• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Hippopuncher12
Member
(10-17-2017, 11:34 PM)
Hippopuncher12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vanillalite

How many teams end up undefeated at the end of the year?

End of the regular season? I am going 3. Alabama, UCF and Wisconsin. 2 of those will lose after that though.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-17-2017, 11:57 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

By that logic Tebow should never have won his Heisman. (In addition to Lamar Jackson and a bunch of other guys)

If you want to argue that it should be that way, that's fair, but it ain't that way.

Don't remember much about Tebow's Heisman year, but Louisville never lost because of anything Lamar Jackson did or didn't do. His defense and offensive line were just garbage, and yet he still put up video game numbers, even in defeat. He didn't disappear when his squad needed him. McCaffrey couldn't say the same for one or two weeks that year.

So, nah. It's nuance involved. McCaffrey probably wins it in 2015 if not for Derrick (and even then, Deshaun was right there), but losing to a player that had a better year than you did isn't getting snubbed. It's just...losing.

Originally Posted by Vanillalite

How many teams end up undefeated at the end of the year?

Assuming you mean the regular season, I think 4. Alabama, Georgia, Wisconsin, UCF. Off the top of my head, anyways.
cdyhybrid
(10-18-2017, 12:09 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

Don't remember much about Tebow's Heisman year, but Louisville never lost because of anything Lamar Jackson did or didn't do. His defense and offensive line were just garbage, and yet he still put up video game numbers, even in defeat. He didn't disappear when his squad needed him. McCaffrey couldn't say the same for one or two weeks that year.

So, nah. It's nuance involved. McCaffrey probably wins it in 2015 if not for Derrick (and even then, Deshaun was right there), but losing to a player that had a better year than you did isn't getting snubbed. It's just...losing.



Assuming you mean the regular season, I think 4. Alabama, Georgia, Wisconsin, UCF. Off the top of my head, anyways.

I mean, if we're taking nuance, one could argue that Stanford would have won like 4 games total without McCaffrey. Bama's success wasn't nearly as dependent on Henry's production. Stanford didn't have anyone even approaching OJ Howard or Calvin Ridley or ArDarius Stewart to 1) take defensive focus off of him or 2) make up for any potential dips in production. McCaffrey was that entire offense AND he was a game changer on returns.

They both had Heisman worthy seasons, however you want to break the tie is up to you.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 12:25 AM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

I mean, if we're taking nuance, one could argue that Stanford would have won like 4 games total without McCaffrey. Bama's success wasn't nearly as dependent on Henry's production. Stanford didn't have anyone even approaching OJ Howard or Calvin Ridley or ArDarius Stewart to 1) take defensive focus off of him or 2) make up for any potential dips in production. McCaffrey was that entire offense AND he was a game changer on returns.

They both had Heisman worthy seasons, however you want to break the tie is up to you.

OJ caught like 75% of his passes in 2015 in the natty lmfao. And Calvin didn't start coming along until halfway through the season, after Foster got hurt and Coker started to see the field better. ArDarius bloomed even later (he spent the better part of the season most useful as a downfield blocker). Even then, our passing game was mostly inconsistent, so every defense we faced knew Henry was getting the ball, and yet we fed him 30+ times a game. And no one could stop him. He didn't have a Northwestern stinker on his resume, even with teams selling out to stop him.

You misunderstood "McCaffrey didn't have a Heisman-worthy season". Or I misspoke. He was worthy of it. I just don't think he was more worthy than Derrick that year, which is ultimately all that matters (and is subjective, obviously).
andycapps
(10-18-2017, 12:29 AM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

Broke Herschel Walkers record and carried an offense largely on his own, against better competition. And didn't disappear against Northwestern. But, all purpose yards *shrug*

He did, but Herschel also did it in 3 years like Henry, but they didn't count postseason stats back then. He was the entire offense and teams still couldn't stop him.
cdyhybrid
(10-18-2017, 12:29 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

OJ caught like 75% of his passes in 2015 in the natty lmfao. And Calvin didn't start coming along until halfway through the season, after Foster got hurt and Coker started to see the field better. ArDarius bloomed even later. Even then, our passing game was mostly inconsistent, so every defense we faced knew Henry was getting the ball, and yet we fed him 30+ times a game. And no one could stop him. He didn't have a Northwestern stinker on his resume, even with teams selling out to stop him.

You misunderstood "McCaffrey didn't have a Heisman-worthy season". Or I misspoke. He was worthy of it. I just don't think he was more worthy than Derrick that year, which is ultimately all that matters (and is subjective, obviously).

Yeah, that's what I thought you were saying. My bad if I misunderstood. Thinking Henry deserved it over McCaffrey is fair. I don't agree, but I can make a convincing (in my eyes) argument that either guy deserved it over the other.

That's part of the problem with the Heisman, though - there's no clear criteria. Is it MVP? Best player on a contender? Most historically outstanding production? Something else? It's one or some or all of the above depending on the year.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 12:35 AM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

Yeah, that's what I thought you were saying. My bad if I misunderstood. Thinking Henry deserved it over McCaffrey is fair. I don't agree, but I can make a convincing (in my eyes) argument that either guy deserved it over the other.

That's part of the problem with the Heisman, though - there's no clear criteria. Is it MVP? Best player on a contender? Most historically outstanding production? Something else? It's one or some or all of the above depending on the year.

I tend to think of the Heisman as something akin to pornography ("you know it when you see it" lmao).

Just depends on what happened throughout the landscape of college football in a given year.
chaosblade
Member
(10-18-2017, 02:30 AM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vanillalite

How many teams end up undefeated at the end of the year?

At most 3, SEC champ, B1G champ, and UCF.

I'm guessing 0-1 undefeated going into bowl season.


And imagine how damn good Henry would have been behind an actually good OL. He was so good the OL got accolades they didn't deserve. Dude was constantly getting hit in the backfield all season.
Azwethinkweiz
Member
(10-18-2017, 02:31 AM)
Azwethinkweiz's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

Don't remember much about Tebow's Heisman year, but Louisville never lost because of anything Lamar Jackson did or didn't do. His defense and offensive line were just garbage, and yet he still put up video game numbers, even in defeat. He didn't disappear when his squad needed him. McCaffrey couldn't say the same for one or two weeks that year.

Pretty sure Louisville lost to Kentucky last year because Lamar fumbled in the redzone on their last possession.
Purple Cheeto
Member
(10-18-2017, 05:10 AM)
Bad news for USC: https://twitter.com/joeyrkaufman/sta...62968340353024
GoldenEye 007
Member
(10-18-2017, 06:04 AM)
GoldenEye 007's Avatar
I don't think I've seen as thirsty of a fanbase as I am seeing Nebraska right about now. Truly pathetic. And if Tony Dungy is any trustworthy source here as a mentor to Frost, Nebraska isn't getting Frost.
unknownstranger
Member
(10-18-2017, 06:33 AM)
unknownstranger's Avatar
Why am I still getting ads for WSU-Cal?
AntoneM
Member
(10-18-2017, 07:04 AM)
AntoneM's Avatar

Originally Posted by GoldenEye 007

I don't think I've seen as thirsty of a fanbase as I am seeing Nebraska right about now. Truly pathetic. And if Tony Dungy is any trustworthy source here as a mentor to Frost, Nebraska isn't getting Frost.

Frost would schedule a revenge game against Arizona State and when Neb loses he would have an aneurysm. (referencing 1996)
Balphon
Member
(10-18-2017, 07:08 AM)
Balphon's Avatar

Originally Posted by unknownstranger

Why am I still getting ads for WSU-Cal?

The ads were trying to warn you.

But now it's too late.
SCChappy
Banned
(10-18-2017, 07:16 AM)
It makes me absolutely disgusted that penn state even still has a football program let alone one that could be in the playoff
ryseing
Member
(10-18-2017, 07:17 AM)

Originally Posted by GoldenEye 007

I don't think I've seen as thirsty of a fanbase as I am seeing Nebraska right about now. Truly pathetic. And if Tony Dungy is any trustworthy source here as a mentor to Frost, Nebraska isn't getting Frost.

Frost was the QB for their last "national champion" (LOL Coaches Poll). Doesn't excuse their behavior but having Mike Riley would drive anyone to those levels of thirst.

I think if y'all win 10 games he's going to Tennessee. Gruden/Kelly ain't happening for them, so Frost and Schiano would have to be atop their list.

Originally Posted by SCChappy

It makes me absolutely disgusted that penn state even still has a football program let alone one that could be in the playoff

I was actually thinking earlier after I read some Penn State fluff piece about how I would deal with this hypothetical situation in the Playoff OT and truth is I don't have a friggin clue.

Still five/six games left. Hopefully they lose to the fighting Harbaughs and we won't have to worry.
cdyhybrid
(10-18-2017, 09:16 AM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by SCChappy

It makes me absolutely disgusted that penn state even still has a football program let alone one that could be in the playoff

You and us both.

Take care of this, tOSU and Michigan.

And everyone else in the B1G, for that matter.
timetokill
Banned
(10-18-2017, 09:24 AM)
timetokill's Avatar

Originally Posted by SCChappy

It makes me absolutely disgusted that penn state even still has a football program let alone one that could be in the playoff

Any decent person feels this way
tebunker
Banned
(10-18-2017, 03:06 PM)

Originally Posted by SCChappy

It makes me absolutely disgusted that penn state even still has a football program let alone one that could be in the playoff

I think a lot of my disgust is that it feels alike a lot of the people who were responsible for what happened haven't been or never will be punished. Add that to the fact that school was never realy reprimanded to an extent that would curb future bad behavior.

Instead people tried to use the argument that we shouldn't punish the people not involved, the dirtbag is in prison, look at all the good stuff etc and all the platitudes that were dragged out. All of it missing that their beloved football coach and university conspired to keep the horrendous actions of a horrid human hidden.

They never got sufficient punishment in many eyes and they weaseled out of what punishment was doled and they've quickly gotten back to their shitty ways because by god football is more important.

Yeah I get that it sucks that others have to suffer for the shitty decisions of the few, but in this instance how the fuck are people supposed to learn to not put your football program above all else? Which nearly every large school does sadly.

I think I would have felt better if that school had not only wiped their entire Athletic Dept top to bottom, but also the board of regents as well as the president's and chancellors. A complete house cleaning would have at the least made it seemed like they were trying to change the cult-ure there.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 03:22 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar
I'm already prepared for Pedo State to make the playoffs. Stay ready to keep from having to get ready smh

I'd love for us to dominate them again anyways.

Originally Posted by Azwethinkweiz

Pretty sure Louisville lost to Kentucky last year because Lamar fumbled in the redzone on their last possession.

Really? I'll be damned.

Still, given how the year played out, not sure who else you could've given the award to. Guy was a one man highlight reel the likes of which we'd never seen, and everyone else just kinda got by that year.
jjasper
Member
(10-18-2017, 03:48 PM)
jjasper's Avatar

Originally Posted by ryseing

I think if y'all win 10 games he's going to Tennessee. Gruden/Kelly ain't happening for them, so Frost and Schiano would have to be atop their list.

The Gruden thing is just a running joke with the majority of the fanbase at this point messing with fans that still think it would happen. The time for that passed long ago. The time to do it was last time when they tried and UT was too cheap to pay. I don't see why Kelly would come I think it is much more likely he tries to land the UCLA job. I don't know who they will get but it will be disappointing cause they will likely be cheap again.

Chris Low: "Lane Kiffin would come back to VOLS in a heartbeat and has let Currie know"



Just for complete awesomeness.
bucknuticus
Member
(10-18-2017, 03:50 PM)
bucknuticus's Avatar


Blech
andycapps
(10-18-2017, 03:52 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by jjasper

The Gruden thing is just a running joke with the majority of the fanbase at this point messing with fans that still think it would happen. The time for that passed long ago. The time to do it was last time when they tried and UT was too cheap to pay. I don't see why Kelly would come I think it is much more likely he tries to land the UCLA job. I don't know who they will get but it will be disappointing cause they will likely be cheap again.

Paging Mike Bobo. Which I would hate. Dude from UTSA will be getting a job this off-season too.
Rvaan
Banned
(10-18-2017, 03:59 PM)
Kiffin going back to TENN would be hilarious.
jjasper
Member
(10-18-2017, 04:09 PM)
jjasper's Avatar

Originally Posted by andycapps

Paging Mike Bobo. Which I would hate. Dude from UTSA will be getting a job this off-season too.

Pretty sure that dude coached here under Kiffin.

Originally Posted by Rvaan

Kiffin going back to TENN would be hilarious.

Hell yeah it would.
Hippopuncher12
Member
(10-18-2017, 04:12 PM)
Hippopuncher12's Avatar

Originally Posted by bucknuticus



Blech

I like em. /shrug. I like them having a completely different look like once a year. That is all though.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 04:14 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by bucknuticus



Blech

This is bad, but after Florida committing the crime of a century on our eyeballs last week, everything else seems tame.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?
bucknuticus
Member
(10-18-2017, 04:22 PM)
bucknuticus's Avatar
It can work depending on helmet and pants
jjasper
Member
(10-18-2017, 04:28 PM)
jjasper's Avatar
Yeah that alternate is about the least offensive Nike alternate you can hope for.
El_Chino
Member
(10-18-2017, 05:01 PM)
El_Chino's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

This is bad, but after Florida committing the crime of a century on our eyeballs last week, everything else seems tame.

Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking?

I liked the helmet a lot and the shoes.

*shrugs*
TheLetdown
Member
(10-18-2017, 05:06 PM)
TheLetdown's Avatar
Remember when Franklin talked about healing the program, as if enabling large scale patterned sexual abuse on minors was something that happened to them, like a wildfire or a hurricane or an earthquake? What a guy.

And for some reason, people, Bama's season has this ominous hum going on for me. Like the Iron Bowl may be a shocker. Or UGA* sticks around long enough in the SEC champ game to drive a spike in.

*assuming UF doesn't win out and UGA loses an additional game against Auburn, SCAR or Kentucky...
Andodalf
Member
(10-18-2017, 05:23 PM)
Andodalf's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hippopuncher12

2015 Heisman was a sham in my opinion. Henry is a great player and running back but he had I think the 2nd worst YPC out of the top 10 running backs that year, and he also had to carry the ball almost 400 times to get the output he had. He was also dead last in the top 10 for total yards per play from scrimmage. He did have the highest TD total in the top 10 by 5 I believe over Zeke and I think it was Fournette. It is what it is obviously, but the Heisman is just a complete who gives a shit at this point.

As for this year that Stanford dude, and Mayfield should be the front runners in my opinion. Mayfield can't help that his defense sucks, but he still puts up the numbers he needs to.

Henry's high number of carries benefited him. He became known as a bruiser like in the old days, and his ability to wear down teams and feast in the 4th was incredibly impressive to watch.
tebunker
Banned
(10-18-2017, 06:11 PM)

Originally Posted by TheLetdown

Remember when Franklin talked about healing the program, as if enabling large scale patterned sexual abuse on minors was something that happened to them, like a wildfire or a hurricane or an earthquake? What a guy.

And for some reason, people, Bama's season has this ominous hum going on for me. Like the Iron Bowl may be a shocker. Or UGA* sticks around long enough in the SEC champ game to drive a spike in.

*assuming UF doesn't win out and UGA loses an additional game against Auburn, SCAR or Kentucky...

Nah not really worried. There hasn't been a season in the past ten years where it never felt a little tenuous.

08 we always felt young and immature. Good enough, not great yet. Effing Utah...

09 offense was so bland and vanilla. Greg was a good game manager, but remember needing Mark to put the entire offense on his back for SCAR.

10 they got complacent fast.

11 LSU always looked like the better all around team, and there were several other great teams.

12 Similar to 11. A lot of really good teams on the schedule. Blew it to JFF, but ultimately everything fell in to place. UGA.

13 Best team in the country? But still had tough tests and eventually lost. Sucks cause FsU/Bama that year would've been legit. Might have still gotten in if playoffs existed.

14 Breaking in Blake; Ole Piss; tough games every week, every team had a buy the before etc.

15 Ole Long Ball Coker needing to get his head straight, RTDBL, again still had off games and tough tests, still lost to Ole Piss and needed Hunter Henry lateralling us in the SECCG.

16 Breaking in Jalen, Lane is a distraction, LSU writing a "template" etc

Don't forget things like shit through a tin horn etc. So naw, this just feels like all the rest of the years. I like Alabama having control of its own destiny and not having to rely on Fuckery in Ames or Arky laterals to get to the CG.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 06:40 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by El_Chino

I liked the helmet a lot and the shoes.

*shrugs*

It was all bad.

Originally Posted by TheLetdown

Remember when Franklin talked about healing the program, as if enabling large scale patterned sexual abuse on minors was something that happened to them, like a wildfire or a hurricane or an earthquake? What a guy.

And for some reason, people, Bama's season has this ominous hum going on for me. Like the Iron Bowl may be a shocker. Or UGA* sticks around long enough in the SEC champ game to drive a spike in.

*assuming UF doesn't win out and UGA loses an additional game against Auburn, SCAR or Kentucky...

UGA could shock us behind that defense, but I doubt it. They're too dependent on the run.

Auburn, lol.

Last year was the only other time I felt nobody in the country could hang with us, and that view changed as Jalen's development as a passer hit a brick wall halfway through the season.

This year, it feels like the team is balanced enough that their best game against any team should be more than enough, but we all know weird shit happens. But I'm grateful that, for once, the thought of getting into a shootout with someone doesn't scare me.

And that we have an OC that won't panic and forget to run the ball when running the ball is working. Kiffin and Sark both cost us one that way.
chaosblade
Member
(10-18-2017, 06:42 PM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

And that we have an OC that won't panic and forget to run the ball when running the ball is working. Kiffin and Sark both cost us one that way.

I've been so pleased this season with Daboll as OC. I'm just afraid he's not going to stick around very long.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 06:48 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar
For my money, Levi Wallace is the best story in CFB right now. Walk-on becomes a lockdown CB for Alabama and has had far and away the best season in the country at the position so far.

Originally Posted by chaosblade

I've been so pleased this season with Daboll as OC. I'm just afraid he's not going to stick around very long.

Yeah, I feel like we'll have him through next season, and then he'll move on elsewhere. I'm afraid of the same with Pruitt, but that's what happens when you've got two coordinators enjoying that level of success. They're probably the best pair we've had under Saban. Saban always hires the right guys after staff departures though, so I'm not too worried.
PlayALLtheGames
Barber: Whatchu want?
Me: I've got $24
Barber: Say no more fam
(10-18-2017, 06:59 PM)
PlayALLtheGames's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

They're probably the best pair we've had under Saban. Saban always hires the right guys after staff departures though, so I'm not too worried.

I think your coordinators' success has more to do with Saban anyway.
andycapps
(10-18-2017, 07:11 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

UGA could shock us behind that defense, but I doubt it. They're too dependent on the run.

Not much reason to stop running if it's working. We don't have Kiffin coaching offense who decides to stop doing what's working. But UGA did have 700 yards of offense this last week with half of that in the air. Think they're trying to get Fromm ready for the latter half of the season. He looked really good.

I really think Eason is done. You can't take this team from Fromm, barring injury. He's winning games and improving every week.
Denali
Member
(10-18-2017, 07:36 PM)
Denali's Avatar
When the hell does MACtion start?
Rocketz
Member
(10-18-2017, 07:41 PM)
Rocketz's Avatar
Toledo's last Saturday game is this week and the rest of the games on the schedule are Wednesday or Thursday with Black Friday being the final regular season game against Western.

Bowler
Member
(10-18-2017, 08:38 PM)
Bowler's Avatar

Originally Posted by tebunker

I think a lot of my disgust is that it feels alike a lot of the people who were responsible for what happened haven't been or never will be punished. Add that to the fact that school was never realy reprimanded to an extent that would curb future bad behavior.

Instead people tried to use the argument that we shouldn't punish the people not involved, the dirtbag is in prison, look at all the good stuff etc and all the platitudes that were dragged out. All of it missing that their beloved football coach and university conspired to keep the horrendous actions of a horrid human hidden.

They never got sufficient punishment in many eyes and they weaseled out of what punishment was doled and they've quickly gotten back to their shitty ways because by god football is more important.

Yeah I get that it sucks that others have to suffer for the shitty decisions of the few, but in this instance how the fuck are people supposed to learn to not put your football program above all else? Which nearly every large school does sadly.

I think I would have felt better if that school had not only wiped their entire Athletic Dept top to bottom, but also the board of regents as well as the president's and chancellors. A complete house cleaning would have at the least made it seemed like they were trying to change the cult-ure there.

The issue with that statement is what you feel should be the penalty of the most horrid of cases. You say that you want everyone to be cleaned off from top to bottom. But you can't run a school that way. You go after the ones that knew. Which they did. When the FBI gets involved you know it's bad, and they (Penn state ) followed the course of action that was given to them. 73 million in total cash penalties or no football program. This was the ultimatum from the NCAA

The question then goes to the ncaa why offer the money or nothing?

Not to mention the 73 million went to child programs. That is why they eased up on the bowl game bans. That money went to programs that needed it, and to help the big picture. Some of the responses literally have been to nuke Penn State off the map. Completely disregarding every alumni, professor, current student, jobs workers, towns and villages, all of there jobs because of what the FBI says was a total of 5 to 7 people that did the worst thing you could do, when given the chance to put the 1 person that did something worse then murder, down.

All 8 are guilty. And tbh Sandusky should of got the death penalty or life sentence in solitary, And the other 7 should of gotten more then a few months in jail for knowing, but to nuke a area of 200 square miles of everything because of it is just not the right thing to do.
cdyhybrid
(10-18-2017, 08:42 PM)
cdyhybrid's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bowler

The issue with that statement is what you feel should be the penalty of the most horrid of cases. You say that you want everyone to be cleaned off from top to bottom. But you can't run a school that way. You go after the ones that knew. Which they did. When the FBI gets involved you know it's bad, and they (Penn state ) followed the course of action that was given to them. 73 million in total cash penalties or no football program. This was the ultimatum from the NCAA

The question then goes to the ncaa why offer the money or nothing?

Not to mention the 73 million went to child programs. That is why they eased up on the bowl game bans. That money went to programs that needed it, and to help the big picture. Some of the responses literally have been to nuke Penn State off the map. Completely disregarding every alumni, professor, current student, jobs workers, towns and villages, all of there jobs because of what the FBI says was a total of 5 to 7 people that did the worst thing you could do, when given the chance to put the 1 person that did something worse then murder, down.

All 8 are guilty. And tbh Sandusky should of got the death penalty or life sentence in solitary, And the other 7 should of gotten more then a few months in jail for knowing, but to nuke a area of 200 square miles of everything because of it is just not the right thing to do.

You'd have a point if the cult of Penn State hadn't been spending years trying to clear Paterno's name.
chaosblade
Member
(10-18-2017, 08:53 PM)
chaosblade's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rocketz

Toledo's last Saturday game is this week and the rest of the games on the schedule are Wednesday or Thursday with Black Friday being the final regular season game against Western.

I imagine a lot of people would be disappointed or upset about this.

I don't really have any feelings about Toledo at all, but it means I may end up catching quite a few of their games since there won't be anything else to turn on.

Originally Posted by cdyhybrid

You'd have a point if the cult of Penn State hadn't been spending years trying to clear Paterno's name.

Yeah, if PSU and the fanbase had distanced themselves from all the people involved and sought to rise above the whole thing, I wouldn't have that much of a problem with them after the fact.

But instead they went on the defense and play the victim, which is some bullshit.
perfectchaos007
Member
(10-18-2017, 09:00 PM)
perfectchaos007's Avatar

Originally Posted by andycapps

Paging Mike Bobo. Which I would hate. Dude from UTSA will be getting a job this off-season too.

Also if aggy decides to stick with Sumlin, the guy from SMU who was rumored to be heading to aggyland would be available for other P5 programs to snag.

Originally Posted by Rocketz

Toledo's last Saturday game is this week and the rest of the games on the schedule are Wednesday or Thursday with Black Friday being the final regular season game against Western.

If they MAC wants to move up the G5 ranks they should probably avoid playing a High School football schedule. One or two weekday games is okay but all of them??
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 09:11 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by PlayALLtheGames

I think your coordinators' success has more to do with Saban anyway.

It's impossible to separate any of Alabama's success from Saban right now since he's the CEO.

That said, we've had bad coordinators under him. Florida's got one of em now.

Originally Posted by andycapps

Not much reason to stop running if it's working. We don't have Kiffin coaching offense who decides to stop doing what's working. But UGA did have 700 yards of offense this last week with half of that in the air. Think they're trying to get Fromm ready for the latter half of the season. He looked really good.

I really think Eason is done. You can't take this team from Fromm, barring injury. He's winning games and improving every week.

Not saying y'all can't throw. I know y'all haven't had to. Just curious if y'all can when the need arises. Fromm looking better now is great and one thing, but I'll reserve judgement for him performing against a defense with a pulse. You could say the same for Jalen as a passer, I just think his ability as a runner and our having better targets makes Bama>UGA a safe bet (for now) even if you assume neither can win with their arm.
Limedust
Member
(10-18-2017, 09:27 PM)
Limedust's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

It's impossible to separate any of Alabama's success from Saban right now since he's the CEO.

That said, we've had bad coordinators under him. Florida's got one of em now.

I was just fine with McElwain as OC. I didn't hate Nuss, either.

Wasn't impressed with Applewhite, though.
peteykirch
Member
(10-18-2017, 09:35 PM)
peteykirch's Avatar
Well, turns out Rutgers will be getting more money from the B10 earlier than expected.

I hope this means we can fire Chris Ash, and actually buy a competent coaching staff that won't alienate the local HS coaches of NJ.
MugiwaraCole
Member
(10-18-2017, 09:41 PM)
MugiwaraCole's Avatar

Originally Posted by Limedust

I was just fine with McElwain as OC. I didn't hate Nuss, either.

Wasn't impressed with Applewhite, though.

That was more a shot at Nuss. I didn't hate Mac, but his schemes were always vanilla as hell, and I always got the feeling he only succeeded at Alabama because of the players, not any schemes he deployed. Which is part of his problem now at Florida.

And yeah, fuck Applewhite.
andycapps
(10-18-2017, 10:03 PM)
andycapps's Avatar

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

Not saying y'all can't throw. I know y'all haven't had to. Just curious if y'all can when the need arises. Fromm looking better now is great and one thing, but I'll reserve judgement for him performing against a defense with a pulse. You could say the same for Jalen as a passer, I just think his ability as a runner and our having better targets makes Bama>UGA a safe bet (for now) even if you assume neither can win with their arm.

I like the matchup with a running QB far more than one with a great arm. Running QBs haven't done anything all year against us.

Yeah it's hard to tell how good anyone is until they play better teams, but opponent adjusted stats can be useful.
tebunker
Banned
(10-18-2017, 10:07 PM)

Originally Posted by MugiwaraCole

That was more a shot at Nuss. I didn't hate Mac, but his schemes were always vanilla as hell, and I always got the feeling he only succeeded at Alabama because of the players, not any schemes he deployed. Which is part of his problem now at Florida.

And yeah, fuck Applewhite.

Yup Mac was just boring and vanilla, Nuss, Alabama won in spite of Nuss. Its like people forget how much Alabama's offense was stuck in 2nd gear prior to Kiffin showing up. They went from a team that relied heavily on defense to keep it close, no turnovers on offense and safe play calling to a team that could blow the doors off anyone offensively.

2008-2013 you didn't expect Alabama to win a shoot out, or come from behind like they have the last 3 years in some games.

A Mac/Nuss coached offense loses to Clemson by 20 the past two years. That to me is proof of how they mismanaged the talent and skill positions, along with Saban getting even more outta the way.

Daboll seems like the right balance between what those coaches and Kiffin were doing.

Thread Tools