• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Snow
(10-25-2017, 10:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Hypron

Not yet, the only forums I read were neogaf and the learn Japanese subreddit (which isn't that interesting)... :(

Same here. Been filling a decent amount of time over the last few months with Japanese and this is one of the communities I really like, even though I mostly lurk. After reading the statements here and on waypoint, don't think I'm comfortable hanging out in this place anymore though.. (and regardless of my comfort level, feels like this place might not be long for this world anyways) Don't feel like making a big flame out post, but probably gonna be my last post in this place.

...man, my account is 12 years old, and I remember lurking on the old gaming age forums even before that. Peace gaf. You had some pretty cool communities and are one of the few gaming related places that's not a complete dumpster fire. Shame about the creepy guy who owns it all.
Porcile
(10-25-2017, 02:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Zefah

Thanks to whoever put this in Off Topic Community.

For those interested, there is a Learning Japanese Discord going right now. Quote for link.

I'm not too interested in private chats and things like this but I may join the Discord if it's anonymous? Can admins see my email? Before eveything goes belly up I suggest someone archive the OP and I'm an expert's long posts from the previous thread because they were very useful.

Do you guys even want me there? lol
Gacha-pin
(10-25-2017, 02:56 PM)
Just use a different username?
Porcile
(10-25-2017, 03:07 PM)
I don't have access to the email I used to register to GAF. Suppose I could create a fresh email account.
Alanae
(10-25-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Porcile

I'm not too interested in private chats and things like this but I may join the Discord if it's anonymous? Can admins see my email? Before eveything goes belly up I suggest someone archive the OP and I'm an expert's long posts from the previous thread because they were very useful.

Do you guys even want me there? lol

Please join in.
if you've made an account you can tell me the username and i'll invite you in.
Oare
(10-26-2017, 12:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Zefah

Thanks to whoever put this in Off Topic Community.

For those interested, there is a Learning Japanese Discord going right now. Quote for link.

The link seems to have expired unfortunately. I'd be interested in joining, even though I'm not the most prolific poster by far...
Alanae
(10-26-2017, 02:03 AM)

Originally Posted by Oare

The link seems to have expired unfortunately. I'd be interested in joining, even though I'm not the most prolific poster by far...

このポーストを引用してください
Oare
(10-26-2017, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Alanae

このポーストを引用してください

どうも
I'm an expert
Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
(10-30-2017, 10:07 AM)
If anyone needs any Japanese support, I am always on duty to support.
hitsugi
(10-31-2017, 05:54 AM)

Originally Posted by I'm an expert

wtf.. you're back!
FantasticMrSnake
(10-31-2017, 11:25 AM)

Originally Posted by Alanae

このポーストを引用してください

It's expired again =(, do you only talk on Japanese on the chat?
Alanae
(10-31-2017, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by FantasticMrSnake

It's expired again =(, do you only talk on Japanese on the chat?

Here:

As for what is talked about... it's kind of complicated to explain, easier to just see for yourself.
NahaNago
(11-01-2017, 08:48 PM)
Interesting thread will go back and read through everything, since i plan to restart learning Japanese for the umpteenth time as my new years resolution.
Resilient
(11-02-2017, 01:11 PM)
there is definitely a shit ton of good content in this thread should you go back and read everything.
NahaNago
(11-02-2017, 01:36 PM)

Originally Posted by Resilient

there is definitely a shit ton of good content in this thread should you go back and read everything.

I will probably later today and take notes on things that peak my interest.

edit : My reply sounds like complete douchebaggery. So my edit to my reply is I will probably read it later today and take some notes for references.
Porcile
(11-03-2017, 01:40 AM)
Douchebaggery is a requirement for posting here. Welcome.
TheSporkWithin
(11-03-2017, 02:08 AM)

Douchebaggery is a requirement for posting here. Welcome.

Only if you're desperately trying to get Expert-senpai to notice you.
NahaNago
(11-03-2017, 10:11 AM)
That brute force white board post was amazing.
Porcile
(11-03-2017, 03:10 PM)
It's a good post but a little unreasonable. Use it as motivation to know what's possible when it comes to learning something.
NahaNago
(11-03-2017, 05:05 PM)

It's a good post but a little unreasonable. Use it as motivation to know what's possible when it comes to learning something.

i was going to lower my requirements a little since learning Japanese is not the only thing i plan on learning/pursuing in the next few months
Nakho
(11-03-2017, 05:48 PM)
Get on my level and read the old topic we have. The whole thing.

Don't, lol. There is a post from Porcile (?) here that picks the best ones from the old topic.
Aizo
音楽オタク
(11-05-2017, 05:42 PM)

Originally Posted by I'm an expert

Did you request an unban?
ロキー
(11-13-2017, 07:33 PM)
Can anyone recommend any supplementary Kanji books to go along with Genki I? Is RTK good?
NahaNago
(11-14-2017, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Nakho

Get on my level and read the old topic we have. The whole thing.

Don't, lol. There is a post from Porcile (?) here that picks the best ones from the old topic.

I'm going to have to look for it well i'm on page 17 so far. I really need to pick up the pace
Blam
(11-15-2017, 03:51 PM)
Hopefully this thread picks up pace again.
Nakho
(11-16-2017, 12:33 AM)

Originally Posted by ロキー

Can anyone recommend any supplementary Kanji books to go along with Genki I? Is RTK good?

The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Course is really good. Look for posts from Beckx, he is using it, iirc.
ロキー
(11-16-2017, 02:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Nakho

The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Course is really good. Look for posts from Beckx, he is using it, iirc.

Thanks I'll check it out!