• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

wwm0nkey
(06-12-2014, 06:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Roche

You know despite how silly it is, I would think it must be at least a little entertaining to see people make up a dramatic conspiracy behind your every action.

Pretty sure 343 is run by aliens guys.

Wizard Aliens
Silky
Banned
(06-12-2014, 06:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Stinkles

Just the idea that we'd take on a product of this scale, on the tenth anniversary of the game, to do damage control for a game we're looking forward to, made by our friends is... Surreal.

343 Just shot themselves in the foot!

--

Hmm...quick question regarding custom games. There /is/ custom games, right? And we can choose whatever Halo MP to play right
Tomash
(06-12-2014, 06:58 PM)
Will custom games, campaign co-op and Spartan Ops be hosted on dedicated servers? I know Titanfall uses dedicated servers for private matches, and I'm hoping the same is true for MC Collection. I live in a country where upload speeds cannot handle many players in a custom game, and even a 4-player Spartan Ops is a lagfest.
Buwx
(06-12-2014, 06:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Roche

Pretty sure 343 is run by aliens guys.

Poker Face
(06-12-2014, 07:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Silky

343 Just shot themselves in the foot!

--

Hmm...quick question regarding custom games. There /is/ custom games, right? And we can choose whatever Halo MP to play right

Yes, and yes
REMEMBER CITADEL
Banned
(06-12-2014, 07:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Buwx

Brilliant.
Sub_Level
(06-12-2014, 07:30 PM)

They even put a TV logo in lol

A+ for effort. Memes are only driven into the ground when people stop putting effort in. There is always a new derivative.
Sai-kun
Banned
(06-12-2014, 07:31 PM)

Omg

The fuck

Amazing
Mr. Enigma
(06-12-2014, 07:35 PM)

Originally Posted by monome

This compilation reeks of damage control vs Destiny's ample package whereas a simpler focus on Halo 2 would have been sufficient IMO.

The all thing around the campaign being watched/played through the eyes of Halo 5's Agent Locke is nice but not necessary (except for some fancy unified menu) and I can't help but flag it under "343i likes to show off" rather that "343i has great game ideas"...

Toa TAK
Banned
(06-12-2014, 07:37 PM)

Everything does exist on the internet.
Booties
Banned

Just the idea that we'd take on a product of this scale, on the tenth anniversary of the game, to do damage control for a game we're looking forward to, made by our friends is... Surreal.

Give us ODST, Wars, and Reach on the same disc, that'll show him. Don't say you can't. Rule 27: No Excuses, play like a champion.
danwarb

Originally Posted by El_Chino

Kind of saddens me that Halo 3 isn't getting some form of graphical treatment other than 1080p resolution.

Don't worry, it'll be as pretty as the photomode pics.
Steverulez

This is a strange post, its almost like you guys have more to do than deliberately try to compete and spite other companies with your HD collection..!

Looking forward to this a lot, a great package for fans.
metareferential
(06-12-2014, 07:38 PM)

Originally Posted by danwarb

hnnnnnng.

*dies*

At 60 fps.

*dies again*

(I know this doesn't contribute much to the discussion, but I'm just a Halo fan with a raging halo-boner).
Livewire99
Banned
(06-12-2014, 07:45 PM)

Originally Posted by metareferential

but I'm just a Halo fan with a raging halo-boner.

Yo man, you should get that checked. Boners ain't supposed to Halo like that.
Izuna
(06-12-2014, 07:48 PM)

The amount of culture required to understand this post makes it amazing. I want to print this out.
dwells
(06-12-2014, 07:50 PM)

Given that the photo mode pics were rendered with additional effects at a higher resolution, with high levels of AA, and supersampled, I don't think so.
Dub117
(06-12-2014, 08:13 PM)

You win the Internet
User 73706
Banned
(06-12-2014, 08:19 PM)

All it's missing is one of those wonky Alien Queen-ass Councilor headdresses to replicate the real dude's weird hair.
FUNKNOWN iXi
(06-12-2014, 08:20 PM)

Originally Posted by wwm0nkey

Wizard Aliens

Still can't believe I'll be able to play 2v2s on Wizard later this year.. And then we have one dude talking smack about it................

Come find me monome. He hasn't even posted in here since then lol
Sanpei
(06-12-2014, 08:29 PM)
Take my money you legendary-fucking-awesome-game-pack-with-one-hundred-maps-running-on-dedicated-servers-at-60fps !

Guardians, Construction, Lockdown, Pit, Narrows...Wait for me....
TheOddOne
(06-12-2014, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Sub-Zero at a Starbucks

All it's missing is one of those wonky Alien Queen-ass Councilor headdresses to replicate the real dude's weird hair.

Hair on Elites? Yo dun lost yo mind even more, Wahrer.
E92 M3
(06-12-2014, 08:33 PM)

That is brilliant! Sometimes you just gotta love the internet.
Booties
Banned
(06-12-2014, 08:34 PM)
Frankie, any stat tracking plans yet?
Twilight Gap
Banned
(06-12-2014, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Booties

Frankie, any stat tracking plans yet?

To add onto this, their stats pages could use an overhaul. The Reach stats on waypoint were laid out well and accessible. The Halo 4 stats, while interesting to look at, are not very easy to follow. Navigating it is slow and cumbersome and I feel like it's more difficult to find what I want.

I'm assuming that the stats page will use the same UI design as the in-game menus to maintain continuity
Booties
Banned
(06-12-2014, 08:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Zoba

To add onto this, I'd like the online stats to return ot the simpler webpages that we had with Reach. The Reach stats on waypoint are actually pretty good, but as cool as the Halo 4 one may look, navigating it is slow and cumbersome and I feel like it's more difficult to find what I want.

I'm assuming that the stats page will use the same UI design as the in-game menus to maintain continuity

Yeah, it needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Hopefully this is one of the big things Frankie was talking about when he said they were listening to the community and learning from their mistakes.
ThatsMytrunks
(06-12-2014, 08:40 PM)
It would be AMAZING if they added theater mode for Halo 4 campaign. That campaign is so god damn pretty, I've wanted to mess with that so much.
SicSemperTyrannis
(06-12-2014, 08:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Zoba

To add onto this, their stats pages could use an overhaul. The Reach stats on waypoint were laid out well and accessible. The Halo 4 stats, while interesting to look at, are not very easy to follow. Navigating it is slow and cumbersome and I feel like it's more difficult to find what I want.

Throw all the new stat programs out, give me the Halo 2 setup for waypoint across all the games and I will be in heaven. Halo 2 stat tracking by games with overall total stats was the easiest to read. It got tricky if you played thousands of games, so maybe a search function of some kind or a filtering selection could help out.
Quitsy
(06-12-2014, 08:46 PM)
\o/ Shine your light upon my face Halo 2! Been waiting so long for your return! \o/

SO HYPE!
Toa TAK
Banned
(06-12-2014, 08:49 PM)
I'm half dreading, half excited to get the Scarab gun again.
cool_dude
Banned
(06-12-2014, 08:52 PM)

Originally Posted by E92 M3

That is brilliant! Sometimes you just gotta love the internet.

LOL. The headdress needs to get progressively bigger and bigger.
Ran Ran
(06-12-2014, 08:52 PM)

GG WP
danwarb
(06-12-2014, 09:01 PM)

Originally Posted by dwells

Given that the photo mode pics were rendered with additional effects at a higher resolution, with high levels of AA, and supersampled, I don't think so.

Nope. They were just supersampled. That was the AA. No extra effects.
Faith
(06-12-2014, 09:01 PM)
I don't get it. Could someone please explain?
Bsigg12
(06-12-2014, 09:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Toa TAK

I'm half dreading, half excited to get the Scarab gun again.

Yep. It was a pain in the ass to get but damnit it'll be awesome.
AlStrong
(06-12-2014, 09:03 PM)

Originally Posted by cool_dude

LOL. The headdress needs to get progressively bigger and bigger.

:D
Toa TAK
Banned
(06-12-2014, 09:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Bsigg12

Yep. It was a pain in the ass to get but damnit it'll be awesome.

You're damn right it will be.

Hopefully it will be an achievement like it was in Halo 2 Vista. Still one of my favorite achievements to get, even when I was lucky enough to get it in one go.
LlamaJohnson
(06-12-2014, 09:09 PM)

Why have wars? Why have racism? Why have hatred? Why have any of that, when we have this. God bless the internet, and God bless NeoGAF.
HTupolev
(06-12-2014, 09:10 PM)

Nope. They were just supersampled. That was the AA. No extra effects.

They were a bit different besides just sampling; Bungie mentioned that at least Halo 3's screenshot mode used a slightly different method for applying bloom. But yeah, it's very similar.

In some respects the XB1 game possibly still won't be up to the level of screenshot mode, as those shots are supersampled from 4K.
BigShow36
(06-12-2014, 09:11 PM)

Originally Posted by izunadono

The amount of culture required to understand this post makes it amazing. I want to print this out.

I question your idea of "culture."
Darkmakaimura
(06-12-2014, 09:19 PM)
Any chance of seeing more character screen shots from H2A soon?
DudeWithNoName
(06-12-2014, 09:32 PM)
I'm gonna wear out my F5 key in this thread. I'm so damn excited for this game. November is such a long way away!
The Librarian
Banned
(06-12-2014, 09:34 PM)
That Elite forerunner picture is amazing.
Bsigg12
(06-12-2014, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Darkmakaimura

Any chance of seeing more character screen shots from H2A soon?

I want to see what they did with Cortana.
User 73706
Banned
(06-12-2014, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by TheOddOne

Hair on Elites? Yo dun lost yo mind even more, Wahrer.

They do have eyebrow ridges.
Steverulez
(06-12-2014, 09:39 PM)
I know it won't be a drastic change but i'd like to see comparisons for the other games too, i'd say particularly H3/4 but thats 2/3 of the games :P
jelly
(06-12-2014, 09:39 PM)

Internet makes me smile :D
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(06-12-2014, 09:45 PM)
Another thing I just remembered:

Everyone in Halo 2 will have full physics now*. In the Xbox version, only the host had full physics due to a glitch.

This means you're going to have new paths and tricks available to you that were only doable if you were host in the original version.

*if it's based off the PC version

examples:

grenade jumps - you can now simply grenade jump to the top of the Sanctuary ring, instead of doing that weird side jump

anti vehicle strategy - grenades will now flip over warthogs and push them back
Demoncarnotaur
(06-12-2014, 09:46 PM)

Amazing. :lol

Just needs a crazier helmet.
Crowza
Err......oops
(06-12-2014, 09:55 PM)
Those words are just stuck in my head...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1287