(06-11-2014, 09:43 PM)
BeforeU's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pkm

I dont like Halo

Originally Posted by bishoptl

I dont like you

Future PhaZe
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:49 PM)
Future PhaZe's Avatar

Originally Posted by antigoon

My pipe dream for a well populated multiplayer (that obviously won't happen since they've announced otherwise and it would make a ton of people mad) is simply Halo CE and Halo 2, with 3's maps ported over to 2's engine.

The core multiplayer gameplay of Halo 3 and Halo 2 are extremely similar except that Halo 3 is just slightly worse in a lot of ways. I have no real desire to go back to 3's multiplayer when 2 is sitting there, except for some of the good maps.

pretty much this

I've always said that Halo 2 needed to be the CS of console gaming--a multiplayer that was so perfect that it should simply live on in some kind of free to play form, occasionally adding new maps and getting visual touchups forever. It's that good.

H3 was an exercise in frustration for me...alienating in such subtle ways. It LOOKS the same. It has the same core principles. But it was fucking wrong somehow, and I never got over it. A lot of people think the downfall of Halo started with Reach but I think 3 was where it started to leak mindshare.
TechnicPuppet
Nothing! I said nothing!
(06-11-2014, 09:49 PM)
TechnicPuppet's Avatar
I feel like it's not an Xbox without Halo, I cant wait for this. Going digital I want easy access at all times.
RooMHM
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:50 PM)
RooMHM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Muffdraul

I still enjoy playing the originals. but it'd be a lot more convenient if I could do so on my current gen console. Now I can. And they're going to be tarted up as well. I win.

You win -60 $ and the signal that you are ready to buy old games with just new graphics for 60 $.

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

People are excited because it's the best packaged deal, even better than the Orange Box.

Halo always makes people delirious. Orange box was 3 NEW games. And we all know what games.
PachinkoChampBruh
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:53 PM)
PachinkoChampBruh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zoba

[img]http://i.minus.com/ibr924alSaLxMu.gif

more like

Booties
Banned
(06-11-2014, 09:54 PM)
Booties's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mask

Do all 4 games have split-screen co-op? Interested in grabbing an Xbone for this, and getting an extra pad to play with my brother, but I'd be sticking to offline MP and co-op.

From the OP Q&A:

Twitter Q: Will the Master Chief Collection contain local play still?
Ryan: Splitscreens, how 'bout System Link too?
Frank: Splitscreen is supported. System link is in the plan and we'll have more to say about that later. System link is tricky even at the best of times. But the plan currently is to make everything work the way you'd expect.

Not sure if this is for all games, but my guess is yes.
SillyNonsense
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:54 PM)
SillyNonsense's Avatar

Originally Posted by PseudoKirby

any other game series and it would be a regular greatist hits collection.

but this is different, it offers things you can not or no longer get in the originals.


and hey MS I think you've fully swayed me to purchase an Xbox one (this and hope that Spark will be great)


That's the whole point I'm sure, it's definitely not out of the kindness of Microsoft's heart like some people seem to think (though I don't doubt that the actual employees at 343 have their hearts in their work).

Why was it impossible previously to get Halo 1 Anniversary to have multiplayer, and now it's possible to have all four with multiplayer, plus a whole additional engine component for remade maps?
That's an awful lot of work when only a couple of years ago, a small sliver of that was out of the question for a variety of reasons.

It's largely because the Xbox One badly needed a home run, and with Halo 5 not coming out for another year, they needed a major system seller for the holidays. Everything is money, but of course it is. That's why products are made.

But that's no surprise (that's the whole world) and either way, it works out well for Halo fans, this really is a wonderful collection. However, it's a bit disheartening that one of XB1's biggest system sellers this holiday will be old games everyone already owns.

What does that really say? About the state of the XB1, or the industry, or the future of games in general?

Overthinking things?
nomis
(06-11-2014, 09:54 PM)
nomis's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSinkingKnight

You could always try finding the Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Disc (even though it's missing the final DLCs). It's probably not worth finding though, since it's probably expensive now.

I have it if anyone wants to borrow it.
Dub117
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:56 PM)
Dub117's Avatar

Originally Posted by SillyNonsense

That's the whole point I'm sure, it's definitely not out of the kindness of Microsoft's heart like some people seem to think (though I don't doubt that the actual employees at 343 have their hearts in their work).

Why was it impossible previously to get Halo 1 Anniversary to have multiplayer, and now it's possible to have all four with multiplayer, plus a whole additional engine component for remade maps?
That's an awful lot of work when only a couple of years ago, a small sliver of that was out of the question for a variety of reasons.

It's largely because the Xbox One badly needed a home run, and with Halo 5 not coming out for another year, they needed a major system seller for the holidays. Everything is money.

But that's no surprise (that's the whole world) and either way, it works out well for Halo fans, this really is a wonderful collection. However, it's a bit disheartening that one of XB1's biggest system sellers this holiday will be old games everyone already owns. What does that really say?

That the games are arguably some of the best ever made and people have a passion for them?

Edit: after your edit, I still stand by the fact that it shows the passion of the community, and also that probably a lot of new xbone system sellers are slated for a 2015-16 release window. I don't think you should be worried about the future of gaming.
Muffdraul
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:57 PM)
Muffdraul's Avatar

Originally Posted by RooMHM

You win -60 $ and the signal that you are ready to buy old games with just new graphics for 60 $.

Is this the part where we start arguing over whether $60 is "a lot of money"? $60 is nothing to me when it buys four of my favorite games that have been improved to run on current gen consoles.
skatebored
Member
(06-11-2014, 09:59 PM)
skatebored's Avatar

Originally Posted by SillyNonsense

That's the whole point I'm sure, it's definitely not out of the kindness of Microsoft's heart like some people seem to think (though I don't doubt that the actual employees at 343 have their hearts in their work).

Why was it impossible previously to get Halo 1 Anniversary to have multiplayer, and now it's possible to have all four with multiplayer, plus a whole additional engine component for remade maps?
That's an awful lot of work when only a couple of years ago, a small sliver of that was out of the question for a variety of reasons.

It's largely because the Xbox One badly needed a home run, and with Halo 5 not coming out for another year, they needed a major system seller for the holidays. Everything is money.

But that's no surprise (that's the whole world) and either way, it works out well for Halo fans, this really is a wonderful collection. However, it's a bit disheartening that one of XB1's biggest system sellers this holiday will be old games everyone already owns.

What does that really say? About the state of the XB1, or the industry, or the future of games in general?

Overthinking things?

Dedicated servers is why.
Willy Wanka
my god this avatar owns
(06-11-2014, 10:05 PM)
Willy Wanka's Avatar
I guess I wasn't paying attention during the MS conference because I thought the multiplayer was going to be made up of Halo 2 maps with some remade favourites.This collection is insane value.
squidhands
My preferred nomenclature
is Hobo-American
(06-11-2014, 10:08 PM)
squidhands's Avatar
Forgive me if this has been covered, but will we still be unlocking armor via campaign in Halo 3? Will there be Recon?
defghik
Member
(06-11-2014, 10:11 PM)

Originally Posted by the_prime_mover

Bah - I was completely out of touch with the functionality of the XB1 but got excited at the prospect of playing some local H2 MP - but it seems that you can't system link the XB1?! That really sucks. This game and the $399 console have definitely increased my desire to pick up the system, but being limited to 4 player local is a bit of a deal breaker for me. Well, if this sells a tonne and has a healthy online population then I will probably get on board.

In their IGN interview, Frankie said the plan was to include system link, but that there were some technical hurdles to get over (obviously I'm not quoting him verbatim).

I really hope LAN play does make it into the game - if it doesn't, it'd kill the possibility of Halo 1 and 2 tournaments.
El_Chino
Member
(06-11-2014, 10:12 PM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by squidhands

Forgive me if this has been covered, but will we still be unlocking armor via campaign in Halo 3? Will there be Recon?

I just realized 1080p Hayabusa armor! Haha
henhowc
(06-11-2014, 10:13 PM)
henhowc's Avatar
are there screenshots or video of halo 3/4 1080p?
SicSemperTyrannis
Member
(06-11-2014, 10:29 PM)
SicSemperTyrannis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stinkles

It's all WIP. Changes and improves with every drop. Excited to show you the other maps.

Frankie, could 343i do the competitive Halo community a solid and bring back clan support for this collection? You win all the things if you can do this for me <3
megabytecr
Member
(06-11-2014, 10:51 PM)
megabytecr's Avatar
I only played Halo 1 on PC and I loved it. So actually thinking about getting an XB1 vs PS4, but not really sure, I am also interested in Sunset Overdrive.... but 3rd party games run better on PS4 + TLOUR... Decisions....

Halo 2 is remasteres.
Halo 3 I guess not, just 1080p60
Halo 4??
Archpath1
Member
(06-11-2014, 10:57 PM)
Archpath1's Avatar

Originally Posted by E92 M3

4 v 4 Team Slayer Lockout

Team doubles Lockout bruh
ViewtifulJC
Banned
(06-11-2014, 10:59 PM)
ViewtifulJC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Archpath1

Team doubles Lockout bruh

1v1 me kid
matrixman92
Member
(06-11-2014, 10:59 PM)
matrixman92's Avatar
Does anyone have confirmation if this comes with the PC exclusive Halo 2 maps? never got the chance to give those a go.

I thought this fall looked rather stale for gaming, with so much stuff getting delayed. This has me so hyped for gaming this Fall now lol
Source
Member
(06-11-2014, 11:00 PM)
Source's Avatar

Originally Posted by megabytecr

I only played Halo 1 on PC and I loved it. So actually thinking about getting an XB1 vs PS4, but not really sure, I am also interested in Sunset Overdrive.... but 3rd party games run better on PS4 + TLOUR... Decisions....

Halo 2 is remasteres.
Halo 3 I guess not, just 1080p60
Halo 4??

Halo 4 is getting the same treatment as Halo 3, it will now be 1080p and 60fps.
Eoin
Member
(06-11-2014, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by megabytecr

I only played Halo 1 on PC and I loved it. So actually thinking about getting an XB1 vs PS4, but not really sure, I am also interested in Sunset Overdrive.... but 3rd party games run better on PS4 + TLOUR... Decisions....

Halo 2 is remasteres.
Halo 3 I guess not, just 1080p60
Halo 4??

Three of the best games ever made plus Halo 4 all on one disc. I don't think you'll regret it, especially if you haven't played them before.
darthbob
Member
(06-11-2014, 11:03 PM)
darthbob's Avatar
I'm sure it won't get answered, but I hope that the version of Halo 4 in the MCC will go for crisper sounding audio during the cutscenes. On the X360 version it sounded compressed as hell.
bidguy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 11:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Source

Halo 4 is getting the same treatment as Halo 3, it will now be 1080p and 60fps.

cant wait to see how it looks and plays on 1080p60
belushy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 11:07 PM)
New article by venturebeat:

One interesting quote

How will matchmaking and rankings work across four different games?

Players will have a single ranking that spans across Halo 1-4 for matchmaking and showing-off purposes.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/un...emes-and-more/

edit: And this quote about controls

Will controls change from Halo to Halo?

Yes — unless you opt for one of the universal controller schemes that The Master Chief Collection will offer. You can just pick one setup and use that for any Halo that you jump into, so you won’t have to worry about buttons that change from game to game.

We have confirmed, though, that Halo 3′s specific controls will not be available as a universal controller option. Its left hand/right hand setup just doesn’t play well with the other Halos.

RetroStu
Banned
(06-11-2014, 11:07 PM)

Originally Posted by SillyNonsense

That's the whole point I'm sure, it's definitely not out of the kindness of Microsoft's heart like some people seem to think (though I don't doubt that the actual employees at 343 have their hearts in their work).

Why was it impossible previously to get Halo 1 Anniversary to have multiplayer, and now it's possible to have all four with multiplayer, plus a whole additional engine component for remade maps?
That's an awful lot of work when only a couple of years ago, a small sliver of that was out of the question for a variety of reasons.

It's largely because the Xbox One badly needed a home run, and with Halo 5 not coming out for another year, they needed a major system seller for the holidays. Everything is money, but of course it is. That's why products are made.

But that's no surprise (that's the whole world) and either way, it works out well for Halo fans, this really is a wonderful collection. However, it's a bit disheartening that one of XB1's biggest system sellers this holiday will be old games everyone already owns.

What does that really say? About the state of the XB1, or the industry, or the future of games in general?

Overthinking things?

Look at the response to this Halo Collection on this forum and other forums, the response is out of this world.
You know they could of easily just stuck all 4 Halo's on a disk and sold it for $60 but no, they have invest time and effort to improve all 4 games, to get them at 1080p/60fps, to add 100 multiplayer maps (which they could of sold separately or as dlc etc), given access to the Halo 5 beta, access to the Halo web series.

This package is imo the best game package ever put out, even better value than The Orange Box.
Also this is Halo we are talking about, its not some second rate franchise that a studio is quickly putting together to make a few bucks. This is Halo and all 4 main Halo games complete with 100 multiplayer maps. This is seriously the best game on the system imo and i would pick this pack well before halo 5 if i had the choice.
PachinkoChampBruh
Member
(06-11-2014, 11:07 PM)
PachinkoChampBruh's Avatar

Originally Posted by darthbob

I'm sure it won't get answered, but I hope that the version of Halo 4 in the MCC will go for crisper sounding audio during the cutscenes. On the X360 version it sounded compressed as hell.

ya i was about to ask did they fix 4's campaign cutscene audio, it sounded mono.
and compressed
backflip10019
Member
(06-11-2014, 11:08 PM)
backflip10019's Avatar

Originally Posted by belucheez

New article by venturebeat:

One interesting quote


http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/un...emes-and-more/

Pretty sure they mentioned this earlier, so not entirely new information. Still anxious to learn more about the ranking system.
belushy
Banned
(06-11-2014, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by backflip10019

Pretty sure they mentioned this earlier, so not entirely new information. Still anxious to learn more about the ranking system.

Oh, didn't know. Last time I heard yesterday it was just "we will talk about ranks later." Cool to see confirmation for a system like that though. Hopefully it works well.
Eoin
Member
(06-11-2014, 11:10 PM)
I wonder if they're ripping out the whole perk/loadout system from Halo 4 for matchmaking. I'm not sure how they would handle the unlocking process otherwise. Would make the experience between games a lot more cohesive as well.

Originally Posted by backflip10019

Pretty sure they mentioned this earlier, so not entirely new information. Still anxious to learn more about the ranking system.

First time I've heard them confirm visible in game ranks. Thought they might go the half arsed Halo 4 route and hide them on waypoint.

Thread Tools