View Single Post
dwells
(06-12-2014, 04:30 PM)
First off, I'm super excited for this and am buying an Xbox One exclusively for it. That said, I have a few concerns:
  • Why aren't the Halo 2 maps in Halo 2 mode getting any sort of graphical remaster? I mean, they have the assets for all the player models and weapons already since they'll be in campaign, would it have been that hard to make some high-res map textures? Hell, I'll do it if they'll use them. Leave the old geometry even.
  • Why am I seeing no anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering in the classic mode Halo 2 screenshots? i.e. why does it look noticeably worse than it did running on my weak 2007 PC at 1080p60?
  • Similarly, why does it look like the textures are from the Xbox version and not the higher res assets seen in H2V?
  • The question in the first post to the devs about whether H1 online feels like LAN was totally dodged. has the game been optimized for online play and feel like it does playing it on LAN with low latency, or does it feel like playing H1 PC on a dedicated server (a mess of mangled netcode).
  • Same as above, except for Halo 2. How's it play online with the servers? Does it feel like nobody's host and everyone's BR and shotgun has limited efficacy, or does it feel like LAN where it felt like everyone was host and you had to adjust your strategy accordingly?
  • What's with the whole "system link is tricky" nonsense? LAN play is a key feature of Halo, especially since MLG wants to put it back in the rotation. What's so tricky about guaranteed low latency?