• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

BoboBrazil
(10-26-2017, 01:45 AM)

Originally Posted by BIGWORM

Gonna guess software-enabled buttons for the 5T?

Probably, would be nice if they could squeeze them on the bezel though, helps prevent burn in.
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(10-26-2017, 04:38 AM)
Crazy to think Samsung released the phone of the year in April. I'm kinda mad I waited until this month to get it, but I did save $150.
BoboBrazil
(10-26-2017, 04:45 AM)

Originally Posted by VanMardigan

Crazy to think Samsung released the phone of the year in April. I'm kinda mad I waited until this month to get it, but I did save $150.

Samsung's phone of the year was released in September(Note 8).
VanMardigan
has calmed down a bit.
(10-26-2017, 04:51 AM)

Originally Posted by BoboBrazil

Samsung's phone of the year was released in September(Note 8).

The best phone imo is the one you can recommend to the most people. The n8 size and price means that for way more people, the S8 is the best recommendation.
kinggroin
Banned
(10-26-2017, 05:25 AM)
Huh?
DirgeExtinction
(10-26-2017, 05:59 AM)
For those with the Pixel 2/XL, here's an app that will apparently help with the "dull" colors:
Make colors on the Pixel 2 and 2 XL more vibrant with Oreo Colorizer

No root required.

My P2XL comes in tomorrow! So excited.
linkboy
(10-26-2017, 06:12 AM)

The best phone imo is the one you can recommend to the most people. The n8 size and price means that for way more people, the S8 is the best recommendation.

I just got an S8+ and it's amazing. I'm shocked at how much of an upgrade over my Pixel XL it is.
FFP2
(10-26-2017, 09:49 AM)
Ya'll have a discord group?
Rox598
(10-26-2017, 10:40 AM)

Android 8.1 developer preview out. Unknown what's changed yet.

No always on display for pixel 1 is annoying
ViperVisor
(10-26-2017, 12:25 PM)

I got my S8+ new for $570 2 weeks ago.

Sure it's 5 months later but that $150 pays for my phone service for 5 months.
Xisiqomelir
(10-26-2017, 12:32 PM)
Hello again
-bakalhau-
(10-26-2017, 01:24 PM)
Hello guys. Hello hello... Who's there.
Kiraly
(10-26-2017, 04:03 PM)
I saw zomgbbqwtf post in the other thread, good to see he is back, I remember always fawning over his Xperia leaks and thinking surely this will be the return to glory for Sony with each phone lol.

Hope I get an invite soon.
tsab
(10-26-2017, 04:52 PM)

Android 8.1 developer preview out. Unknown what's changed yet.

Just stumbled on this
kaiyo
(10-26-2017, 05:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Kiraly

I saw zomgbbqwtf post in the other thread, good to see he is back, I remember always fawning over his Xperia leaks and thinking surely this will be the return to glory for Sony with each phone lol.

Hope I get an invite soon.

Well the fastest phone out now are the Xperia.
Big Blue
(10-26-2017, 05:23 PM)

Originally Posted by JudgeN

Question are there any non US phone markers that work on Verizon. Wife wants something smaller but looks like everything outside US is GSM only. Was hoping at least one of the outside makers supports US CDMA bands but i'm pretty sure they do not.

CDMA is pretty much only confined to Verizon, Sprint and their MVNOs
Husker86
(10-26-2017, 08:50 PM)

Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction

For those with the Pixel 2/XL, here's an app that will apparently help with the "dull" colors:
Make colors on the Pixel 2 and 2 XL more vibrant with Oreo Colorizer

No root required.

My P2XL comes in tomorrow! So excited.

Tried it out. The way it works is definitely going to have a performance hit. I'm just going to try to get used to these colors...
DirgeExtinction
(10-27-2017, 12:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Husker86

Tried it out. The way it works is definitely going to have a performance hit. I'm just going to try to get used to these colors...

Just got my Pixel 2 XL. Honestly, the blue shift doesn't bother me that much. I'm used to the colors coming from the Pixel XL on sRGB.
Greatest Ever
pretentious trash
(10-27-2017, 02:52 AM)
My S6 edge wouldn't turn the screen on until I literally kicked it. After that, it sort out all my navigation at once since it lost GPS signal. Then I got a call, picked it up, and the phone beeped halfway through and restarted.

I now own a Note8.
Fledz
(10-31-2017, 09:48 PM)
Wifi turning itself back on automatically as I enter my house is my favourite feature so far. It's the little things.
Nikodemos
(11-01-2017, 04:15 AM)

Originally Posted by kaiyo

Well the fastest phone out now are the Xperia.

Which is unsurprising when you're driving a 720p display. You get to use all that graphics grunt to actually crunch numbers, instead of displaying coloured dots on a screen.

It's called the Apple Trick.
kaiyo
(11-01-2017, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Nikodemos

Which is unsurprising when you're driving a 720p display. You get to use all that graphics grunt to actually crunch numbers, instead of displaying coloured dots on a screen.

It's called the Apple Trick.

Xperia XZ Premium/XZ1 and XZ1 Compact are pretty equal in speed
UnemployedVillain
(11-02-2017, 12:52 AM)
Soo, I don't know what's going on with my Pixel, but randomly it started opening Google Music at random and would keep cycling through tracks. Then it would open up Google Now Search over and over. Even after restarts and shutdowns it does it. I only stopped it by disabling Google Music. I tried using Spotify, but it also possibly has the same issue of opening when it wants to. Wtf. I didn't drop it or anything
longdi
(11-02-2017, 03:27 AM)
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...edium=referral

Razer 120hz 8gb phone for usd699. Looks quite nice like an Xperia.

Too bad it is using only sd835 and not apple's A-soc
Nicktendo86
(11-02-2017, 02:14 PM)

Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction

Just got my Pixel 2 XL. Honestly, the blue shift doesn't bother me that much. I'm used to the colors coming from the Pixel XL on sRGB.

The grainy look to it is what would bother me most, my Galaxy Nexus and Moto X 2014 both had that and it bugged the hell out of me.

I just got a Pixel XL (first gen) a few weeks ago as the price has dropped and love the display, first AMOLED screen I have actually been happy with. Anyone else have weird battery life though on Oreo? I can't tell if it is the OS, hardware or the poor signal at my house but it goes from having amazing standby to really, really shit seemingly random.
Rox598
(11-03-2017, 10:06 PM)
I fucking hate Three....bunch of useless twats who don't have a decent helpline at all

i've had better customer service from Oneplus :/ been trying to buy the Razer phone all day but keep getting an error at checkout....both mine and my partnets cards got blocked and fraud checked (unblocked now) all because their site is a load of shit.
thetechkid
(11-04-2017, 03:34 AM)
So i just bought a Note 8 and it should be here Tuesday, Does anyone have recommendations for a case/screen protector?
Syphon Filter
(11-04-2017, 04:54 AM)
Help a noob out, I am looking to buy this one.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Samsung-Galax...ProductDetails

Anything I should know?
BIGWORM
(11-04-2017, 08:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Syphon Filter

Help a noob out, I am looking to buy this one.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Samsung-Galax...ProductDetails

Anything I should know?

You trying to root?
mackattk
(11-05-2017, 03:44 AM)

Originally Posted by longdi

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-...edium=referral

Razer 120hz 8gb phone for usd699. Looks quite nice like an Xperia.

Too bad it is using only sd835 and not apple's A-soc

Why would an Android phones use apples processor?
Syphon Filter
(11-05-2017, 05:06 AM)

Originally Posted by BIGWORM

You trying to root?

nah
Epitomb
Banned
(11-09-2017, 05:34 AM)
pretty awesome how aj keeps leaking out stuff which is literally inside trading.
BoboBrazil
(Yesterday, 02:58 AM)
If anyone is planning on purchasing a OnePlus 5T, you can get $20 off accessories with your purchase https://oneplus.net/invite#VN0ZNNSFWEQZDUS
Xisiqomelir
(Today, 05:48 AM)
So what arcane setting do I invoke so that clicking a phone number in Firefox opens the Dialer app instead of @$@$%(&## Google Hangouts?